• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Huggers

Ah nice one I'll give that a shot. Currently getting my ass handed to me a little playing rush, think the other game type suited me better

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
That round sucked. I'm trying to keep cover fire on B and Faceless and Dan are the only two the attempt to push for a bit until the defense decided to cover the hill I was firing from. :lol

I can't be the magical rains death down, attackers. :( All I can do is provide support if you want me to keep this Bradley alive.

My balls felt four sized bigger after that round. The whole round was a battlefield moment. I'd like to thank all the teammates (including smurfs) doing repairs to keep me up and running. Rounds like that are why I love this game.

That round did rock. I made them hesitate on the helicopter/made them keep it at the base for you to snipe them after I anti-aired them twice. One of them/chopper gunner parachuted down only to get taken out after he took me out and I took their chopper out after.

That speed cap of B made me rage and worry about holding A. Because after that set two would've been harder to defend and then three and four is hard to defend in close-combat with two helicopters possibly in the air.

Kill:

If an engineer: REPAIR THE TANK IF SOMEONE ISN'T ENGINEER. I got in as an assault to support/assist you. We're in the base for about three minutes and you don't hop out to repair while I take the RPG dudes hitting you out. I'm like ">:|" That said: HIT THE TANKS WITH RPGS on defense. If someone "ENEMY TANK SPOTS" switch to the RPG if they're close (on the mini-map) or you're safe and can snipe and hit them. Even if you die on the defense you can at least put a dent on them and possible take them out assist or slow them down.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
TheSeks said:
You had Rockscar man, that's why I bailed and went to A the first time. I arm it... and no one is shooting that direction. I'm like "WTF ARE YOU DOING!? D:"

We started getting hit from the other side and then rock bailed or something... maybe jumped out to repair... I don't know... I was doing what I could. Would've lost the bradley a lot sooner if I turned toward A.

Sorry dude.

At least we pulled it out.

Evolved1

TheSeks said:
That round did rock. I made them hesitate on the helicopter/made them keep it at the base for you to snipe them after I anti-aired them twice. One of them/chopper gunner parachuted down only to get taken out after he took me out and I took their chopper out after.

I'm pretty sure we tag teamed one of those choppers... you were on the AA gun lighting him up and I landed a fucking sniper shot with the abrams' cannon. I got vehicle destroy assist on that so you must have gotten credit for the kills. After that they never flew anywhere near us again. They wouldn't even come up off the ground. :lol I ended up sniping another one while he was parked behind a hill.

TheSeks said:
That speed cap of B made me rage and worry about holding A. Because after that set two would've been harder to defend and then three and four is hard to defend in close-combat with two helicopters possibly in the air.

I know, when they took B I got pissed... that's when I ran back and jumped in the tank... on a mission.

TheSeks

recklessmind said:
I'm pretty sure we tag teamed one of those choppers... you were on the AA gun lighting him up and I landed a fucking sniper shot with the abrams' cannon. I got vehicle destroy assist on that so you must have gotten credit for the kills. After that they never flew anywhere near us again. They wouldn't even come up off the ground. :lol I ended up sniping another one while he was parked behind a hill.

Yeah, I saw the "ENEMY HELICOPTER SPOTTED" icon light up, and I'm like "okay, they're coming up... they're coming up... they're coming up... they--what the fuck are they doing?" :lol

I know, when they took B I got pissed... that's when I ran back and jumped in the tank... on a mission.

Oh, man, you had no idea how pissed I was getting off the anti-air and rushing toward B and they're all over on the other side of the river and I'm like "FUCK TANK! *AT4* FUCK ENEMIES! *fire fire fire*" Dubbed I think went to disarm but got taken out and the area was too hot I'm like "PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE EVERYONE COME BACK TO BASE! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HOLD IT! D:"

TheSeks said:
Oh, man, you had no idea how pissed I was getting off the anti-air and rushing toward B and they're all over on the other side of the river and I'm like "FUCK TANK! *AT4* FUCK ENEMIES! *fire fire fire*" Dubbed I think went to disarm but got taken out and the area was too hot I'm like "PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE EVERYONE COME BACK TO BASE! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HOLD IT! D:"

Lol, now everyone knows how it feels to be me...the lone recon throwing motion sensors guarding the base.

TheSeks

Stallion Free said:
Sorry PC isn't filled with dumbasses struggling with controllers.

ITT: PC players get butthurt over comments.

UMAD.jpg and all that rot.

Don't take it seriously, man.

Cuban Legend said:
:lol ITT Console gamers left the door open and got mad when a foot came through that door

oh gee.

Sanjay makes a joke praising himself
"That Sanjuro guy sure is good."
->
I make a joke praising myself.
"Pff...I've seen better players on consoles."
in the format "pff...I've seen better _______ on/in _________(self-deprecating inferior platform)"

and now it's a console vs. PC war?

Surely, we're among......

mad-men-logo.jpg

:lol

Omiee

hey im getting this for pc tomorrow i think and i was wondering if there are still a lot of people playing online.
also how is online play, cuz i never played online shooters on pc, always been a console gamer.
so do i need to stay in holland servers or can i just get in to servers with you guys on gaf, and how can i meet up with people from gaf, also do i get the free dlc and stuff if i get a new copy of bc2.
and how do i install updates or will that go through my steam..?

Omiee said:
hey im getting this for pc tomorrow i think and i was wondering if there are still a lot of people playing online.
Yeah, lots of people online. Tons of populated servers.
Omiee said:
also how is online play, cuz i never played online shooters on pc, always been a console gamer.
Well, it's going to be hard at first because a lot (most?) people have been playing for months with many hours. Just stick with your squad and do the objectives and heal, revive, spot, repair, etc. Cover mcoms. Oh and don't hang out in the back and snipe while your team tries to push forward! Then you should be alright. If anything be more careful and tactical so you don't use tickets (on offense).
Omiee said:
so do i need to stay in holland servers or can i just get in to servers with you guys on gaf, and how can i meet up with people from gaf,
I'm sure you could play with GAF, your ping might be a tad high but it shouldn't be unplayable.
Omiee said:
also do i get the free dlc and stuff if i get a new copy of bc2.
and how do i install updates or will that go through my steam..?
All PC versions get the downloads free (since you can't really buy PC games used). I think steam auto updates the game. Vietnam you will have to pay. (15 USD)

Hope that can help.

Omiee

oke nice im ordering it now and hope it is here tomorrow.
i saw the option at a friends house to play with a controller, i have a 360 controller i use for pc games etc, can i use that for online play as well..?

Omiee said:
oke nice im ordering it now and hope it is here tomorrow.
i saw the option at a friends house to play with a controller, i have a 360 controller i use for pc games etc, can i use that for online play as well..?

*stares at a certain post above*...

Talk about irony.

Anyway, the 360 controller support was supposedly problematic at launch.
You would want something like this :
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?p=16112610
Although I would double check for updated info (if no one here knows, the EA-UK BFBC2-PC forum would be another place to check)

Omiee

Crakatak187 said:
Why would you want to play with a controller on PC? Embrace the Mouse.

well iv been a console gamer for years, never played a shooter online on pc, so going from a controller to a mouse and keyboard is not realy easy for me.

Dreamgazer said:
*stares at a certain post above*...

Talk about irony.

Anyway, the 360 controller support was supposedly problematic at launch.
You would want something like this :
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?p=16112610
Although I would double check for updated info (if no one here knows, the EA-UK BFBC2-PC forum would be another place to check)

ill try that, cuz in the menu at a friends house i saw the option but he dident realy use it so i dont know if its supported for online play.
anyhow when are you guys playing online again

Sanjay

Crakatak187 said:
Yeah there is a learning curve to it, but once it clicks you would prefer it over analogs. Can't get better at it if you don't try.

But doing that would be a pain in the ass.

Nabs

no you can't be. there's no controller support anyway.

COD BO does support the 360 pad. You might want to cancel your order and get that if you're serious.

derFeef

Mr. Snrub said:
No. Well, maybe...

No. Unless your fingers are God's ten penises, you will not be competitive online playing against kb + m.
Hm. He might do well regarding of his playstyle/class. I can totally imagine a player with a controller doing almost as good as one with a kb+m in some situations (not aiming ;), this ain't no counterstrike. But he will die a lot for sure.

Posted this in the Vietnam video thread, but Vietnam got a 9.5/10 from IGN. Says the lack of attachments helps balance the game and improves on BC2. Can't wait!

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Dreamgazer said:
A good mouse + pad is mad important too.
I play with a laptop trackpad and do ok, my K/D is shit but I'm evens on W/L. I would recommend going m/kb if at all possible, but BC2 is one of those games that can be played with sub standard controls.

The Faceless Master said:
you can probably do ok as a medic that just stays behind everyone else and throws medkits and revives and does mop up duty with a controller on PC.

Yeah, in a support role, a controller would probably be fine. Repairing tanks, vehicles, healing/reviving, etc. would be good.

Evolved1

Fun games with some new blood... everyone did really good.

We're rolling pretty deep now. Sometimes it's impossible to get everyone into the game. When we finally do the other team jumps ship. :/

Stallion Free said:
Sorry PC isn't filled with dumbasses struggling with controllers.

Every online game on every platform is filled with dumbasses.

For PS3 folks:
I'm thinking we should do the private match thing this Saturday or next Monday night before the Vietnam Expansion hits consoles.

If you're interested, please either post here or pm me.
(Evolved> I would appreciate it if you can let some of the new joiners or Wes know just in case.)
(Lurkers> please just message me (same username as gaf id) and I'll try to check when possible.

