• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaYotiX

Banned
Spotting cooldown is fine IMO, nobody wants a damn marker over their head all game but it should have a onscreen indicator on it's cooldown. I also wish it just showed your location on the radar/map instead of using that damn arrow over your head making people snipe you even if your in trees and can't be seen.

sk3tch

IronFistedChampion said:
Platform: PS3 Region: US

Thanks! Just nice to see where the issues are. I know that PC has separate servers. Not sure if PS3 and 360 have separate ones (I would assume yes)...

recklessmind said:
According to the OP... the M1 Garand can only be unlocked with 1943? That's not right is it?

I thought you just had to have vet status.

I unlocked it on the PS3 and also did it for my 3 friends.

there appears to be an issue in terms of linking GT/PSN ID to your EA account. The most effective way to fix this is to somehow link your GT/PSN ID to the EA account by getting vet status for BC1.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Menelaus said:
Point to a one of my trolls. Please.

Double dog ya.

Menelaus said:
Yeah, 10 whole seconds! WOW!

Menelaus said:
What's the deal with all of the little Steamheads losing their shit over the fact that they don't have access to the same game all of us consoleheads still don't have access to?

Menelaus said:
Thanks for the play by play, Marv Albert.

Yeah. I've got to much time on my hands working from home.

cameltoe

mrwilt said:
I've just about worn out my select button from spamming it while spotting. It feels very weak now, almost doesn't want to come back up anymore. :D
With that said, what a difference spotting is from the original beta to now. It was way too easy in the beta, thought they got it better in the demo, but now it's really hard to spot. That might be a good thing, though. In the beta, once you spotted someone they stayed spotted even if they ducked behind a hill or inside a building. Now I've noticed that the triangle disappears if they find some cover. More realistic I think.

exactly, and thats a good thing. Ill bet the people having issues actually are spotting but the dude found cover quickly so no more orange triangle...

ive spotted people as they were running towards cover....once they hit cover, triangle gone.....thats how it should be IMO

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
cameltoe said:
ive spotted people as they were running towards cover....once they hit cover, triangle gone.....thats how it should be IMO

I agree. It provides balance for the one being spotted.

Weeman0313

Neo Member
so are they ever going to add planes and VTOLS back into the battlefield series???? I MISS them. Dog fights were always the best on gulf of oman where if you were getting locked onto you would fly over the refinery and they would lock onto the heat of the pipes. GRRRR i miss that shit.

oh and of course carpet bombing the aircraft carrier when the guy on the AA gun fell asleep or went afk

KaYotiX said:
Spotting cooldown is fine IMO, nobody wants a damn marker over their head all game but it should have a onscreen indicator on it's cooldown. I also wish it just showed your location on the radar/map instead of using that damn arrow over your head making people snipe you even if your in trees and can't be seen.

Most of us are complaining about the cooldown in terms of the time between each consecutive spotting attempt.

For example, someone not being to spot a tank after just spotting an infantry a few seconds ago, or a UAV unable to spot another person for a good 5-infinite(?) seconds after the first one.

EDIT: and remember, other than running into a building- there's no "cover" to hide from a UAV (which is how things should be.)

EDIT2: Also the marker doesn't go away just because someone got into cover. I spotted someone on a Heavy MG yesterday while they were running into a garage house in Isla Innocentes. The marker still appeared even though there's a thick wall between the two of us.

EDIT 3: So in conclusion the spotting system is just messed up in general.

Anyone having issues adding servers to your favorite list on pc? I wasn't having issues yesterday, but today, it gets stuck at the waiting for data screen.

For a top tier dev, DICE is fucking terrible when it comes to QA.

Masta_Killah said:
Anyone having issues adding servers to your favorite list on pc? I wasn't having issues yesterday, but today, it gets stuck at the waiting for data screen.

For a top tier dev, DICE is fucking terrible when it comes to QA.

Yeah that happened to me last night when i tried to add any server to my favorites.

vixlar

Is the UAV spottable now? In the Demo you hear saying something about the UAV when you press select, but it didn't appear on the minimap nor put a spot over it.

Still on the fence about this one...not sure if I should buy it.

Really liked the single player of the first one (played on 360), didn't get into the multiplayer. Since then I've obtained an awesome PC, so I know this would run great. I have a habit of not playing multiplayer games when I buy them, so I'm leery of picking this up with the intention of getting into the online stuff.

What are people's thoughts on the campaign?

vixlar said:
Is the UAV spottable now? In the Demo you hear saying something about the UAV when you press select, but it didn't appear on the minimap nor put a spot over it.

UAV is spottable now, regardless of altitude.

Beaulieu

vixlar said:

Yeah it's now spottable, unlike every other unit in the game :)

So now using the UAV you are really screwed hehe

Jeff-DSA said:
I'm thinking of picking this up today. For those that play (or played) a lot of Modern Warfare 2, does this stand up well? I know they're very different, but I haven't played this since the demo I played at E3 and that was kinda short and limited. Basically I'm sick and tired of Akimbo shotguns and ready to test the waters elsewhere.
I'm more of a MW2 fan but I can't wait to get out of work and play this. My squad really couldn't get down any good strategy until the last couple of games then it started clicking.

blahness

moojito said:
It would be awesome if it turned out to have a screenshot system on the 360. I've often stopped at scenic parts of games and wished you could press the middle button on the controller and on that menu have a screenshot option.

there is in multiplayer - hold back and hit start

I don't get why out of all the things, spotting would have so many different conditions for this game. It's not like DICE has never gotten spotting to work well..

Weeman0313

Neo Member
Whoompthereitis said:
What are people's thoughts on the campaign?

one man will sum it up for you
free-MrBurnsExcellent.gif

Beaulieu

Menelaus said:
Wow to thinking those are trolls. :lol
Well you thinking I'm trolling this thread is also funny, considering about 75% of people giving their opinion on the matter agree with me.

also, I put countless hours in bc1 and battlefield 2, and I plan to do the same with this game (I dont buy a lot of games, only the one I truly like). That is a big reason why I complain that much, it pisses me off that the game standards went down from the demo version.

In a way, its false representation from Dice, to put a demo that is perfect like this and that isnt representative of the retail product.

If theres a lawyer in the room, I think money could be made from this :p

maybe its just single player (havent gotten into a multiplayer game yet) but it seem this game runs alot smoother on my c2d e6850 than the demo did

Violater said:
Don't be alarmed at seeing zero for all your stats!

We are getting your stats for the first time. Please wait for 103 minutes. :lol

I checked this nearly an hour ago and it said 111 minutes. I just checked again and it still says 111 minutes :/

pix

If theres a lawyer in the room, I think money could be made from this :p

You can't be serious... BETA always say "This is not a representation of the final product, anything may change blah blah"

ZombieSupaStar said:
maybe its just single player (havent gotten into a multiplayer game yet) but it seem this game runs alot smoother on my c2d e6850 than the demo did

Single player runs very well with a dual core. Performance on multiplayer however doesn't have that kind of an improvement...(it's way better optimized than the beta but don't expect 60 FPS)

Eternal Sleeper said:
UAV is spottable now, regardless of altitude.

What? You couldn't spot the UAV in the console demo? You could spot it easily in the PC beta. Real fun spotting it and watching a hail of gunfire direct toward it.

Flek

Banned
Lkr said:
Is the UAV worse as a weapon for killing now? I always sucked with it and it used to piss me off

well today i got a KD Ratio of 20:1 in one (!) round with the uav only, took out several tanks, quads and infantery guys. Also got 13 medals in this round. Whas hardcore mode though :O

Menelaus

Banned
Beaulieu said:
75% of people giving their opinion on the matter agree with me.
hyperbole
Beaulieu said:
I put countless hours in bc1 and battlefield 2
hyperbole
Beaulieu said:
In a way, its false representation from Dice, to put a demo that is perfect like this and that isnt representative of the retail product.
Did the demo/beta ever imply that it was based on final code? Oh, it didn't? Oh, demos/betas never do? Oh, DICE employees tweeted that we should expect numerous changes to the final code?

Oh.

sk3tch

Gully State said:
Single player runs very well with a dual core. Performance on multiplayer however doesn't have that kind of an improvement...(it's way better optimized than the beta but don't expect 60 FPS)

Do you think it would be worth it for me to eventually pick this up on PC (C2D E6600, 6GB RAM, GTX 260)? I'm just afraid of the dual core "minimum requirement" - but I would be playing on my TV in 720p so I wouldn't be pushing high res...

Definitely not upgrading the gaming PC any time soon, unfortunately.

Menelaus said:
Did the demo/beta ever imply that it was based on final code? Oh, it didn't? Oh, demos/betas never do? Oh, DICE employees tweeted that we should expect numerous changes to the final code?

Oh.

This guy's an ass, but he's making sense.

Violater

I can't believe you guys are still harping over the spot function, meanwhile I cant check my freaking stats!!!
How am I supposed to know how many noobs i pwned if I cant check my stats :lol

Menelaus said:
hyperbole

hyperbole

Oh.

Damn. That's quite an attitude you've got there...for a junior.

sflufan

Banned
For those of you who are experiencing connectivity/PunkBuster issues, DICE is in the process of rolling out a new version (R4) of the dedicated server software to its GSP partners. Early reports from the UK indicate that this is significantly reducing or eliminating the connectivity/PunkBuster problems.

BUT...

What is NOT being addressed with R4 is the crashing of servers when slots start to fill up. This has happened to my 32-person server multiple times (apart from the previous connectivity issues). This problem appears to be especially prevalent for those of us using Gameservers as our GSP. DICE is aware of the issue and will address it once R4 has been judged to be stable. Gameservers themselves is adding additional debugging statements so that they can isolate the crash issue.

So, that's the current status of the problems plaguing the game. There are 2 separate issues, both equally as annoying!

Mindlog

Microsoft and Sony suck.

Put the freaking buttons where the fingers are. My pinkie and ring fingers are wasted freeloaders. They'd be spotting maniacs if given the opportunity.

Gully State said:

hmm sucks, oh well, prolly building a new rig this coming xmas (ram/mobo/cpu upgrade, ill keep my 280gtx, psu and drives), or soon after, but thats more for new vegas, sc2, diablo 3.

Binabik15

Nice thread title :lol

I think most of those problems will be sorted when my copy arrives. Maybe not, but I´ll thell myself that having to wait much longer to save some money was worth it.

Mindlog

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
Is anyone else unable to join games? I'm playing the 360. It says no games are available. I highly doubt nobody is playing.

Server problem I'm guessing.

They brought my favorite part of 1943 to BC2? :D

Why did I do this to myself? Skipping the Live card. Buying Tropico instead!

Violater said:
I can't believe you guys are still harping over the spot function, meanwhile I cant check my freaking stats!!!
How am I supposed to know how many noobs i pwned if I cant check my stats :lol

Stats will be fixed,
Store will be fixed,
Spotting needs to be adjusted so we bitch!:D

TaKeRx

Wow, I'm hooked to this game. If anybody want to play some time my GT: STi xTaKeRx (Playing with randoms is not fun btw)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom