• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

moojito

Damn, what a difference it is playing this game on the PC versus ps4. I decided to get the premium version on the pc since it was only £16. I wasn't sure how well it would run but it's fine, looks great and mouse+kb is so much better than the game pad.

Played a bit of ctf on metro. I don't think I was ever able to get a game of ctf on the ps4 version! Good times.

Apath

This is so fucking stupid. Eight times in a row. Eight times in a row I have been joined up in this same stupid server running Paracel Storm non-stop. I am so fucking sick of Paracel Storm. I get matched up to it, I exit, I go into matchmaking, it puts me back in. This is driving me insane.

EDIT: Yeah, different playlist--NON STOP OPERATION LOCKER. Jesus christ this game is terrible.

Bollocks

EDIT: Yeah, different playlist--NON STOP OPERATION LOCKER. Jesus christ this game is terrible.

What? They could have released the game with only Locker and I would have the same play time.
Whenever I play it is Locker 24/7, gives me my clusterfuck fix

Tubie

This is so fucking stupid. Eight times in a row. Eight times in a row I have been joined up in this same stupid server running Paracel Storm non-stop. I am so fucking sick of Paracel Storm. I get matched up to it, I exit, I go into matchmaking, it puts me back in. This is driving me insane.

Stop using quick match.

Go on the server browser and pick the maps you want to play (you can also check what maps are in that servers rotation before you join it).

Problem solved.

Lulu23

Stop using quick match.

Go on the server browser and pick the maps you want to play (you can also check what maps are in that servers rotation before you join it).

Problem solved.

Except even then it's hard to find any decent servers because DICE thinks people only ever want to play a single DLC rotation or the base game rotation and doesn't want to offer official servers with decent playlists because rent-a-server for a thousand euros a month.

Tubie

Except even then it's hard to find any decent servers because DICE thinks people only ever want to play a single DLC rotation or the base game rotation and doesn't want to offer official servers with decent playlists because rent-a-server for a thousand euros a month.

Still better than quick matching into 24/7 locker or paracel storm servers over and over like what was happening to that guy, which is why I suggested using server browser.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

?

Are you looking for EA/DICE servers in the server browser? That's sadly always been the case. If you mean rent-a-servers that do that, well that's on the owners for wanting only one expansion.

What settings should I absolutely turn down? I have a very modest system (i3-2100 and GTX 960), and while I can run BF3 well on ultra settings, BF4 kicks my ass.

Frostbite is a very CPU demanding engine, apparently. Your i3 is mostly the problem compared to the GPU. That said, if you're able to run BF3 on Ultra, you should be able to run BF4 on High or Medium. Your defaults didn't set the game to "auto" where the game will try to benchmark itself and set it up for the best experience it thinks you can do first?

I bought the premium edition on PSN but in multiplayer there are three modes locked asking me to buy more DLC. Why?

Have you gone to the PSN store and downloaded the expansions?

TThjqWY.gif

autoduelist

So I bought this during the sale week....

I used to be very good at BF2 (I used to limit myself to primarily knife and c4 kills some days), and put quite a few hours into BF3 too.

I've put a couple hours into BF4 now... and I'm starting to remember the basics - it's been so long [been playing TLOUR mostly]. Nothing is unlocked yet, though, and I"m still new to all the maps.

One thing I've noticed -- nobody is on mics (ps4)! All the buddies i made via mic on BF2/3 aren't playing BF4... so basically, it's games of silence. I love working with a squad, so.... hopefully over time i find people.

Anyone here play a lot on PS4 I can add? It's okay even if you don't use a mic, though even better if you do.

looks like it will be a December to Remember.

get all your missing zodiac tags!

Battlefield 4 December Deployment Brief

It’s nearly time to jump into Dragon Valley 2015, coming free with Battlefield 4 Legacy Operations*. But besides enjoying the signs, sounds, and chaos of the revamped and remade Dragon Valley, Battlefield 4 players have a number of in-game events to enjoy. There are community missions, double XP events, and even a chance to claim a bunch of Zodiac Dog Tags you might have missed.

