• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
eternaLightness said:
Wow Crak, just checked your stats and you've played almost 500hrs! :O

I just started to get back into today and still haven't lost my touch. :p I kinda like the new maps so far. Harvest day is friggin huuuge. I need to start playing with Gaffers again so let me know if you wanna play on ps3.

We generally start playing around 6 or 7PM EST. Crack generally shows up at around 10PM EST. Really, you have no excuse not to check around those times and join someone on Evolved or Dream's list.

Halo avatar said:
got this game a couple of days ago, first thing Ive noticed is standard guns you start with are fucking awful, I'm at a Massive disadvantage till I get a scoped gun what seems to take a while.

LOLWUTPEAR.jpg

Default guns are fine. AEK's iron sights being shit not withstanding.

You're only at a "disadvantage" because you don't have Magnum Ammo and the higher level players generally have that slapped on 99% of their guns. 1% using armor, otherwise you're on the balance with everyone. One less/more bullet doesn't unbalance the guns.

9A-91 (the default engineer gun) is a pretty beastly weapon. M91 (or M95? forget the designation, the default sniper) is good too, as it the AEK and the Medic starting gun.

There's really no "unbalance," in the game. Just people (mostly me) bitching about how most players are using one perk and that makes it lopsided for those of us that try to use others. :lol

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
DSN2K said:
got this game a couple of days ago, first thing Ive noticed is standard guns you start with are fucking awful, I'm at a Massive disadvantage till I get a scoped gun what seems to take a while.

Sure people have moaned about this before but balance here is all wrong, New players don't have a hope in hell.

Secondly the LAG in this game is shocking, I remember BattleField 2 running far better then this with 64 Players!!!

Starting weapons are some of the best in the game. Every gun kills.

Couple LMG's are shit... one of the SMG's is shit... I think the SVU is shit... but everything else is pretty interchangeable. Starting SMG is pretty godly once you get the hang of it. Reminds me of the "thumpers" from Borderlands. Probably be my next platinum (after the CG, need 10 more kills).

Use body armor once it's available, imo, it negates the MAG ammo advantage high level people have. I use MAG (sorry Seks) but I lose 1 vs. 1 to BA often enough.

I used to think some weapons were way better than others, but now I go out of my way to use "bad" weapons and honestly haven't seen much drop in my play. Occasionally I'm getting killed by guys w/ <10% health but I'm thinking that's more to do with hit recognition/lag issue since the patch than the weapons I'm using.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
DSN2K said:

Sure people have moaned about this before but balance here is all wrong, New players don't have a hope in hell.

Secondly the LAG in this game is shocking, I remember BattleField 2 running far better then this with 64 Players!!!
Im at level 37 and i use the Assault default rifle with no scope or red dot.

Calion

DSN2K said:

The only starting weapon I'm not a fan of is the PKM, the rest of the starting arsenal is actually pretty good. If those don't suit you accordingly, the SAW, SCAR, and XM8 (Next guns unlocked in each class respectively) are all very solid.

delirium

It's been a while since I've played BC2 but is it me or do the guns feel like they do more damage and running is now a lot faster?

Also anyone here play on PC, most of my BC2 game friends don't anymore.

TheSeks

delirium said:
It's been a while since I've played BC2 but is it me or do the guns feel like they do more damage and running is now a lot faster?

Just you. Unless you are running into players and equipping yourself with lightweight and Magnum Ammo.

delirium said:

Also anyone here play on PC, most of my BC2 game friends don't anymore.
Lots of us here play on PC we usually have 8 or more playing, using the PC-GAF mumble server to communicate during our meet-ups. Playtime's on weeknights usually vary from 5PM-2AM EST, weekends we play more often.

Join us now if you like, we've got almost 8 of us in here... look through the last 2-3 pages, we've posted some of our steam links so PC-GAF can add us. http://steamcommunity.com/id/Cuban_Legend That's my steam.

Started playing today for pretty much the first time and I stink :(. Coming from Black Ops is making it worse. I'm so use to the run and gun in your face no teamwork game that this is difficult for me to adapt. Any pointers?

Evolved1

LovingSteam said:
Started playing today for pretty much the first time and I stink :(. Coming from Black Ops is making it worse. I'm so use to the run and gun in your face no teamwork game that this is difficult for me to adapt. Any pointers?

Play with us. What version do you have?

mr_nothin

Banned
Is anybody getting disconnected a lot? PC version here.
I keep getting disconnected not just from the game server but the EA servers altogether. I just got a new video card and now I'm getting disconnected.

GREAT

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
A Dog Chasing Cars said:
Thanks for letting me play a couple games with you guys. Sorry for being terrible the whole time though. :D
Np, GGs all around, especially that last one. It felt damn good rolling through them, Spl1nter leading the way.

bfbc2game2010-12-0423-3bol.jpg

TheSeks

LovingSteam said:

Yes.

Stop playing it like Call of Duty. It isn't it.

Throw out ammo
Throw out medic kits
Repair tanks (if the teammate isn't an idiot, he won't run off)
SPOT SPOT SPOT. DEAR GOD SPOT.

PLAY ALL CLASSES. IF THERE IS A DEFERENCE IN ONE CLASS, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SWITCH!

In addition to that, if you're a recon, DON'T SIT THE FUCK AROUND AND PLAY ONLY RECON IF A TANK IS IN YOUR FUCKING BASE RAPING IT.

AKA: Play as a team, but this should be a "No, duh" thing. Welcome to the light, my child. Now get ready for a superior to CoD experience and wish CoD was like this. :(

Evolved said:
Which version?

LovingSteam

He's one of those dirty PC gamers, boys! GET HIM!
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

TheSeks

LovingSteam said:
Dumbass question but what can I do as a medic until I actually qualify for the first aid kits?

Shoot people. Or make a Battlefield Hero's account (don't have to play) link it to your BC2 account, and unlock the class items instantly.

Is there a GAF server

There was on launch, that fell through IIRC. PCGAF/Steam group uses mumble and sets up times. You can just play with them.

Edit: And I know Faceless and the rest of you are playing, but it's late (Faceless didn't get on at 10 or hell 9. :() and I haven't been feeling so hot lately. Which is why I'm playing GT5. Sorry to not play with you guys, I'm sure you really need me. (;))

TheSeks said:
Shoot people. Or make a Battlefield Hero's account (don't have to play) link it to your BC2 account, and unlock the class items instantly.

There was on launch, that fell through IIRC. PCGAF/Steam group uses mumble and sets up times. You can just play with them.

Edit: And I know Faceless and the rest of you are playing, but it's late (Faceless didn't get on at 10 or hell 9. :() and I haven't been feeling so hot lately. Which is why I'm playing GT5. Sorry to not play with you guys, I'm sure you really need me. (;))

I have an account but how do I link it?

TheSeks

LovingSteam said:
I have an account but how do I link it?

EA.com, Veterans thingy on BC2. If you're using the same account, it should link them automatically. otherwise you'll need to choose the games you are using for Veterans and link them through that. NOTE this may take a day or two or an hour. EA is slow. But from them on if you use those linked accounts in future battlefield titles you don't need to worry about vet status unlocks. (And you'll get the M1 and 1942/43 Machine Gun in addition to the kit unlocks to boot!)

Also note this would just give you the kit, not the defib. You'll have to unlock that.

abuC

Good games tonight, we lost our first match on Oasis and then after that we won about 8 straight before I left. I really like Cold War, we destroyed the attacking team too, they couldn't even get down the hill. We had a bunch of snipers down by the crates, and then about 6 of us pushed all the way up to the boundary line, it was a massacre :D

abuC said:
Good games tonight, we lost our first match on Oasis and then after that we won about 8 straight before I left. I really like Cold War, we destroyed the attacking team too, they couldn't even get down the hill. We had a bunch of snipers down by the crates, and then about 6 of us pushed all the way up to the boundary line, it was a massacre :D

During the Harvest Day attack round I got nemesis pins against 3 kids.
They got so freaking mad at one point that they all chased after and killed me, shot my dead body, tea-bag, etc etc............while the M-com I just armed was about to blow.:lol

TheSeks said:
i was cooking! and then eating! hey, you were jiving... i'm not complaining!

abuC said:
that Cold War defense was hilarious! all i did was sit back, throw sensors, snipe people and drop mortars. i got on the 2nd floor HMG for a bit to clear trees and then went back to snipering when some guy shot an RPG a bit too low. his next shot took out the MG, good thing i moved!

just got finished. after everyone bailed on Nelson Bay, we got a pretty nice Harvest Day -> Port Valdez -> Harvest Day map rotation. then White Pass showed up and we all quit after winning on attack :lol :lol :lol

Jtrizzy got hatemail! he was on the UAV on Harvest Day from the start of the game to the end!

Nabs

Stallion Free said:
Np, GGs all around, especially that last one. It felt damn good rolling through them, Spl1nter leading the way.

:lol Spl1nter gets called a hacker in every single game.

A Dog Chasing Cars said:
Thanks for letting me play a couple games with you guys. Sorry for being terrible the whole time though. :D

ggs

TheSeks

Jtrizzy said:
Yeah that was awesome, I've been looking forward to receiving some good hate mail.

I'm curious what it said. "WTF YOU HACKER GET OFF THE UAV?"

Faceless said:
hey, you were jiving...

Damn right I was dancing all night long before I started to drive virtual cars. Wait, what? ;)

No but, seriously, I needed the break and I probably will be on this evening around 7PM if you're on. Otherwise I'm going to grind cash in GT5 before the GT Academy Time Trials start on Monday for free cars.

Nabs said:
:lol Spl1nter gets called a hacker in every single game.

One time Spl1nter and I were playing and another gaffer was on the opposing team...he quietly accused Spl1nter of hacking to me :lol Spl1nter's just Canadian, not a hacker.

TheSeks

glaurung said:
Just popped the game into my PS3 after two weeks and the new update is over 1.7 GB.

What gives?

Previous updates + Oasis/Harvest Day/Cold War/Heavy Metal ++ Vietnam Maps (releases on the 21st for $15)

Mr. Snrub said:
Spl1nter's just Canadian, not a hacker.

So you're saying Canadians can't be hackers?! I still don't trust the beady eyed flappy mouth motherfuckers. ;) :lol

TheSeks

Kibbles said:
Thanks, I jumped in and bought. Heck that price is about as cheap, if not cheaper than what they are going for used on ebay. Finally going to get back in this game. :D

I hope you have a VIP code still. :x

TheSeks

Spl1nter said:
Are power comes from the copious amounts of maple syrup we consume

Defintely not from your English skills. "Our," dude. "Our!" ;p

Anyway, I may be playing tonight for an hour or two if Faceless gets his butt on. Otherwise I may just GT5 or SSF4.

Evolved1

Pretty tired atm because I was diving most of the day... too tired to deal with circle strafers. Sorry Rock, had to bail.

Need to eat something/get an hour of sleep and I'll be back later.

Cal, sorry to bolt just as you got on.

The Faceless Master said:
just got finished. after everyone bailed on Nelson Bay, we got a pretty nice Harvest Day -> Port Valdez -> Harvest Day map rotation. then White Pass showed up and we all quit after winning on attack :lol :lol :lol

It's really hard to keep a group playing once an old map loads. New maps have a done of peeps on them but the second an older one comes up then 3/4 the people drop.

Calion

recklessmind said:
Pretty tired atm because I was diving most of the day... too tired to deal with circle strafers. Sorry Rock, had to bail.

Need to eat something/get an hour of sleep and I'll be back later.

Cal, sorry to bolt just as you got on.

It's perfectly fine. We pretty much got rocked by the Hind on the third set. :lol Congrats on getting SCUBA certified BTW.

TheSeks

Noisepurge said:
what the hell is up with all them Engineers now. Played a couple of matches and 90% of players were engineers...

Apparently Engineer is too good now, which is crazy because I die to Assaults and Recons and Medics as an Engineer. :/

Noisepurge said:
what the hell is up with all them Engineers now. Played a couple of matches and 90% of players were engineers...

Two reasons:
1)Most of the new maps are vehicle-heavy, so people figured it would be best to go engineer.
2)Scoped M14/G3 + Carl Gustav is the new overhyped "killing machine" among some other forums.

Noisepurge said:

I still need my 500 Vehicle kills and placing anti-tank mines in the middle of B on Oasis gets me at least 3 or 4 per round.

charsace

Dreamgazer said:
Two reasons:
1)Most of the new maps are vehicle-heavy, so people figured it would be best to go engineer.
2)Scoped M14/G3 + Carl Gustav is the new overhyped "killing machine" among some other forums.
Gustav has always been an asshole weapon.

Top Bottom