• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

Alright, tried my first MP match as Conquest. Did error out but it was cool while it was working (maybe 15 minutes).

Someone tell me what the fuck is up with this blur. It's almost like double vision that comes and goes. It was fucking horrible.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Alright, tried my first MP match as Conquest. Did error out but it was cool while it was working (maybe 15 minutes).

Someone tell me what the fuck is up with this blur. It's almost like double vision that comes and goes. It was fucking horrible.

You're getting rocked by some distant vehicle?

Gotta say, Rush on Paracel Storm is pretty amazing after you get past the aircraft carrier bases. Those objectives are fun as hell to defend or attack.

That blur is super annoying and doesn't seem like a good thing for my tv to deal with.

Yeah, it was driving me and a friend crazy earlier. It can't be a feature of the game, must be a graphical glitch. At least I hope it is, I don't want that thing in the game.

The chromatic aberration effect? Could be this EMP thing from a hostile commander from what I've read (I only play on PS3 atm and there is no such effect).

Edit: There seem to be many complaints about this effect, and it will probably removed:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065670152493933/1/

DoomGyver

This is my first battlefield game, I really enjoy sniping but I sense there is a distaste to the recon class. Because most of them just sit on the sidelines and don't cap objectives?

Anyone have any good recon kits for someone who is always on the move and attacking?

wwm0nkey

This is my first battlefield game, I really enjoy sniping but I sense there is a distaste to the recon class. Because most of them just sit on the sidelines and don't cap objectives?

Anyone have any good recon kits for someone who is always on the move and attacking?
Use your pistol for close range. Thats what I did in BF3

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.

I know exactly what you're talking about, wtf is it?? It's like the game has a head ache or you're being suppressed but no one is shooting at you.

Zinthar

Precisely. Also, it drives me nuts when they don't carry the PLD or SOFLAM on vehicle-heavy maps because it'd be so easy to pick off vehicles with laser-designation. Instead, they typically just find a roof and snipe (every time I've politely asked recon squadmates to carry a PLD and designate things, they ignore it).

If you're helping the team, then recon can play a vital role, particularly in conjunction with a good engineer. Unfortunately the initial assumption is going to be that you're going to drop a radio beacon on a tower and never see your squadmates for the rest of the match.

If you want to be a mobile recon, you should probably still carry a sniper rifle rather than a carbine (which is available to all kits) because if you want to use a short-range weapon, you'll usually get more utility out of one of the other 3 classes. Just be aware that people who are good with the AR's will have enough range to out-shoot you in most encounters unless you get the drop on them. When you unlock the M40A5, switch to it, because it has a much faster RoF than the starting sniper rifle.

Still, I'd only advise being an offensive recon player if you need to make use of the PLD (to aid an engi in your squad with anti-vehicle), or if you think you'll have an opportunity to C4 a tank. Otherwise it's going to be rough.

owlbeak

What's the damage bonus for PLD targets hit with rockets? Is it similar to SOFLAM'd + Javelins in BF3?

Edit: Whoops, should have posted in BF4 thread. Sorry. :)

Boss Man

Anyone else get the digital version and have it take a decade to install? The disc wasn't bad at all, but this is taking all day.

edit: To clarify, installation not download. The download wasn't too bad.

Zinthar

What's the damage bonus for PLD targets hit with rockets? Is it similar to SOFLAM'd + Javelins in BF3?

Edit: Whoops, should have posted in BF4 thread. Sorry. :)

I'm not 100% sure about this, but I remember seeing discussion on Symthic that claimed that for Javs the bonus is 2x (and instant disable on air targets), and about 1.5x for the SRAW & LAW.

The downside of the Javelin, though, is that if the vehicle is moving fast enough, the lock-on can still be evaded.

obear

Banned
Does the battlelog iOS app not work for consoles? I can't seem to get it to show my ps4 character. It only shows my PC bf3 guy

Finally was able to play some Conquest half an hour ago. Played two matches, everything ran great, tons of fun...and then it crashed towards the end of my second match. I booted it back up but it crashed again on the main menu. Talk about annoying. When it does work however, it's simply amazing.

I didn't experience any framerate drops or blurriness like others in this thread said they did. Damn it DICE, get on this already.