Schedule of Events
Every Friday

#FridayNightBattlefield
Is there any better way to kick off the weekend than with a few matches of Battlefield 4? Every Friday, you can jump online to play against some of the Battlelog moderators, Answers HQ members, and several of the folks from the Battlefield community team. We’ll Tweet out the server details every Friday, so be on the lookout at twitter.com/battlefield

December 9 – December 15
Zodiac Mission: Sagittarius
Jump into any Battlefield 4 multiplayer mode and map and score 25 Kills with the QBB-95 to get the Sagittarius Dog Tag. This mission is active between December 9, 2015 9AM PT and December 15, 2015 9AM PT**.

December 15 – December 21
Double XP
Want to rank up faster? From December 15 at 9AM PT until December 21 at 9AM PT, all matches played on Ranked and Official servers will earn you Double XP.

December 23
In Case You Missed It (ICYMI) Zodiac Mission: Aries
Jump back into any Battlefield 4 multiplayer mode and map and score 1 knife kill to get the Aries Dog Tag. This mission is active between December 23, 2015 9AM PT and December 24, 2015 9AM PT**.

December 24
ICYMI Zodiac Mission: Taurus
Jump into any Battlefield 4 multiplayer mode and map and destroy 5 vehicles to get the Taurus Dog Tag. This mission is active between December 24, 2015 9AM PT and December 25, 2015 9AM PT**.

Gold Battlepack
Happy holidays, everyone! Log in to claim a free Gold Battlepack on December 24 starting at 9AM PT.

December 25
ICYMI Zodiac Mission: Gemini
Jump into any Battlefield 4 multiplayer mode and map and revive 5 teammates to get the Gemini Dog Tag. This mission is active between December 25, 2015 9AM PT and December 26, 2015 9AM PT**.

December 26
ICYMI Zodiac Mission: Cancer
Jump into any Battlefield 4 multiplayer mode and map and score 5 kills from boats to get the Cancer Dog Tag. This mission is active between December 26, 2015 9AM PT and December 27, 2015 9AM PT**.

December 27
ICYMI Zodiac Mission: Leo
Jump into any Battlefield 4 multiplayer mode and map and score 10 headshots with any sniper rifle to get the Leo Dog Tag. This mission is active between December 27, 2015 9AM PT and December 28, 2015 9AM PT**.

December 28
ICYMI Zodiac Mission: Virgo
Jump into any Battlefield 4 multiplayer mode and map and score 25 Kills with the PDW to get the Virgo Dog Tag. This mission is active between December 28, 2015 9AM PT and December 29, 2015 9AM PT**.

December 29
ICYMI Zodiac Mission: Libra
Jump into any Battlefield 4 multiplayer mode and map and score 25 Kills with the DAO-12 to get the Libra Dog Tag. This mission is active between December 29, 2015 9AM PT and December 30, 2015 9AM PT**.

December 30
ICYMI Zodiac Mission: Scorpio
Jump into any Battlefield 4 multiplayer mode and map and score 25 Kills with the CZ-3A1 to get the Scorpio Dog Tag. This mission is active between December 30, 2015 9AM PT and December 31, 2015 9AM PT**.

December 31
ICYMI Zodiac Mission: Sagittarius
Jump into any Battlefield 4 multiplayer mode and map and score 25 Kills with the QBB-95 to get the Sagittarius Dog Tag. This mission is active between December 31, 2015 9AM PT and January 1, 2016 9AM PT**.

*REQUIRES BATTLEFIELD 4 FULL GAME ON APPLICABLE PLATFORM.
**Be sure to redeem your rewards through Battlelog before the Community Mission is over.

BF4 is g... good now?
Played a bit of rush today and it felt pretty damn great. The guns now had spread and recoil! It's like another dev worked on this :p

Anyone still playing on the PS4? I got an itch.

moojito

BF4 is g... good now?
Played a bit of rush today and it felt pretty damn great. The guns now had spread and recoil! It's like another dev worked on this :p

Anyone still playing on the PS4? I got an itch.

