• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I blind because I cant find the fecking serial code anywhere. Poxy EA store..

Edit: Never mind, seems they suspended preorders till friday but if youve already downloaded it but not got the key you can find it
If the cd key is not showing up in your order history @ the ea store site
just open up your registery (regedit in run) and navigate to

hkey_current_user/software/ea/ea core/staging/eadm/eadm/online_content/bfbc2/ergc

REV 09

MrCompletely said:
From the beta patch notes on 1/11/10
you missed my point. There is no in-game feedback given to the player for the cooldown. I don't give two shits what DICE says in their "beta patch release notes".

This is the equivalent to playing a racing game in manual transmission without the game telling you what gear you're in.

Beaulieu

Fersis said:
Nope.

Wait, are you guys assuming that because BC1 had that feature BC2 also has it?
Or is it on the game manual?

I dont know about the manual but it's kinda funny how people are amazed by feature that were there in the version that came out 1 year ago.

Did you know we can also destroy walls ? ;)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Beaulieu said:
I dont know about the manual but it's kinda funny how people are amazed by feature that were there in the version that came out 1 year ago.

I was told that BFBC2 didnt have that feature. Thats why im surprised.

Between the god damned Punkbuster issues and 'connection lost' horse shit, this is frustratingly unplayable right now.

Fix it, EA. Fucking fix it now.

REV 09 said:
this whole "Cooldown" response is bullshit imo. The game's controls say press "back" to spot and never mentions a cooldown, nor is the player given any feedback or indication that an invisible cooldown meter is the reason why jamming the back button isn't working. Moreover, the entire function of the UAV is useless now. They should make spotting from a UAV, an Aerial vehicle, or while aiming down a sight (no matter the distance) easier and consistent. Randomly spamming the back button should remain less effective.

The bottom line is that without feedback the spotting mechanic has become inconsistent, and in the context that this mechanic is generally used in, inconsistency is unacceptable.

*joins in on the whine whine whine team*:lol
Agree on UAV being near useless now (mentioned it a few pages back.)
Especially now that alt fire is also limited, I'm not sure why you'll even want to get on a UAV. Since waiting for the primary fire to reload = major waste of a player's strategic time.

As for the overall spotting situation:
While I agree that the beta/demo spotting was a bit overdone - whatever ambiguous system being implemented now is just ridiculous. While it's true that spotting is not entirely necessary I can't spot a tank 10 feet in front of me cause I just spotted an enemy 2 seconds ago? Come on!

I'm sorry for any squad/players who lacks a mic. Your only form of effective "team communication" now is to play as a recon.
(/ends whine)

That being said, the frustration I have with spotting is now making hardcore mode much more fun.:D

Jeff-DSA

I'm thinking of picking this up today. For those that play (or played) a lot of Modern Warfare 2, does this stand up well? I know they're very different, but I haven't played this since the demo I played at E3 and that was kinda short and limited. Basically I'm sick and tired of Akimbo shotguns and ready to test the waters elsewhere.

Az

Beaulieu said:

Leave Fersis alone, or I'll spot you (If it let's me).

Cheech

Jeff-DSA said:
I'm thinking of picking this up today. For those that play (or played) a lot of Modern Warfare 2, does this stand up well? I know they're very different, but I haven't played this since the demo I played at E3 and that was kinda short and limited. Basically I'm sick and tired of Akimbo shotguns and ready to test the waters elsewhere.

It's a much better multiplayer game than MW2. The maps are actually designed specifically for the game types, which helps tremendously.

I can't log into the stats website, which bugs me. Says my password is invalid, and when I reset it, it says "token required" or something.

Animator

Jeff-DSA said:

It is so much better than mw2. It is not cheap and frustrating like mw2 is and with a good squad its 100000x more fun. For reference I played mw2 every day since it released.

Binabik15

My copy was dispatched today, with the shitty UK->Germany delivery time I expect to play this sometime in April :lol

;_;

Not really, but sometimes it feels like they´re sending it via a guy swimming through the Strait of Dover and jogging through France instead of more modern transportation :lol

Jeff, you will NOT regret switching to the cool guys. Unless you have no soul or hate good games, then I don´t know ;)

MrCompletely said:
From the beta patch notes on 1/11/10

The beta patch note was for adjustments to the PS3 beta though (remember PC beta wasn't out by 1/11). A.k.a. what we got in the pc beta/console demos. Hence, REV 09's argument still stands that there's no explanation as to what exactly changed in terms of the spotting mechanics.

Not to mention, I personally have not seen a changelog for stuff/mechanics that were adjust from pc beta/console demo -> full release.

Billen

Banned
Crap. I have forgotten my password, I don't have the same emailadress anymore and I am sitting here looking at my old profile file with it's hashed password. I want access to my old BF2 char to enter at the login page. Damn. Isn't there any way to decrypt the profile password?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Menelaus said:
Beaulieu = troll to the max

pot-kettle.jpg

Jeff-DSA

Binabik15 said:
Jeff, you will NOT regret switching to the cool guys. Unless you have no soul or hate good games, then I don´t know ;)

Well then, time to drop by Target during lunch...anything to be with the cool guys.

