• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

I don't normally get salty about this sort of thing but my sodium levels are pretty high right now. I chose to go with BF4 for my PS4 and main component of a game I paid $60 for has not worked since launch. This is ridiculous.

I don't normally get salty about this sort of thing but my sodium levels are pretty high right now. I chose to go with BF4 for my PS4 and main component of a game I paid $60 for has not worked since launch. This is ridiculous.

It works just fine... until it crashes.

Frankly, I'm having a blast. The game is incredibly fun and the crashes aren't common enough to turn me away. I still hope they get this shit fixed soon though, but it's not keeping me from playing.

It works just fine... until it crashes.

Frankly, I'm having a blast. The game is incredibly fun and the crashes aren't common enough to turn me away. I still hope they get this shit fixed soon though, but it's not keeping me from playing.

Yeah my buddy has been playing it daily with no hitches, yet I used to get booted after about 2 minutes and starting yesterday the game has been force closing itself. Luck of the draw I guess. At least some people are getting to enjoy it!

Played quite a bit today. Though lots of crashes and very laggy people zipping around the map or rubberbanding. Also that Hotel map's B Flag several times it became so choppy im talking single digit frames.

I have had a lot of fun but nothing really kills your mood of doing good and the game crashes and you lose all that progress. Also the lack of any system to squad up with your friends. It took me and a friend 25 minutes to get on the same server and we had to play 2 matches on opposite teams before we could even squad up.

GARME JURNALIZM can not even be half assed to report on these issues.

::sigh::

Milennia

Played quite a bit today. Though lots of crashes and very laggy people zipping around the map or rubberbanding. Also that Hotel map's B Flag several times it became so choppy im talking single digit frames.

I have had a lot of fun but nothing really kills your mood of doing good and the game crashes and you lose all that progress. Also the lack of any system to squad up with your friends. It took me and a friend 25 minutes to get on the same server and we had to play 2 matches on opposite teams before we could even squad up.

GARME JURNALIZM can not even be half assed to report on these issues.

::sigh::
Ive crashed mid game in a 50-11 streak, and the server saved my score anyway.

Joco

Where do they sell Battlepacks?

Hmm I had assumed this was essentially EA's Battlefield version of Mass Effect 3's packs where you got weapons, characters, etc... apparently you can't buy them individually (yet?). Although I'm looking at Premium in the PSN store right now and it says in addition to the maps it gives you 12 battlepacks, so I guess that's something. I wouldn't be surprised if once they get the server crap figured out they'd try selling them.

Sorry I'm not up to date on this stuff, but I just turned on my system after a week to find all of the weapons I had opened are locked again...am I doing something wrong or is this just a server issue? This is the first time I played a game like this online where you build up points over time.

Edit: I guess I am missing something because when I go into my soldier on the main menu everything is still there.

This sucks - last weekend everything was fine for me and I didn't see the problems. Now everything is screwed up.

As you might've guessed - I don't get to play my games often anymore.

if all your unlocks are missing, they're having stats server issues... that happened on occasion with previous games.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Preorder this game with a PS4 in June. November. Pop game in. Install and update. Read about its launch issues. Play AC4 in meantime. Two weeks later. Join conquest match. Going well. 30 minutes in, game crashes.

Fuck this.

FHIZ

Game is working perfectly for me. No crashes. Conquest is working.

Same. I've only had it crash out on me once after I finished a map and went to quit. End result was the same, either way.

Though, I still can't get the commander app to work. Keeps telling me to launch the game to refresh my multiplayer permissions. Does anyone know if it is still disabled for the PS4 version?

Nymphae

Banned
It was working for me last night, I was able to play a game or two without crashes, but now and then it would crash during the wait for the next match. Still spotty, still bullshit.

If this was the only game I had bought I would be fucking furious, this shit is totally unacceptable, and no one is even talking about this except for those effected.

Was able to play Conquest both times that I tried yesterday. The first match was pretty flawless from what I could tell while the second has serious sound dropping issues as well as framerate chugging. I'm very new to Battlefield but found the classes quite simple and fun to mess around with. All in all, lots of fun to be had. I can see myself losing a lot of hours to this once things are running smooth.

TheJLC

I've been playing fine since the hotfix too. Only 2 crashes thus far. Hope they fix those, but way better than before the hotfix. Previously I would crash or lose connection at every match, completely unplayable.

butts

Been playing conquest 64 man all weekend, only one crash in about 10 hours of play.

There is a decent amount of rubber banding, but it doesn't feel laggy other than that which is strange. Also, about half the time ambient sound doesn't play at all, only gun fire, announcements, and vehicles when they get really close.

soxxx

Banned
I keep getting the audio glitch, IDK if its because of my wifi connection but its annoying. Nothing like driving a truck around and hearing dead silence.

If this was the only game I had bought I would be fucking furious, this shit is totally unacceptable, and no one is even talking about this except for those effected.

That's the boat I'm in. I've got games preordered but they were all pushed back to 2014 except Infamous.

What makes it worse is when it's all fixed they still don't have plans for a party system in the menus. It's a pain in the ass to try and play with one friend let alone multiple friends.

fade_

I seem to be having a new issue after trying to invite a friend through the battle log. Everytime I go to the home screen with the PS button and return to the game the controller is completely unresponsive! The game is still running in the background it just doesn't register anything I press. Anyone else run into this issue?

That's the boat I'm in. I've got games preordered but they were all pushed back to 2014 except Infamous.

What makes it worse is when it's all fixed they still don't have plans for a party system in the menus. It's a pain in the ass to try and play with one friend let alone multiple friends.
If we are lucky, the squad option they are supposedly adding to battlelog will at least be an option even if they don't add it to the menu. Having to use the website/app would be really stupid though. Why can't they just make it accessible through the damn touch pad battlelog thingy. Ugh they're so dumb.

CozMick

Banned
Shouldnt this thread now go multi platform?

Now that the Conquest fix was released for PS4 every problem mentioned since happens on PC, 360, Xbone and PS3.

Without reading through this whole thread, is the whole campaign game save bug fixed? I haven't had any problems with that or online, but I'd like to play some more campaign without worrying it's going to go to shit on me.

BoatAck

I seem to be having a new issue after trying to invite a friend through the battle log. Everytime I go to the home screen with the PS button and return to the game the controller is completely unresponsive! The game is still running in the background it just doesn't register anything I press. Anyone else run into this issue?

Yup. It's happened to me a few times too.

So last night myself & a couple friends were in a private party chat, 2 of us decided to play Bf4. We get into a game & started randomly hearing people from bf4 in the party...even my buddy who was playin assassins creed could hear them...wtf is going on?

Sanke__

Played for about 12 hours yesterday. Only got booted 3 to 4 times and only once wasnt in between matches.

Aside from opening battlelog crashing it every time of course.
They should just label it as press touchpad to crash game.

The right thing to do would be to release the first expansion pack for free for anyone who registers in November/December. They were giving it away for free with pre-orders - it's the least EA can do to compensate. Once everything is fixed in January, they could put it back up for sale for new purchasers.

tuco11

Anyone use the mortar yet? I tried it but there was no aiming reticule on my handheld aiming screen. Loved the mortar in BF3.

tuco11

BF3 HCTDM there is an aiming reticule. Enemies would not show up unless they fired their weapon. How are you supposed to get any kind of accuracy without an aiming reticule.

Top Bottom