• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

see5harp

To be fair, I've been playing their shitty campaign the last couple days and haven't had a corruption issue since that first week. I only have a few collectables and assignments and I'll be done with it for good.

Chaplain

I don't know if anyone else has notice but sometimes shutting the game off (pressing the home button, selecting BF4, press the options button, and quit game) messes up the sound output on the PS4. My receiver shows the PS4 outputting DTS and Dolby simultaneously when this bug occurs and it continues to do this indefinitely. The only way to fix this bug is to turn off the PS4 and turn it on again.

Artex

Banned
To be fair, I've been playing their shitty campaign the last couple days and haven't had a corruption issue since that first week. I only have a few collectables and assignments and I'll be done with it for good.

Is it really not worth playing through?

I like the campaign but I was high while playing it. SO MANY EXPLODEYS.

On one of my error reports I submitted I left a long detailed explanation about how I got up to make a Hot Pocket (true story) and came back to find my Beef4 crashed. I then went on to review the new Hot Pocket crust with the garlic-yness (day one purchase btw) and made a recommendation to the technician fielding my error report.

I know this is PS4 thread but I just have to rant on this BF4 related thing that happen last night playing on my X1.. so this fucking game still can't get it straight to put your party and friends on the same team.

STILL?@?!?@!?!?!!???!?!!

Piss poor for a game that's supposed to be all team up for war and have friends on your team. Real cool DICE how 2 of us wanted to be on the same team and 3 games in a row where we started from the lobby it put us on two different teams.

What's the point? They market this game to be better than COD and want that crown and they can't even get the basics of putting you and a friend on the same team.

Shitty.

I like the campaign but I was high while playing it. SO MANY EXPLODEYS.

On one of my error reports I submitted I left a long detailed explanation about how I got up to make a Hot Pocket (true story) and came back to find my Beef4 crashed. I then went on to review the new Hot Pocket crust with the garlic-yness (day one purchase btw) and made a recommendation to the technician fielding my error report.

ive never played high. must try. back on topic, THIS OR AC4? :eek:

I have this issue where NeoGAF soldiers keep killing me.
I have run into a lot less issues but sometimes the servers just dumps a bunch of people out or there is stuttering.
Overall, its still an improvement from last week.

Mrbob

I know this is PS4 thread but I just have to rant on this BF4 related thing that happen last night playing on my X1.. so this fucking game still can't get it straight to put your party and friends on the same team.

STILL?@?!?@!?!?!!???!?!!

Piss poor for a game that's supposed to be all team up for war and have friends on your team. Real cool DICE how 2 of us wanted to be on the same team and 3 games in a row where we started from the lobby it put us on two different teams.

What's the point? They market this game to be better than COD and want that crown and they can't even get the basics of putting you and a friend on the same team.

Shitty.

You can't do this on any platform. Need to join a game and then try to squad together by moving to the same team. It's dumb.

Sean

Banned
So nearly two weeks after I bought this game I still have to be worried about (re)-starting a single player campaign due to this save corruption issue.

What a fucking joke.

see5harp

STILL?@?!?@!?!?!!???!?!!

Shitty.

Yea, this was a known issue once people realized there was no party system built into the game. It still has been an issue with games that use dedi servers but at least let me group up before a match to make it easy for everyone to stick together. Seems like a no brainer in this day and age but we have seen a few developers make straight idiotic decisions at launch like no built in voice chat for a multiplayer session.

Hey guys, I'm having an issue where when I click multiplayer it's saying "no friends playing and no servers marked as favorite" even when friends are definitely playing. I've had to just go through the Battlelog to join, but even that's iffy.

Any thoughts on what's going on here?

Is it really not worth playing through?

Not on its own merits, no- but you do get gun unlocks from the campaign. The first couple of levels aren't so bad, but it starts to drag after that. Despite being a very short game, it's basically a chore to force yourself through the last half of it.

Not on its own merits, no- but you do get gun unlocks from the campaign. The first couple of levels aren't so bad, but it starts to drag after that. Despite being a very short game, it's basically a chore to force yourself through the last half of it.
my gun unlocks did not carry over. very annoying. should I just redo campaign?

Yea, this was a known issue once people realized there was no party system built into the game. It still has been an issue with games that use dedi servers but at least let me group up before a match to make it easy for everyone to stick together. Seems like a no brainer in this day and age but we have seen a few developers make straight idiotic decisions at launch like no built in voice chat for a multiplayer session.

I'm still not sure why nobody can make or has copied the lobby system from SOCOM. I thought that was the best. Loved the different lobbies. Loved clan lobbies... all of it.

A timer to conquest and not obliteration? Why?

20 min timer to oblit and 60 min to conquest from what I read. Not a big deal for conquest not many games go that long unless the teams are dead even.

I still haven't found out if people are having the same lag issues or if recording includes sound

20 min timer to oblit and 60 min to conquest from what I read. Not a big deal for conquest not many games go that long unless the teams are dead even.

I still haven't found out if people are having the same lag issues or if recording includes sound

Glad to hear they did one for obliteration. Surprised conquest got one, although I doubt anyone will run into it as you said. I think the longest conquest I have been in has been about 30 minutes.

Bruiserk

are the guns that you unlocked in multiplayer only unlocked in single player? Or can I unlock them in multiplayer to if I get enough XP?

Yopis

Well after patch ran hard for 2 hours. Got kicked twice with psn error. Better but not perfect. That blur effect is still present also. The sound glitch also came for me once. Again better, but not flawless. Get this fixed and you have a winner on your hands Dice. Game is soooo good when it works.

zewone

You guys worried about corrupted single player saves should use the PS+ save to cloud back up option.

I've used it to get through this campaign.

Just upload it after every level. Annoying, but it works to ensure you don't have to start over.

rothbart

I'm glad I'm easily entertained... I actually enjoyed the campaign in BF3 and have enjoyed what I've played in BF4. What I don't enjoy is getting killed relentlessly in competitive multiplayer...

*waits for the inevitable wave of "You must suck at multiplayer, it's so easy to dominate!" replies*

owlbeak

I'm glad I'm easily entertained... I actually enjoyed the campaign in BF3 and have enjoyed what I've played in BF4. What I don't enjoy is getting killed relentlessly in competitive multiplayer...

*waits for the inevitable wave of "You must suck at multiplayer, it's so easy to dominate!" replies*
I'm not enjoying the multiplayer as much in BF4. I've been playing BF games since 1942 on PC, and the snipers in this game are unreal. Anytime you venture outside of a building it's like people throwing firecrackers at you with all the bullets cracking around you. Seems it's the only class anyone plays. It also seems everyone who plays recon has a gamertag/PSN name like xXx_SNIPERd00d420_xXx which makes it even more aggravating.

Then again, I play on hardcore and all the sniper rifles are 1-shot kills, even if they hit you in the toe. Hopefully that gets fixed.
lol

Downloaded the update this morning before leaving to work. Reading through all the impressions though, looks like it didn't fix jack :(

Does anyone know if the Xbox One version is faring any better? I may end up biting the bullet and dealing with the resolution hit with the Xbox One version if it plays online without the crashes and the single player save bug isn't there.

a916

Crashed on my 9 times during the weekend playing campaign... on the last try corrupted my save.

Yeah, sorry, this craptastic campaign wasn't worth my time to begin with..

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I don't know if anyone else has notice but sometimes shutting the game off (pressing the home button, selecting BF4, press the options button, and quit game) messes up the sound output on the PS4. My receiver shows the PS4 outputting DTS and Dolby simultaneously when this bug occurs and it continues to do this indefinitely. The only way to fix this bug is to turn off the PS4 and turn it on again.

I noticed that after playing BF4, sometimes the sound is corrupt (distorted, popping) on the dashboard and any other games I load up. I need to reboot my PS4 entirely to get it to go away- going into standby doesn't help.

i think you all are entitled so free Premium upgrade or free DLC for going through this shit...

I heard a rumor, is it true that you cant party up unless you have the Premium version?

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I'm not enjoying the multiplayer as much in BF4. I've been playing BF games since 1942 on PC, and the snipers in this game are unreal. Anytime you venture outside of a building it's like people throwing firecrackers at you with all the bullets cracking around you. Seems it's the only class anyone plays. It also seems everyone who plays recon has a gamertag/PSN name like xXx_SNIPERd00d420_xXx which makes it even more aggravating.

Then again, I play on hardcore and all the sniper rifles are 1-shot kills, even if they hit you in the toe. Hopefully that gets fixed.
lol

The only thing worse than snipers in Battlefield are the people who play them.

They contribute nothing to the actual game in Conquest and just take up space thinking they are godlike badasses by shooting one person every few minutes.

The worst is when you join a squad and not realize it's got snipers in it and then spawn on one who is 100 miles away from everything sitting in a bush doing absolutely nothing. The first thing I do now when joining a server is check my squad to see if there are any snipers in it. If there are, I join a new squad.

I really wish they would have done something about them by now... either by restricting the number of sniper classes allowed on the server. Or, better yet, removing them entirely from conquest and making a sniper-only game mode where they can play l33t f34rs0m3s with each other in their own little world.

Top Bottom