Apparently there are more people playing on ps4 than on pc!
I have it on both, but dat mouse and keyboard, yo. Can't beat it.

I keep downloading these awesome patches but other games keep drawing me away. However, it's great knowing this game continues to get such awesome support.

Me too, but i keep going back to it. What it does is unique. No one else does it as well as them. Plus the constant support and free dlc just motivate me to go back even more. I was hoping battlefront would replace it but it was not to be.

Slightly OT, but is battlefield 3 worth buying on PC? Put about 500 hours into the PS3 version and fancy going back.

I've been going back to BF3, I like the gun play a lot more.
There's still quite a lot of people playing the vanilla maps, but if you want to play a specific DLC map it may be difficult to find one with players on.
I would recommend it though, and if you got a decent PC it will be a huge upgrade from the PS3 version.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
How's chopper piloting these days? Are they still death traps?

TheSeks

That "at first I was like :|, but then... ALL MY RAGE".gif feeling when you call out a crate to defend, half your team won't defend that crate (which is open air thereby EASIER to defend) and instead go to defend the other one until it's too late to defend the one you wanted to defend. Oh, and then they go "guys, defend this one!"

Like... "DUDES, I CALLED THAT OUT FIVE MINUTES AGO. WTF!?"

get all your missing zodiac tags!

Not getting those in the first place. Come on, son.

TheSeks

i only wanted Sagittarius but i mean... collecting shiny things, gotta get my Aries tag.

I've been doing those past Leo simply because they're mostly trouble-free (not that I'm complaining): Do 5-25 kills with X weapon and then "claim."

The only trouble-bit is them doing it on a certain weekend. It should be a month or three to fit the zodiac sign, but since that's not "on-schedule" I guess they're doing it this way to try to catch up before end of life?

Keasar

I've found my lust for BF4 again.

Dragon Valley exclusive servers from now on.

Also, goddamn loading music that is great for once.

zedge

Could not find the download for this under BF4 in the store add ons.. So I go into hardlne and it shows up there? WTF

Oh well, downloading.

TheSeks

Dragon Valley Sabo is so bad. OMG. The bridges are just placed so badly and I can't seem to find the RU boat spawn (if it even has one) while the US gets a boat that is able to mow people down trying to run it the shortest distance.

Just played a round of rush on Dragon Valley. I was on the attacking team and the defenders can freely walk around the attackers spawn. There were so many of them doing it that nobody was guarding the objectives. I'm glad we got the win, but that needs to be fixed ASAP.

TheSeks

Just played a round of rush on Dragon Valley. I was on the attacking team and the defenders can freely walk around the attackers spawn. There were so many of them doing it that nobody was guarding the objectives. I'm glad we got the win, but that needs to be fixed ASAP.

"CTE tested!™"

And Kane wonders why I stopped going onto the CTE client.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
The water is downgraded in the new map.Is static and don't have physics like the other maps.I'm talking of the xbox one version.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I haven't been able to find a rush server yet, but is that on the first set? In BC2 only the first set had a protected spawn.

I haven't been able to find a rush server yet, but is that on the first set? In BC2 only the first set had a protected spawn.

I noticed it after the first set. I've not really noticed it on other maps. I know they TRY to spawn trap, but this was straight up a line of guys at the back of the spawn area, behind where you spawn just raking in kills. I can't recall seeing that in any other times I've played rush. I don't remember it happening on Operation Outbreak either.

I noticed it after the first set. I've not really noticed it on other maps. I know they TRY to spawn trap, but this was straight up a line of guys at the back of the spawn area, behind where you spawn just raking in kills. I can't recall seeing that in any other times I've played rush. I don't remember it happening on Operation Outbreak either.
First set is spawn protected just like other maps. Attackers start across the river and are out-of-bounds to defenders.

I've noticed more than the usual amount of spawn trapping on the 2nd set, probably because of the long and open swim back to the third set.

Definitely had a decent amount of it on the last set of Outbreak too.

Top Bottom