Sanke__

Fucking origin. I forgot my account got hacked and i need to get it back before i start playing bf4

Edit: got my account back woo hoo

daevv

I thought I was losing it. Glad others see it too. :)

Anyone else get the digital version and have it take a decade to install? The disc wasn't bad at all, but this is taking all day.

edit: To clarify, installation not download. The download wasn't too bad.

Same here. I have it digitally on the PS4 and it took forever to install after the download!

owlbeak

Anyone else experience EXTREME lag a lot of the time? I get constant rubber-banding, and just awful lag all the time. Killzone is fine, the occasional lag spike but nothing major, but BF4 lags like shit all the time and it's awful. A lot of times will teleport me back to where I was 3-4 seconds earlier and I'll have been killed. :[

Sanke__

My game now attempts to connect to conquest maps but just sits at a black screen. I guess that is an improvement?

Closing the game and restarting fixed that for me

Man 64 player conquest on that little infantry prison level is really hectic

Finally jumped in a bit, played for a couple hours - wanna guess how it went?

Crash. Crash. Crash. Crash. Aaaaaaaand I'm still level one.

So fucking good when it works though. True generational leap coming from PS3. Blown away.

I think it's called chromatic aberration

84po.jpg

yes that's it.

it's the thing it does during at the start screen. it doesn't do it in every mode, btw. I played TDM for 4 hours and it didn't happen. I played one match of Conquest and one of Rush and it happened in both of those. Every 10-15 seconds this "Chromatic aberration" happened and it appeared like double vision for about 1 second. Cost me a couple of kills/deaths. Hard to focus on a shot down the scope when your vision turns into that bottom of the 2 pictures above at random.

I don't understand how that kind of bug makes it into a final product. That kind of thing simply couldn't have been missed by the testers.

Gemüsepizza;90940883 said:
The chromatic aberration effect? Could be this EMP thing from a hostile commander from what I've read (I only play on PS3 atm and there is no such effect).

Edit: There seem to be many complaints about this effect, and it will probably removed:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065670152493933/1/

wow, that's a long thread. I hope they do address it. It's really unacceptable.

Finally got a taste of 64-player conquest. So delicious. Got the error only once while playing Conquest so that was a relief

edit: I did encounter the audio issues that were mentioned here earlier. They were most noticeable on the Railway and Dam level. And the framerate did drop a couple of times on Operation Locker. So yeah, still a ways to go before everything is back to tip-top shape

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
84po.jpg

yes that's it.

it's the thing it does during at the start screen. it doesn't do it in every mode, btw. I played TDM for 4 hours and it didn't happen. I played one match of Conquest and one of Rush and it happened in both of those. Every 10-15 seconds this "Chromatic aberration" happened and it appeared like double vision for about 1 second. Cost me a couple of kills/deaths. Hard to focus on a shot down the scope when your vision turns into that bottom of the 2 pictures above at random.

I don't understand how that kind of bug makes it into a final product. That kind of thing simply couldn't have been missed by the testers.

It probably wasn't missed by the testers. QA gets a lot of flack when most times it's due to deadlines and prioritising certain bugs over others. With BF4s launch I feel this would have been especially true.

W1SSY

Closing the game and restarting fixed that for me

Man 64 player conquest on that little infantry prison level is really hectic

Did that twice and then tried joining a game through the server browser and that worked.

I think the quick join was trying to place me in a game that got filled or was filled and did not load. I could be wrong about that but when I looked at the room after it was filled. When I selected a room from the server browser that was not full I had no issue getting in.

Miggytronz

Anyone else experience EXTREME lag a lot of the time? I get constant rubber-banding, and just awful lag all the time. Killzone is fine, the occasional lag spike but nothing major, but BF4 lags like shit all the time and it's awful. A lot of times will teleport me back to where I was 3-4 seconds earlier and I'll have been killed. :[

This was apparent all damn night. Absolutely annoying!

Artex

Banned

Maybe when you're getting shot at? When you get suppressing fire support XP its because someone killed someone you were fucking up their vision like that. If that isn't what you're referring to then I have no clue.

sflufan

Banned
EVERYTHING -- and I mean EVERYTHING -- that you guys are experiencing on the PS4 (the lag, the rubberbanding, the chromatic aberration bug, the audio cut-outs, he shitty net code, etc.) are what we've been experiencing on the PC since our launch in late October.

Focus distortion/chromatic aberration was driving me crazy last night.
Every 15 seconds or so in a big Conquest match.
So it's another bug huh? Fix your game DICE!

Top Bottom