• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
greenjerk said:
Nice, hadn't thought of using C4 defending a plant or defending in general. I've seen people lay traps on the road... but i don't have the walk > start throwing > jump technique down quite yet.

I'd make a video if I had the tech for it, but it's really not that hard. (360 btw)

From standing still, you aim above the wall you're trying to toss it over, start moving towards it as you hit the LT. Wait like .3 of a second and hit A to jump. This part will take a bit of practice to have the C4 leave at the apex of your jump. Oh and use both of the Explosive perks, spawning with 6 super powah C4 = winnnnn.

Another fun C4 tactic is using the Blackhawk. Works great with a squad, kind of hard to do it by yourself because people will steal it, but you load up the choppah with C4(I forgot to mention, you can only have 6 C4 laid, the 7th will cause the 1st to disappear) and fly it as high as possible. Now drive that badboy straight down onto an MCOM and hop out before it hits the ground. Pull the plunger and watch it, and hopefully the MCOM explode in delicious fire. Hopefully you've confused the enemy and you can sneak away to hide while you restock your C4, and finish the job with the C4+MCOM tactic I posted earlier.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
greenjerk said:
trying playing with 10 randoms vs 12 gaffers

Yeah, try that and be stuck in a respawn loop because you joined in progress. :lol

Wish it had co-op in some form.

Actually, I kinda prefer it to be singleplayer. Lets people pester me over PSN and let me pause the game to check messages and stuff. :lol

It's not bad for a "Zelda" homage/clone. I'm enjoying it so far.

Wthermans

Banned
TheSeks said:
I said it once, and I'll say it again: AT4 (if the shitty hitdetection and mysterious rocket leaving the game) > Carl Gustav/RPG-7. Why? It's a portable Stationary AT on your shoulder.

Tapping DATTANKASS.jpg tanks and helicopters with it is satisfying and able to be done with relative safety. So awesome.
Curving RPGs/CGs around cover when used with the Tracer Dart > AT4.

TheSeks

Cruzader calling me a "noob" over PSN for Carl Gustaving him in the ass about five times in Conquest.

I dunno if he noticed, but I can kill with the AK-47, Grenades, and anything else just fine. I use the Carl Gustav in White Pass because it opens holes in buildings (killing enemies in the process) and is good for a quick suicide-but-you-die-with-me-you-bastard check on people that pop out of no where.

Also putting anti-tank mines near the enemy base in Laguna Presa Conquest makes them think twice about taking the tank after we capture all the flags and they hit my anti tank mines at least three times before that smartening up. :lol

Good games, No Style and Olympia. Sorry you had to be on the other team, Cruz and rage quit two mintues later. :lol

No_Style

Yeah those were some great Conquest games, Seks & Olympia. We had a solid team.

The lag is annoying as hell though. It only affects East coast? Well fix this shit, Guerrilla.

I guess it's because of the lag, but just now I had a match where the screen would turn black for a quick second like my character was blinking. Got pretty annoying.

I finally got to lvl. 20. Takes me forever to rank up it seems.

Belfast

eternaLightness said:
I guess it's because of the lag, but just now I had a match where the screen would turn black for a quick second like my character was blinking. Got pretty annoying.

I finally got to lvl. 20. Takes me forever to rank up it seems.

You have no idea.

UFRA

This is awesome, the new patch increased decreased the fun x10.

Hopefully this lag gets sorted out quickly...

Fersis said:
"Cant connect to EA Online"

:[

Be thankful for this. The lag is horrific right now.

Flying a chopper consists of skipping all over the sky, while your gunner tries to shoot at nothing because the crosshairs jump all over the place.

1stStrike

Banned
Yea, I usually put in a few hours a day and I played three or so games today and quit after the lag was just too much for me to handle. It's god damn unplayable.

Fuck you EA for your shitty servers. I'm going to go play FF13.

Just so the rest of you know, I'll be flying back to NY tomorrow. Next time we play I'll be back on east coast time.

leng jai

1stStrike said:
Yea, I usually put in a few hours a day and I played three or so games today and quit after the lag was just too much for me to handle. It's god damn unplayable.

Thats pretty much exactly what I did today.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Wanna know what is cheaper than C4 MCom

Mines...once set, they don't disappear till they explode. No getting shot before detonation! And they do about the same amount of damage C4 does. It's also hilarious watching an idiot on the other team try to move them.:lol

My XBL tag is Shintoki, i'm up for some games. I got 3 weeks before summer courses ^_^

TheSeks

shintoki said:

Mines...once set, they don't disappear till they explode. No getting shot before detonation! And they do about the same amount of damage C4 does. It's also hilarious watching an idiot on the other team try to move them.:lol

That's being a pure asshole though. Right up there with C4 on a UAV.

This would be an easy fix, but DICE doesn't care about this or the C4 + UAV combo. *sigh*

shintoki said:

My XBL tag is Shintoki, i'm up for some games. I got 3 weeks before summer courses ^_^
i still find it amazing that DICE allowed this in BC2 when the very first thing they did as far as balance patching in BC1 goes was to make AT mines do 0 damage to crates.

TheSeks said:
That's being a pure asshole though. Right up there with C4 on a UAV.

This would be an easy fix, but DICE doesn't care about this or the C4 + UAV combo. *sigh*
:lol :lol :lol

this one game on Valparaiso, i was on a not-so-good team with randoms, and one of the other team's guys killcam teabagged me. from that point on, i destroyed almost every crate by dropping mines, until i had 6 down and self-detonating with a grenade, if they killed me before i got all 6 down,but i got at least 4, i would switch to assault and then use C4.

shintoki said:

:lol

I'll have to try that. I'm on 360 as well, so I sent ya an invite(CriscoGiant = me).

Ogre123

Neo Member
1stStrike said:

Just so the rest of you know, I'll be flying back to NY tomorrow. Next time we play I'll be back on east coast time.

I'm glad to here the lag tonight was not just isolated to me. About a week ago my internet connection got pretty sour and I thought it must be acting up again.

Made for a pretty frustrating set of matches tonight. I saw several guys warping, but it mostly just felt like it was running at 15 fps. Just felt terrible.

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
:lol :lol :lol

>>Story<<

Yeah, I've done it myself. But the enemy team/defenders can't DO SHIT ABOUT IT, so it's a pure asshole tactic. UAV + C4 is right up there, but you can destroy the UAV (in theory) quickly before they can get it to the M-COM to blow it up. The mines don't disappear here, so they can't do shit about it.

Pure asshole. And it's a simple fix (along with C4 on a UAV) that wouldn't take more than five minutes in the server configurations to do, but DICE hasn't done it. WTF?

TheSeks said:
Yeah, I've done it myself. But the enemy team/defenders can't DO SHIT ABOUT IT, so it's a pure asshole tactic. UAV + C4 is right up there, but you can destroy the UAV (in theory) quickly before they can get it to the M-COM to blow it up. The mines don't disappear here, so they can't do shit about it.

Pure asshole. And it's a simple fix (along with C4 on a UAV) that wouldn't take more than five minutes in the server configurations to do, but DICE hasn't done it. WTF?
at what point does something become an asshole tactic though?

shooting a crate from half a mile away with a tank with optics? or a boat? or that Valparaiso Stationary AT shot from 2 bases away?

i mean, you can stop someone from dropping AT Mines by just not letting them get close to the crate.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
TheSeks said:

Why? Those are actually fun tactics and reasonable easy to prevent. Only work against teams not paying attention and letting shit slip by.

While on the other hand, me shelling a crate with a tank or a long range rocket spam with ammo kit next to me is about as fun as watching paint dry.

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
i mean, you can stop someone from dropping AT Mines by just not letting them get close to the crate.

Problem with that is that someone will slip by, 9/10 of the time.

And even if you stop them, an AT mine won't disappear. Therefore it's a reasonable tactic to go:

(Have team rush around like chickens with headcut off, to get enemy team on them.)
(Slip by, AT mine spam.)
"OSHIT I died."
(Team rocket AT)
(Respawn and rush to point and spam AT mine again)
BOOM! Done.

There is no way to prevent the AT's even if you kill the enemy that laid them from going off. An explosion (your team or the person that laid them) WILL set them off and damage the crate. It's stupid.

Edit: Hell, if teams were smart they'd pull THAT off nearly every game because no one can stop it other than killing the AT mine carriers. But that means having four people on the team be designated AT mine carriers, rush them to the point/make sure they stay alive to lay their six mines. They die, rocket the crate. (OBJECTIVE DESTROYED), have them respawn and do it again six times.

TheSeks

sw33tclyde said:
If only the repair tool disabled them..

Yes, if there was a way to prevent the AT mines from blowing when you kill the carrier it wouldn't be a huge deal for me.

But as it is, since the mines stay (which is good for defense, but not good for M-Com killing) and have no way to be safely destroyed it's a pure asshole tactic compared to rocket sniping the M-Com (which can be reasonably stopped if someone follows the trail), or C4+UAV (which is harder to stop as you have to be watching for the UAV, but at least it's stoppable compared to AT Mines).

I was on the opposing team and that team sucked balls through a straw and still won. Literally getting spawn camped as I spawn. I was the only one trying to shoot down the chopper as well.

The game on Valparaiso some Gaffers tasted my rage. Mostly random people died but they ate a ton of my rage.

I know I tracer darted a GAF member and shot a RPG at them from long range.

UFRA

Ballistictiger said:
I was on the opposing team and that team sucked balls through a straw and still won. Literally getting spawn camped as I spawn. I was the only one trying to shoot down the chopper as well.

The game on Valparaiso some Gaffers tasted my rage. Mostly random people died but they ate a ton of my rage.

I know I tracer darted a GAF member and shot a RPG at them from long range.

I wanted your dog tags so badly, but I could never catch you off-guard. :p

You did with a UAV. I was too busy trying to make a chokepoint on the area near the light house. I swear those teammates of mines is stupid as hell and blind to boot that I have to cover an entire section.

Salacious Crumb

"Onslaught mode will be available on Xbox Live and on the PlayStation Network."

PC dogged? For now I'll console myself by saying that they left PC out because it will be a free update...

It's possible...

Right?

:(

greenjerk said:
trying playing with 10 randoms vs 12 gaffers
I was in that situation today. 7-8 Gaffers on the opposing team. TheSeks knows the feeling :lol

The differences is jarring. One whole team knows what to do, while the other doesn't know what the hell to do at all.

I did pretty well despite that. JM you were the biggest threat on vehicles. I think I got you on foot a couple or times.

1stStrike

Banned
Ballistictiger said:
I was in that situation today. 7-8 Gaffers on the opposing team. TheSeks knows the feeling :lol

The differences is jarring. One whole team knows what to do, while the other doesn't know what the hell to do at all.

I did pretty well despite that. JM you were the biggest threat on vehicles. I think I got you on foot a couple or times.
I killed you once at the lighthouse and after i picked off the gunner on the heavy mg you came back and rage killed me (i expected it anyway)

I was just like, "crak is gonna hurt me" lol

i had to leave with all that lag though. i'll see how my lag is once i get back to NY

Oh and speaking of lame tactics ask any gaffer that's played with me for a while. i make up for my lack of skill with some of the cheapest tactics around :p

Maxirugi

On the subject of Onslaught PC:

Battlefield Blog

The question of "What about PC?" is coming up in the comments quite a lot already so this is what the situation is.

No, we haven't signed away rights to console on this.
The problem we have on PC is that all our servers are dedicated with providers. Changing a server from Conquest 32 players to Onslaught 4 players cuts out 28 player slots from the total ammount available. This could have a dramatic affect on the PC online environment if enough servers changed to Onslaught.

We aren't ruling out Onslaught on PC but at this time we are researching how to bring it to PC without affecting players who don't have Onslaught or their own server to run it on.

Source: EA Forums

Also on that page:

We have put Infantry Only in PC for you though and that is FREE
Yeah M8DNanite, Onslaught is 4 players vs AI.

The reason we aren't making it Peer 2 Peer is that to do that we have to include server code into the client which won't happen for security reasons.

I was defending that area. I came back with you sitting in the same area haha. I was like dang strike move next time haha. Next time you kill me you should move on. On Port Valdez I was the only one that tried to an did shoot you guys down. My first attempt some dumbass hop in and stole my vehicle. Soon after another guy drove me in front of a bradley and bailed. That team was beyond stupid. When you guys were circling me it was like the chopper was teleporting or I would have shot you down sooner.

1stStrike

Banned
UnluckyKate said:
Game got patched at launch, but WWII weapons stats are still broken. G A F ?

Man, your guess is as good as mine. I'm at a loss as to why so many things shipped the way they did and why they're still not fixed. Sure, this balancing patch was nice, but now we need a bug fixing patch. DICE/EA needs to get that out asap.

1stStrike

Banned
Ballistictiger said:
I was defending that area. I came back with you sitting in the same area haha. I was like dang strike move next time haha. Next time you kill me you should move on. On Port Valdez I was the only one that tried to an did shoot you guys down. My first attempt some dumbass hop in and stole my vehicle. Soon after another guy drove me in front of a bradley and bailed. That team was beyond stupid. When you guys were circling me it was like the chopper was teleporting or I would have shot you down sooner.

I had seriously just finished killing the heavy mg when you got me back. I was, well I'm out of time before he *bam* but it was for a worthy cause :p

1stStrike

Banned
Ballistictiger said:
Btw your piloting skills got better Strike or sometimes I call you striker.

*coughs* uhh, gee thanks :p (I didn't fly a helicopter today)

JM flew the apache while I was (trying) to gun shit down. All the lag and teleporting made it fucking impossible though. I'm glad you shot us down cause I was getting dizzy with all the lag-jumping.

Then, Razor hopped into the blackhawk and I was the gunner. This is how that went.

Razor: tell me where you need me to go

Me: dude get higher. You're in the wrong spot.

*boom*

:|

I did find something pretty awesome yesterday. A team left me their blackhawk in isle and we were on the last set of mcoms. Parked the heli to the left around the ridge and manned the gun. Mowed down the entire attacking team and there wasn't anything they could do about it :p

eznark

Banned
Looks like survival mode. I don't think DICE really needs to worry that much that a vast majority of servers will switch to onslaught. It looks lame as hell

Mafro

manzo said:
We need more maps, not new modes.
This.

I'm fed up of them just recycling and reusing the current maps for different modes, seems a bit cheap and lazy, in my opinion. I'd like more maps based off the singleplayer, they should do what they did with Bad Company 1 and have a community vote.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Lots of players want Co-Op modes these days, so i think its great to have it. (Though at release it would have been better)

Im pretty sure there are going to be more maps (Besides those VIM Map Packs)

EDIT: Also whats the deal with the Update 1.02?? (PS3) SPECACT??

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Ok, some guys at the Bad Company 2 forums are saying they got a patch 1.02 (PS3)
Could you guys check it ?

Also about the DLC: SO DAMN BOUGHT! :D

SPECACT Kits Emerge on Playstation 3

Bad Company 2 Blog said:
The SPECACT kits have arrived on PlayStation 3. If you are in Europe and you start up Battlefield: Bad Company 2 you will be notified of patch 1.02 being available. Download it and head over to the in game store to see the SPECACT kits. The update and kits are also coming to North America in the very near future.

The kits are available individually or as a bundle for all 4 kits for the following cost:

Kit Upgrade (individual kits)
$2,00
£1,19
€1,49

Kit Upgrade Bundle Pack
$5,50
£3,99
€4,99
Patch 1.02 also includes fixes for 2 crashes to XMB which some may have encountered when creating Private Matches.

Cornbread78

Damn, I watched my Celtics totally dismantle the Cavs last night, so I jumped on a little earlier, but your the GAF team must've been full all night because I couldn't join in the fun damn "servers full" message kept popping up when I thought I was getting in. The damn servers were laggy as hell on PS3 last night though, especially in the heli's. I tried gunning a few times and was lagging over guys that I was shooting at, it was like a bad SNL skit in retrospect...

I'm still working on them damn 2.0 kills, they are almost impossible. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom