• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Dreamgazer said:
It will not affect you from playing online.

The VIP code is essentially EA's "Project 10 dollars" to prevent people from buying used copies. You would need the code to have official access to the 7 "map packs".

However, since most of the maps are already on disk, you can actually still play the maps in online games. It's just that you will not be able to earn any points in those games, and nothing will go toward your stats.

Gamefly usually keep those things out of their rentals and put everything back in (including an unused VIP code) when they sell the games. Assuming you're lucky that is.

Ah okay. I appreciate the quick answer because I didnt find anything concrete online.

PedYup

AbuC, sorry I didn´t catch your invite in time. Chopper time at Oasis was great, I´m not bad with tanks or as a gunner but I can´t fly for shit :lol

todahawk

Can't wait to get back to BC2... still need to download the patch.

But I won't be playing much at all until the end of the semester (dec 16). I just aced my research paper (36 pages) so I just need to do well on the final and I'm golden and will be on track to have my master's in the spring.

Miss the gang! T_T

I'm done with Black Ops except for some social matches with a couple of RL friends.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
No BC2 for me until after finals are done next week... I always say "I'll only play for an hour" and then spend four hours when I should be studying! :lol

The other day I jumped on for a bit and was sucking so bad... I have to be in the right frame of mind for Battlefield. I feel bad when I can't make a difference in the game. Rock had like 3000 more points than everyone else two or three games in a row (losses) and I was in the middle of the pack. It was shameful. Fucked up with the vehicles over and over and crashed the apache -- though that was really weird, a fluke, I'm actually getting really good at flying the AC's. :/

todahawk

recklessmind said:
No BC2 for me until after finals are done next week... I always say "I'll only play for an hour" and then spend four hours when I should be studying! :lol

The other day I jumped on for a bit and was sucking so bad... I have to be in the right frame of mind for Battlefield. I feel bad when I can't make a difference in the game. Rock had like 3000 more points than everyone else two or three games in a row (losses) and I was in the middle of the pack. It was shameful. Fucked up with the vehicles over and over and crashed the apache -- though that was really weird, a fluke, I'm actually getting really good at flying the AC's. :/

I know, i've done that too "just a quick game!"

The only thing I can do is hang out here a bit more while I'm at work. At home is all study time and trying to finish project for final crit on tuesday.

Sorry for not accepting the invite tonight calion.
I was going to do quick trophy run with some people on goozex, but I couldn't get the games to connect at all. So I just did some simple trophies with Wes and called it a night.

Amazon 17 days of
crappy
deals day #9 = EA Action Games.

For those who missed the blackfriday/Gamefly deal, you can now get a new copy of the ultimate edition for $26.99 (PS3/X360)

You can support NEOGAF by purchasing it through the affiliated link mentioned here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=390714

(now if only that NFS:HP wasn't just a buck cheaper than Amazon's usual prices.......)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
LovingSteam said:
How much more life do you think this game has?
Lots of people playing right now and Vietnam (Huge game changing DLC) releases December 21th

todahawk

Fersis said:
Lots of people playing right now and Vietnam (Huge game changing DLC) released December 21th

Awesomesauce, i'm gonna have to schedule another battlefield bender (2.0)... i'll be ready to go for the 21st.

abuC

LovingSteam said:

I played BC1 until BC2 came out.

Good games last night with Calion and Rockscar :D. I was going to get back on, but ended up falling asleep.

Evolved1

abuC said:
I played BC1 until BC2 came out.

Good games last night with Calion and Rockscar :D. I was going to get back on, but ended up falling asleep.

Tried to join a few times
just for an hour I swear!
but the server was always full.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
LovingSteam said:

>he thinks BC2 is going to die tomorrow!
> laughinggirls.jpg

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Faceless said:
people still play BC1 and way more people bought this.

This reminds me, Abu and you need to play with me in BC1 one of these weekends.

this is what playing with PCBC2-GAF is like, especially when we raid servers and we end up on both teams.
I <3 my AT4.
TheSeks said:
This reminds me, Abu and you need to play with me in BC1 one of these weekends.
You guys talking about 360 BC1? If so, I'd love to get on some of that oldschool action with GAF buddies...playing with randoms doesnt give much incentive to withstand the abuse BC1 can dish out sometimes.

TheSeks

Mully said:
Does anyone know where I could get a 360 copy for cheap? I am getting a craving for some End of the Line.

Gamestop has it for $12 or so now. Used. But you're not going to find a new copy most anywhere anymore. Gold edition used is probably $15 or so, but not bad.

Faceless said:
that's what Seks plays.

Yep. I "jumped out" after my second 360 died and XBL turned into "X-box Digital Video Recorder." No reason for me to buy BC1/2 on a console that'll break a year after I got it fixed to the same fucking error (GPU failure) again.

Evolved1

BrLvgThrChmstry said:
any BC2 PS3 GAF playing tonight? ...add me.

I looked, you aren't on the list... is your gaf & PSN handle the same?

TheSeks

betweenthewheels said:
Is there any bonus content for buying this new over used?

VIP code.
Ultimate Edition stuff.

Otherwise, no?

TheSeks

betweenthewheels said:
Ultimate Edition stuff too? Includes 1943 and some other modes?

I was confused about Ultimate Edition, if it was a different SKU or something

It is a different SKU. But UE is the newest SKU at Retail. Unless you're getting the old edition for new, but that's rare.

Evolved1

Dreamgazer said:
I need to help out a friend with some grand final project tonight T_T.

I'll hope on around 10 to play a few short rounds though.

Big gaf showing tonight... I got kicked though... but that's probably for the best, I have a final in the morning.

abuC

Dreamgazer said:
Damn it today is like the worst day ever....
Miss out on the "BIG" game....

About 9 GAFers on the same team in conquest, the ticket count was usually like 150-0 by the end of the game :lol The ass kicking on Panama canal was so much that the server kicked everyone out.

Oh, and sorry I couldn't join Crack, JJD_ITBA invited me into that game, if I left he would have been by himself.

Calion

Great games Crak and JM. Sorry I had to bail out, I needed to grab something to eat.

Loved those 2 Cold War games and the "Yeti Mountain" nickname. :lol

TheSeks

Sorry, guys. I'm coming down sick, so I only got on to B-Spec in GT5 before my TV shows came on.

Sounds like a bunch of people were on, so hopefully you guys did good.

TheSeks

abuC said:
Get a DVR!

:lol I would, but it isn't my choice. Hulu is good for most of them, except two. So I generally just watch them when they air.

Lol, WTH.

No_Style said:
Ah. Sorry for abandoning you in that game. Didn't know you were a GAF player. :/

Faceless, were you having net issues? PSN issues?

No worries, dude. Had fun playing tonight. I've come to the conclusion Heavy Metal (conquest) and Cold War (Rush) are my favorites (for the time being). Had a few awesome games with JM(Something), Dreamgazer, and Jtrizzy.

And I finally pulled off it; destroyed a helicopter using a tank on Heavy Metal.

Mully

Cannot stand playing with randoms. For the past 4 games, I have joined into games where my team has gotten slaughtered. I just rage quited on Port Valdez because some asshole in my squad does not know how to use the T-90. He would sit in the spawn and try to snipe guys with the tank. I would yell to move up, he wouldn't listen.

I finally get hold of the tank, he jumps in gunner seat and tries to shoot down buildings with the .50 cal. I hate fucking randoms. You're not doing it right fuckheads!

BrLvgThrChmstry said:
Lol, WTH.

No worries, dude. Had fun playing tonight. I've come to the conclusion Heavy Metal (conquest) and Cold War (Rush) are my favorites (for the time being). Had a few awesome games with JM(Something), Dreamgazer, and Jtrizzy.

And I finally pulled off it; destroyed a helicopter using a tank on Heavy Metal.

You were also playing with CrackAtack, Wes, fredy in that game.:D

Today was fun, the best part was Jm popping out of nowhere :lol

I would have played a bit longer, but my schedule got in the way.

Thursday I'm watching a movie and Friday I'm watching a movie and eating out. I'll try to make it though if 2-3 people is playing.

It's cool abu/calion. When servers crash I always reinvite the same squad (if anybody didn't notice) and start up a rush game. Our buddy freddy took your spot real quick :lol

Sorry dantheman for not responding. We made a game already before your message was sent and I was too lazy to respond back.

looks like my ISP issues were finally settled, good games eight quid! i especially loved our comeback on Panama Canal from being down like 70-140 to win by 7. the best part though, was after the game ended and one of the top guys on the other team sent me a message, and it simply said "GG". i was pleasantly surprised!

Top Bottom