• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
TheSeks said:
GT5P update done, come on sleepy head. Boot BC2 already.

Edit: WTF Heavy Metal loading freezes the game.

Why did you update GT5P?

edit: Sorry for the off topic (for those who have this) at the top of the new page. :/

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
"boreman2579" is a spoiled fucking manchild and needs to get the fuck back to Halo.

Jesus Christ, I hate playing this game unless there is 12 GAF people on at a time, I swear. :|

Zezboob

Thanks for the advices about the weapons, I will check it.

(and yes, Carl Gustav is a secure classic)

Spl1nter said:
What class?
Well, any class, I change of class according to the situation... like anybody, right ?:D

Pennybags

Coldsnap said:
Yea, I suck too but I will occasionally get lucky. What is your gamertag? I will look for you on the list, I am ColdsnapBryan

Gluon Gunner

I long for the day that BC Vietnam comes out to divert the attention of some of my friends away from Black Ops for a while. Not that I don't enjoy it, but I get burnt out on long stretches of Duty.

I managed to get someone out of that dark void for a brief moment to try out the new maps. We had fun fighting on Harvest Day, Cold War, and Heavy Metal... until Oasis happened. Then there was much bitching about circle-strafing death. Back to CoD for him until Vietnam releases.

TheSeks

recklessmind said:
Why did you update GT5P?

To see that special cheat code thingy. Spec 2 apparently doesn't work with it. :/

Faceless said:
i'll be on in like an hour

:| You missed, Olimpia, Myself, Abu, and their two friends dominating and emptying a server. Then switching to Atacama Conquest to where I fly over to the enemy base, Abu takes the chopper and me and him circle strife as we hold all the flags (no one was in there, so...) Of course, it was me trying to circle strife as Abu took their chopper, made me the pilot and shakily piloted it.

Sorry, Abu. I suck at the attack choppers. :lol

abuC

TheSeks said:
To see that special cheat code thingy. Spec 2 apparently doesn't work with it. :/

:| You missed, Olimpia, Myself, Abu, and their two friends dominating and emptying a server. Then switching to Atacama Conquest to where I fly over to the enemy base, Abu takes the chopper and me and him circle strife as we hold all the flags (no one was in there, so...) Of course, it was me trying to circle strife as Abu took their chopper, made me the pilot and shakily piloted it.

Sorry, Abu. I suck at the attack choppers. :lol

That's why I gave you the chopper, practice when nobody is looking :lol

TheSeks

abuC said:
That's why I gave you the chopper, practice when nobody is looking :lol

I can sort-of circle strife now. Sort-of. Going left = crashing. :lol Doing it right-wards, I can do but really wide and not too fast. And then getting out of it is a bit of an issue.

And it's sort-of:

Left-Stick: Right-Hold then release
Right stick: Upupdowndownupupdowndownupdowndown (trying to keep it level)

I'm not sure if changing controls would make circling easier. But sort-of doing it that way gave me a level up. Now if I could figure out what the point of yaw (left right on left stick) is for other than that...

abuC

TheSeks said:
I can sort-of circle strife now. Sort-of. Going left = crashing. :lol Doing it right-wards, I can do but really wide and not too fast. And then getting out of it is a bit of an issue.

And it's sort-of:

Left-Stick: Right-Hold then release
Right stick: Upupdowndownupupdowndownupdowndown (trying to keep it level)

I'm not sure if changing controls would make circling easier. But sort-of doing it that way gave me a level up. Now if I could figure out what the point of yaw (left right on left stick) is for other than that...

I used the BC1 setup for awhile, but then I went with default. I notice that you can't get as much speed going in a circle as you can with R2 being ascend. Also with the right stick you can't do a complete spin in place either

TheSeks

abuC said:
I used the BC1 setup for awhile, but then I went with default. I notice that you can't get as much speed going in a circle as you can with R2 being ascend. Also with the right stick you can't do a complete spin in place either

So I should change my controls then? I'm too used to having L/R2 being raise/descend on the UAV/Blackhawk/Tanks/ATV to reallly change them just for one vehicle just so someone is in it and those (like you, that are good at it) steal our attack chopper. :lol

Foil

How's the PS3 player base for BC2? I played the hell out of the beta/demo until my PS3 decided to blow up, finally getting a Slim with BC2. Is there still a healthy amount of people online?

abuC

TheSeks said:
So I should change my controls then? I'm too used to having L/R2 being raise/descend on the UAV/Blackhawk/Tanks/ATV to reallly change them just for one vehicle just so someone is in it and those (like you, that are good at it) steal our attack chopper. :lol

Try it out and see how you do, and the more people in the GAF army that can fly the better, that way you'll be able to steal it yourself if one of us cant.

You get more speed with R2, cause you don't have to balance it like with the stick. The swing you get is a lot faster.

TheSeks

Foil said:
How's the PS3 player base for BC2? I played the hell out of the beta/demo until my PS3 decided to blow up, finally getting a Slim with BC2. Is there still a healthy amount of people online?

Most of us defected to other games, but there are still players. Give it a month or two and I'm sure the "new game smell" of GT5/Black Ops/etc. will bring the others back.

Today this morning we had about... 6-11(?) people on our side. So there is still a playerbase on GAF. In the evenings you'll probably find 5-6 of us playing if we aren't busy/burned out and playing GT5 etc.

Abu said:
Try it out and see how you do, and the more people in the GAF army that can fly the better, that way you'll be able to steal it yourself if one of us cant.

I guess I'll fuck about in Onslaught with it. Sure, that isn't the best way to learn, but it should give me a feel for the controls.

I really wish DICE had a separate "flight control" option like Bungie did for Halo. You want to invert the sticks in only the Banshee/air-vehicle? Option to do that.

Edit: Nevermind. I'm an idiot. There is air controls and scheme. Good job, DICE.

Okay, I can sort-of see the advantage behind "Bad Company 1" Left Stick Ascend/Descend and Yaw while Right stick is pitch and aiming. I can circle strife sort-of easier with that, but I seem slow with it (and I feel awkward with it. I guess 9+ months with "default" controls does that to you) and I'm not too sure how jazzed I'd be using this while piloting the blackhawk in circles for the gunner. But I can see why you'd use it, Abu.

That and R1/R2 for fire modes is pretty nice, admittedly.

Going to try lefty and the other ones.

Lefty is meh. It switches the controls and Raise->Fire your missiles while in the attack chopper is awkward and stupid. I'm not sure who the hell would use that one. :/

Lefty Bad Company 1 doesn't seem too bad, but "switching stick" functions may make it similar to lefty-default sticks. :/

Lefty BC1 slows me down as well. :/

So it's either BC1 or Default or maybe switching the stick functions. Still, I think default is probably the way I'll go, even if it doesn't make me too agile in the attack chopper. Minus Atacama and Heavy Metal Conquest and Oasis Rush, I don't think I'd run into too many air-to-air battles? With the exception of blackhawk vs Hin-D on Ilsa Innocentes Rush.

Flipping sticks = Yeah, no. I just slammed into the ground two minutes after take off. :lol

Edit10: AH-HAH! BC1 -> Upwards left on left-stick and then right-ish on the right stick. = strife. I can't do it too well, but I now see what Evolved meant by "there is a control scheme that does it somewhat easy." Now I don't have as much respect for those that are able to circle on a dime if they use this scheme. Doing it on default takes a bit of work. :lol

Edit 11: Okay, I'm right-circling some-what-okay. The real graduation lesson is circling left. I don't think I've seen anyone circle-strife left. It seems like it's impossible to do as using BC1 you're too slow strifeing that way. :/

Edit 12: Okay, I can sort-of fly the Blackhawk and pitch it to where the gunner in the strife (left gunner for example strafing right) will be raised and sort-of protected, but I'm not too sure how useful that is. Blackhawk circling is pretty slow as well.

I think I should just stick to Default controls and go from there. I'm more comfortable with it but I can see the advantage of BC1's.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Lmao instead of getting kicked tonight, the game let us play for a little over an hour before it all froze us in rapid succession. Wtf is this shit. Also, for all you who are under the illusion that effort was put in porting the BC1 maps here are some screens. The map certainly wasn't rebuilt in the BC2 engine revision, they up-ported it and didn't bother to update the ground textures to deform properly.

bfbc2game2010-12-0400-sq9y.jpg

bfbc2game2010-12-0400-aqge.jpg

bfbc2game2010-12-0400-8pxh.jpg

Sanjay

Great games, had two full squads on the same team, we nearly had oasis but god damn the game crashed 1 by 1 for most the team :mad:

TheSeks

Stallion Free said:
Also, for all you who are under the illusion that effort was put in porting the BC1 maps here are some screens. The map certainly wasn't rebuilt in the BC2 engine revision, they up-ported it and didn't bother to update the ground textures to deform properly.

Who said that? Honestly, moving the crates from inside buildings to the outside and adding a few cover pieces and moving the anti-air from a building to the outside of the base (despite there being anti-air on <D 2.0> buildings in fucking Port Valadez Conquest FFS), should've clued people in that it was a quick port job with a few retextures for BC2 feeling. :lol

Dr.Acula

Banned
Stallion Free said:
Lmao instead of getting kicked tonight, the game let us play for a little over an hour before it all froze us in rapid succession. Wtf is this shit. Also, for all you who are under the illusion that effort was put in porting the BC1 maps here are some screens. The map certainly wasn't rebuilt in the BC2 engine revision, they up-ported it and didn't bother to update the ground textures to deform properly.

http://www.abload.de/img/bfbc2game2010-12-0400-sq9y.jpg

[img]http://www.abload.de/img/bfbc2game2010-12-0400-aqge.jpg

[img]http://www.abload.de/img/bfbc2game2010-12-0400-8pxh.jpg[/QUOTE]

Whew, thought my video card was dying. Turns out it was just BC2.

Played Harvest Day Conquest with Olimpia, AbuC and Crack.

At first I ran engineer like most people, but I wasn't doing all that good taking out tanks in the open...

So I switched over to my usual Assault-Recon class with v.elect and man did it make a huge difference. The change made capturing bases so much easier since you never know where a camper might be hiding.:D

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Stallion Free said:

What am I supposed to see on these screens? Looks like some random graphical glitches. I've played Oasis A LOT in bfbc1 and it looks quite different.

Nabs

Sanjay said:
Great games, had two full squads on the same team, we nearly had oasis but god damn the game crashed 1 by 1 for most the team :mad:
that really sucked. i wanted to make an nvidia joke when stall crashed, but i'm glad i held back.

had fun though.

subversus said:
What am I supposed to see on these screens? Looks like some random graphical glitches. I've played Oasis A LOT in bfbc1 and it looks quite different.

there's some magic eye shit going on with the textures. i had the same problems. it's hard to capture with screenshots.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
subversus said:
You are suppose to see how they didn't update the map to support the ground deformation used in BC2 and it looks fucking terrible. That stuff can be found all over the map after battles and it looks sloppy as hell. They get a pass because it was free though and the actual map design is still tight.

subversus

Playing Heavy Metal against a team of 50s while you're on a team of 30s isn't fun. Snipers dominate. Also people not using buggies on this map are dumb.

all in al lI think the map sucks but playable with a decent team.

Mully

subversus said:
Playing Heavy Metal against a team of 50s while you're on a team of 30s isn't fun. Snipers dominate. Also people not using buggies on this map are dumb.

all in al lI think the map sucks , but playable with decent team.

There needs to be more tanks, less helicopters, more people, and more buildings for that map to even be worthy to play.

subversus

Mully said:
There needs to be more tanks, less helicopters, more people, and more buildings for that map to even be worthy to play.

yes, that's when 64 people are needed.

Stallion Free said:

http://www.abload.de/img/bfbc2game2010-12-0400-sq9y.jpg[/img

[img]http://www.abload.de/img/bfbc2game2010-12-0400-aqge.jpg[/img

[img]http://www.abload.de/img/bfbc2game2010-12-0400-8pxh.jpg[/img[/QUOTE]

All the new maps do this for me.

Stallion Free said:
BC1 Oasis is designed pretty close to BC2, but the map is nowhere close to an up-port. i could go on for days about all the changes in the map geometry, layouts, buildings, etc... in fact, the paved road on that part of the map isn't even paved in BC1, it's just a dirt road.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
The Faceless Master said:
BC1 Oasis is designed pretty close to BC2, but the map is nowhere close to an up-port. i could go on for days about all the changes in the map geometry, layouts, buildings, etc... in fact, the paved road on that part of the map isn't even paved in BC1, it's just a dirt road.
Then that's even more pathetic. If it was an up-port they would have an excuse.

Cmagus

This is going to seem like a major noob question but I just got this game not to long ago and I have been unlocking somethings I got a new weapon but I for the life of me cannot figure how to equip it.On the main game window I still only have one gun to choose from and I am not sure if I need to be doing something to use it?

olimpia84

It was good playing again last night after a month break. Expect to see me playing more often now (daily) :D
I like all the new maps, I've never played the BF series before so I guess this is a taste of what's to come in BF3. Huge maps + more players seems like great fun

Cmagus said:
This is going to seem like a major noob question but I just got this game not to long ago and I have been unlocking somethings I got a new weapon but I for the life of me cannot figure how to equip it.On the main game window I still only have one gun to choose from and I am not sure if I need to be doing something to use it?

What weapon is it? Maybe it's only available for a certain class and that's why it's not letting you use it.

delirium said:
It's been a while since I've played BC2 but is it me or do the guns feel like they do more damage and running is now a lot faster?

Also anyone here play on PC, most of my BC2 game friends don't anymore.
Lots of us here play on PC we usually have 8 or more playing, using the PC-GAF mumble server[/URL/steam to communicate/coordinate our meet-ups. Playtime's on weeknights usually vary from 5PM-2AM EST, weekends we play more often.

Join us now if you like, we've got almost 8 of us in here...

DSN2K

got this game a couple of days ago, first thing Ive noticed is standard guns you start with are fucking awful, I'm at a Massive disadvantage till I get a scoped gun what seems to take a while.

Sure people have moaned about this before but balance here is all wrong, New players don't have a hope in hell.

Secondly the LAG in this game is shocking, I remember BattleField 2 running far better then this with 64 Players!!!

DSN2K said:
got this game a couple of days ago, first thing Ive noticed is standard guns you start with are fucking awful, I'm at a Massive disadvantage till I get a scoped gun what seems to take a while.

Sure people have moaned about this before but balance here is all wrong, New players don't have a hope in hell.

Secondly the LAG in this game is shocking, I remember BattleField 2 running far better then this with 64 Players!!!
the guns you start with aren't worse, other people have just been playing the game more. the scopes aren't a per gun thing btw, they're a spec1 unlock. new players don't have a hope because there's just so much to learn, oh, and the magnum ammo spec2 doesn't help either.

Spl1nter

Cuban Legend said:
Spl1nter, Mr. Srub and more of us are now playing, rocking the New map servers! :D

Join us in the PCBC2-GAF Mumble server!

That was a good set of games. Better team won :D

That one bullshit disconnect on harvest day conquest when I was dominating.... :lol

A Dog Chasing Cars said:
Do you PC guys mind playing with a newbie? Just got the game 2 weeks ago, and I'm still pretty bad.

Of course not, join on up when we play.

derFeef said:
Ah, looks like I was too late, only played two rounds with you guys.

Yeah, saw you playing. You should join us on Mumble, had 6 or so people in there. We'd been playing a few hours, gonna take a break.

subversus said:
Heavy Metal and Cold War too? I guess it proves that it's some map-related graphical glitch.
Heavy Metal especially. I'll try to get some screens. It's pretty bad on HM because the textures are huge. Luckily it's pretty rare.

AnimatorZombie

Neo Member
DSN2K said:

My most used Assault rifles are the M-16 (last unlock) and the AEK (default gun).

Like someone else said, you are at a disadvantage from an experience standpoint. In a couple weeks, you'll be trudging behind enemy lines with nothing but a tracer dart and a knife and you'll figure out how to make it work. It's the Battlefield way.

charsace

DSN2K said:

Its not the scope that is the problem. The aiming in BC2 takes time to get down. You have to be economical with your shooting in this game.

Wow Crak, just checked your stats and you've played almost 500hrs! :O

I just started to get back into today and still haven't lost my touch. :p I kinda like the new maps so far. Harvest day is friggin huuuge. I need to start playing with Gaffers again so let me know if you wanna play on ps3.

Top Bottom