• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

Why do people want this removed so bad? I certainly wouldn't care if they removed it, but I don't see what's so terrible about it either. I mean I know it can be annoying, but I'm pretty sure that's idea in the first place. Are we saying the commander mode just shouldn't have EMP drones? It's not like they can do much else; would be removing like 30% of their arsenal lol.

I think the EMP area creates this weird blur that hurts to look at the screen. I haven't seen it yet as I have rarely had a commander in my matches, and if I do they never use it.

The blur that I hate to look at is being a commander on console when the enemy commander takes your network down. I have to just look away from the screen for the 15 seconds because that is so damn annoying.

todahawk

Of course there are squads.
What is missing is the BF3 option of making a squad before joining a match.
Yes...

Hey Fersis, todahawk from PS3 BF:BC2 GAF!

I thought i read that DICE was going to implement some sort of squading up but it wouldn't be in the game menu, it would be through Battlelog or something.

Dartastic

I feel for the QA people who worked on this, especially some of the managers who worked on this game. They must have been raising hell because of all the critical bugs, and they just got steamrolled. :/

Apath

I still cannot get my fucking mind wrapped around the design choice to literally make it impossible to join matches with friends.

It is a fucking multiplayer shooter, with a squad system in game, and 64 player matches. How in the fuck did they come to the conclusion that a broken ass "join in progress" type system that most often puts you on the opposite team of who you are joining was sufficient enough!?!? Are DICE really that fucking stupid? Do you know how fucking HARD it is to coordinate an online game with 3+ of your friends on the SAME TEAM!? Like I know they released this broken ass game and have been struggling to fix (complete) it, but god damn come on, bungie did this right in 2004 on the first fucking Xbox.

What pisses me off is "no plans to change", are you serious? I've never wanted to return a game so much in a my life, and one that I actually LIKE to play (when I actually can). Probably my most frustrating console game purchase, ever. Eat my balls EA, and Fuck you DICE. Last time I give these pricks money

/salt
They really said they have no plans to change? Wow.

DICE can go fuck themselves if they think me or any of my friends are getting premium without a way to play together. Seriously why would I pay out the ass for a game that is best suited to be played with friends but won't let you play with friends? Idiotic. Hell, they wouldn't have any of our money if this shit were known before hand.

Why do people want this removed so bad? I certainly wouldn't care if they removed it, but I don't see what's so terrible about it either. I mean I know it can be annoying, but I'm pretty sure that's idea in the first place. Are we saying the commander just shouldn't have EMP drones? It's not like they can do much else; would be removing like 30% of their arsenal lol.

The issue is sometimes after it's used the blur effect literally will not go away sometimes even carrying over to the next map

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Hey Fersis, todahawk from PS3 BF:BC2 GAF!

I thought i read that DICE was going to implement some sort of squading up but it wouldn't be in the game menu, it would be through Battlelog or something.
Soup dude!

You got a PS4? Add me: Fersis_4

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Got a new patch today and
sNysHfI.jpg
The fuck ?

D6AMIA6N

Can someone explain to me what the deal is with the China Rising DLC? I've redeemed the code that came with my copy, yet it still says I need to buy Premium to download it?

Steel

Banned
Can someone explain to me what the deal is with the China Rising DLC? I've redeemed the code that came with my copy, yet it still says I need to buy Premium to download it?

EA is not releasing that version of china rising until the premium subbers have a couple weeks of "Early Access"

Don't you just love EA?

zma1013

Premium users get it early, you have to wait. I think they showed the dates at which certain groups get them.

dkeane

So just to get it straight ; there is no way for me and my 4 friends to play in a squad on Ps4 ?
Of course there is. But one of you has to start playing a game and the others need to join from the multiplayer page. The game automatically puts friends on the same team/squad.
It sucks and is not at all the optimal way they should be doing this, but it works—most of the time.

see5harp

If multiple people on your are playing make sure you are all getting into the same game. From what I can tell the "friends playing" pane in the game doesn't even say which one of your friends is playing on that map. Even their solution of following sucks.

Beaulieu

Of course there is. But one of you has to start playing a game and the others need to join from the multiplayer page. The game automatically puts friends on the same team/squad.
It sucks and is not at all the optimal way they should be doing this, but it works—most of the time.

when we try this, we end up on different teams, in different squads. that is when the server doesnt get fulled before we all try to get in.

majik13

I think the bold is debatable though i havent playd online in a few days. I did see that DICE said there is a new option in the setings that may need to be turned on for this to work? Not sure why they would make you need to turn on a option, this should just be default.

I think the bold is debatable though i havent playd online in a few days. I did see that DICE said there is a new option in the setings that may need to be turned on for this to work? Not sure why they would make you need to turn on a option, this should just be default.

How this has worked for me is if there is an open slot on my team and on my squad when a friend joins there's a pretty good chance they'll slot them into both. Happens more often if they join between rounds. But it definitely doesn't happen consistently

when we try this, we end up on different teams, in different squads. that is when the server doesnt get fulled before we all try to get in.
Thats Battlefield.

One player joins a server, others follow suit (through the PS4 friend's list's join session option? Or is there a better way?) and hope you all get in and can switch teams. If all of that works hopefully the game isn't a laggy mess and doesn't crash.

If everything comes together it can be a pretty damn good time. But that's been a rarity for me.

Yep! I'll send ya an invite! :)
We've got a solid group going from GAF and I usually have a chat party up.

Can I get in on this? I'd love to have a group from GAF to play with.

I'm of lower level, but I'm all about helping the team out. My PSN name is ScareGoat. I use a mic :)

Loakum

Banned
This game should had been delayed. EA really done themselves a massive disservice by releasing such a broken game. Especially since Call of Duty Ghosts has been peforming flawless online. Just sayin.

Hit me up on PSN for some BF4 rubber banding, glitchy, crashing goodness!

PSN - Souldestroyer199

Poured over 800 hours into BF3 loved that game, yet something 'feels' different about BF4. I don't know what it is but is anyone else finding that they went/are going through an adaption phase?

Also the legit....DICE FIX YO GAME DAWG!

This game should had been delayed. EA really done themselves a massive disservice by releasing such a broken game. Especially since Call of Duty Ghosts has been peforming flawless online. Just sayin.

yup, the one thing they wanted to avoid was giving up users to CoD so they released in the same time frame. now they're actively pushing users away with buggy software that could have been delayed.

I never seen the need to try and launch earlier than CoD, the BF fans would have waited. are there really that many people who would get CoD because it's sitting on the shelf in November and forget BF was coming out in 1-2 months?

I still cannot get my fucking mind wrapped around the design choice to literally make it impossible to join matches with friends.

It is a fucking multiplayer shooter, with a squad system in game, and 64 player matches. How in the fuck did they come to the conclusion that a broken ass "join in progress" type system that most often puts you on the opposite team of who you are joining was sufficient enough!?!? Are DICE really that fucking stupid? Do you know how fucking HARD it is to coordinate an online game with 3+ of your friends on the SAME TEAM!? Like I know they released this broken ass game and have been struggling to fix (complete) it, but god damn come on, bungie did this right in 2004 on the first fucking Xbox.

What pisses me off is "no plans to change", are you serious? I've never wanted to return a game so much in a my life, and one that I actually LIKE to play (when I actually can). Probably my most frustrating console game purchase, ever. Eat my balls EA, and Fuck you DICE. Last time I give these pricks money

/salt

I think they took the be opposite of COD literally.

/salt
100% truth right here.

Its near impossible to fathom. My gut tells me that they didn't have time to implement a proper system so they're pretending this was all by design.

I honestly can't comprehend any rational alternatives.

Edit: And is it just me or is there no way to edit your loadouts in the game? I can my my progression and kits and unlocks and stats but I can't actually tweak my loadouts.

Am I missing something or do you have to use the Battlelog website?

To be honest I thought I was one of the lucky ones, having gotten every single player trophy. Then I actually looked at the weapon unlocks and lo and behold the weapons unlocked from the first playthrough (which was corrupted), are not in my weapon unlocks. So to get those I'd need to play through for a third time. Lol NOPE.

the SP unlocks are saved to your MP solider even if you loose the save file. here's the list of weapons that are transferred to MP:

TOMBSTONE ACTUAL (CAMPAIGN)
Complete Baku
M412 REX

FANG OF THE UNDERWORLD (CAMPAIGN)
Complete Kunlun Mountains
SHANK

A TRAPPED WOLF WILL (CAMPAIGN)
Complete Tashgar
MACHETE

TO VALHALLA (CAMPAIGN)
Make the final choice
QBZ-95-1

PEACE MAKER (CAMPAIGN)
Make the final choice
P90

FINAL DUTY (CAMPAIGN)
Make the final choice
M249

EDIT: for anyone else wary of starting up a SP campaign you can use a USB stick for saving progress. it has worked for me, just make sure you save after a few hours or after every chapter. I wouldn't rely on the Cloud save either because it will overwrite your game automatically at times. Playing MP seems to glitch the save even if you don't get CE errors, be careful.

jsip

Banned
100% truth right here.

Its near impossible to fathom. My gut tells me that they didn't have time to implement a proper system so they're pretending this was all by design.

I honestly can't comprehend any rational alternatives.

Edit: And is it just me or is there no way to edit your loadouts in the game? I can my my progression and kits and unlocks and stats but I can't actually tweak my loadouts.

Website/app OR you can edit but only when playing in a match. No way to edit otherwise. Dumb, right?

Website/app OR you can edit but only when playing in a match. No way to edit otherwise. Dumb, right?
So they really have gone over the deep end.

There's no good reason for them to do it this way. Dammit I was really hoping I just missed something.

This is exactly why "second screen experiences" get mocked. When their utility is predicated upon removing basic functionality from the game itself.

So they really have gone over the deep end.

There's no good reason for them to do it this way. Dammit I was really hoping I just missed something.

This is exactly why "second screen experiences" get mocked. When their utility is predicated upon removing basic functionality from the game itself.

I was actually using the PS4 web browser for Battlelog the other day but now it says it's not supported anymore. it was half decent because it was easy to just double tap the PS button and get back to the game.

Add me for some easy kills (generally suck in online shooters).
PSN: ShadowkillXNA
Mainly playing team deathmatch so far.
I'm on the east coast in us.

Also does anyone else have issues with the game failing to load levels in multiplayer ?
I will get the slideshow in between matches for a few minutes but then the screen will darken and the new match never starts and I need to close bf4 and restart it. Just wondering if this is one of the common issues people are having ?

You can change it on the test range.

BibiMaghoo

So after the patch on Ps4:

My single player is gone for the second time.
Sounds bugs still exist. Engine sounds come and go.
Still no way for a party to join together.
Conquest seems more stable, not had any kicks or lag.
Server browser appears to be broken. Shows no games if filter is used on any setting.

So basically conquest is playable, and everything else is still broken. Disappoint.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act

Server browser appears to be broken. Shows no games if filter is used on any setting.

So basically conquest is playable, and everything else is still broken. Disappoint.
The patch fixed one crash, a one hit kill bug and enabled audio when streaming.

Theres another patch in the works aimed at improving stability.

Dude i could work as Community Manager doing damage control!

Bizazedo

Server browser appears to be broken.t Shows no games if filter is used on any setting.

Uncheck all the game modes, filter, then go back and check what you want.

Yes it is dumb.

jsip

Banned
Hahah, well that's an interesting workaround. Will do.

I do truly love that they included that test range and island. Kudos to DICE for that one.
It would be better if they let friends join. At least you'd be able to work on tactics, dogfights, heli flying, etc. There's more to a tank and heli than a driver's seat. There's more to dogfighting than one plane flying slow in circles.

They released patch notes and none of the things you're saying were in them. So there's no reason to think those things would have been fixed. Sorry.

jsip

Banned
is it possible to join a squad team death match with 4 friends on the same squad?
Possible? Yes. Probable? No. Its hard enough to have a friend join on your squad even when matches aren't full in any game mode let alone everyone get thrown on the same squad or even be able to join before slots fill in Squad modes.

I'm not excusing DICE/EA for the existence of these issues in the first place, but had you read the patch notes, you would have realized that today's patch was not meant to address anything on your list.

It would be better if they let friends join. At least you'd be able to work on tactics, dogfights, heli flying, etc. There's more to a tank and heli than a driver's seat. There's more to dogfighting than one plane flying slow in circles.
That would definitely be better.

But even if only a small percentage of players made use of it to experiment with flying the helicopters and decided FUCK THAT NOISE after a half dozen of their own deaths, than haven't we all won something already?

Yep! I'll send ya an invite! :)
We've got a solid group going from GAF and I usually have a chat party up.

Would love to play with more GAF members. Would you mind sending me an invite as well? psn = the_log_ride

I went to check my SP campaign, and find that none of the progress I put into saved. I didn't even get the corrupted single player message I had gotten before that one patch. Oh well.

Would love to play with more GAF members. Would you mind sending me an invite as well? psn = the_log_ride

I went to check my SP campaign, and find that none of the progress I put into saved. I didn't even get the corrupted single player message I had gotten before that one patch. Oh well.

Invite sent.

Top Bottom