Once I have an idea of the number of players and who will be attending, we'll split up the squads so it'll be balanced for the private match :D

Setup is probably going to be something like this:
Squad 1 (Organizers)
Dreamgazer vs. Evolved1

Squad 2 (The Renegades or "let's not put too many new joiners in this squad in case Sekoku rage quit or something":lol )
AbuC vs. Faceless
Seks vs. Dan
newbie.

Squad 3 (The thieving brothers)
Crack vs. JM

Squad 4 (lurkers)
Rockscar2 Vs. Wes

(Yes yes, I'm missing renderman, olimpia, calion, etc etc.)

UFRA

Dreamgazer said:
For PS3 folks:
I'm thinking we should do the private match thing this Saturday or next Monday night before the Vietnam Expansion hits consoles.

If you're interested, please either post here or pm me.
(Evolved> I would appreciate it if you can let some of the new joiners or Wes know just in case.)
(Lurkers> please just message me (same username as gaf id) and I'll try to check when possible.

Once I have an idea of the number of players and who will be attending, we'll split up the squads so it'll be balanced for the private match :D

GAF vs. GAF?!!??

Man, now that you have an eye patch you sure are getting evil! :p

UFRA said:
GAF vs. GAF?!!??

Man, now that you have an eye patch you sure are getting evil! :p

Yes. I secretly just want PS3-GAF to destroy itself from the inside.:lol

Honestly, once in awhile we need to have some non-steamrolling games.

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
sometimes i swear my internet connection is sentient and disconnects me at the worst time on purpose.

Man, you have no idea how much your internet connection dropping annoys me.

(Metal Gear Solid continue theme.wav)

"Faceless? Where did you go? We need you to carry the randoms! Faceless!? FACELESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!????!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!? *gunshot*"

Evolved said:
Every online game on every platform is filled with dumbasses.

It's okay, Stallion is just mad because PC gaming is dying. ;)

I'm just stirring the shit up, I still love you PC. Even if you are a pain in the ass that made me go to consoles along with the console games.

Dream said:
>>GAF private match<<

... The last time we did this, I didn't care for it. Mostly because I don't like playing against people I play with. :| You can count me out on this before it even starts. I'd rather play with randoms than play a private match as private matches require more communication than the random public matches.

Omiee

i guess ill just have to get used to keyboard and mouse, ill have the game tomorrow, if you guys wanna add me on steam my user name is Omiee. I would love to play some games online with you guys

abuC

Just played some frustrating games, it felt like 3 vs 11. On laguna presa It was rock, evolved and I, our teammates might as well not have existed, it was basically the 3 of us doing all the work. I have no idea what the rest of the people on our team were doing.

TheSeks

I'm wondering if some of those useless people are coming from Black Ops. The patch for the PS3 version apparently ruined the game
as if the shitty IQ going from MW2 to BO didn't ruin the game already...
to where people are wondering where to migrate to. :lol

Evolved1

abuC said:
Just played some frustrating games, it felt like 3 vs 11. On laguna presa It was rock, evolved and I, our teammates might as well not have existed, it was basically the 3 of us doing all the work. I have no idea what the rest of the people on our team were doing.

They were sniping bro!

Seriously though... yeah that was bad. But we were able to stop them on defense -- they never made it past the first base. It was dicey for a while with just rock and I, but then iirc fersis joined and we held them off quite easily.

Then we rolled them on Ilsa rush... then my game froze on defense. Not sure how that turned out but we were getting our butts kicked on the first island.

TheSeks said:
I'm wondering if some of those useless people are coming from Black Ops. The patch for the PS3 version apparently ruined the game

Don't want to start shit... but what did the patch do? Was it like the BC2 one that made the servers turn into dog crap?

oooh, GAF vs GAF! i'm in! (as long as my internet connections allows it)

abuC said:
reminds me of the other day when the score of rock+me was = to the score of everyone else on the team.

TheSeks said:
the useless people came back the day after MP7. my K/D has been slowly creeping up after being stagnant for a while.

Kibbles

Damnit if BF3 doesn't have a saved film mode someone should be fired, should've been in BC2 even. Had some epic gameplay moments last night playing on Oasis. This game is easily MP GoTY, despite it pissing me off with not saved films. :p

Kibbles said:
Damnit if BF3 doesn't have a saved film mode someone should be fired, should've been in BC2 even. Had some epic gameplay moments last night playing on Oasis. This game is easily MP GoTY, despite it pissing me off with not saved films. :p
tell em about it, just an hour ago i armed a crate and waited behind a wall for the other team to disarm and when the people came, i spun around the corner, threw a grenade, shot a 40MM Shotgun round (kill), switched to the M16, grenade blows up (kill), fire the M16 until it runs dry (2 kills) then i turn and see a recon, switch to 1911, *pew*pew*pew*pew*pew* (kill) and then the crate exploded. and all i could think was "OMG, i wish i had a video of that!!!"

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Rockscar2 is not a lurker (I made the same mistake!)

Im down for some GAF vs GAF action.

Top Bottom