Jeff-DSA said:
To be honest, they play almost the same. The only difference are the vehicles and map size.

I was surprised at how similar the gameplay really is, what I mean is the shooting, loading, etc.

I tried getting into Rainbow Six Vegas after MW and I just couldn't. I was getting my butt kicked and the controls were so difficult to get used to. I could barely shoot anyone. That's not RSV's fault but it was just because I've played MW and W@W so much.

But I had no problems getting into BFBC2. It really just felt like I was playing Call of Duty with bigger maps. I also play much better and average the same amount of kills as MW2 which says a lot for me.

And yeah, no cheap and annoying akimbo dual shotguns, which is a huge plus! And knifing in BFBC2 actually takes skill and it's fun not cheap like MW2.

The spotting is almost useless now. People were barely using it before, and now its almost never.

Dice went from one extreme to the other, ignoring all the comfortable spotting settings in between.

Again, lame bullshit.

At least put a visible timer or something on the screen. It's like the team had crafted a finely-tuned machine and a single fuckwit programmer came in and said "lolz ill fix it!" and smeared his ass all over it.

Snipes424

so what gives with the new spotting system? I was standing 3 feet behind a tank and because 1/2 of a fence was in front of me, it wouldn't allow me to spot the tank.

I thought Hardcore mode was the mode for no spotting, but if normal mode is that unresponsive, than I don't see much of a difference between the two

moojito

It would be awesome if it turned out to have a screenshot system on the 360. I've often stopped at scenic parts of games and wished you could press the middle button on the controller and on that menu have a screenshot option.

CozMick

Banned
moojito said:
It would be awesome if it turned out to have a screenshot system on the 360. I've often stopped at scenic parts of games and wished you could press the middle button on the controller and on that menu have a screenshot option.

The first one did, not sure about the second though.

U2NUMB

moojito said:

What I dream of is a halo/uncharted 2 like video capture feature.

mbmonk

CozMick said:
Could someone answer my previous question?

I think so. I have 'war tapes' coming out my 2 channel steroe system. It isn't a 5.1 feature or anything like that. It's just changes the sound effects .. and it is awesome :)

BigKaboom2 said:
Ok, so if I leave Vertical Fly inverted, it inverts the UAV but not the helis. Pretty annoying.

No kidding. We got someone from GAF to ask a DICE producer about it in a QA session, and he completely skirted the issue.

Binabik15

Jeff-DSA said:
Well then, time to drop by Target during lunch...anything to be with the cool guys.

Good, because we would hate to steal your lunch money and put you in a garbage bin like all those campers.

CozMick

Banned
mbmonk said:
I think so. I have 'war tapes' coming out my 2 channel steroe system. It isn't a 5.1 feature or anything like that. It's just changes the sound effects .. and it is awesome :)

Thanks for the info, that's good to hear.........literally :p

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
OfficialBFBC2 said:
We are working on the PS3 BFBC2 Store issues

Rejoice.
So, could anyone post the 'results' of the PS3 screenshot option?

gkryhewy

FunkyMunkey said:
The spotting is almost useless now. People were barely using it before, and now its almost never.

Dice went from one extreme to the other, ignoring all the comfortable spotting settings in between.

Again, lame bullshit.

At least put a visible timer or something on the screen. It's like the team had crafted a finely-tuned machine and a single fuckwit programmer came in and said "lolz ill fix it!" and smeared his ass all over it.

Agreed completely, and lol.

Spotting is just dumb as it was in bfbc. It should have a refresh rate so the arrow refreshes every 5 seconds (like grabbing the flag/bomb in cod) or you should only show up on the radar. Having an arrow perfectly placed over your head at a perfect rate makes no sense and is cheap. There's no way to balance silly implementation like that. The whole concept needs to be changed...not just distance to spot or how long spotting lasts.

sk3tch

IronFistedChampion said:
EA fix your fucking servers.

I can't level up/unlock shit if I'm getting disconnected in every damn game.

When you guys report problems can you state what platform you're on at least? Region would also help...

CozMick said:
Could someone answer my previous question?

YES!

I have Turtle Beach X1's and played with using War Tapes and the Headphone settings.

You hear a lot more going on using War Tapes, pretty good directional sound and also easy to judge if something is close or further away

mrwilt

I've just about worn out my select button from spamming it while spotting. It feels very weak now, almost doesn't want to come back up anymore. :D
With that said, what a difference spotting is from the original beta to now. It was way too easy in the beta, thought they got it better in the demo, but now it's really hard to spot. That might be a good thing, though. In the beta, once you spotted someone they stayed spotted even if they ducked behind a hill or inside a building. Now I've noticed that the triangle disappears if they find some cover. More realistic I think.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
According to the OP... the M1 Garand can only be unlocked with 1943? That's not right is it?

I thought you just had to have vet status.

cameltoe

the thing about war tapes and headphones to me is I hear way too much of my own footsteps, and they sound like they are behind me....so Im also spinning around for no reason...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom