• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

olimpia84

We had a good showing last night in those few Conquest rounds, I'd say more than 9 gaffers in the team until we got kicked out in Panama Canal :lol
After that happened for some reason it was nearly impossible to find servers with people on them, all the matches were like 4 vs 4. =/

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Olimpia ran over my helicopter with his tank... :/

:lol :lol :lol

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The Faceless Master said:
glad i was here for that one PC brethren.

Splitting the news. SMH.

the best part though, was after the game ended and one of the top guys on the other team sent me a message, and it simply said "GG". i was pleasantly surprised!

Sometimes times like these make the online play worth it, but not always.

Jinaar

Finally played the new map HEAVY METAL (360) last night.

Driving my tank to point B, I was first like:
alg_man_bored.jpg

Then helicopters started to explode and crash into the ground all around me, tanks erupted into massive shards of metal that were thrown this way and that. My headset was blaring orders and screams of my squad. All anarchy was taking place. Was this Armageddon? Was this how it all ends?? Moments later I...

jizz-in-my-pants-andy-samberg1-300x167.jpg

RotBot

dkeane said:
What's the most affective way to take care of circle strafing helicopters?
Guy was pissing me off last night.
Tracer? If you're bad with that, then pelt at it with an M95 from a safe place.

Evolved1

dkeane said:
What's the most affective way to take care of circle strafing helicopters?
Guy was pissing me off last night.

AA turret is the best. The AA car would be next... Landing a lucky shot w/ an RPG is about as hard as landing the tracer. A good circle strafer, it's better you ignore them and sneak past. Capture a base somewhere else or attack the crates with your squad.

Circle strafers are cheesy fucks, and so it follows that they'll generally just spawn camp and ignore the actual objectives. If your team isn't completely useless, it's best to move your focus somewhere else.

Effect

Hate being on both sides of that. So annoying being in the chopper when the pilot decides to do that. You can't get into a good position to fire on anyone. When on the ground you can get killed as soon as you spawn. I've had to simply jump out of a few choppers last night because I was so bored. Rather be on the ground and dying then just sitting in the chopper.

I can't play the assault class to save my life for some reason. I can play an Engineer and Medic no problem. Can play those roles and even kill decently. As soon as switch over to assault I die constantly for some reason.

TheSeks

recklessmind said:
AA turret is the best. The AA car would be next... Landing a lucky shot w/ an RPG is about as hard as landing the tracer. A good circle strafer, it's better you ignore them and sneak past. Capture a base somewhere else or attack the crates with your squad.

Circle strafers are cheesy fucks, and so it follows that they'll generally just spawn camp and ignore the actual objectives. If your team isn't completely useless, it's best to move your focus somewhere else.

Ignoring them only works if they're shitty gunners. Generally, if Faceless and myself are doing it to stupid assholes in Atacama Rush, I make DAMN SURE no one escapes without being spotted for the team to mop up.

abuC

I shot down the same helicopter pilot on attacama 7 times last night, did it with a tank round. He kept circle straffing to low or would fy directly at me while I was driving towards him, spin the turret as he passes behind me aim up and boom.

olimpia84 said:
btw I noticed last night that they already added the Vietnam trophies on the trophy list

Yeah, they have been there for a while. They don't count towards the total though as I'm still sitting on 62/62 of them.

olimpia84

OldJadedGamer said:
Yeah, they have been there for a while. They don't count towards the total though as I'm still sitting on 62/62 of them.

They do for the PS3 though because my % went from 100% (with all the trophies from DLC included) down to 88%. Not that I'm worried though because I'll get Vietnam and go for all the trophies :D

TheSeks

OldJadedGamer said:

They do count on PS3, even if you change the view from "all trophies/achievements" to "seperate/DLC achievements (that support it, like Uncharted 2 having DLC1/2 packs)". Which is fucking stupid. But hey, it's how I have 80% in Mirror's Edge now.

Gamefly package arrived today, Game, Limited Edition, VIP Code. Im so happy. LETS BATTLEFIELD RAWRRRR.

PSNid: KILLTHEM16 if anybody wants to add me. Even though for right now im doing mainly single player.

Zep

Banned
is there a file I can download to use a 360 pad/Dual Shock for the PC version? Everything I've found has rendered the right analog useless.

looks like my ISP issues were finally settled, good games eight quid! i especially loved our comeback on Panama Canal from being down like 70-140 to win by 7. the best part though, was after the game ended and one of the top guys on the other team sent me a message, and it simply said "GG". i was pleasantly surprised!

In that game I realized that you can keep an rpg locked on to a tank without looking through the scope, which makes it a lot quicker to redirect your shots over obstacles. Mostly though I just kept it locked on so they'd squirm around trying to find me.

bean breath said:
In that game I realized that you can keep an rpg locked on to a tank without looking through the scope, which makes it a lot quicker to redirect your shots over obstacles. Mostly though I just kept it locked on so they'd squirm around trying to find me.

Yeah, it stays locked for a couple seconds after you move the crosshair off the tag.

I got a couple more questions for you guys, so bear with me.

1. Which console (360/PS3) has the most active online community?

2. I'm having difficulty finding the 'Ultimate Edition' for 360. Is it worth holding out for? Does anyone play the co-op mode, or 1943 anymore?

Zep said:
is there a file I can download to use a 360 pad/Dual Shock for the PC version? Everything I've found has rendered the right analog useless.
Have you tried Xpadder? I think I used it for CoD4 once and it worked great. It might have a trial on it though.

(PC) We should get a game going tomorrow. I should be done with all my cramming so I should be able to nerd out all night. :D

TheSeks

betweenthewheels said:
I got a couple more questions for you guys, so bear with me.

1. Which console (360/PS3) has the most active online community?

2. I'm having difficulty finding the 'Ultimate Edition' for 360. Is it worth holding out for? Does anyone play the co-op mode, or 1943 anymore?

1. Both are active, it's your preference. PS3GAF is more vocal and active at times.
2. Yes. No. Yes. Respectively. The content + money saved is worth it.

That's not to say Onslaught isn't worth it if you're looking to try some things on maps or practice flying the Blackhawk and Apache in "peace." You can set the AI to lowest difficulty possible and just fly around without too much worry so long as you take the tanks out.

TheSeks

Today is sucking so far. Get in a helicopter and Faceless runs off. >:|

TheSeks

Speed capping the flags with Bradleys = Spidey3SoGood.gif when the other team leaves. :lol

TheSeks

abuC said:
PS3 Gaf, who here is getting vietnam?

I am, day one probably.

Faceless said:
On which map?

Oasis Rush Defense. It spawns as I spawn on you. I see it spawn on the minimap. Get in and... get a shitty pilot that flies us into bullets/flips the helicopter and ruins our chances of keeping it up forever. SMH.

oh wow, i got teabagged by a japanese player.

:lol :lol :lol Wasn't he that Apache/Hin-D pilot on Heavy Metal? I think I got him a few times with the VADS and I sat that round at B. I think I deserved the teabagging on that team. :lol

We cleared that server out five minutes ago, dude. You got on just as we both left because NO ONE was there after I steamlolled them with the Bradley and speedcapping.

Evolved1

faceless and seks left me in a crappy server...

abuc, I'm getting vietnam day one.

abuC said:
PS3 Gaf, who here is getting vietnam?
i'm getting it on both consoles!

TheSeks said:
Oasis Rush Defense. It spawns as I spawn on you. I see it spawn on the minimap. Get in and... get a shitty pilot that flies us into bullets/flips the helicopter and ruins our chances of keeping it up forever. SMH.
on defense i'm more likely to be setting AT mines or running around with the M136 AT4 than flying... well, unless i steal the enemy chopper...

recklessmind said:
faceless and seks left me in a crappy server...
if you mean atacama rush, i just felt like playing on a team where the 8 smurfs on the team actually do what the game mode is about. like attacking as attackers in rush...

Evolved1

if you mean atacama rush, i just felt like playing on a team where the 8 smurfs on the team actually do what the game mode is about. like attacking as attackers in rush...

Yeah I figured... :lol

I was partially to blame for that loss... basically wasted the Hind like three times. On that map I'm better off just rushing the coms, pretty decent in CQB, can usually plant & defend. But I was too busy getting the chopper blown up. :/

Seriously though, random smurf gunners out there, shoot the damn VADS!

TheSeks

on defense i'm more likely to be setting AT mines or running around with the M136 AT4 than flying... well, unless i steal the enemy chopper..

Yeah, and on Oasis we really need someone (*cough*) to use the Apache on defense before they steal it or keep it down. Air-to-air annoyance while someone anti-airs them to shut their helicopter down perma. After that, I couldn't care. But they had a helicopter up in the air for the whole base and it was pissing me off as they kept getting into the base to arm it as the tickets were around 10-7. ARGH.

I'd volunteer to fly, but I'm not good with the attack choppers and I really would rather have someone on GAF in the chopper instead of a public random gunning for me. :|

abuC

I wasn't going to get it but the new videos look good and since you all will :D be on it I'm compelled to get it too.

Rainy Dog

Damn, I've spent far too long lurking in this thread (ie. spent the past couple of weeks at work reading just about every post in both OT's :lol) so it really is time I jumped in.

Picked this up a couple of weeks ago but most of my PS3 pals have long since moved on. And my real life PS3 owning mates are all married with kids and I'm lucky to see them online for half an hour a week these days, so...

Is there any chance I could hook up with some of you regular players? As said, I've only had the game a couple of weeks so I'm only up to level 20 or so. Just trying to gold star as many weapons as I can whilst getting accustomed to using the classes properly and whatnot. But still very much learning the ropes since it's my first BF apart from briefly dipping my toes in the beta/demo. Absolutely love the game but it can also be like pulling teeth when playing with randoms as so many of you also regularly point out too. I'm on most evenings for a few hours and use a mic playing with folks from my PSN list.

Thing is, I'm in the UK and I'm guessing most, if not all, of you are US players? If I could fit in anywhere, please feel free to add me as I'd love to squad up with some of you guys where possible.

PSN: RainyDog

Just pop BC2 GAF in the message or something. Cheers.

TheSeks

Rainy Dog said:
Damn, I've spent far too long lurking in this thread (ie. spent the past couple of weeks at work reading just about every post in both OT's :lol) so it really is time I jumped in.

Picked this up a couple of weeks ago but most of my PS3 pals have long since moved on. And my real life PS3 owning mates are all married with kids and I'm lucky to see them online for half an hour a week these days, so...

Is there any chance I could hook up with some of you regular players? As said, I've only had the game a couple of weeks so I'm only up to level 20 or so. Just trying to gold star as many weapons as I can whilst getting accustomed to using the classes properly and whatnot. But still very much learning the ropes since it's my first BF apart from briefly dipping my toes in the beta/demo. Absolutely love the game but it can also be like pulling teeth when playing with randoms as so many of you also regularly point out too. I'm on most evenings for a few hours and use a mic playing with folks from my PSN list.

Thing is, I'm in the UK and I'm guessing most, if not all, of you are US players? If I could fit in anywhere, please feel free to add me as I'd love to squad up with some of you guys where possible.

Add Evolved or Dreamgazer. If you read every post in this thread, you'd see their PSN ids on the Google list Dream made. Add them, and then join up whenever possible.

US times at 7PM-3AM EST for most of us, however.

TheSeks said:
:lol :lol :lol Wasn't he that Apache/Hin-D pilot on Heavy Metal? I think I got him a few times with the VADS and I sat that round at B. I think I deserved the teabagging on that team. :lol
i dunno if he was flying at some point, but he was one of the dudes who kept squad spawning near bravo and trying to cap it.

TheSeks said:
Yeah, and on Oasis we really need someone (*cough*) to use the Apache on defense before they steal it or keep it down. Air-to-air annoyance while someone anti-airs them to shut their helicopter down perma. After that, I couldn't care. But they had a helicopter up in the air for the whole base and it was pissing me off as they kept getting into the base to arm it as the tickets were around 10-7. ARGH.

I'd volunteer to fly, but I'm not good with the attack choppers and I really would rather have someone on GAF in the chopper instead of a public random gunning for me. :|
based on what happened at the first base, the last place i wanted to be was in the air. not that being on the ground helped, it still happened again anyway! at least you guys stopped them on the 3rd base. game froze on me with 15 tickets left right as i hopped on the enemy UAV station to take out a tank.

Evolved1

Rainy Dog said:

Another PS3 player... sweet. I think the group is deeper now than it was at launch! :lol

I might forget to add you next time I'm on... a good idea would be to add me (evolved1) and dreamgazer to your list and put GAF BC2 in the title/message. Then you should be able to play with most everyone after that, because one of us is usually on.

TheSeks

i dunno if he was flying at some point, but he was one of the dudes who kept squad spawning near bravo and trying to cap it.

Oh, right, that asshole. He got me a few times. :lol

based on what happened at the first base, the last place i wanted to be was in the air. not that being on the ground helped, it still happened again anyway! at least you guys stopped them on the 3rd base. game froze on me with 15 tickets left right as i hopped on the enemy UAV station to take out a tank.

Yeah, they armed A and there was like 3-1 tickets left. I was like "PLEASE, GOD, DON'T LET MY RANDOMS SUCK. PLEASE!" Because I took a sniper-rifle from a sniper as I ran out of ammo (and my pistol was a tracer for the RPG) and hid on the "island" where you spawned off a tank in BC1 on. And spotted and tried to hit people with the M95.

Evolved1

Are you two still playing? It said you were both on, but I had no option to join.

abuC

Rainy Dog said:

You can add me, my Gaf name is my psn id as well.

Rainy Dog

Cheers for the responses Seks and reckless. I'll fire off invites to evolved1 and dreamgazer then, and hopefully catch some of you guys on there despite the time difference.

Top Bottom