• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
The Faceless Master said:
nobody on your team took out the tank? i can understand on the first section, but the other 4?
Its not that easy, especially on the last set, as they can shell the MCOMS from the bridge, which is too far to run back to. With a guy repairing, its impossible for one person to take them down with an AT4 anymore.

poppabk said:
Its not that easy, especially on the last set, as they can shell the MCOMS from the bridge, which is too far to run back to. With a guy repairing, its impossible for one person to take them down with an AT4 anymore.
running back is an option, you can also swim back. you can also try using a combo of the stationary at and mortars or a rocket.

Sorry it's probably been addressed before but today took the biscuit

Is there anyway to force yourself into another squad ?

On Arica kept being put in the same squad with 3 snipers, Who I couldn't even spawn on half the time as they are in previous bases sniping from behind (Defense) . Tried waiting 5 minutes , still got put into the same squad :/ , then theres the games when it will not find you a squad at all :(

todahawk

MiloTheMilitant said:

On Arica kept being put in the same squad with 3 snipers, Who I couldn't even spawn on half the time as they are in previous bases sniping from behind (Defense) . Tried waiting 5 minutes , still got put into the same squad :/ , then theres the games when it will not find you a squad at all :(

Yeah, depends on who's squadded up and who isn't. I've had it happen before. If there's no other squads you can join in that match there isn't much you can do.

Binabik15

Why all the XM8C love? I played with it a bit today and I prefer the Scar-L´s ironsight and I´m quite deadly with the scar, even without red-dot, magnum or anything. In-game stat comparison thingy has the XM8C worse in every single thing or am I mistaken? Funny enough I haven´t really tried the different engi guns despite it being my second best class (G3 all the way). Teach me, engi-GAF.

On the new maps: The gatling AA gun is a godsend against those good chopper pilots, they should put one on those AA tanks nobody uses :lol

PS: Game froze my PS3 twice today, wth :/

Spl1nter

Binabik15 said:
Why all the XM8C love? I played with it a bit today and I prefer the Scar-L´s ironsight and I´m quite deadly with the scar, even without red-dot, magnum or anything. In-game stat comparison thingy has the XM8C worse in every single thing or am I mistaken? Funny enough I haven´t really tried the different engi guns despite it being my second best class (G3 all the way). Teach me, engi-GAF.

Doesn't mean shit.

http://denkirson.xanga.com/722757523/bad-company-2/

I like the 9A91 over the SCAR as it has less spread, spray and recoil even if its clip is smaller. The XM8-C does slightly less damage then the SCAR but fires faster and once again has less spread, spray and recoil.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
MiloTheMilitant said:

assault class ...smoke grenade attachment shoot it at team mate till them move
problem solved...and yes you will get negative feedback..but we'll know you were in the right,in doing so.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
and honestly I want to play the game where the developers have the balls to not include a sniper package...seriously they've been the bane of online play since unreal ctf...just get rid of it and let the camping bastards go with it.. :D

Wthermans

Banned
nobody on your team took out the tank? i can understand on the first section, but the other 4?
Agreed.

Unless your team absolutely sucks, there's no reason that tank should not have died at the garage MCOM during the second set of MCOMs.

Wthermans

Banned
bloodydrake said:
and honestly I want to play the game where the developers have the balls to not include a sniper package...seriously they've been the bane of online play since unreal ctf...just get rid of it and let the camping bastards go with it.. :D

As a combat sniper I hope this never happens. :)

I found a major flaw in Atacama Rush. The last base, before all of your guys can advance into their new base, the tanks spawn. I blew up the mcom and witnessed the other team take all three of our tanks. They sped off to their base. Without any tanks, it's impossible to trek across the wide open desert. Especially when they've got dedicated engineers on their ass. And they've got six fucking tanks.

I will be avoiding this server because it was basically their clan pubstomping. How we managed to get that far I don't know.

USF

mk14ebr.png

M14 MOD ENHANCED

Best thing ever! :D

Oh and a tip for PC users: with the minigun AA's slow ass turn rate it can be a bitch turning it by dragging the mouse. In vehicle controls, assign the turret turning to the arrow keys. You can turn fast and make fine adjustments with the mouse.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
USF said:
mk14ebr.png

M14 MOD ENHANCED

Best thing ever! :D

I love the hell out of this gun on my recon but I can't use the iron sights for shit.

bloodydrake said:
Good thing they'll never listen to you. I'll continue headshotting people who whine about snipers from far away with glee. Besides, I think bfbc2 does a great job of balancing the sniper class by adding bullet drop.

Wthermans

Banned
Mr Sandman said:
Oh and a tip for PC users: with the minigun AA's slow ass turn rate it can be a bitch turning it by dragging the mouse. In vehicle controls, assign the turret turning to the arrow keys. You can turn fast and make fine adjustments with the mouse.
Awesome idea. Thank you for this. Something weird about the AA on Port Valdez Conquest I noticed is that apparently it switches between the Atacama style AA and the minigun AA. I joined one server and it was the minigun, later on I played the map on a different server and it had the AA from Atacama. Very strange.

dralla

Mr Sandman said:
I found a major flaw in Atacama Rush. The last base, before all of your guys can advance into their new base, the tanks spawn. I blew up the mcom and witnessed the other team take all three of our tanks. They sped off to their base. Without any tanks, it's impossible to trek across the wide open desert. Especially when they've got dedicated engineers on their ass. And they've got six fucking tanks.

I will be avoiding this server because it was basically their clan pubstomping. How we managed to get that far I don't know.
i dont know if i'd call letting the other team steal 3 tanks from your base a "flaw"

USF

GeneralIroh said:
They unlocked in the patch!? I can't seem to find it though. Is it for consoles only?
Dono about the patch but it will unlock when you reach rank 19 under the 'all kits' weapons

dralla said:
i dont know if i'd call letting the other team steal 3 tanks from your base a "flaw"
Like I said it was done before the team could get to the new base. Maybe it's because in between bases is so big and the tanks we're placed on the outside of the base. It seemed like they spawned much quicker before we could lighten up the team that stayed there (which was most). It would be nice if the game checked better if most their team didn't retreat.

From now on if it's some douche bag clan I'm not taking any chances. Going to take a Cobra out there and throw some AT mines where they spawn to prevent that shit.

Spl1nter

bloodydrake said:

Its not the class its the way people play the class. Just ask anyone who has played with me. Players play 'sniper' because generally they are new to the game and getting used to the mechanics. Its a safe and easy way to acclimatize ones self with the game.

bloodydrake said:

Nothing wrong with including snipers, problem is that they are so wildly unrealistic. Sniping is very difficult and for it's benefits it offers, it should be more difficult to do. Really anyone can be good at being a sniper with how simplified they have made it in most video games.

Marvie_3

Banned
BattleMonkey said:
Nothing wrong with including snipers, problem is that they are so wildly unrealistic. Sniping is very difficult and for it's benefits it offers, it should be more difficult to do. Really anyone can be good at being a sniper with how simplified they have made it in most video games.
Totally agree. Normally I suck at FPS games but even I can put up some good rounds as a recon in BC2. One of the last games tonight I had a ~15 kill streak going as a sniper and I've never killed 15 people in a round of any game before. :lol

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
you're all right.
But my soul dies a little bit more each time I join a quick match of conquest and all my squad mates, I'm randomly assigned to, are recon(snipers) that are cherry picking in the bush but never move to a position that would help cap a flag..

In those moments I look up and think wouldn't it be great if everyone had to just get their nose in the dirt?..I know Crazy talk..Shrug

I turn into a whiney bitch when I play with GAF, but Isla was such a disappointing match on attack. I add to the disappointment at the start then I stopped. I was surprised to see most of GAF hiding and not pushing forward.

Crakatak187 said:
I turn into a whiney bitch when I play with GAF, but Isla was such a disappointing match on attack. I add to the disappointment at the start then I stopped. I was surprised to see most of GAF hiding and not pushing forward.

Yeah...It was the first time playing with GAF that was extra frustrating.

Like I usually say to people - "There's something seriously wrong with a team that needs a UAV to take out more than one crates.

However, the frustration also makes my arming of that 2nd B crate (we had like less than 15 tickets left then) + UAVing of the 3rd B crate extra satisfying.

Yeah the main problem was that sitting in one area the whole time will bite you in the ass and lack momentum to blow up the M-COMs. I would have drove the Bradley in their last base earlier but I was contested by another guy and the first attempt I failed. That Bradley driver also just sat back and kept shooting. I rather drive in and give the team incentive to push forward as the enemy team is centered on me.

I can't help but think Atacama Rush would have been amazing at night. It would also make attacking a tad easier. I think. We need at least one more night map (like in Onslaught).

Did anyone notice they changed White Pass SDM? It's like early morning with out all that damn bloom and brightness up the ass. Looks really freaking nice.

Tried out Atacama Rush for the first time today and it's kind of weird to me. I assume it's a very vehicle oriented map and I got the feeling those choppers is going to be a nightmare on this map especially since the attackers start out with one from the get go.

Console version attack choppers are a nightmare with a circle strafing pilot, but there is an AA turret I just don't know where it's at yet.

The open areas are so wide for a rush map I get paranoid as hell.

Crakatak187 said:
Tried out Atacama Rush for the first time today and it's kind of weird to me. I assume it's a very vehicle oriented map and I got the feeling those choppers is going to be a nightmare on this map especially since the attackers start out with one from the get go.

Console version attack choppers are a nightmare with a circle strafing pilot, but there is an AA turret I just don't know where it's at yet.

Surprisingly enough choppers wasn't really a problem the times I was defending, the AA turret must keep them in check, I wish there were more.

Maybe is that it wasn't in hands of a skilled pilot.

Crakatak187 said:

The latest PC patch made helis up there with the console versions. So I know how you feel at times. Luckily I'm good on the AA guns. Without a good air-force on this map you're screwed as attackers if the defenders are good. Unlike other maps where you can huff it to their base without needing the transport helis, being successful depends a lot on spawning on the heli and parachuting in while your gunner brings on the pain on the defusers. At least in my experiences.

Locations of the AA mini gun are (facing the attackers base):
First base: Back left corner on the trailer.
Second: Back right corner behind the ship under a mesh cover thing.
Third: Back left by some buildings.
Final: Back in the middle.

Hope I could help.

EDIT:
Wthermans said:
Awesome idea. Thank you for this. Something weird about the AA on Port Valdez Conquest I noticed is that apparently it switches between the Atacama style AA and the minigun AA. I joined one server and it was the minigun, later on I played the map on a different server and it had the AA from Atacama. Very strange.
No problem.

On location B it depends on what faction has taken it over. If the Americans have it, it's the minigun, Russians have the default one. Which is a little unfair for team RU, haha. It can be D2.0'd though. :/ Sometimes it lives and sits on the rubble lol.

Crakatak187 said:

the AA guns on the map are beastly and the Hind isn't as effective as the Havoc or Apache. taking out the heli with the AA isn't a problem, the only concern is getting sniped out of the seat from enemy recons sitting comfortably inside their base.

the AA guns on the map are beastly and the Hind isn't as effective as the Havoc or Apache. taking out the heli with the AA isn't a problem, the only concern is getting sniped out of the seat from enemy recons sitting comfortably inside their base.
With all those rats parachuting behind the base I'd say it almost is! :lol

Thanks for the info guys. Today was my first time playing this map on Rush. I'll be seeing it more often that's for sure. It's great that there is AA guns that's not on vehicles. I had a nightmare on Port Valdez last week because of this level 50 pilot. Kind of wish our choppers handled like PC so I can see an end to circle strifing.

Mr Sandman said:
Like I said it was done before the team could get to the new base. Maybe it's because in between bases is so big and the tanks we're placed on the outside of the base. It seemed like they spawned much quicker before we could lighten up the team that stayed there (which was most). It would be nice if the game checked better if most their team didn't retreat.

From now on if it's some douche bag clan I'm not taking any chances. Going to take a Cobra out there and throw some AT mines where they spawn to prevent that shit.
unless they changed something on PC, the tanks spawn 30 seconds after you destroy the last crate at that base, (at the same time that the attacking team is allowed to move forward) just like on all the other maps. and hey, tank jacking is a legit tactic, it's just unfortunate that they got them all on a map like that where you pretty much need something to cross the desert!

hahah actually, now that i think about it, the defending team could get real douchey and destroy their own crates just to steal the tanks and have the advantage on the final set...

Mr Sandman said:
I can't help but think Atacama Rush would have been amazing at night. It would also make attacking a tad easier. I think. We need at least one more night map (like in Onslaught).

Did anyone notice they changed White Pass SDM? It's like early morning with out all that damn bloom and brightness up the ass. Looks really freaking nice.
yeah, there was a lot of talk about that when it happened on console a few weeks ago. i believe dskillzhtown was the one raving about it (since he plays so much SDM) and the rest of us checked it out and were wowed. Nelson Bay in Onslaught looks similar to that.

i'm still upset that Nelson Bay Conquest is apparently in the daytime, it would be great to have Conquest at night!

unless they changed something on PC, the tanks spawn 30 seconds after you destroy the last crate at that base, (at the same time that the attacking team is allowed to move forward) just like on all the other maps. and hey, tank jacking is a legit tactic, it's just unfortunate that they got them all on a map like that where you pretty much need something to cross the desert!

hahah actually, now that i think about it, the defending team could get real douchey and destroy their own crates just to steal the tanks and have the advantage on the final set...

yeah, there was a lot of talk about that when it happened on console a few weeks ago. i believe dskillzhtown was the one raving about it (since he plays so much SDM) and the rest of us checked it out and were wowed. Nelson Bay in Onslaught looks similar to that.

i'm still upset that Nelson Bay Conquest is apparently in the daytime, it would be great to have Conquest at night!
I don't know it happened so fast it seemed. It probably was 30 seconds, but I shot the crate with an RPG and blew it up and didn't do much, ran outside the house to see three tanks speeding off in the distance. And it is a legit strategy, but usually it's not a game breaker. Lessons learned.

Maybe Valparaiso Conquest (if the ones found in the latest PC patch aren't the only Map Packs left...) will be nighttime like the Onslaught version(?). :D

Mr Sandman said:
The latest PC patch made helis up there with the console versions. So I know how you feel at times. Luckily I'm good on the AA guns. Without a good air-force on this map you're screwed as attackers if the defenders are good. Unlike other maps where you can huff it to their base without needing the transport helis, being successful depends a lot on spawning on the heli and parachuting in while your gunner brings on the pain on the defusers. At least in my experiences.
circle strafing for all? HOORAY!!!

Mr Sandman said:
With all those rats parachuting behind the base I'd say it almost is! :lol
:lol :lol :lol

well, i meant the chopper itself and the damage it causes (or lack thereof) and not the paratroopers.the ground forces are supposed to take those guys out!

Mr Sandman said:
I don't know it happened so fast it seemed. It probably was 30 seconds, but I shot the crate with an RPG and blew it up and didn't do much, ran outside the house to see three tanks speeding off in the distance. And it is a legit strategy, but usually it's not a game breaker. Lessons learned.

Maybe Valparaiso Conquest (if the ones found in the latest PC patch aren't the only Map Packs left...) will be nighttime like the Onslaught version(?). :D
Valparaiso Conquest would be awesome!

3 flags, base 1, 2 and 3. the map start and base 4 would be the home bases, and maybe a blackhawk/hind at opposite home bases!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
olimpia84 said:
For the SMGs you can't go wrong with the UZI, UMP and AK74...those are the best imo and are very effective if used with magnum ammo. It can take a while to get used to the iron sights but once you're past that it's awesome.
Got plats in all three of them and working towards my UMP SPECACT plat right now. :D

Thank you for being part of the problem. :|

>>Smoke being less on consoles vs PC<<

Possible. I can't say. Just no one on consoles uses Smoke and frankly the smoke uses seem limited compared to chucking a grenade or having the shotgun equipped to throw through a door on breaching.

todahawk

TheSeks said:
Thank you for being part of the problem. :|

Possible. I can't say. Just no one on consoles uses Smoke and frankly the smoke uses seem limited compared to chucking a grenade or having the shotgun equipped to throw through a door on breaching.

I've only whipped smoke out on certain tough areas of Rush maps, never on conquest.... Like the last two m-coms while attacking on Arica Harbor. If the defenders are all snipered up and just camping in the main building I put up a wall of smoke so we can advance and then pop smoke in the building to cover the arming.

Used it some on the last m-coms on Nelson Bay as well.

TheSeks said:

Hm, I don't know. I use smoke in situations where grenades or breaching really aren't a possibility. I rarely use the GL--I just don't have that many situations where it's useful for me. Unless we're having trouble from people in buildings, I go smoke.

If you've EVER been in a situation where your team has to move through a wide open space or a choke point, you should be using smoke. I use smoke on Isla Inocentes as an attacker every time.

I don't really like the GL anymore. It's not that great as an anti-infantry weapon now, so I only use it if I need to blow shit up.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Marvie_3 said:
Not that it's really important, but I'm jealous of some of your guys' K/D ratios. Mine is like .65 :lol
I have an intimidating 0.44 K/D ratio.

jayb

Marvie_3 said:
Not that it's really important, but I'm jealous of some of your guys' K/D ratios. Mine is like .65 :lol

mine's in the .5x range. :lol

In my defense, this is my first battlefield game, and I started off doing nothing but suicide runs trying to arm M-COMS.

13 hours into it, I'm getting a little better, but I still think I'm more concerned with my win:loss ratio than KDR.

todahawk

poppabk said:
I have an intimidating 0.44 K/D ratio.
but you score like 4K points a minute to make up for it, right??!???

my k/d at the beginning was horrid but i was having a shitload of fun (and ignoring objectives), I was too busy trying shit out.

went through an awful grind period and now I'm back at the point (not counting the last 4 days I've been cheating on BC2 with RDR) where I pick weapons and vehicles for winning and fun. My k/d has followed along nicely.

I hate stats but I love them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom