• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I had a magical moment yesterday. Don't know the name of the level, but it was that snowy rush level, the one they had in the beta.

Anyway, I sniped one on the russian side while he was parachuting down, I have never felt so good about myself :lol, except that one time I luck-shot a chopper pilot in the head and the chopper proceeded to crash, taking an entire enemy squad with it.

faridmon

I finished the game last night and its the first console FPS game i complete since Goldeneye and the first one (in general) since F.E.A.R.

As a person who rarely play FPS, i enjoyed the singleplayer and it was intennse through out. thhere parts where i hate. like the tank part wasn't fun and the driving parts was just frustrating but overall I enjoyed it. However, i have no intension in playing the MP because i am just no good at FPS at all. I played it on easy with Aim assist, and i had a rough ride through the SP, which shows how i suck at FPS.

Also, I really liked the story overall. how those 4 people had strong bond and how they didn't come as offensive as many FPS (which just says many countries, they are tterrorists).

I wonder what many experinced FPS thought about the game. Any one care to comment on this subject?

I wondering if i should make thread about me playing and finishing an FPS for the 1st time, but i think that might be a stretch

if you liked the single player you should try BC1, many people think that was better.

also, now is as good a time as any to try multiplayer, nobody gets good overnight.

BC1 was he first FPS i played online that didn't have southpaw config and for the first few months or so i was basically playing against the enemy AND against myself anytime i ended up in a close combat situation i would instinctively react in the exact wrong way because of that, but eventually i learned how to use the 'standard' control style and got better.

someone even had a recent thread about it being their first time playing a shooter online, although i believe that was about the new transformers game...

faridmon

The Faceless Master said:
if you liked the single player you should try BC1, many people think that was better.

also, now is as good a time as any to try multiplayer, nobody gets good overnight.

BC1 was he first FPS i played online that didn't have southpaw config and for the first few months or so i was basically playing against the enemy AND against myself anytime i ended up in a close combat situation i would instinctively react in the exact wrong way because of that, but eventually i learned how to use the 'standard' control style and got better.

someone even had a recent thread about it being their first time playing a shooter online, although i believe that was about the new transformers game...
about a month ago, i have been playing MAG to get grasp at FPS thses days over my mates house, man what horrible nights i had with that. I have been playing that for some time and it apears that i could never grasp the controls that sense of directrion FPS gamers have.

Yeah, i have heard good thing about BC1 and will try to hunt that down now that I startetd to enjoy the genre again. I, Espcially, liked the hmor of the squad and i heard that the 1st one had better vocal humor so I can't wait to get that :D

Anyway, I have been figuring a way to collect the collectables, and it seems to be hard to collect most of them without a FAQ telling you how to get them. Any advice?

Also, I'll try to play without the aim assist on easy and see if i have improved at all. MP don't have aim Assist, am I correct?

todahawk

Fersis said:
I tried to play a little bith of Onslaught Hardcore yesterday:
- I respawn... my team mate kills me.
- Ok , i respawn again.. he kills me again.
- I left Onslaught and i play some Rush... my squad spent the entire match shooting each other. (I think they were shooting and trowing ammo packs... like boosting or somethin' like that)
- I try another Rush game... on of my team mates keeps calling me "The 3 letter F word".

How marvelous!
Makes me wish we had ReadID for Bad Company 2 so we could track punks down ala Jay & Silent Bob...
default.jpg

Binabik15

faridmon said:
about a month ago, i have been playing MAG to get grasp at FPS thses days over my mates house, man what horrible nights i had with that. I have been playing that for some time and it apears that i could never grasp the controls that sense of directrion FPS gamers have.

Yeah, i have heard good thing about BC1 and will try to hunt that down now that I startetd to enjoy the genre again. I, Espcially, liked the hmor of the squad and i heard that the 1st one had better vocal humor so I can't wait to get that :D

Anyway, I have been figuring a way to collect the collectables, and it seems to be hard to collect most of them without a FAQ telling you how to get them. Any advice?

Also, I'll try to play without the aim assist on easy and see if i have improved at all. MP don't have aim Assist, am I correct?

It doesn´t.

The hitboxes are quite generous, though :lol

PS: no shame in using a FAQ for the m-coms, it didn´t find most of them on my own, either.

Spl1nter

Wellscha said:
So what do you think that the next evolutionary step in the BF franchise is gonna be, Guys?

BF2142

Wait a second that was 4 years ago. The franchise has devolved overall. The next step is back to BF2142 level of complexity and game play.

CozMick

Banned
Battlefield 2 with Bad Company 2 destructability.

Can you imagine Dalian Plant with this "chimneys" being collapsable, my god it would be amazing.

But noooooooooooooo, Ea/Dice will CoDify BC3 :(

Loxley

Well we know for sure the next Battlefield coming is Battlefield 3. Also as far as we know it's PC exclusive. In addition to this blurb:

The game uses Frostbite 2, DICE's in-house video game engine developed around DirectX 11. So far Windows-based PCs is the only platform confirmed. The game will be a sequel to Battlefield 2, and continue along the same storyline of a modern war where China and the Middle East battle with NATO (the United States and European Union).

My theory is that they'll try to make it as identical to BF2 as possible but with (obviously) massively updated tech and server functionality/options.

But noooooooooooooo, Ea/Dice will CoDify BC3 :(

Why would they do that when both 1943 and BC2 have been phenomenally successful without being anything like CoD? Especially if the game stays PC exclusive, I'm more than willing to bet that BC3 will be closer in formula to the PC titles in the Battlefield franchise.

Oh, and they need to bring back the Battlefield theme, it was a complete no-show in BC2 :(

faridmon said:

yeah the humor in BC1 is excellent. as for collectables, i just used a FAQ for the ones i missed, i missed a few crates and one gun.

abuC

I play to win and my K/D isn't low, I just dislike waiting to re-spawn so I make sure I take out as many people before I go.

Lately on Rush it seems like whenever an mcom is armed, my teammates/squad are no where to be found. Just had a match on Laguna Presa and my team seemed clueless. I was like the only was disarming or trying to disarm them.

Also tried Atacama Desert Rush today. Got pretty much handed to us while defending. It seems a bit tougher than I thought. I think it's a bit too vehicle heavy. I've enjoyed Port Valdez on conquest so far though.

faridmon

Thanks for the replies. FAQ it is then. Another thing is that, even though this game have been marketed as the game that emphisise destructive building, it doesn't come as important as it was implied. The snow level (cold war) had few places that you had to knock some towers and the jungle level had a few spots but apart fom that, destructive environment came as secondery thing during the SP.

have to replay the SP now, and I don't have XBOX live set up, so i have to do that. PLaying online = not comfortable, but i have to start somewhere...

Are all BF main games on the PC MP only games? do they have SP?

Flunkie

Banned
Because I couldn't connect online earlier, I delved a little into the campaign this afternoon. I love all the
jabs at MW2! :lol "Snowmobiles are for sissies," and "They'll probably send douchebags with fuckin' heartbeat sensors on their guns!" :lol :lol

Fersis said:
I tried to play a little bith of Onslaught Hardcore yesterday:
- I respawn... my team mate kills me.
- Ok , i respawn again.. he kills me again.
- I left Onslaught and i play some Rush... my squad spent the entire match shooting each other. (I think they were shooting and trowing ammo packs... like boosting or somethin' like that)
- I try another Rush game... on of my team mates keeps calling me "The 3 letter F word".
Sorry we couldn't play today.. it wasn't letting me connect to your match or anyone else's!

iam220

So PC now has infantry only right? I can't seem to find a single server that has this on ... it would really help if there was a filter for it.

faridmon said:
Are all BF main games on the PC MP only games? do they have SP?

MP only. Some (BF2) have bots.

faridmon

iam220 said:
So PC now has infantry only right? I can't seem to find a single server that has this on ... it would really help if there was a filter for it.

MP only. Some (BF2) have bots.
dang it, it will seem that I have to get into the MP sooner, just before BF 3 hits.

Flunkie said:
Because I couldn't connect online earlier, I delved a little into the campaign this afternoon. I love all the
jabs at MW2! :lol "Snowmobiles are for sissies," and "They'll probably send douchebags with fuckin' heartbeat sensors on their guns!" :lol :lol
since I have never played MW2 how are those comments connected to that game?

Flunkie

Banned
faridmon said:
since I have never played MW2 how are those comments connected to that game?
In MW2, you can put a heartbeat sensor on your gun as an attachment, which many people say are cheap because they make spotting/detecting enemies easy. There's also a level where you drive a snowmobile. It's just the blatant mockery of MW2 that makes it funny. :)

Had an amazing go as a chopper gunner (last night) in the Hind on Isla. We were getting our asses handed to us until we got to the final base, where the Hind totally won the round. My buddy just calmly flew in circles, while I killed them fucking all. It felt like the AC130 level on CoD4. That's how many people I was killing. One after another. Groups of them. They were all high levels, but really didn't attempt to shoot us down. Rockets would fly as well as tracers, but AA was not their game. Killed about 40 of them and got a handful of CE pins.

It was glorious.

Then on Nelson Bay five guys planted a charge and sat in the building. I stormed in there with my SPAS (buckshot) and blew them all away, one after another. I fucking love this game. :lol

Thanks DICE.

faridmon

Flunkie said:
In MW2, you can put a heartbeat sensor on your gun as an attachment, which many people say are cheap because they make spotting/detecting enemies easy. There's also a level where you drive a snowmobile. It's just the blatant mockery of MW2 that makes it funny. :)
Right, thanks.:lol

1stStrike

Banned
Yo guys. I'm not dead. I've just been playing Infamous.

Also, I worked 12 hours today and was getting yelled and screamed at by angry customers all day because someone on the grave shift decided to suspend 300 user accounts for abusing disk I/O.

Then, the guy logged off for the day right when I came on and I was FUCKED all day. My boss works the nights atm and he was just like WHY THE FUCK DID YOU DO THIS? (to the guy that did it).

I wouldn't wanna be him right now.

Still, I made an extra $156 in over time today at least...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Loxley said:
Oh, and they need to bring back the Battlefield theme, it was a complete no-show in BC2 :(

Pray tell: What is the "Battlefield theme?" Are you talking about music/title screen or gameplay? Because the gameplay is pretty much the same as BF2:MC 360 and 1943, BC1 and BC2 for me. :/

Also Dear Public Assault that thought I was being useless like the rest of the recon sniperdicks in our base: I wasn't. If you didn't notice I was counter-sniping other snipers from safety + taking down their stationary AT and heavy MG'ers while mortaring the shit out of a tank (that someone pussy bailed out of instead of giving me a kill) along with multiple mortar kills AFTER I RAN OUT OF AMMO AND YOUR STUPID ASS DIDN'T GIVE ME AMMO.

FUCK YOU, SAMUELSAM or whatever the fuck your PSN id is. imad.jpg because I could've continued to support your attempts on taking the Port Valadez last push by keeping them off the hill + mortaring the roof of last set B so they couldn't set up shop there.

AND I PUSHED INTO B along with the rest of you with just my pistol. Took a dude out, got taken out and that was with no sniper ammo remaining.

Thanks for nothing. :|

Yay for fucktard teams today. I swear it goes every other day. Good teams, next day, fucking dumb teams. Love the game, next day, fucking loathe it like a piece of shit. Team scramble nao. And crate repair please. Going for a motorbike ride to blow some steam off.

It's the theme music that is in every Battlfield game @59 secs it chimes in
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5HqlYBowvg&feature=related

Wellscha said:
So what do you think that the next evolutionary step in the BF franchise is gonna be, Guys?

I say Unified servers.

I think it is urban warfare next, not just small towns and outlying areas, but full on skyscrapers and city centers with destruction..It would be glorious.

Played with a Gaf squad for the first time last night and after a quick repairs on the end of Arica we tore up Atacama rush:lol Defense was me counter sniping with the VADS and us not letting them take a single crate. On the attack it was almost over at the first bet we pulled it out at ~8 tickets left and charged till the end which turned into a massive rape with me flanking in a T-90 on the left side of the US base and us stealing nearly all of their tanks:lol

Then it was Valdez and much of the gaf squad left so it was me and a few friends against
the wave of crate bashes with tank mines... I got in the Apache and silenced the opposing side for a while till I was hit by a luck CG and then the team made B on the last set our Alamo. We were all hold up in their reviving each other and popping the defenders as they came in. But then they turned into AT mine zombies rushing in and placing them and with NOTHING that could be don when they are near they eventually snuck a grenade in and won...Dubb then ragequited, they only had about 5 tickets left. Such BS.

Crakatak187 said:
Well it is the weekends. Idiots come out on weekends.
Hah yeah, true. I guess I could just switch teams, but I find steamrolling really, really boring.
Dubbedinenglish said:
Then it was Valdez and much of the gaf squad left so it was me and a few friends against
the wave of crate bashes with tank mines... I got in the Apache and silenced the opposing side for a while till I was hit by a luck CG and then the team made B on the last set our Alamo. We were all hold up in their reviving each other and popping the defenders as they came in. But then they turned into AT mine zombies rushing in and placing them and with NOTHING that could be don when they are near they eventually snuck a grenade in and won...Dubb then ragequited, they only had about 5 tickets left. Such BS.
I hate this shit. I know people are always like, stick near the crates (we do). But if they're all doing it, one rat is bound to slip passed and place a few mines before you can kill him. Rinse and repeat. A random frag. Game over.

Great today I got my first double kill with one shot from the M24, damn I rediscovered the M24, I love it.

I have some awful matches, too.I hate it, makes me so angry.

And fellow Assault comrades, I know you hate snipers, I hate them too when I'm a Assault and see those pussies who stay in our base even if we are about to ran out of tickets, but that dosn't mean we all the same, I take out those other snipers that fuck you that much, so ammo is apreciated, because when I run out of ammo, I have to go with my pistol and charge waiting my death, and that's not efficient, so give me fucking ammo, it's free points you idiot!

false edit:I just saw Seks post. :lol

Other edit: I saw today a guy with -5000 points, because he spend the entire round blowing his own crates, WTF? Is there any reason for that (that isn't because he's an asshole)?

olimpia84

^ I got 100% of the trophies last night as well. Last one I needed was the Recon specact trophy. I guess I'll focus on getting all the insignias and pins now, although some of them will take me forever.

Insaniac

I'm not convinced the M95 with magnum ammo is worth using given the slow slow reload. How often is it a one hit kill in normal mode?

Also, have been really enjoying the Saiga/Recon assault shotgunner combo :lol

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Insaniac said:

With slugs and magnum ammo it could be more effective than assault rifles if you aim down the sights.

olimpia84 said:
^ I got 100% of the trophies last night as well. Last one I needed was the Recon specact trophy. I guess I'll focus on getting all the insignias and pins now, although some of them will take me forever.

That's what I'm doing now. Going after all my bronze guns now that they have fixed that bug.

Insaniac said:
I'm not convinced the M95 with magnum ammo is worth using given the slow slow reload. How often is it a one hit kill in normal mode?

Yeah it sucks. I'd rather use the GOL or the SV98. Only time I use it to shoot helis if a friend is shooting with me (two M95s shooting your heli can be annoying and effective).

Bah, why did i ever go back to ATI, the game once again is a micro-stuttery head ache on a fresh format :( Spend the first minutes of the game with terrible fps until it rises to "normal" levels, but then its got this horrible jumpy stutter to it. I put my 8800GT in, and its smooth as butter once again, heck its even more playable on my 9600GT than it is on the 4850. Ever since ATI fixed the slow loading problem, this new issue cropped up :(

Insaniac said:

It sucks, if you hit the body you won't get a kill unless it's for a reasonable short distance and at that point you might want to use any other sniper rifle with faster reload.

I'll use the SV98 or the GOL but for some reason, it dosn't feel right and I fail a lot of shots, so I stick with the M24.

I've started Assault Sniping with the VSS. Love it and the gameplay style that is birthed from it's usage.

Downside is when you happen to face a competent enemy sniper with anything but the VSS or SVU.

OldJadedGamer said:
That's what I'm doing now. Going after all my bronze guns now that they have fixed that bug.
I did that but even after I got my M1 Garand bronze star the insignia for all bronze weapons didn't come up, despite the fact that I had bronzes (or better) in everything (including 40mm shotgun etc.). Do I need to go back and get another 50 kills with the M1A1 Thompson maybe, just to be safe?

endlessflood said:
I did that but even after I got my M1 Garand bronze star the insignia for all bronze weapons didn't come up, despite the fact that I had bronzes (or better) in everything (including 40mm shotgun etc.). Do I need to go back and get another 50 kills with the M1A1 Thompson maybe, just to be safe?

Does everything in your weapon page have at least one star? If so you should. What is weird is that I used the Garand a lot before they fixed the bug then after they fixed it, those kills were counted as the M1A1 instead even though I had never touched the gun previously.

endlessflood said:
do you have the specact weapons endlessflood? i think those count to...

i don't have a bronze for the 40MM Shotgun, i was planning to do it last, but i got the medal from just bronzing all the primary weapons.

OldJadedGamer said:
Does everything in your weapon page have at least one star? If so you should. What is weird is that I used the Garand a lot before they fixed the bug then after they fixed it, those kills were counted as the M1A1 instead even though I had never touched the gun previously.
same here. my 200 Garand kills got credited to the M1A1 and i had to use the Garand again from he start. i actually got my first legit M1A1 kill yesterday when i was out of ammo and picked one up from a body.

one of these days i need to really try it out, it's just that i despised it so much in the beta.

OldJadedGamer said:
Yeah everything that can have a star has a star AFAICS. And yes that was my experience with the stats too. Prior to the patch I made sure that I got 25 kills with the Thompson in a single run on a server to make sure that I would qualify for the all bronze stars insignia once they patched the stats. I already had 70-something Garand kills prior to the patch (listed as Thompson kills) but as I said I went back and bronzed the Garand again post-patch but didn't get the insignia :(

The Faceless Master said:
do you have the specact weapons endlessflood? i think those count to...

i don't have a bronze for the 40MM Shotgun, i was planning to do it last, but i got the medal from just bronzing all the primary weapons.

same here. my 200 Garand kills got credited to the M1A1 and i had to use the Garand again from the start. i actually got my first legit M1A1 kill yesterday when i was out of ammo and picked one up from a body.

one of these days i need to really try it out, it's just that i despised it so much in the beta.
I have gold stars in all of the SPECACT weapons. I'll take a photo of my stats tonight in case you guys can see something obviously missing. On the subject of the Thompson I used it a fair bit on the beta with a C4 recon, but in the retail game there's the G3 now for that class setup.

EDIT - Here are my stats showing all of the weapons stars:
http://bfbcs.com/stats_ps3/AStiffBreeze

The amounts of M-COM bashing was horrible. Went against a team that had half snipers and half crate bashers and there was no way Wes and I could stop it.

Sorry about earlier JM. My bro wanted to play a game of 2K basketball.

Tarin02543

I want BF3 to have all the Frostbite goodies but it cannot dumb down the core BF experience. By that I mean I want BF3 to have moveable warships, aircarrier ship, submarines and jets.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Tarin02543 said:
I want BF3 to have all the Frostbite goodies but it cannot dumb down the core BF experience. By that I mean I want BF3 to have moveable warships, aircarrier ship, submarines and jets.

I would like to see the commander role make a comeback. Back in BF2 a good commander could really make a big difference with artillery strikes, ammo crates, satellite spotting...I need to pick BF2 up again :lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom