• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheSeks said:
I said it once, and I'll say it again: AT4 (if the shitty hitdetection and mysterious rocket leaving the game) > Carl Gustav/RPG-7. Why? It's a portable Stationary AT on your shoulder.

Tapping DATTANKASS.jpg tanks and helicopters with it is satisfying and able to be done with relative safety. So awesome.
it's the RPG-7 that gets no love from me, i use the AT4 on tank-heavy maps (once i've set my mines) and the Carl on choppah maps.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The Faceless Master said:
it's the RPG-7 that gets no love from me, i use the AT4 on tank-heavy maps (once i've set my mines) and the Carl on choppah maps.

The RPG-7 has it's place, but it's sorely outclassed by the AT4 and CG.

I haven't messed with the mines too much. Too much joining games in progress to where I can't lay them out + naked without the AT4. :(

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
subversus said:
5 million copies, now that's pretty serious.

Bad Company is almost big enough now that it's going to directly compete with Battlefield proper for mindshare. Probably more of an issue on consoles than PC, but lets face it... consoles are where the money is.

I'm really interested to see how DICE moves forward with and after BF3....

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
recklessmind said:
Bad Company is almost big enough now that it's going to directly compete with Battlefield proper for mindshare. Probably more of an issue on consoles than PC, but lets face it... consoles are where the money is.

Well, at least now they can really claim that BF is a worthy competitor to COD franchise. Only two months on the market, I'm sure they'll break 7-8 million mark by the end of the year.

Az

I've been playing since I heard the patch is out, and the game has been glitching like crazy for my squad and I. Just a heads up. Not sure if I notice a change, the weapons I use mostly were left untouched.

desu

Lately I was fed up with stupid teams doing anything, but doing whats on the plan and using their brain.

Anyway played Engineer today (my very worst class so far) und just wanted to do 2-3 kills with the ump to check if I am doing better with it now. So I played some Valparaiso, I think the first 1-2 parts where horrible, I almost ended up just playing team deathmatch because I was almost the only going for the crates and I have really grown sick of that. But heck after that everything moved soooo well. Ended up with 70/23 which is better than anything I've ever played and totally loved playing Engineer. Its really these moments why I still keep playing these games (because all the dumb people really annoy me nowadays).

So yeah, Engineer is love now :D. Still saving up for my 50-100k points in one round challange xD.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
LabouredSubterfuge said:
I have to say I've been getting a shit load of lag today. Anyone else?

On PS3, yes... I had to turn it off.

Anyone else on 360 getting a ton of lag? Not bullet lag, but general movement lag? I'm missing doorways, ladders, my ammo packs aren't coming out, I'm reloading twice even though I pressed it one time, feeling like something is blocking my movement etc etc.

Right now it feels like everything that I didn't like about Bad Company 1.

kamspy

active pc player here.

same as my user name.

I only play as assault and engie. The world doesn't need anymore recons or medics. They could fucking rename the game:

"Recons Vs. Medics"

would be kinda epic if they just went with it...

Spl1nter

recklessmind said:

It sold pretty well on PC.

Dynamic3 said:
Does the PC version have entirely different explosions than console versions? :(

Higher quality graphics settings. Probably better particle effects and post processing.

Dice/EA got pretty lucky with MW2 being so shitty though. If MW2 I'm not sure they would have gotten so many sales though. While it is a great game of course and I'm playing the shit out of BC2, I wouldn't have crossed over if IW hadn't jumped the shark.

But good for Dice/EA. I'm glad that more people are enjoying the game. It deserves it.

Razor210

Violater said:
PS3 GAF that uses their mic where are you.
A hell of a lot of people here. PSN: Razor210.

I figured the patch was out when I couldn't hit people at point blank range and they didn't take any damage.

Laggy as fuck.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wasn't lagging for me this morning. :/

If it's laggy I guess I'll stick with 3D Dot Game Heros tonight then. :/

UFRA

Dynamic3 said:
Does the PC version have entirely different explosions than console versions? :(

What really annoys me is when smoke effects or explosions don't even show up...

Not sure if this is a PS3 only thing or if 360 does it too, but sometimes when I fire an AT4, I only see the rocket flying out there and no smoke trail. Totally lame, but I understand why it happens.

Mortar strikes are another good example. Sometimes there's no smoke trail from them at all, or even an explosion for that matter - you just see parts of a building magically disappear as a little black line falls from the sky and hits it.

OldJadedGamer said:
Dice/EA got pretty lucky with MW2 being so shitty though. If MW2 I'm not sure they would have gotten so many sales though. While it is a great game of course and I'm playing the shit out of BC2, I wouldn't have crossed over if IW hadn't jumped the shark.

But good for Dice/EA. I'm glad that more people are enjoying the game. It deserves it.

Spot on. A ton of the sales are probably from people who feel the same, and I know I do. If MW2 hooked me like CoD4 did, then I would've ended up skipping this just like what happened when BC1 released.

Dynamic3

Razor210 said:
A hell of a lot of people here. PSN: Razor210.

I figured the patch was out when I couldn't hit people at point blank range and they didn't take any damage.

Laggy as fuck.

Are you sure you just didn't have the MW2 disc in by accident?

Dynamic3

UFRA said:
What really annoys me is when smoke effects or explosions don't even show up...

Not sure if this is a PS3 only thing or if 360 does it too, but sometimes when I fire an AT4, I only see the rocket flying out there and no smoke trail. Totally lame, but I understand why it happens.

Mortar strikes are another good example. Sometimes there's no smoke trail from them at all, or even an explosion for that matter - you just see parts of a building magically disappear as a little black line falls from the sky and hits it.

I've noticed this too, especially on Isla at long distance.

Btw, I'm jumping on for a few quick rounds before the Celtics game if anyone wants in.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Net_Wrecker said:
Spot on. A ton of the sales are probably from people who feel the same, and I know I do. If MW2 hooked me like CoD4 did, then I would've ended up skipping this just like what happened when BC1 released.

I had more fun with BC1. BC2 is just more maps + less hitpoints + some gameplay refinements. Doesn't feel as fresh and exciting as BC1.

BC1 killed MW1 for me.

subversus said:
I had more fun with BC1. BC2 is just more maps + less hitpoints + some gameplay refinements. Doesn't feel as fresh and exciting as BC1.

BC1 killed MW1 for me.
the main thing i miss about BC1 is wider maps with more approaches in rush.

i don't miss the artillery spam though, i can't believe they never fixed that.

Razor210

Violater said:
pew pew pew
I originally thought it was a nerf, and then when people were just kinda dancing in my hail of bullets, it was like "oh yeah, I heard there was going to be a patch today".

Dynamic3 said:
Are you sure you just didn't have the MW2 disc in by accident?

I can't believe I haven't traded that in yet. It's just kinda chilling there.

todahawk

TheAzRim said:
Oh good... well not good for the freeze just thought it was my PS3 messing up...

Ugh. Hope that's from just the rollout and that they won't need a patch for the patch. Got an early meeting at work tomorrow morning so I won't be on tonight either way :(

Seks said:
re: 3d dot game heroes
Backlog be damned, I was thinking about picking up 3D Dot Game Heros tomorrow after work. Wish it had co-op in some form.

Az

The Faceless Master said:
the main thing i miss about BC1 is wider maps with more approaches in rush.

i don't miss the artillery spam though, i can't believe they never fixed that.

I have to agree on this. I would really like to see more ways to get to a m-com. A good example is Port Valdez when you get to the third part. The Hind can easily rape you while you try to get through that one way street to the base.

kamspy said:
active pc player here.

same as my user name.

I only play as assault and engie. The world doesn't need anymore recons or medics. They could fucking rename the game:

"Recons Vs. Medics"

would be kinda epic if they just went with it...

Adding you.

subversus said:

BC1 killed MW1 for me.

Since BC1 came out after MW1 and I was having a blast with MW1 at the time, I didn't even give BC1 a second glance. Downloaded the demo, played through the little SP and was done with it and went back to COD4.

BC2 is totally fresh to me and got me super addicted more than COD4 got me and I was a tenth level prestige player.

Played some PS3 games and I noticed some tracer darts flying at speed of light... I assume the game has been tweaked, but still, my WWII weapons stats are frozen.

Has the console update gone out yet? I played earlier and didn't notice anything.

Net_Wrecker said:
Anyone else on 360 getting a ton of lag? Not bullet lag, but general movement lag? I'm missing doorways, ladders, my ammo packs aren't coming out, I'm reloading twice even though I pressed it one time, feeling like something is blocking my movement etc etc.

Right now it feels like everything that I didn't like about Bad Company 1.

Same.

eternaLightness said:
Thanks! I don't know why I don't use c4 more often.

C4 is by far my favorite weapon. If you time it right you can toss them far as hell, just pull the trigger to throw it and jump right after you do so. This way the animation to toss it starts playing and you toss the C4 mid-jump. It's a great way to get tanks from behind cover.

You can really rack up some kills on Rush w/ C4 as well. I sneak into the base and get inside the MCOM building. Throw an ammo pack into the corner, go to the MCOM and toss C4's on/near it as you arm it. Now run to your corner and hump the shit out of that ammo. Wait until someone runs in to disarm and BOOM, free kills + free points for MCOM damage. Now use the C4/Jump trick and toss 1 or more C4 every time someone runs in.

This tactic also works very well for defending the MCOM in the garage in Arica Harbor. I got atleast 10 kills from hiding behind the boxes and tossing out a c4 every 5 seconds.

todahawk

eternaLightness said:
Thanks! I don't know why I don't use c4 more often.

No prob. There's a piece of footage towards teh end that shows how to take down B on the first set of mcoms on Nelson Bay... I used it the other night and it was a rush to take it down so quick. :D

todahawk

sw33tclyde said:
C4 is by far my favorite weapon. If you time it right you can toss them far as hell, just pull the trigger to throw it and jump right after you do so. This way the animation to toss it starts playing and you toss the C4 mid-jump. It's a great way to get tanks from behind cover.

You can really rack up some kills on Rush w/ C4 as well. I sneak into the base and get inside the MCOM building. Throw an ammo pack into the corner, go to the MCOM and toss C4's on/near it as you arm it. Now run to your corner and hump the shit out of that ammo. Wait until someone runs in to disarm and BOOM, free kills + free points for MCOM damage. Now use the C4/Jump trick and toss 1 or more C4 every time someone runs in.

This tactic also works very well for defending the MCOM in the garage in Arica Harbor. I got atleast 10 kills from hiding behind the boxes and tossing out a c4 every 5 seconds.

Nice, hadn't thought of using C4 defending a plant or defending in general. I've seen people lay traps on the road... but i don't have the walk > start throwing > jump technique down quite yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom