• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
My question is-

Are there 32 player Conquest servers on the PS4?

Sometimes 64 on Conquest just stresses me out too much.

Dave_6

Got in a full 64 player Conquest match earlier; lasted about 10 mins then kicked me straight out to the UI with the same error message. Oh well, back to Domination and Obliteration.

Do not even look at your K/D. It is completely irrelevant in the BF franchise, and if you chase it you're going to be a shit team player.

If you can flip that flag but it means you'll die, flip that flag.

I wish they wouldn't even show K/D on your stats, it just encourages people to play badly.
Playing like that wont help your team win, it'll only hurt the team because you're wasting tickets. Playing smart will help the team win.

But I do agree that K/D is useless

Fuck this game. I can't even join a freakin server because of the "you have lost connection to the session error"..Game still crashes man fuck it.

Word of warning: If you try to open the Battlelog on the main menu, you will get the error. First time it happened, I thought it was a coincidence since I just finished Rush. Went back in and immediately pressed the touchpad to open Battlelog and got the error again

a916

To those wanting compensation for the launch issues... this is what you'll get:

To show its appreciation for players' "patience," DICE is offering double experience for every multiplayer match played between Nov. 28 and Dec. 5. DICE will also give any player that logs in on Dec. 5 a M1911 pistol scope, which was previously reserved for DICE developers.
- IGN

Ark

- IGN

That sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me. You've all only gone a week with a buggy game, expecting anything more (heck, let alone anything at all) is ridiculous.

Maybe you're referring to suppression. I think it's supposed to happen when you're under heavy fire?

Well, on the PC version, it's a bug that's currently being investigated by DICE that occurs when the enemy Commander is using an EMP drone. It's only supposed to occur when you're under suppression.
Thanks for the replies guys...I'm guessing it's the second one then, as it happens when I'm not under fire, and it's not quite the supression effect (supression has more of a focal blur).

Zacxx201

Banned
Does the game still freeze if you try to invite a friend while you're already in a game?
Also, is the server browser fixed yet so it's not inconsistent anymore and actually works?

.GqueB.

Banned
Traded this in last night and picked up shadowfall. Question:

I pretty much sucked at Team Death match. Died constantly, couldn't get a shot in on anyone as I felt I was dead instantly. Is this different in conquest? Considering picking it back up later when it cheapsies if it's worth it for conquest. Just couldn't get into this game.

Gaz_RB

I pretty much sucked at Team Death match. Died constantly, couldn't get a shot in on anyone as I felt I was dead instantly. Is this different in conquest? Considering picking it back up later when it cheapsies if it's worth it for conquest. Just couldn't get into this game.

Oh yeah. it allows for way more flanking and catching the enemy off guard when their primary goal isn't to kill you and the maps aren't small as hell

CrovaxPSO

I crashed out with an error message last night but didn't get any kind of save corruption message, so I just kept on playing MP. Today though, when I went to continue my SP game, I had to start all over from picking difficulty. Great.

- IGN

So, something they were probably going to do anyway (the double XP week), and something they'd already made (the scope)?

Well, that was certainly worth lending them $60 for almost two weeks!

So, something they were probably going to do anyway (the double XP week), and something they'd already made (the scope)?

Well, that was certainly worth lending them $60 for almost two weeks!

A) It was one week

B) I get that it was annoying, it was annoying to me too, but the people expecting free Season Passes were out of their mind. A couple of extra goodies like this alongside an apology is enough.

A) It was one week

I dunno about you, but my copy is still crashing, and the full patch doesn't go up until next week. If they put it up on Wednesday, that's almost two weeks.

I get that it was annoying, it was annoying to me too, but the people expecting free Season Passes were out of their mind. A couple of extra goodies like this along side an apology is enough.

I wasn't expecting anything, except the game I paid $60 for to work. They released it broken, they knew it was broken, and it's 100% absolute bullshit. Stop thanking them for it. They can cram their token apology/shrug up their collective asses.

eroots

Yea, conquest is different... You can play it aggressive capping flags or lay back and defend...lots of options. It's a lot more fun than death match (for me at least). I like death match/domination time to time but to me the game is really all about conquest.

Niter

I find obliteration to be my favorite. It feels like football with guns. Now if I can just find 64 players obliteration.

I wasn't expecting anything, except the game I paid $60 for to work. They released it broken, they knew it was broken, and it's 100% absolute bullshit. Stop thanking them for it. They can cram their token apology/shrug up their collective asses.

*Shrug* Whatever dude we don't know exactly what happened. For all we know the 1.5 update really did fuck everything up for them. Maybe it didn't and they weren't telling the truth about that. We just don't know.

Dice wasn't sitting in a room wringing their hands and laughing about how they screwed PS4 players over. It was unideal and inconvenient for their customers (myself included) but they've also been clearly working pretty hard to fix it and did so relatively fast. Call me a shill, whatever, but I understand that there were a lot of hard working people at Dice behind this fix who aren't to blame, blame EA for forcing a ship date on them that they couldn't hit (if that really was what happened) but 99% of the people at DICE have no say over that and have likely been working overtime pretty hard this week to get this shit working.

I'm not saying go kiss the Dice programmers' asses, but I'm not going to tell them to shove their apology up their asses either.

Jack_AG

Banned
Anyone else get hit-lag? Been there for me since day 1. Hit markers will register late after firing and for a split second after stopping firing even at close range. My internet isn't being fussy - just popped in BF3 no problems. Hopped back in BF4 and hit detection is delayed.

Also - some framerate drops in Conquest Ive noticed.

Anyone else get hit-lag? Been there for me since day 1. Hit markers will register late after firing and for a split second after stopping firing even at close range. My internet isn't being fussy - just popped in BF3 no problems. Hopped back in BF4 and hit detection is delayed.

Also - some framerate drops in Conquest Ive noticed.

Can't say I've had any hit lag. I've actually been impressed at the hit detection in this game.

A couple tiny frame-rate drops though. Nothing major.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
A) It was one week

B) I get that it was annoying, it was annoying to me too, but the people expecting free Season Passes were out of their mind. A couple of extra goodies like this alongside an apology is enough.

tumblr_m5mqvhqBiX1ro8ysbo1_500.jpg

a916

It's actually interesting how that double XP works.. it goes a week long and effectively nulls any XP you would've lost not joining matches in the first week.

However... what about those that have had a broken PC version for a month?

Ark

tumblr_mtr9t3OxYt1rq7vrco1_500.gif

I was hoping this would be fixed before the PS4's EU release next week - I was either going to add Fifa or BF4 to Killzone and AC.

Sounds encouraging but a massive increase of players probably won't help.

I know all of the maps have some small sound cutting out issues, but is it just me or is the railway map near silent for almost the entire thing?'

Also do the main buildings' neon lights on Dawnbreaker flicker for anyone else when you move around? Really distracting for me.

KoL

I know all of the maps have some small sound cutting out issues, but is it just me or is the railway map near silent for almost the entire thing?'

Also do the main buildings' neon lights on Dawnbreaker flicker for anyone else when you move around? Really distracting for me.

Yeah I had no sound in some maps and random crashes too.

zedge

Played a few rounds of Obliteration and one of Conquest. I can pretty much crash the game every time though if I press the touch pad to go into battle log. Just gonna stay away from that for now. Sent that error report each time.

Top Bottom