• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
BravoSuperStar said:
Spotting is fine in my opinion. If you want it like it was back in the beta, why not just have everyone appear on the radar to begin with? The cooldown system needs to be explained better, but other than that I don't have a problem with it. I was spotting and getting assists with no problem last night.

Yeah, for me I'd always peg an unsuspecting enemy with a spot even before I opened up on them with my SAW. Was really nice to see the spot assist points roll in even when they would get past my fire (as they often do). It seems to require a little more skill and thought then just the "Q hammering" that worked so well in the Beta. Also it's always kinda fun to tell when you've been spotted by the enemy, whenever all the enemies seem to have you in their sights and just keep hammering away no matter where you run you can be pretty sure that someone on the other team has tagged you. Pretty much zero complains for the current system from me.

Beaulieu

Fersis said:
So spotting is harder? I like that.

no man, it's broken.
please read the two last pages.

it seems fine on Pc, but on xbox you cant spot shit. It's not harder. the tank is in front of you, you press "back" and nothing happens.

Nelo Ice

Banned
GhostRidah said:
you are insane or people just throw themselves at you :lol

i've had 100+ knife kills on 360 :lol 83 of them being unique

i remember one game there were 3 ppl on the team just staring at one of the crates so i went rambo and knifed all 3 of them :lol

REV 09

this whole "Cooldown" response is bullshit imo. The game's controls say press "back" to spot and never mentions a cooldown, nor is the player given any feedback or indication that an invisible cooldown meter is the reason why jamming the back button isn't working. Moreover, the entire function of the UAV is useless now. They should make spotting from a UAV, an Aerial vehicle, or while aiming down a sight (no matter the distance) easier and consistent. Randomly spamming the back button should remain less effective.

The bottom line is that without feedback the spotting mechanic has become inconsistent, and in the context that this mechanic is generally used in, inconsistency is unacceptable.

EviLore said:
125 knife kills since yesterday :lol

I really need to get my knife work down. On the GAF server the other night I caught someone unguarded and exposed while using the UAV. By mistake (was still in my first hour of playing) I hit the grenade button instead of the knife button (I have them mapped to mouse buttons right next to each other). I then proceeded to run up and miss with my actual knife attack which put me in perfect position to be killed by my own grenade that I had thrown by accident.

Not exactly my finest hour...

TheFightingFish said:
I really need to get my knife work down. On the GAF server the other night I caught someone unguarded and exposed while using the UAV. By mistake (was still in my first hour of playing) I hit the grenade button instead of the knife button (I have them mapped to mouse buttons right next to each other). I then proceeded to run up and miss with my actual knife attack which put me in perfect position to be killed by my own grenade that I had thrown by accident.

:lol :lol :lol

EviLore said:
125 knife kills since yesterday :lol
:lol

The knife was my #1 weapon in the beta, until the Saiga overtook it. Had 150+ unique dogtags.

REV 09 said:
this whole "Cooldown" response is bullshit imo. The game's controls say press "back" to spot and never mentions a cooldown, nor is the player given any feedback or indication that an invisible cooldown meter is the reason why jamming the back button isn't working. Moreover, the entire function of the UAV is useless now. They should make spotting from a UAV, an Aerial vehicle, or while aiming down a sight (no matter the distance) easier and consistent. Randomly spamming the back button should remain less effective.

The bottom line is that without feedback the spotting mechanic has become inconsistent, and in the context that this mechanic is generally used in, inconsistency is unacceptable.

For whatever reason, even in the PC beta, spotting with the UAV was inconsistent for me. Don't know if that's a design choice, but it is kind of stupid, considering it's the new UAV.

todahawk

Mr. Snrub said:
We should do a day for the GAF server where we make it password protected, to practice flying the choppers, learning the maps, and stat boos--er, have a good time together.

But I'm not part of the PC master race... I'm on PS3

dammit i'm getting tempted to double dip

Mrbob

BloodySinner said:
Anyone else having connectivity issues? Also, getting into a game then getting kicked out minutes later? This being the PC version.

This might be an issue of EA not ready to handle the player load. The Steam version alone is peaking out right now around 15K current players, and this only tracks a handful of people who bought the game. I'm sure most things will get straigtened out over the next couple days.

REV 09 said:

From the beta patch notes on 1/11/10
Added an overheat to spotting to prevent spot and order spamming.

belvedere

Junior Butler
TheFightingFish said:

*High five*

I've been doing the same shit (almost) except I'm throwing a grenade when trying to use the action button on the UAV. It's all Bioshock 2's fault. The "F" key is the action key and it's used for everything. So after switching from that to BC2, I find my self accidentally throwing grenades when entering vehicles. A few teammates from last night had to have been wondering wtf my problem was.

:lol

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
There's only one way to play BFBC2 : War Tapes ON.

Aesius

TheFightingFish said:

That's nothing.

Literally my first 20 seconds of playing the retail game I spotted two guys capturing our flag. I freaked out because I thought I was going to get two easy kills right off the bat, so I shot the first guy, and then the second, and didn't kill either of them. Then, for some reason I reloaded with several bullets still in my magazine. Then I canceled that animation and threw a grenade which landed in front of a concrete barrier, then tried to switch to noob tube and threw an ammo crate at them.

I seriously had 15 seconds to kill both of them and couldn't do it. They finally mowed me down and I just sat there stunned.

I only played a few matches of the Demo and played about 8 games last night. A couple of questions:
Tracer dart? What is that?
That UAV Heli. Does it shoot anything else but a rocket every minute? Thought someone was raining bullets down on me from the thing last night. I could be wrong.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
I love the knife kill dog tags, mainly because it seems to motivate players to try to knife me when they really shouldn't. I've gotten a ton of kills by backpedaling and pulling out my pistol.

Flek

Banned
uh i took some screenshots @ ps3 (select + start) but where did they go !? There are none in the menus and none in my xmb picture folder !?

CheapChampagne

Neo Member
Oh man does it feel good to plant a charge on the 2nd floor of a house then Sega shotguning 5 guys running up the stairs to defuse. :lol

Definitely my highlight of the day.

Aesius said:
That's nothing.

Literally my first 20 seconds of playing the retail game I spotted two guys capturing our flag. I freaked out because I thought I was going to get two easy kills right off the bat, so I shot the first guy, and then the second, and didn't kill either of them. Then, for some reason I reloaded with several bullets still in my magazine. Then I canceled that animation and threw a grenade which landed in front of a concrete barrier, then tried to switch to noob tube and threw an ammo crate at them.

I seriously had 15 seconds to kill both of them and couldn't do it. They finally mowed me down and I just sat there stunned.

I've had these moments. Finally getting used to the controls though. Knifing gates for practice helps out :lol

Just been looking at all the weapon stats. And is there any reason why the Engineer wouldn't choose AKS-74U Krinkov over everything else, once unlocked?

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Mr. Snrub said:
Just been looking at all the weapon stats. And is there any reason why the Engineer wouldn't choose AKS-74U Krinkov over everything else, once unlocked?

Nostalgia from SCAR-L rampages in beta?

Violater

Flek said:
uh i took some screenshots @ ps3 (select + start) but where did they go !? There are none in the menus and none in my xmb picture folder !?

BC1 they went to your pictures folder online.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Flek said:
What?
There are screenshots?

Violater

MrCompletely said:
The dude wasn't convinced there was a cooldown. I'm not 100% convinced that it's broken, it seems to work fine for me (360).

As I am stuck here at work unable to play I am making fun of the whole thing while crying inside.

CheapChampagne said:
Oh man does it feel good to plant a charge on the 2nd floor of a house then Sega shotguning 5 guys running up the stairs to defuse. :lol

Definitely my highlight of the day.

This is the highlight of MY day.

Fersis

Flek said:
yeha like i said just press select + start :D But i still have no idea where to find them :/

picture folder online? What? Where ?
@___@

Thats all kind of awesome.

Fersis

Beaulieu said:
you didnt play bad company 1 did you...
Nope.

Wait, are you guys assuming that because BC1 had that feature BC2 also has it?
Or is it on the game manual?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom