• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
THIS IS WHY YOU STAY IN THE GODDAMN BASE. ARGHARGHARGHARGHARGHARGH.

Okay, nevermind. We held off A despite the fact they nearly took it a few times. But man, them getting into the first base annoyed the hell out of me. :|

TheSeks

Kibbles said:
Isn't it tied to my account? My old copy was a new copy, I got it on launch day, but the disc ended up not working a while ago.

Then your fine.

Anyway, holding B fourth set on Arica Rush was intense. I take out a dude with the MP442 (James Bond/Craig would be proud) switch from Recon to his kit (tracer SMH).

I start to M14 dudes in the face as I push toward B.

"JJD_ITBA" (a lurker, apparently from Brazil) spawned on me along with some "[MAD]dudenameI'mforgetting." I think JJD armed B, I used the red dot on the M14 to spray and hit and kill a few dudes (SMH for scopes, throws my recoil firing skills off. ARGH!) while they tagged them. I get killed, [MAD] picks me back up and we hold them off (close call on a disarm that I headshotted and prevented the medic reviving him from doing) to push to last set.

But man, that series was a bit annoying along with third set as I kept being shot all over until I got into that base, when I became a wookie/assault/medic triad on the push to last set and never died after that one death. :lol

i dunno, maybe i just haven't been up against one of those crazy awesome teams yet, but the chopper on Oasis Rush hasn't been anything more than a casual annoyance. i mean, sure, in an occasional game, they have a great pilot and gunner, but they just have too far to travel over a very low slope and you can see the chopper coming a mile away. i mean, they're getting shot down with tanks, not even just the aa.

and a big shout out to that team who decided to UAV C4 on Isla Inocentes. hope you enjoyed trying to go uphill with no cover on the final set and damn, that Hind rape was brutal!

Stallion Free said:
Lmao instead of getting kicked tonight, the game let us play for a little over an hour before it all froze us in rapid succession. Wtf is this shit. Also, for all you who are under the illusion that effort was put in porting the BC1 maps here are some screens. The map certainly wasn't rebuilt in the BC2 engine revision, they up-ported it and didn't bother to update the ground textures to deform properly.

http://www.abload.de/img/bfbc2game2010-12-0400-sq9y.jpg

http://www.abload.de/img/bfbc2game2010-12-0400-aqge.jpg

http://www.abload.de/img/bfbc2game2010-12-0400-8pxh.jpg
so i actually checked, looks fine on console!

Dreamgazer said:
Indeed it was.
A sweet revenge to all that UAV/Chopper - c4 bs.
whoa, when did you change your GAF handle? i didn't even notice until just now!

Mœbius

Well this is just swell...

Was really into BC2 some months back, playing with work colleagues every evening - loving the open tactical approach and team-work required.

However I never got around to downloading the VIP code (got the game second hand). Getting hyped for Vietnam and with the prompting of my BC2 playing friends I decided to finally purchase the VIP code and get all the map packs, including the latest one while I'm at it...

Problem is I'm the intervening period I have moved countries, so the credit card on my account, while valid, no longer has a UK billing address - so it's impossible for me to purchase it. Gah! So frustrating.

OldJadedGamer said:
It's really hard to keep a group playing once an old map loads. New maps have a done of peeps on them but the second an older one comes up then 3/4 the people drop.
it hasn't been so bad this weekend... most people seem to stick around now... except for Nelson Bay and White Pass.

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
and a big shout out to that team who decided to UAV C4 on Isla Inocentes. hope you enjoyed trying to go uphill with no cover on the final set and damn, that Hind rape was brutal!

Wait, you mean Laguna Presa, right? Because I remember a slow round there where they tried to snipe until they got a team of 6 or so and then tried to push in. They held on the beach until we mobilized and pushed out.

TheSeks said:
Wait, you mean Laguna Presa, right? Because I remember a slow round there where they tried to snipe until they got a team of 6 or so and then tried to push in. They held on the beach until we mobilized and pushed out.
nope, i mean Isla... Dreamgazer was gunner. must have had 40 kills!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Harvest Day Rush
My entire team spent the entire match outside the MCOMs areas, just camping in the flanks.
At least i got to destroy 3 MCOMs (The only MCOMs my team got before losing like a bunch of pansies)
Playing with randoms is so awesome....

i dunno, maybe i just haven't been up against one of those crazy awesome teams yet, but the chopper on Oasis Rush hasn't been anything more than a casual annoyance. i mean, sure, in an occasional game, they have a great pilot and gunner, but they just have too far to travel over a very low slope and you can see the chopper coming a mile away. i mean, they're getting shot down with tanks, not even just the aa.

It's the tight nature of the base and the placement of the AA, right outside of the view that most Pr0 circle strafers use. It is placed perfectly. Also once you move into the city people in choppers freeze:lol

Had some fun impromptu games with GAF last night, good times. PC GAF has been out in force lately.

Fersis said:
Harvest Day Rush
My entire team spent the entire match outside the MCOMs areas, just camping in the flanks.
At least i got to destroy 3 MCOMs (The only MCOMs my team got before losing like a bunch of pansies)
Playing with randoms is so awesome....

Yeah, I've noticed this with Harvest Day. The wooded area to the right (as attacker) is the new Port Valdez "Wookie Hill". Even tanks will hang back and snipe :-\

nope, i mean Isla... Dreamgazer was gunner. must have had 40 kills!

Nah...only 30 kills in the hind.:lol
Would have been 58 kills at the end of the round if I wasn't booted out.

I changed my handle over the thanksgiving weekend.
Most people have no clue who I am when they see my original handle, so I figured I might as well switch over.

Sanjay

Nabs said:
:lol Spl1nter gets called a hacker in every single game.

Except that one game where we won on harvest day / conquest where it was just Lupurnican and I against team GAF! still don't know how we won that game even though we had no map control what so ever during what felt like most the game.

Sanjay said:
Except that one game where we won on harvest day / conquest where it was just Lupurnican and I against team GAF! still don't know how we won that game even though we had no map control what so ever during what felt like most the game.

Yeah, that was frustrating :lol

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
betweenthewheels said:
At this point in the game's lifecycle, how noob-friendly is it?

Been thinking of picking it up.
If you play with 'randoms' it can be annoying, if you play with GAF it WILL be awesome.

TheSeks

betweenthewheels said:
Why's this? General XBL douchery?

More of us on PS3 than 360 and PC.

PS3:
Strike
Faceless
Dreamgazer
Evolved
Myself
Abu
FERSIS(!)
Olimpia
Starfish Oxide
Numerous lurkers (++5?)

dskillshtown(haven't seen him here in a while)
some other dude with moving tits avatar
Faceless
Yourself(?)

PC
Splinter
Snrub
Two or three others
Along with mumble

PS3: ~14 (6 active players daily or near daily)
360: 5 players off the top of my head, 1 active daily
PC: 5 off the top of my head. 2 active semi-randomly-daily.

I don't know but I kind of really can't stand playing Harvest Day or Heavy Metal. I try and try to get into them but I just can't. Oasis is amazing and Cold War is the shit but no matter how hard I try the other maps just are too boring.

Mully

TheSeks said:
More of us on PS3 than 360 and PC.

PS3:
Strike
Faceless
Dreamgazer
Evolved
Myself
Abu
FERSIS(!)
Olimpia
Starfish Oxide
Numerous lurkers (++5?)

dskillshtown(haven't seen him here in a while)
some other dude with moving tits avatar
Faceless
Yourself(?)

PC
Splinter
Snrub
Two or three others
Along with mumble

PS3: ~14 (6 active players daily or near daily)
360: 5 players off the top of my head, 1 active daily
PC: 5 off the top of my head. 2 active semi-randomly-daily.

There's more than that. I see a bunch of GAFFers who don't really post as much in this thread on Live a lot.

abuC

Mully said:
There's more than that. I see a bunch of GAFFers who don't really post as much in this thread on Live a lot.

Damn shame the PS3/Xbox GAF cant play each other, even though PS3 GAF would roll yall :D

I'd love to see PS3/360 GAF try PC-GAF :lol

PC-BC2-GAF is more like:
Stallion Free
Jenga
ADogChasingCars
Sanjuro
Morningbus
Spl1nter
Anton Sugar
Conceptor
Nabs
s1lversun
derFeef
Cuban Legend

Mully

Cuban Legend said:

PC-BC2-GAF is more like:
Stallion Free
Jenga
ADogChasingCars
Sanjuro
Morningbus
Spl1nter
Anton Sugar
Conceptor
Nabs
s1lversun
derFeef
Cuban Legend

I really need a cheap tower to play this game on PC.

Cuban Legend said:

PC-BC2-GAF is more like:
Stallion Free
Jenga
ADogChasingCars
Sanjuro
Morningbus
Spl1nter
Anton Sugar
Conceptor
Nabs
s1lversun
derFeef
Cuban Legend
Me and Nightman though we usually just play with stupid randoms. :(

betweenthewheels said:
At this point in the game's lifecycle, how noob-friendly is it?

Been thinking of picking it up.

I would say the game is still pretty newbie friendly.
Overall weapon balance is fine, and vehicles are always around to level the playing field.

Just don't start out thinking you can just run and gun everyone off the bat.
Consider staying back until you unlock all your support abilities, find the right gun for yourself, and LEARN TO SPOT.

Cuban Legend said:

PC-BC2-GAF is more like:
Stallion Free
Jenga
ADogChasingCars
Sanjuro
Morningbus
Spl1nter
Anton Sugar
Conceptor
Nabs
s1lversun
derFeef
Cuban Legend

I have three friends (brothers) who are honorary PC GAF, they play with me and Spl1nter so much. And there's a few other gaffers not on that list that I see playing (Chespace, for one).

Been playing Heavy Metal conquest over and over.

Spawned on a squad that was sniping from the top of a wind turbine, but they made it too obvious, so it didn't last too long. That was kind of fun.

Lately, it's just been half the team waiting for the choppers at the base. So I started playing recon and would walk across the map to the outskirts of the other team's deployment and mortar and trace the choppers. None of my team had rockets, or if they did they didn't use them, so the tracers were useless. Unless I traced just as they were taking off, then they'd hang around the base looking for me and wait for it to wear off.

I had one sequence were I sniped the pilot of the apache while it was still on the landing pad like four times within about 10 seconds, meaning four different dudes climbing in and dying.:lol

So that's fun but the biggest problem that map has is that it's only 200 tickets. It's over way too quick. By the time I get to the opposing base, one team has already lost 50 tickets.

This wasn't obvious to me until one night playing with faceless and others. We started out on heavy metal, once that ended Arica conquest was next with it's mind-meltingly boring 300 tickets, per round.

I don't even want to bother with conquest maps that don't have vehicles anymore, they're just so boring.

bean breath said:
Been playing Heavy Metal conquest over and over.

Spawned on a squad that was sniping from the top of a wind turbine, but they made it too obvious, so it didn't last too long. That was kind of fun.

Lately, it's just been half the team waiting for the choppers at the base. So I started playing recon and would walk across the map to the outskirts of the other team's deployment and mortar and trace the choppers. None of my team had rockets, or if they did they didn't use them, so the tracers were useless. Unless I traced just as they were taking off, then they'd hang around the base looking for me and wait for it to wear off.

I had one sequence were I sniped the pilot of the apache while it was still on the landing pad like four times within about 10 seconds, meaning four different dudes climbing in and dying.:lol

So that's fun but the biggest problem that map has is that it's only 200 tickets. It's over way too quick. By the time I get to the opposing base, one team has already lost 50 tickets.

This wasn't obvious to me until one night playing with faceless and others. We started out on heavy metal, once that ended Arica conquest was next with it's mind-meltingly boring 300 tickets, per round.

I don't even want to bother with conquest maps that don't have vehicles anymore, they're just so boring.

Gotta love 1000 ticket servers!

TheSeks

bean breath said:

What? Arica Conquest is just as good as the vehicle maps when people are <D 2.0>ing buildings and RPG's everywhere. You take that back right now. :mad:

betweenthewheels said:
Why's this? General XBL douchery?

Definitely a factor, playing with randoms was more of a chore than fun. I also seldom played with fellow gaffers. BC2 PS3 GAF seems to have a larger, more consistent player base and my PS3 is now my primary gaming platform (till GoW3).

TheSeks said:
What? Arica Conquest is just as good as the vehicle maps when people are <D 2.0>ing buildings and RPG's everywhere. You take that back right now. :mad:
To top it off, it wasn't even a full game. Like 6 on 6, so that's like 600 tickets. Not to mention that I was playing medic and they had medics too so like, 625 tickets give or take, plus two rounds, 1250 damn tickets! Nope, I'm sorry, shit sucks. Arica rush is fine but not conquest.

I switched it up a little just now while playing Heavy Metal again. Same tactics but this time as an engineer w/ tracer gun and rpg's. Much, much, more effective and fun. Only thing that makes it tough, aside from the low ticket count, is the kill-cam and smoke trail from the rockets giving away my position. Might be one of the few times I actually try hardcore mode.

It is damn satisfying tagging a chopper right as the propellers start moving so they have no clue and then biding my time till I switch to rpgs and let the horrible truth be known: that yes, all that time you spent waiting for the chopper was for nothing. I love watching the chopper squirm in the air while the rpg locks on, and then the useless evasive maneuvers they attempt when I'm finally locked on. Sooooo good:D

Each time they finally tracked me down and killed me I got tea bagged.

I think next time I'm going to go for the classic c4 on the parked chopper, that way I won't have to worry about them flying out range.

bean breath said:
To top it off, it wasn't even a full game. Like 6 on 6, so that's like 600 tickets. Not to mention that I was playing medic and they had medics too so like, 625 tickets give or take, plus two rounds, 1250 damn tickets! Nope, I'm sorry, shit sucks. Arica rush is fine but not conquest.

I switched it up a little just now while playing Heavy Metal again. Same tactics but this time as an engineer w/ tracer gun and rpg's. Much, much, more effective and fun. Only thing that makes it tough, aside from the low ticket count, is the kill-cam and smoke trail from the rockets giving away my position. Might be one of the few times I actually try hardcore mode.

It is damn satisfying tagging a chopper right as the propellers start moving so they have no clue and then biding my time till I switch to rpgs and let the horrible truth be known: that yes, all that time you spent waiting for the chopper was for nothing. I love watching the chopper squirm in the air while the rpg locks on, and then the useless evasive maneuvers they attempt when I'm finally locked on. Sooooo good:D

Each time they finally tracked me down and killed me I got tea bagged.

I think next time I'm going to go for the classic c4 on the parked chopper, that way I won't have to worry about them flying out range.

there's almost nothing more hilarious than watching as a chopper takes off, seeing them readying to attack and then *boom* detonating C4

BrLvgThrChmstry said:
Definitely a factor, playing with randoms was more of a chore than fun. I also seldom played with fellow gaffers. BC2 PS3 GAF seems to have a larger, more consistent player base and my PS3 is now my primary gaming platform (till GoW3).

That may be the case for now, but I wonder how many we'll lose once killzone 3 comes around.

(We have no problem getting 6+ on a daily basis right now.)

abuC

Kill of the month for me happened on Heavy Metal earlier. I got out of my tank to repair it when a mortar hit it and killed me, kill cam showed that it was a sniper on one of the wind turbines. I function under a strict code of payback, especially when it comes to useless snipers, so as soon as I spawned I hopped in a blackhawk and flew to where I thought he was at based on the angle he was facing. Sure enough, the dummy was still there waiting to be killed, so I bailed from the blackhawk, this dude had no idea a helicopter just flew over him. I pulled my chute and started floating towards him, I wasn't going to make it onto the turbine but I was close enough that my USAS12 would do the job. I dumped an entire clip on him, and killed him just as I went past him. So he got to watch the kill-cam of me relaxing and floating back down to earth :lol

TheSeks

Dreamgazer said:
That may be the case for now, but I wonder how many we'll lose once killzone 3 comes around.

(We have no problem getting 6+ on a daily basis right now.)

Well, I know Faceless won't bail. I probably won't as KZ3 now has shitty matchmaking (SMH, despite the fact they FINALLY fixed the shit controls). It's a question about the others. Killthee (who is a casual) may bail to KZ3 as him/his group in Uncharted 2 generally will play KZ2.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
abuC said:
Kill of the month for me happened on Heavy Metal earlier. I got out of my tank to repair it when a mortar hit it and killed me, kill cam showed that it was a sniper on one of the wind turbines. I function under a strict code of payback, especially when it comes to useless snipers, so as soon as I spawned I hopped in a blackhawk and flew to where I thought he was at based on the angle he was facing. Sure enough, the dummy was still there waiting to be killed, so I bailed from the blackhawk, this dude had no idea a helicopter just flew over him. I pulled my chute and started floating towards him, I wasn't going to make it onto the turbine but I was close enough that my USAS12 would do the job. I dumped an entire clip on him, and killed him just as I went past him. So he got to watch the kill-cam of me relaxing and floating back down to earth :lol

:lol

TheSeks

Gotta love White Pass Conquest and the other team getting pushed back into their base and stealing their Bradley three times only for them to spawn Engineer and not attempt to push just to kill me. :lol

olimpia84

abuC said:

That's awesome :lol did that happened last night on that close Heavy Metal game?
It was a close one and we were losing by a bunch of tickets but managed to come back :D
Then for the second game both you and dreamgazer quit so I thought our team was going to lose for sure but we managed to snag another close one right at the end! The other team (full of level 50 chopper whores) focused way too much on flying choppers and that's how we got them at the last second by capturing all the flags and just pretty much hiding until the tickets bled (and I swear for some reason in Heavy Metal the tickets bleed faster than other levels so capturing more flags than the other team is key).

TheSeks said:
Well, I know Faceless won't bail. I probably won't as KZ3 now has shitty matchmaking (SMH, despite the fact they FINALLY fixed the shit controls). It's a question about the others. Killthee (who is a casual) may bail to KZ3 as him/his group in Uncharted 2 generally will play KZ2.

Killthee bailed on us loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg ago.

Not sure why I still keep him on my friendlist (as I'm hitting the limit every other day now

TheSeks

Dreamgazer said:
Killthee bailed on us loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg ago.

Nah, Killthee was on a few days ago. For the new maps, I wager. But he probably isn't around much anymore due to the PS3 Jailbreak.

Well I just bought it Last Night for PS3 used on Gamefly, gotta wait for it to get here. This VIP Code thing, what is it and will it affect me playing online?

xKilltheMx said:
Well I just bought it Last Night for PS3 used on Gamefly, gotta wait for it to get here. This VIP Code thing, what is it and will it affect me playing online?

It will not affect you from playing online.

The VIP code is essentially EA's "Project 10 dollars" to prevent people from buying used copies. You would need the code to have official access to the 7 "map packs".

However, since most of the maps are already on disk, you can actually still play the maps in online games. It's just that you will not be able to earn any points in those games, and nothing will go toward your stats.

Gamefly usually keep those things out of their rentals and put everything back in (including an unused VIP code) when they sell the games. Assuming you're lucky that is.

UFRA

I'm about 80% positive I won't be getting KZ3. I was disappointed with the maps all being like super complex mazes and then getting spawn camped every 4 seconds.

I really want to do some matches in this game again since I haven't even played it since the recent patch!

GT5 is consuming my life, plus in the off chance I take a break from GT5 my old MW2 clan dudes beg me to play and I feel bad since I abandoned them for the last 4 months or so.

I promised them to play tonight, but I'd like to jump into BC2 sometime this week with you guys.

UFRA said:
GT5 is consuming my life, plus in the off chance I take a break from GT5 my old MW2 clan dudes beg me to play and I feel bad since I abandoned them for the last 4 months or so.

O

So I just haven't begged hard enough, is that it?:lol

Top Bottom