• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

txag2005

Banned
When asked about the bugs and stuff, and why it doesn't affect the review score of the game, Mitch Dyer of IGN had this to say:

Crashing the game (which should have never passed Sony certification) and wide spread connection errors aren't significant?

Bare in mind, IGN has repeatedly gone on record to say they review games AS THEY ARE, out of the box, which is why large updates and such don't affect the review score. Which begs the question... how can they justify that high of a mark with such broken mechanics?

This is why I don't bother reading "game journalist" reviews. This and Simcity should be more than enough evidence for people to never trust what these people have to say.

also, anyone using voice chat? Is there chat in this game, I haven't heard anyone yet.. Figured there would be all sorts of communication with everyone havings mics now.. Is there a setting I need to set to get voice to output to TV/hdmi?

I think with party chat most people aren't even using in game voice. Plus, isn't voice limited to squad only? So that's only a few people that could possible talk anyways. I do wish people talked more, but I guess the early days of XBL where people talked in every game are long gone.

Shadybiz

I blasted away on twitter last night to several EA folks. I actually got a response back from Peter Moore and he wanted to get me in touch with customer service to troubleshoot. Really sad. I told him the game was broke on PS4 and he told me that wasn't true and his server counts proved otherwise.

Disgusting response.

Welp, I just returned my unopened copy to Gamestop. If/when they fix this shit, and if getting into groups with friends turns out to be an easy process, I'll pick it up again at a lesser price.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I blasted away on twitter last night to several EA folks. I actually got a response back from Peter Moore and he wanted to get me in touch with customer service to troubleshoot. Really sad. I told him the game was broke on PS4 and he told me that wasn't true and his server counts proved otherwise.

I also asked Jim Sterling on twitter to bring it up but no response.

You are joking right?

If this is true someone needs to be writing an article about it.

dc89

I was planning on getting this for PS4 when it launches in the UK on the 29th. This has totally put me off.
I'm not convinced at EA patching it before hand either. Damn I was really looking forward to it.

This is really bad. I actually had very reasonable expectations for launch of this game on PS4, I figured servers would be a bit of a mess on launch and it would be hard to get into a game for a bit. But the reality is way worse than I ever expected. This game is essentially unplayable, in mp and sp right now. It seems like the corrupt save file problem hits just about everyone eventually. Luckily I had uploaded my save to the cloud so I was able to retrieve a partial save, but this is unacceptable. EA/Dice should be ashamed, this release is a debacle. I definitely have learned my lesson and won't be buying the next Battlefield game anywhere near release.

Definity

You are joking right?

If this is true someone needs to be writing an article about it.

Not joking...see for yourself:

GdJ8q9c.png

*he didn't say server counts as you can see but it's obvious he doesn't have a clue how broken of a product this is.

Cudder

I'm actually confused about what exactly is wrong with the game? I got my PS4 set up last night and put a couple hours into BF4 online, trying out different modes and all that. Worked perfectly fine for me.

txag2005

Banned

GdJ8q9c.png

*he didn't say server counts as you can see but it's obvious he doesn't have a clue how broken of a product this is.

wow....I get it...PR and all that...but wow..

That's just..shameless...most people would just ignore it and not respond.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

GdJ8q9c.png

Worst company 3 years in a row. Way to lock it up, Pete.

This game is a joke. I did not believe Battlefield would turn out to be my most regrettable launch purchase.

Fracas

#fuckonami
So it's still broken?

I'm just upset I opened the game on launch day. I'd be returning it right now if that weren't the case. Yuck

I would die if someone told me it was somehow on my end that BF4 is a broken mess. I've tried to play this game every single day since Friday and continue to have crashes, the inability to join half empty servers, and getting booted 5-10 minutes into every match.

meanspartan

You know what makes this whole situation way worse?

These same people are making perhaps my most anticipated game of the new gen, Star Wars Battlefront 3.

So now I know, whatever the release date of that game is (I'm guessing sometime in 2015), add a month or two for it to be working.

txag2005

Banned
I would die if someone told me it was somehow on my end that BF4 is a broken mess. I've tried to play this game every single day since Friday and continue to have crashes, the inability to join half empty servers, and getting booted 5-10 minutes into every match.

It's obviously you. I mean, there are servers up, so the game isn't broken!

Definity

I linked him to the thread and even told him I appreciated the response and him wanting to help me. If you guys do go to his account and then reply that way please be civil (I'm already seeing some responses come back to my twitter).

I just wanted to make someone, anyone in EA aware that they have without a doubt released a broken product. Customers need something in return for this mess and EA needs to be held accountable (or any publisher for that matter that releases something this broken).

I linked him to the thread and even told him I appreciated the response and him wanting to help me. If you guys do go to his account and then reply that way please be civil (I'm already seeing some responses come back to my twitter).

I just wanted to make someone, anyone in EA aware that they have without a doubt released a broken product. Customers need something in return for this mess and EA needs to be held accountable (or any publisher for that matter that releases something this broken).

Thanks, dude. Keep us posted. Hopefully this will get a better response. And Peter if you're reading this-your guys let us down, big time.

Recall

Done my bit.

I do get the feeling that they don't care that it crashes and is broke, they already have our money. Lots of people have bought the game and no review has highlighted the seriousness of the problem so their Metacritic score isn't low or anything so they will shrug it off for aslong as they can.

Installed the game on Saturday have not been able to connect to any game mode besides conquest domination. I got in a obliteration game about a hour ago but that crashed after ten minutes. I have not touched the single player because of the saves being deleted bug that 2 of my friends have had happen to them. Also add into the fact there is no easy way to squad up. etc, etc...

I went through BF3 Beta & Launch and yeah somethings were broke but it was playable.

Typical EA BS. But you know at this point maybe i should of known better then giving them $60.

ThisOne

So..... It could be fixed for EU launch?!

Maybe. I wouldn't hold your breath though. Considering that the PC version has received multiple patches and is still pretty messed up. At least you guys might get a playable game. It's pretty bad right now. Crashes/disconnects very frequently.

Done my bit.

I do get the feeling that they don't care that it crashes and is broke, they already have our money. Lots of people have bought the game and no review has highlighted the seriousness of the problem so their Metacritic score isn't low or anything so they will shrug it off for aslong as they can.

That's because the entire industry has lost sight of what a "review" is supposed to be. You can't run through a single player portion of a game and hop into a multiplayer match for 20 minutes and decide judgement on a product like this. Reviews of any large scale multiplayer games should be postponed just like MMO reviews are. Most all the "reviews" that come out now are glorified previews that launch with the game, 99% of the time for marketing and exposure pushed forth by the game companies themselves. The only time of game journalism I follow anymore are giant bomb quicklooks. Now that streaming is so huge on the next gen consoles we really don't even need those to get a good look at what gameplay is like and whether or not the game works. Go into any BF4 stream on PS4 right now and the streamer is bitching about how broken the multiplayer is and how TDM is really the only mode that "works". This type of exposure is great.

low-G

I can't even load the game while connected to PSN without it crashing immediately upon startup. All other games work fine. It doesn't even matter if I delete my save file completely off my system, it still crashes if I'm connected...

todahawk

GdJ8q9c.png

No surprise... he's at the top and clearly disconnected.
Peter should 'eat his own dog food' and actually play the games his company puts out.

madblazer

Neo Member
EA, better give us premium passes or something. It's unfortunate you can't even return a game for not working.
I returned my copy after playing it for two days, then having it crash on the main menu about 30 times. I tried calling gamestop where i boght it to return it they said no i bitched, called another store and ask for the district manager info and they took care of it at another store got a copy of NBA2k. When they get it fixed ill buy it again used EA will never see any of my money again.

Top Bottom