• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
If you turn off the single player display for Battlelog it deactivates all of the leader boards and friend challenges but I've had zero issues with the campaign since I did that.

Boss Man

I currently can't join any game, regardless of game mode. I get "You have lost the connection to the session." every single time. Anyone else experiencing this and/or know a fix for it?

majik13

Without reading through this whole thread, is the whole campaign game save bug fixed? I haven't had any problems with that or online, but I'd like to play some more campaign without worrying it's going to go to shit on me.

if your file gets corrupted its pretty easy to resync your save from the cloud, in the ps4 settings menu

tuco11

Yes the mortar doesnt have "sights" . It has a crosshair over the map. No clue why it isnt there in hardcore. Mortar is great for taking out rooftop camping snipers.

So last night myself & a couple friends were in a private party chat, 2 of us decided to play Bf4. We get into a game & started randomly hearing people from bf4 in the party...even my buddy who was playin assassins creed could hear them...wtf is going on?

In the Options/Audio menu, there is a setting for VOIP, which lets you listen to your squad even if you're in a party chat. Turn it off.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I had no problems playing any game mode yesterday. I wonder why it is so spotty for others.

Conquest was fine.

However, I am also wired. Maybe that has some impact.

Nymphae

Banned
That's the boat I'm in. I've got games preordered but they were all pushed back to 2014 except Infamous.

What makes it worse is when it's all fixed they still don't have plans for a party system in the menus. It's a pain in the ass to try and play with one friend let alone multiple friends.

Yeah I was kind of wondering how that worked, I usually just play with randoms but I thought it was odd I didn't see any sort of party system.

Also it's crazy that there isn't any place to look at/customize your loadouts other than at the deploy screen. Wtf? Why can't I even do this from the main multiplayer menu? Or while I'm waiting for the next match?

The gameplay is great but so much about the online experience blows right now.

Milly79

Yeah I was kind of wondering how that worked, I usually just play with randoms but I thought it was odd I didn't see any sort of party system.

Also it's crazy that there isn't any place to look at/customize your loadouts other than at the deploy screen. Wtf? Why can't I even do this from the main multiplayer menu? Or while I'm waiting for the next match?

The gameplay is great but so much about the online experience blows right now.

Using the Battlelog app works pretty well, although I do agree with it not being in the menu.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Any reason why my audio keeps cutting out?

Is the game unplayable? i am buying a PS4 when my exams are finished, and i want to buy this game for the multiplayer but if you cant even get into a match i don't see why i would even bother buying it.

It's playable for sure.
Set my filters to Conquest Large and West US servers. Had a blast while on, only issue I personally had was audio cutting out every ten minutes or so for about 30-40 seconds.
At one point a tank drove past me, completely stealth mode. Enemy at that, so when he turned and shot me I was completely baffled.

Larson

Banned
Is the game unplayable? i am buying a PS4 when my exams are finished, and i want to buy this game for the multiplayer but if you cant even get into a match i don't see why i would even bother buying it.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Has it been improved yet? The only reason for me to pick this up on PS4 is 64 player conquest matches....

Seems to be working today. I played a few rounds.

You can. I did come across the CE error twice out of maybe 6 games? Seems my stats did save but it was very annoying, I admit. A patch is set to be deployed this week, so let's hope for the best.

When the game works, it's brilliant. PS4's resolution and 60fps really helps the player appreciate the game's visuals and even aids in gameplay, too.

GodofWine

Game was mostly stable for me yesterday, hit one CE error after a few 64p matches in a row.

Occasional lag / rubberbanding, but it overall left me with a smile on my face.

I'd say its at the point where buying it is OK, its buggy, but its certainly playable. And the smaller game types are fun. The TDM now with its 60fps is fast and crazy.

Panthers

64 player Conquest is too laggy. First it didnt work for about a week, now its too laggy to play. At least all the other modes seem to work great for me now. Every other mode is such a blast to play online. Some of the most fun Ive had since my Socom days.

Usually I am pretty unforgiving when a game is broken, but even with all the issues, I am loving this game too much. Its by far my favorite launch game (although I am falling in love with KZ single player. Not sure what all the hate was about)

It is actually pretty frustrating how much I am loving this game given how broken it is.

Suirrad

Just got home from work and turned on the PS4 and was welcomed with an update for BF4. Just a heads up. Now let's all hope this fixes most, if not all of the issues we've been having.

I'm DLing it now so I'll check back in to report any differences.

If anyone wants to know, the Update is 607mbs and took me about 15 mins to DL

owlbeak

Just got home from work and turned on the PS4 and was welcomed with an update for BF4. Just a heads up. Now let's all hope this fixes most, if not all of the issues we've been having.

Let me know if it fixes the lag. I've been able to play mostly without crashes for a few days, but the lag makes it unplayable. Looking at the patch notes, the lag issues aren't addressed.

Noticed any fixes?

owlbeak

FYI - Patch notes:

We have now rolled out a game update for PS4. With this update, we’ve included a number of fixes that should further decrease the amount of crashes and increase the overall stability of the game. We will continue to increase stability going forward, stay tuned.

UPDATE INCLUDES:
-Fixed common crashes that could occur when changing weapons or maps
-Reduced the probability of a corrupted save file in the single player campaign
-Fixed a crash occurring when resuming the single player campaign
-Fixed a bug where accessing PlayStation Plus subscription resulted in a connection error
-Improved performance when shooting at destroyed Levolution objects

Mobius 1

-Reduced the probability of a corrupted save file in the single player campaign

so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-chance.jpg

molnizzle

Just saw that I got this update, but I'm waiting for the GAF impressions. Ain't nobody got time for BF4 multiplayer bugs. My daily bug/glitch quota is already being maxed out by Waframe. =P

Just saw that I got this update, but I'm waiting for the GAF impressions. Ain't nobody got time for BF4 multiplayer bugs. My daily bug/glitch quota is already being maxed out by Waframe. =P

Yeah I'd like to know if this fixes the constant rubber banding you'd get or if you can now finally record with sound. Hopefully there's more to it then those patch notes would suggest considering its 607mb

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com

Okay, not sure what happened. I downloaded a 600MB file when I first plopped in BF4. Now, I'm downloading another 600MB file, which I assume is the new update?

Can anyone confirm the new update size? I checked the download list on my Notifications and it doesn't show the initial BF4 update. So, am I downloading the new patch, then?

EDIT: Also, all my extra XP boosts are gone when I migrated stats from PS3 to PS4! Argh! I noticed it just now. I've been saving it for the Double XP weekend. Has this, too, happened to anyone else?

Loakum

Banned
Battlefield 4, for the PS4 is a hot mess! I may buy this game next year...hopefully they will fix all these Skyrim-ish bugs and crashes.

witness

Would appreciate a report on the single player save corruption and just overall issues. I'm buying the PS3 version and doing the PS4 upgrade on black friday. If this shit is still a awful experience I'll just get Ghost.

Would appreciate a report on the single player save corruption and just overall issues. I'm buying the PS3 version and doing the PS4 upgrade on black friday. If this shit is still a awful experience I'll just get Ghost.

It's a lot better. I still occasionally have a crash, but it's very playable. I haven't had a corrupted game file since the first few days.

Top Bottom