• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

Fonz72

Would appreciate a report on the single player save corruption and just overall issues. I'm buying the PS3 version and doing the PS4 upgrade on black friday. If this shit is still a awful experience I'll just get Ghost.

Seems to be much, much improved over launch. Conquest works and seems to be pretty stable. I only had a couple crashes over the weekend and both came after the match and points all counted. I'm actually having a good time with the campaign as well.

I say buy it, but if you want COD gameplay, just stick with Ghosts.

cdkee

Banned
I'm still get errors and crashes when I play...really getting annoying now after playing really well to have it crash right before the game ends...

I'm still get errors and crashes when I play...really getting annoying now after playing really well to have it crash right before the game ends...

Have you tried after this newest patch? My biggest issue has been the rubber banding lag, no sound when recording, crashing when accessing battle log in game or crashing after the round. Hopefully this patch fixed those

Also do you lose everything if you don't fully finish the round. I swear I unlocked a gun during a match crashed shortly after and when I came back I still had the unlock

gazele

Banned
Have you tried after this newest patch? My biggest issue has been the rubber banding lag, no sound when recording, crashing when accessing battle log in game or crashing after the round. Hopefully this patch fixed those

Also do you lose everything if you don't fully finish the round. I swear I unlocked a gun during a match crashed shortly after and when I came back I still had the unlock

It crashed in the middle of a round last night, I think you keep your xp though, still super annoying

Bizazedo

So should I get this game? I love BF and have it preordered for launch day but does the game actually work yet?

Even with the crashes, it's a lot of fun and obviously a great game (when it works).

So it really depends on your tolerance for bugs. That and I guess we'll see how today's patch goes.

Cheech

So should I get this game? I love BF and have it preordered for launch day but does the game actually work yet?

It's not actually as bad as you've heard. Game was basically unplayable for the first few days of the PS4 launch, but the servers have been much better lately. I haven't had a chance to play it with today's patch, but it couldn't hurt!

You will be amazed, BTW.

Fonz72

Seems to be much, much improved over launch. Conquest works and seems to be pretty stable. I only had a couple crashes over the weekend and both came after the match and points all counted. I'm actually having a good time with the campaign as well.

Cheers for the advice guys. Sounds like I will be getting it then. I can tolerate a considerable amount of bugs in a game anyway but it certainly sounds better than the first few days.

As long as I have my beloved conquest and rush then I can put up with a couple crashes.

owlbeak

Cheers for the advice guys. Sounds like I will be getting it then. I can tolerate a considerable amount of bugs in a game anyway but it certainly sounds better than the first few days.

As long as I have my beloved conquest and rush then I can put up with a couple crashes.
The crashes aren't really bad. It's the horrible lag and rubberbanding in conquest mode that is the issue right now, along with mysteriously absent features. :[ If I were you, I really would hold off on buying this for a few weeks. If nothing else, buy the 360/PS3 version on black Friday and do the $10 upgrade so you end up paying $50 instead of $60, because it's not worth the full price tag at this time.

The crashes aren't really bad. It's the horrible lag and rubberbanding in conquest mode that is the issue right now, along with mysteriously absent features. :[ If I were you, I really would hold off on buying this for a few weeks. If nothing else, buy the 360/PS3 version on black Friday and do the $10 upgrade so you end up paying $50 instead of $60, because it's not worth the full price tag at this time.

Oh ok. Yeah that's not sounding quite so good. Do any of the other multiplayer game modes work any better currently? Also what features got cut?

owlbeak

Oh ok. Yeah that's not sounding quite so good. Do any of the other multiplayer game modes work any better currently? Also what features got cut?
All other game modes seem to work fine, it's just conquest that suffers from awful lag and the sound cuts out ALL the time.

And you can't squad up and join into a server. They removed that feature for unknown reasons. So you get to play a meta-game of sitting at the multiplayer screen clicking the left stick to refresh the server your friend(s) are in and hoping a slot opens up, and then hoping if you make it in that you're placed on the same team, which most of the time you won't be. :(

Bizazedo

Just for a counterpoint, I haven't lagged or rubberbanded excessively. Sporadically, but it cleared up quickly. To the point that it didn't bother me at all.

MP seems solid now, with the exception of some weird glitches (like the respawned screen randomly being black). Haven't error'd out a few days. Played a couple of full Conquest games. Quite a bit less of that visual aberration glitch we were talking about a couple of days ago, but it was still present to some annoying degree.

Also, Ballistic Scope: most useless scope in the history of ever?

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
The only time I got rubberbanding it turned out that Steam decided to start downloading an update and killed my bandwidth.

However, I get the sound cutting out constantly. It seems to have gotten worse.

"Reduced the probability of a corrupted save file in the single player campaign "

How about actually fixing the issue...

Anyhow, the game appears more solid since the patch. I played a bit before work.

The only time I got rubberbanding it turned out that Steam decided to start downloading an update and killed my bandwidth.

However, I get the sound cutting out constantly. It seems to have gotten worse.

It's definitely a real issue. Me and three of my friends all experienced it at the exact same times yesterday. All in different states and what not and we tried multiple servers. I think some maps are worse than others. It also wouldn't happen for an entire round either. Some would happen mid round and stay or towards the end. And every map was different.

It's especially noticeable when in a vehicle. It makes the vehicle constantly judder

owlbeak

It's definitely a real issue. Me and three of my friends all experienced it at the exact same times yesterday. All in different states and what not and we tried multiple servers. I think some maps are worse than others. It also wouldn't happen for an entire round either. Some would happen mid round and stay or towards the end. And every map was different
My friends and I have found the lag is nonexistent at the beginning of every match, but keeps getting worse as the match progresses and near the end of every match is almost unplayable.

Not sure if it has something to do with the destruction or not, but there is a major issue here that needs to be resolved. Not sure if that's what the "improved performance when shooting at destroyed levelution objects" was referring to or not.

My PS4 didn't download the patch while on Stand By. Is there a setting I'm missing?

The ps3 would turn on at set times during the day to look to see if there was anything to patch. My guess is the ps4 periodically checks throughout the day and if you turned it on before it went through one of those checks it wouldn't have picked it up. Just a guess though

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The ps3 would turn on at set times during the day to look to see if there was anything to patch. My guess is the ps4 periodically checks throughout the day and if you turned it on before it went through one of those checks it wouldn't have picked it up. Just a guess though

That was my guess as well.

Iorv3th

My friends and I have found the lag is nonexistent at the beginning of every match, but keeps getting worse as the match progresses and near the end of every match is almost unplayable.

Not sure if it has something to do with the destruction or not, but there is a major issue here that needs to be resolved. Not sure if that's what the "improved performance when shooting at destroyed levelution objects" was referring to or not.

I think it might be to do with levelution. I notice on the level with the islands and the big hotel in the middle that when the sides of that hotel come down the framerate crawls for a while. I don't know if it is lag or frame drops.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Would appreciate a report on the single player save corruption and just overall issues. I'm buying the PS3 version and doing the PS4 upgrade on black friday. If this shit is still a awful experience I'll just get Ghost.

Overall, way, way better. I've played back to back 64 CQ games without any hitches.

Have you downloaded today's patch? Should alleviate that somewhat I think.

Damn... It's almost Wednesday here in the States and STILL no patch yet.. DICE, you done goofed up.

It's up...Didn't auto-download for me though.

I'd say yes. When it works -- and from the looks of it, it will -- it's tons of fun. I've been playing without proper squads and I'm having loads of enjoyment.

Sometime before Friday I'm gonna need a simple answer to the following question:

Is the game fixed?

Seems to be. But we really can't say, especially since the EU crowd will surely dent EA's servers somewhat. I wouldn't be surprised if something goes awry this coming weekend. Hope it nothing does, though.

-----

Played two full 64 CQ matches and aside from the occasional frame-rate drops, it amazing. Hope every technical issue gets nailed ASAP so players can just focus on the game.

Played two full 64 CQ matches and aside from the occasional frame-rate drops, it amazing. Hope every technical issue gets nailed ASAP so players can just focus on the game.

It auto-downloaded for me this morning. Also, I got to play my first stable 64 player match last night and it was glorious.

Overall, way, way better. I've played back to back 64 CQ games without any hitches.

Have you downloaded today's patch? Should alleviate that somewhat I think.

I'd say yes. When it works -- and from the looks of it, it will -- it's tons of fun. I've been playing without proper squads and I'm having loads of enjoyment.

Seems to be. But we really can't say, especially since the EU crowd will surely dent EA's servers somewhat. I wouldn't be surprised if something goes awry this coming weekend. Hope it nothing does, though.

-----

This is what I wanted to here, I'll keep my preorder if this is the case!

I think it might be to do with levelution. I notice on the level with the islands and the big hotel in the middle that when the sides of that hotel come down the framerate crawls for a while. I don't know if it is lag or frame drops.

It very well could be because it happend for me on that map as soon as the giant waves started and the ship crashed into the island

noobishcholo

Neo Member
UPDATE INCLUDES:
-Fixed common crashes that could occur when changing weapons or maps
-Reduced the probability of a corrupted save file in the single player campaign
-Fixed a crash occurring when resuming the single player campaign
-Fixed a bug where accessing PlayStation Plus subscription resulted in a connection error
-Improved performance when shooting at destroyed Levolution objects

>Reduced the probability of a corrupted save file in the single player campaign

>Reduced Probability of a corrupted save

>Reduced Probability

This shouldn't even be happening.

Wut.

UPDATE INCLUDES:
-Fixed common crashes that could occur when changing weapons or maps
-Reduced the probability of a corrupted save file in the single player campaign
-Fixed a crash occurring when resuming the single player campaign
-Fixed a bug where accessing PlayStation Plus subscription resulted in a connection error
-Improved performance when shooting at destroyed Levolution objects

>Reduced the probability of a corrupted save file in the single player campaign

>Reduced Probability of a corrupted save

>Reduced Probability

This shouldn't even be happening.

Wut.
gotta leave room to blame Sony's firmware.

Top Bottom