• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. Snrub said:
No 40MM spam on the consoles? PC has some assault players who literally act as artillery--mount up on an ammo pack and let em fly!
oh there's spam alright. maybe he just hasn't encounterd it yet, but i've been both a participant and recipient. especially when 2 assaults decide to sit on 2 ammo boxes? fuggedaboudit!

U2NUMB

The Faceless Master said:
people use it, and it doesn't suck, it's just that nowadys you can usually spot more people playing Reach on the list than BC2, and some have gone back to MW2, but there's usually more people on the list playing BC2 than MW2. actually, the main thing is people just don't organize into a big group!

Yep it certainly worked last night.. mainly because I saw the tag was online which helped me remember it was there. Pulled up the friends list and was in a GAF squad instantly. I still think MS is missing a big chance to really set LIVE apart in the community aspect if they had some sort of official group areas on the dashboard.

dread9 said:
Can anyone give me the server info for GAF if there is one?

Yeah, no longer running...don't know what happened to PC GAF, unfortunately. There are still a few of us who play regularly. Me, Spl1nter, Sandman.

Spl1nter

Mr. Snrub said:
Yeah, no longer running...don't know what happened to PC GAF, unfortunately. There are still a few of us who play regularly. Me, Spl1nter, Sandman.

And we dont even play together lol

Mr. Snrub said:
Had some decent games last night with some friends, and Spl1nter joined us, though very briefly...can't say that I blame him.

lol ya. Was tired of playing arica and as soon as my headshots didnt seem to be connecting i just left to play some l4d2 with my friends.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Cornbread78 said:
did they nerf the M60? Confirmed? If so, I'm calling it now, instead of teams of Medics, there will now be teams of Assault's launching NOOB Tubes all damn game....

Who's got $5 on that?
Thats a lot better than a team of self healing/reviving medics, which was completely annoying - nothing worse than seeing your M60 medic killer reviving one of the 3 other M60 medics you killed, and then that revived medic reviving another medic etc. It also looked completely stupid especially when it was 7 or 8 medics all bunched together. Since the nerf the squad compositions are a lot less uniform.

Wthermans

Banned
poppabk said:
Thats a lot better than a team of self healing/reviving medics, which was completely annoying - nothing worse than seeing your M60 medic killer reviving one of the 3 other M60 medics you killed, and then that revived medic reviving another medic etc. It also looked completely stupid especially when it was 7 or 8 medics all bunched together. Since the nerf the squad compositions are a lot less uniform.
Yeah I try to throw a nade on the body if I know there's a Medic closeby, but it's not like BF2 where you could spam their body to prevent the rez since you don't get enough nades to counter the respawn timer (albeit Assault is the best at this).

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Rapping Granny said:
Ok where the hell is the patch?

I thought it was out.
Its a server side patch.

EDIT: Beaten like a punching bag.

Rapping Granny said:
So the changes are in effect right now?
Like it or not yes they are.

Spl1nter said:
lol ya. Was tired of playing arica and as soon as my headshots didnt seem to be connecting i just left to play some l4d2 with my friends.

I think your elite skillz might have helped fend off the ass-destruction 2.0 that was being handed to us, but who knows! It was just a slaughter.

EDIT: Also, I didn't mean to not join your squad...whenever I play, I usually have a buddy with me (Lupurnican) and we both couldn't get into your squad.

CozMick said:

2lkehhv.jpg

Let's do it!

eznark

Banned
Why do none of my M1 garand kills register? I have bronze in everything but snipers, shotguns and the M1.

Also, what many golds to a platinum?

1stStrike

Banned
Played with the tracer on some bradleys and tanks. It's gimmicky at best. Misses even with barely any angle and I don't even know if it hits half the time (if it does, then I'm not getting any points--and I've made sure that the shot is clear and it's not hitting trees or rocks)

It seems best for helicopters. Get a tracer on a heli, launch rpg and boom. I can tell you this; the blackhawks are fucked. They're easy to tracer and they can't dodge for shit. I shot one down on isle with ease.

I'll stick with my normal routine I think and just pull out the tracer for wannabe pilots.

Edit: it does have its moments though. Some guy was camping with a cg so I tracered him and then shot a rocket at him from behind the railing on the bridge on arica harbor.
Hit detection is wonky on it though. Shot a guy in the chest with it and it didn't register. I'm getting irritated with the shoddy job they did on the hit detection in this game.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
people use it, and it doesn't suck, it's just that nowadys you can usually spot more people playing Reach on the list than BC2, and some have gone back to MW2, but there's usually more people on the list playing BC2 than MW2. actually, the main thing is people just don't organize into a big group!

It does suck. In terms of trying to be a Valve/Steam "group" thing, but you have to add the group to your friends list and no one uses it (generally for any game that people set these up for), in addition to not being able to simply join peoples games through it. Last I checked you have to add a person to join session in progress. :/

eznark said:
Why do none of my M1 garand kills register? I have bronze in everything but snipers, shotguns and the M1.

It's bugged. DICE knows. DICE fixed it, but hasn't put the fix in yet, apparently. *mumble grumble*

Also, what many golds to a platinum?

9 Gold Stars->10/Platinum.

Also the Grenade Launcher, Grenades, Knives, RPGs are the easiest to Platinum if you're going for the 2 Platinum Stars Emblem.

Spl1nter

Mr. Snrub said:
Also, I didn't mean to not join your squad...whenever I play, I usually have a buddy with me (Lupurnican) and we both couldn't get into your squad.

Ya i noticed. I joined your squad anyway. Next time you are on we will get them.

Cornbread78

poppabk said:

That's when I switched classes to Eng., grabbed an RPG with extended clips, and started spamming the group of medics. Sooner or later it was good for a double kill or two.

Cornbread78

This is what my buddy sent me... Nothing about my M60, but I can't get to the website from here to double check.:

from the official BFBC 2 blog:
-Slightly increased the damage of the UZI at long range.
-The AKs74u now has more felt recoil when aiming.
-The G3, VSS, and all SemiAutomatic rifles now settle slightly faster between shots when aiming.
-The PKM, Type 88LMG, G3, An94, and 40mm shotgun have returned to their former glory.
-Increased the damage of the MG3 to bring it in line with the rest of the LMGs.
-Fixed a bug where the Saiga12 with slugs would do too much damage at long range.
-Fixed a bug where the SVU would do too little damage at long range.
-Fixed a bug where M95 rounds would not kill armored targets with headshots.

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/bat...hive/2010/05/05/consoling-the-unbalanced.aspx

TheSeks said:
It does suck. In terms of trying to be a Valve/Steam "group" thing, but you have to add the group to your friends list and no one uses it (generally for any game that people set these up for), in addition to not being able to simply join peoples games through it. Last I checked you have to add a person to join session in progress. :/
actually, you can join a session in progress if you go to 'compare games' then back out.

It's bugged. DICE knows. DICE fixed it, but hasn't put the fix in yet, apparently. *mumble grumble*

9 Gold Stars->10/Platinum.

Also the Grenade Launcher, Grenades, Knives, RPGs are the easiest to Platinum if you're going for the 2 Platinum Stars Emblem.
tanks are the easiest platinum! then carl!

Cornbread78 said:
This is what my buddy sent me... Nothing about my M60, but I can't get to the website from here to double check.:

-The G3, VSS, and all SemiAutomatic rifles now settle slightly faster between shots when aiming.
-The PKM, Type 88LMG, G3, An94, and 40mm shotgun have returned to their former glory.
-Fixed a bug where the Saiga12 with slugs would do too much damage at long range.

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/bat...hive/2010/05/05/consoling-the-unbalanced.aspx

That's the second patch. The console patch includes that AND the prior PC patch, which had a huge list of weapon changes.

Cornbread78 said:

Included in this update are all the changes previously found in the Ch Ch Changes Blog Post as well as some additional tweaking and tuning based on feedback from our ever vocal PC community.

Check out the first PC update to see what will be/has been changed for the console-versions.

Edit, will we eventually getting a client update? This server-side stuff means that we still can't get points in the respawn menu.

Mafro

Wow, Atacama Desert is my favourite Conquest map now, took down six choppers in one game thanks to the patch making the tracer darts bearable :lol

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Damn, I'm badass. I just parachuted out the Heli and knifed someone before I landed. Might I add, he was running too :lol

OldJadedGamer said:
Wait... so is the patch out or not. If it's only server side then why did it need to go through certification at Sony and MS?
i'm guessing that some things can be done server side, while others cannot. and PR guys have to come up with excuses etc...

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
shintoki said:
Damn, I'm badass. I just parachuted out the Heli and knifed someone before I landed. Might I add, he was running too :lol

You should get a 007 pin or something for that shit... "Ninja" badge... :lol

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Mafro said:
Wow, Atacama Desert is my favourite Conquest map now, took down six choppers in one game thanks to the patch making the tracer darts bearable :lol

My best game on AD was killing 5 or 6 birds with the tank cannon. It was crazy... some of the shots were so sick I should've got marksmen bonuses. My gunner was laughing his ass off.

Feels extra good to take out a bird man, however you do it.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
5 millions copes of Bad Company 2 have been sold.
Repi said:
We've now have sold 5 million copies of Battlefield: Bad Company 2, wooho! EA Q4 & FY10 report
Here is the EA Report

John Riccitiello said:
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 outperformed,
which contributed to revenue at the high end of our guidance range, and we exceeded our expectations on the bottom line.

TheSeks

Fersis said:
5 millions copes of Bad Company 2 have been sold.

Here is the EA Report

My Devu better be making a Bad Company 3 where I can raze ALL buildings to the ground. None of this "magical construction site is not <D 2.0>able" bullshit. :|

Raide

that's exactly what i thought when i saw it.

Same here. I unlocked it, used it a few times, then used the CG. Damn that video was awesome and BC2 seriously has the best Chopper explosions evar! :lol

TheSeks

recklessmind said:
Holy fuck... now I understand. I've been going about it the wrong way. :lol

I said it once, and I'll say it again: AT4 (if the shitty hitdetection and mysterious rocket leaving the game) > Carl Gustav/RPG-7. Why? It's a portable Stationary AT on your shoulder.

Tapping DATTANKASS.jpg tanks and helicopters with it is satisfying and able to be done with relative safety. So awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom