• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Check this post:

When the patch hit I could barely play any games. Now games are playable but they are a bit worse for me. I wish I knew how to use the DVR features to post some clips.

I don't know why but things have gotten better. My ping is usually between 100 - 150 on east US servers, it's high but it isn't absurdly high, if your is higher than that you're going to have some serious issues.

Pay attention to the right corner of the screen and see if you have some strange icons (something like a clock). If you do you're having latency problems.

Yeah, I do have red icons meaning latency problems. I pause the game and do the test and it says my connection is fucked up. I'll probably not be able to play anymore then :(

Edit: oh, thanks for that quote.

JJD

Yeah, I do have red icons meaning latency problems. I pause the game and do the test and it says my connection is fucked up. I'll probably not be able to play anymore then :(

Edit: oh, thanks for that quote.

Funny thing is my connection tests always came out fine. As I said at least for me, things have gotten better.

Don't forget that Latin American servers are on the way. They are testing then on Xbox CTE. I guess they will be available soon. I'll make a post when they release more info about it.

Mahonay

Banned
They should have had Latin America servers ages ago. It feels like 1/3 of the Battlefield 4 population is from that part of the globe.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
They should have had Latin America servers ages ago. It feels like 1/3 of the Battlefield 4 population is from that part of the globe.

s/Latin America/More server providers.

I'm still pissed EA cheaped out and only has like 4 server providers for BF4 compared to BF3's... what... 10-15?

s/Latin America/More server providers.

I'm still pissed EA cheaped out and only has like 4 server providers for BF4 compared to BF3's... what... 10-15?

Gotta make sure to have only quality server providers.

Kappa.png

Effect

Are the PC servers still healthy?

Currently reinstalling the game after not being able to bring myself to spend the money on Black Ops 3 (having already gotten Fallout 4). So figure I'd give this another try to satisfy my FPS. Same with CS:GO which I also reinstalled.

Do you guys think we'll get BF5 next year?

I still want to jump into BF but keep getting held back by costs: It's $70 for the base game + season pass, which seems fair enough, but I keep getting worried about not finding the games I want.

I hear that the classic BF presets are mostly dead (no health regen, modified spotting, etc), and I worry that the DLC will have little to no players (I want to enjoy the game's DLC maps with the peace of mind that I dont have to worry about not finding players).

There seems to be so much added. I wanted a shooter all gen, and BF is the best fit, but I feel like I waited way too long. I also keep thinking there will be some discount soon on PS4.

This thread seems really slow too, so I assume GAF doesnt play as much?

Also, on a random note, have they ever made changes to the Commander's ability to do constant UAV scans? I genuinely hated that because I hate the idea of players being marked on the minimap constantly. Takes the fun out of sneaking, flanking, and marking enemies yourself.

Tubie

Do you guys think we'll get BF5 next year?

I still want to jump into BF but keep getting held back by costs: It's $70 for the base game + season pass, which seems fair enough, but I keep getting worried about not finding the games I want.

I hear that the classic BF presets are mostly dead (no health regen, modified spotting, etc), and I worry that the DLC will have little to no players (I want to enjoy the game's DLC maps with the peace of mind that I dont have to worry about not finding players).

There seems to be so much added. I wanted a shooter all gen, and BF is the best fit, but I feel like I waited way too long. I also keep thinking there will be some discount soon on PS4.

This thread seems really slow too, so I assume GAF doesnt play as much?

Also, on a random note, have they ever made changes to the Commander's ability to do constant UAV scans? I genuinely hated that because I hate the idea of players being marked on the minimap constantly. Takes the fun out of sneaking, flanking, and marking enemies yourself.

Game is 2 years old, and this thread is pretty active for a shooter that old.

http://bf4stats.com/

Game has a healthy population on basically every platform. I've never had trouble finding Conquest Large servers for any of the DLC maps either (PS4).

TheSeks

Thread activity = player activity.

KEK. KEK. KEK.

Conquest servers that are NORMAL (read: 3D spotting on, etc.) are still populated. The other modes are slightly mixed with them being popular but not in the same league as the Conquest servers.

You'll still have players next year, Bad Company 2 still does. BF3 still does. And BF4 still does two years from launch.

If you care that much: Just wait for BF5 and then get Premium along with it at launch. Or don't bother.

Gotta make sure to have only quality server providers.

Kappa.png

More like
server providers.

thenexus6

Why is it when I search large scale battles - year 1 maps. I get put into a map I don't feel like playing so I leave and search again to just get put in the exact same match again? Happens every single time.

TheSeks

Why is it when I search large scale battles - year 1 maps. I get put into a map I don't feel like playing so I leave and search again to just get put in the exact same match again? Happens every single time.

STOP USING MATCHMAKING *Blingee this.jpg*

No, seriously. Stop using a terrible thing. Embrace our lord and savior: Server Filters. Don't want to play that map? Exclude it from the browser list.

"But my lar--"

Players: 64.
Game Mode: Conquest/Rush/Sabotage

Done.

Thread activity = player activity.

KEK. KEK. KEK.

Conquest servers that are NORMAL (read: 3D spotting on, etc.) are still populated. The other modes are slightly mixed with them being popular but not in the same league as the Conquest servers.

You'll still have players next year, Bad Company 2 still does. BF3 still does. And BF4 still does two years from launch.

If you care that much: Just wait for BF5 and then get Premium along with it at launch. Or don't bother.

I think I just feel overwhelmed with the content and DLC, and the age of the game.

While I dont mind normal conquest, I feel like I would enjoy the Classic setting a lot more (no 3D spotting, stricter health respawn, spawn on leader only).

Having played the vanilla game around launch, I was not into the vanilla maps, or the China Rising ones. Most of them felt didn't feel as nice as the ones in BF3.

DLC seems promising, and I guess that's just murky waters with potential lack of servers. I also just feel like we'll see a price drop or sale soon, so I'm stuck waiting or just diving in completely

thenexus6

STOP USING MATCHMAKING *Blingee this.jpg*

No, seriously. Stop using a terrible thing. Embrace our lord and savior: Server Filters. Don't want to play that map? Exclude it from the browser list.

"But my lar--"

Players: 64.
Game Mode: Conquest/Rush/Sabotage

Done.

This has zero explanation to why it would put me back into the same game again.

TheSeks

Ugh. Bad Company 2 DX 10/11 mode is broken. And the latest driver still doesn't fix it.

*rage* I have "stable" drivers for it but apparently Nvidia doesn't like windows 10 using them despite the fucking drivers being set for Windows 8 which means it should work on 10 as well.

Damn it, Nvidia. I'd like to play more than one round before it stutters into 1-10FPS city. :|

This has zero explanation to why it would put me back into the same game again.

Matchmaking = "Please find me a game really quickly. I don't care about maps/modes, just find me one."
Game: OKAY! *dumps you into the first server it deems "okay" for your connection*
You: "WTF I DON'T WANT TO PLAY THIS MODE/MAP!?" *Quits*
You: "Okay, now let's try this again..."
Matchmaking: Please find me a game really quickly. I don't care about maps/modes, just find me one.
Game: OKAY! *dumps you into the previous server it deemed "okay" for your connection because it's the fastest server to find available*

Make sense now? MM don't give a fuck about you not liking maps. MM don't care.

Meanwhile, your lord and savior the server filter: DOES. It'll remove servers that are playing on that map and allow you to find maps that you do want to play on.

Make sense?

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Ugh. Bad Company 2 DX 10/11 mode is broken. And the latest driver still doesn't fix it.

*rage* I have "stable" drivers for it but apparently Nvidia doesn't like windows 10 using them despite the fucking drivers being set for Windows 8 which means it should work on 10 as well.

Damn it, Nvidia. I'd like to play more than one round before it stutters into 1-10FPS city. :|
Damn, I tried to play this the other day and had the same problem. I figured I had messed something up because I had accepted Nvidia's recommended set-up. Sad to hear it's not something that is easily fixable. Guess I should find if there is somewhere I can complain to Nvidia.

Donos

Matchmaking = "Please find me a game really quickly. I don't care about maps/modes, just find me one."
Game: OKAY! *dumps you into the first server it deems "okay" for your connection*
You: "WTF I DON'T WANT TO PLAY THIS MODE/MAP!?" *Quits*
You: "Okay, now let's try this again..."
Matchmaking: Please find me a game really quickly. I don't care about maps/modes, just find me one.
Game: OKAY! *dumps you into the previous server it deemed "okay" for your connection because it's the fastest server to find available*

Make sense now? MM don't give a fuck about you not liking maps. MM don't care.

Meanwhile, your lord and savior the server filter: DOES. It'll remove servers that are playing on that map and allow you to find maps that you do want to play on.

Make sense?

uhh... can you explain this in Dragonball speak?

Have to search the latest patch change log but it feels like the MK 11 MOD can shoot faster now.

Theorry

Good to see this game is still live and kicking. Havent played for about 6 months. But after having a horrendous time in Battlefront these last days is good to play a decent game again. I dont know what it was in Battlefront i could barely make any kills the whole time and really was questioning my skills. Lucky from the start playing BF4 again tonight i was killing left and right and getting 40/5, top on the scoreboard etc.

grimmiq

I picked up the Battlefield bundle when it was on sale on the EU store (BF4+Hardline on PS4), noticed it required a lot of HDD space to download, is there any way to just install 1 of the games? 50GB for Hardline + 40GB for BF4 is a bit much. Can I just delete 1 after they're both installed without screwing anything up for the other? Sucks for people with download caps.

TVexperto

Battlefield 4 Premium is on sale for PS3 and PS4 for only 20 Euros. Anyone know if its worth it? I have over 24 hours playtime on the vanilla version on PS4.

Li Kao

I'm considering buying BF4 instead of Battlefront as I'm not a huge multiplayer gamer and just want a quick fix. That being said, is the purchase of the dlc necessary or are the base maps populated enough ?

TheSeks

I'm considering buying BF4 instead of Battlefront as I'm not a huge multiplayer gamer and just want a quick fix. That being said, is the purchase of the dlc necessary or are the base maps populated enough ?

Base maps are always being played.

But Premium is worth it for the guns.

Why is GAF playing conquest small as of late? We upgraded to PS4 for a reason lol

Probably because most servers that are using 64-players are doing 60Hz which really isn't intended for that player count. But I dunno if 60Hz is on consoles yet.

guess i have no excuse to not unlock it on last gen consoles now.

That reminds me that I still need to get Premium on PS3. But I really don't want to redo the assignments for 100% >_>

I still play BF4 and there are still plenty of servers and people. Im on ps4. No other game does what BF4 does, not even battlefront unfortunately. But yeah, there are a lot of servers with DLC. Id get the whole thing.

AlexBasch

Guys, quick question.

I just bought a PS4 last week so I just noticed vanilla BF4 on sale, if I bought BF4 with Premium on PS3, does it transfer or how does it work? Do I need to buy Premium again?

Tubie

Guys, quick question.

I just bought a PS4 last week so I just noticed vanilla BF4 on sale, if I bought BF4 with Premium on PS3, does it transfer or how does it work? Do I need to buy Premium again?

I believe it doesn't transfer from ps3 to ps4, so yea probably have to buy it again.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Just got this game, and am surprised by how much more demanding it is than BF3.

What settings should I absolutely turn down? I have a very modest system (i3-2100 and GTX 960), and while I can run BF3 well on ultra settings, BF4 kicks my ass.

Any settings that have a minimal difference from, say, medium to ultra?

im_dany

Guys, quick question.

Check the web store, it should appear as purchased. I bought Premium on 360 and the X1 version appeared as free on the web page, and it was there when I bought my X1. Same should apply for PS3-4 but easier, since PS Store has actual cross-buy

AlexBasch

you should see Premium as purchased in the PSN store for PS4

Check the web store, it should appear as purchased. I bought Premium on 360 and the X1 version appeared as free on the web page, and it was there when I bought my X1. Same should apply for PS3-4 but easier, since PS Store has actual cross-buy
Yeah, this did the trick. I was worried since I bought the PS3 BF4 Premium Edition, but didn't think of checking the actual "Premium" item in the store, and yeah, it shows as free. Thank you both. :D

last week there was an Xbox sale, this week, it's $20 on Origin or $24 ($18 PS+) for BF4 Premium Edition

regular editions also on sale for $10 and $15 ($12) respectively but ... why would you even do that?

J_Viper

How's the community on PS4 holding up?

Now that Battlefront has worn out for me, I'm considering rebuying now that it's on sale.

Tubie

you should see Premium as purchased in the PSN store for PS4

Really? This is nice, I was under the impression that Premium did not carry over. Maybe I was thinking about a cross from console to PC.

Top Bottom