• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Huggers said:
After much procrastinating, I finally bought this today, went to jump into a game only to find a 1752mb update! Fuck a duck. On my connection I should be playing in time for Christmas. I need some Bad Company friends who are up for guiding a noob a little in their squad. PSN name; Huggers

Again:

Dreamgazer said:
HEY PS3-BFBC2 REGULARS:
Fill out this form so the new joiners can add you!: http://tinyurl.com/2g5wo4g

Actual spreadsheet for the ID listing is here : http://tinyurl.com/2cgv7he

Add either me or Evolved1 and we'll try to get you into rotations if we can.

I'm half blind right now, but Evolved and I try to get new joiners accustomed with the GAF squad whenever we can.
(We both ended up trying to accompany liposome at some point yesterday :lol )

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Good news for Australi-GAF:
Zh1nt0 said:
Australian servers for #xbox360 and #ps3 are now online and live :). Enjoy!

We got enough active ps3 players now that we should consider organizing another private match attempt

(It ended in a disaster last time since the game can't balance/match make people even if its life is dependent on it.)

12 on 12 with one regular vet on each squad.
Should get the newcomers accustomed to things.:D

Dreamgazer said:
We got enough active ps3 players now that we should consider organizing another private match attempt

(It ended in a disaster last time since the game can't balance/match make people even if its life is dependent on it.)

Should get the new comers accustomed to things.:D

Would be awesome!

Mœbius

Dreamgazer said:
I'm half blind right now, but Evolved and I try to get new joiners accustomed with the GAF squad whenever we can.
Damn dude, I've also had trouble with one of my eye and have worn a patch (username's a giveaway). Anyway, I filled out the form and sent a message to Evolved1 too (thought you wouldn't be online this week so didn't send one to you).

KAOz

Short bus special
Dreamgazer said:

That sounds awesome! I would be up for that.

Also Dream, thanks for the trophytip via PSN. Due to you, I only got to go up 2 levels to get a Platinum in this.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Dreamgazer said:

Um... if I knifed a friend during a match like that would I finally get this fucking trophy? :lol

One more... Ugh.

EDIT: To new PS3BC2 players sending me FR's.

I'm accepting all FR's and thanks for putting "GAF:BC2" in the message, that helps a lot... but remember, that's only a way for you guys to get into the gaf games. You'll have to start sending FR's to other gaffers as you play with them. Your discretion on that...

Also... I'd consider putting GAF in your tags straightaway, so regulars know you guys are new, but not randoms. Otherwise they'll ignore you while forming squads or unknowingly try to invite the gaffers out of the squads you're in. We aren't some major competitive "clan" where you have to earn your way in or some shit... we like to win, and usually do, but it's a casual setup. Actually some of the most common gaffers don't even use the tag, but that's another matter
mercs!
, the point is that no one will give a shit if you use the gaf tag even as a lvl 1 noob. It just makes it easier to form squads and keep everyone together... and to know which people we need to add to our FL.

Cheers.

PedYup

My Battlefield moment yesterday:
As usual I tend to get into sucky teams when playing with randoms. So there is this game at Isla Inocentes, my squad is two long range snipers and an engi. I attack alone, arm a MCom, die and then MCom disarmed so many times that by second base I´m fully enraged and shoot a clip to those ************* snipers everytime I respawn. Then Faceless joined and formed a new squad. The other team stole the Bradley (from first base!) to spawnrape us.
By third base took A with 20 tickets left and it was looking pretty bad. With 6 tickets left we respawn at homebase at then sprint for a last attempt for B. We descend the hill, Faceless starts smoking the area and I go to plant, I boobytrap the MCom with C4 and then arm it.... wait a little to detonate --> 1 defender down, a medic and an assault start disarming it, I empty my M1 and the pistol --> 2 defenders down, two more defenders appear at the MCom, without time to reload I charge with the knife --> 2 defenders down. Then it calmed, the MCom detonated and we won. I managed to stay alive for that long because Faceless kept smoking the MCom. It was ABSOLUTELY AWESOME. :D

The Faceless Master said:
i was playing with rock and then he left. we were winning, but our team SSSSSUUUUUUCCCCKKKKEEEEDDDD... our two scores were around the same amount as the rest of the team combined.
Sorry about leaving, I´m GMT+1 and I have to go to work early. I´ll try to get in today.

recklessmind said:
Um... if I knifed a friend during a match like that would I finally get this fucking trophy? :lol

One more... Ugh.

Private match won't do.

Just try to get some people to play squad rush with you.
Easiest way to do it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Dreamgazer said:
I'm tempted to pick it up for 39.99 at Target's post Christmas Sale through.....*runs away from TheSeks*

*prepares to call you an idiot, Battlefield is all you ne-*

(edit: just checked out the BlackOps thread and once again reminded myself why I shouldn't bother)

-Good boy. *pats Dreamgazers head* You learn quick.

If anything, GT5 has been the one sucking PS3 players away, and it's bound to get worst with the major new patches coming.

Nah, I play GT5 casually. It's JM and Abu you have to worry about on that.

Abu said:
That was helicopter limbo, Evolved spawned on my chopper as I started going under the pipeline a second time. He must have been wondering what the hell was going on

JM landing on the islands outside the map normally where the pipes connect was awesome. You can actually get on them/infantry sit on them but they're "TURN BACK, YOU'RE OUT OF BOUNDS! 10...9..."d

Evolved1

Hellcrow said:
oh god, friend is playing on my account with the GAF squad. Does everything wrong. Bails the tank to knife a dude. And dies.

We were still completely dominating them. One game they put up a little resistance, but then we crushed them into rage quits.

You know... helis are different in Onslaught than in actual play... they're heavier and less maneuverable playing online. I still suck with them, no matter how good I get in onslaught.

Better just stick to tanks and close quarters battles.

recklessmind said:
We were still completely dominating them. One game they put up a little resistance, but then we crushed them into rage quits.

You know... helis are different in Onslaught than in actual play... they're heavier and less maneuverable playing online. I still suck with them, no matter how good I get in onslaught.

Better just stick to tanks and close quarters battles.

If you can't circle strafe and rather not go in a straight line -

It's best to just pilot the thing in third person mode and ignore everything around you.:lol

You'll be flying like a psycho and firing at completely random objects......but at least no one would be able to get you down:D

Evolved1

Dreamgazer said:
If you can't circle strafe and rather not go in a straight line -

It's best to just pilot the thing in third person mode and ignore everything around you.:lol

You'll be flying like a psycho and firing at completely random objects......but at least no one would be able to get you down:D

The only time I really get shot down is when I'm trying to be as stable as possible for my gunner. I feel like if we don't have a constant stream of fire on something, I'm wasting the chopper. Flyovers are only effective if the pilot/gunner are on the same page.

I can circle strafe, but choose not to. It would make me a giant hypocrite to do that to other people when I hate it so much myself.

I can't fly at all in third person. :lol I'll crash that shit into a mountain every time. But flying cockpit (non-strafing) is severely hampered by the fact you cant look around independent of where you're aiming the nose. To look at something you actually have to point the nose at it, which changes your momentum... it's just a pain in the butt to have any kind of situational awareness without compromising your flying.

Unless we're absolutely destroying a team, I'm just going to avoid flying from now on. (unless it's the blackhawk).

recklessmind said:
Unless we're absolutely destroying a team, I'm just going to avoid flying from now on. (unless it's the blackhawk).

Speaking of which...it's mind boggling how some people have no idea how to land a kill with its mounted guns...

Evolved1

Dreamgazer said:
Speaking of which...it's mind boggling how some people have no idea how to land a kill with its mounted guns...

Especially when I fly... if I remember to equip smoke, then I keep that thing a steadily hovering platform of death. Just smoke the tracers and dodge the occasional rocket.

Only time I have trouble as the BH pilot is when I have more than one gaf gunner... then it's kind of tricky to give them both a good firing angle from a stationary position.

I'd rather just have one gunner so I can stay parallel to the target.

Huggers

Well, just played a few games, in at the deep end, total noob. Did pretty well considering kept my K/D ratio healthy, stuck with my squad, captured and defended some shit. Was good times. I don't understand loads of stuff but I'm sure it will be picked up. Should I carry on leveling up my Medic or Should I spread my time across all the classes?

Dreamgazer said:
i know how you feel... well, not really, but my glasses just broke. i feel half blind.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Totally late to this party but I just wanted to say how incredible this game is. I needed a game to test out my new video card, 6850, I can't stop playing.

Last night I was in a good squad and were taking down positions one by one with surgical precision. It was boner inducing :D

GOTY for me!

PedYup said:
My Battlefield moment yesterday:
As usual I tend to get into sucky teams when playing with randoms. So there is this game at Isla Inocentes, my squad is two long range snipers and an engi. I attack alone, arm a MCom, die and then MCom disarmed so many times that by second base I´m fully enraged and shoot a clip to those ************* snipers everytime I respawn. Then Faceless joined and formed a new squad. The other team stole the Bradley (from first base!) to spawnrape us.
By third base took A with 20 tickets left and it was looking pretty bad. With 6 tickets left we respawn at homebase at then sprint for a last attempt for B. We descend the hill, Faceless starts smoking the area and I go to plant, I boobytrap the MCom with C4 and then arm it.... wait a little to detonate --> 1 defender down, a medic and an assault start disarming it, I empty my M1 and the pistol --> 2 defenders down, two more defenders appear at the MCom, without time to reload I charge with the knife --> 2 defenders down. Then it calmed, the MCom detonated and we won. I managed to stay alive for that long because Faceless kept smoking the MCom. It was ABSOLUTELY AWESOME. :D
yeah, i still can't believe we won that game. but hey, that's why they say "never give up".

Sorry about leaving, I´m GMT+1 and I have to go to work early. I´ll try to get in today.
no problem!

Evolved1

Did they ever patch in flares?

If so... how do you use them?

vixlar

Doc Holliday said:
Totally late to this party but I just wanted to say how incredible this game is. I needed a game to test out my new video card, 6850, I can't stop playing.

Last night I was in a good squad and were taking down positions one by one with surgical precision. It was boner inducing :D

GOTY for me!

Never is too late to play BC2. Remember... spot spot spot....

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Probably not gonna touch Vanilla BFBC2 for a while after Vietnam release.
Sorry Vietnam-less GAF.

TheSeks

recklessmind said:
Also... I'd consider putting GAF in your tags straightaway, so regulars know you guys are new, but not randoms. Otherwise they'll ignore you while forming squads or unknowingly try to invite the gaffers out of the squads you're in.

*cough cough*Me*cough cough*

We aren't some major competitive "clan" where you have to earn your way in or some shit... we like to win, and usually do, but it's a casual setup. Actually some of the most common gaffers don't even use the tag,

*cough cough*Crack who is busy with GT5*cough cough*

but that's another matter
mercs!
, the point is that no one will give a shit if you use the gaf tag even as a lvl 1 noob. It just makes it easier to form squads and keep everyone together... and to know which people we need to add to our FL.

Cheers.

Just to note: I'm close to 100 friends on my list and other than Faceless, JM, Dream, Evolved, Abu, and GT5 people, I will not be adding more people. I've got enough BC2 people to play with in a four person squad that I don't need random new people unless I join them.

recklessmind said:
Did they ever patch in flares?

... It should be obvious as to what the counter measure perk for tracers are. :|

huggers said:
I don't understand loads of stuff but I'm sure it will be picked up.

Play with GAF this evening, then. I'll be on for an hour or two at around 5-7PM.

i think i should delete some people that don't play BC2 anymore.make room for some new blood!

Huggers said:
Well, just played a few games, in at the deep end, total noob. Did pretty well considering kept my K/D ratio healthy, stuck with my squad, captured and defended some shit. Was good times. I don't understand loads of stuff but I'm sure it will be picked up. Should I carry on leveling up my Medic or Should I spread my time across all the classes?
do whatever you feel like.

Mully

The wife is gonna be home from college tonight. Won't be on the next couple of days. 360GAF will smoke you all when I return.

AcridMeat

Banned
Man I wish I was on winter break, my friend didn't start playing last night until 3am. I just woke up at 12:30pm :)lol) and he's still playing.

edit: PC GAF members I need to bolster the amount of people who still play in preparation for Vietnam. Let me know, I'm done with the semester Friday.

Evolved1

Calion82v said:
I disagree. Last night you were a great pilot on Atacama. :D

Thanks Cal, I have my moments... short, concentrated bursts of brilliance buried in between all the times I get shot down by VADS! :lol

TheSeks

xKilltheMx said:
So this PS3 BC2 meetup. Is it happenning and if so when?

I'm getting on right now. I'm sure Evolved is on not sure about Dream or Faceless or the rest.

Edit: Boo-hiss at Faceless getting off just as I boot the game.

TheSeks said:
I'm getting on right now. I'm sure Evolved is on not sure about Dream or Faceless or the rest.

Edit: Boo-hiss at Faceless getting off just as I boot the game.

Yeah Evolved is on right now, so is rockscar2 (whoever that is keeps killing me).

THAT DAMN M1 GARAND!

EDIT: Man being on the other side of this GAF destruction is harsh.

TheSeks

Huggers said:
TheSeks, can I get an invite to the game? Playing with randoms not so fun. PSN name same as Gaf name

Send a friend request to Evolved1.

Fersis

Huggers said:
Fuck, apparently I haven't unlocked that content, can't join
Which content?
Go to the in game store and press X on every Map Pack.

Finally getting the hang of things again.

Havent played a Battlefield game since Modern Combat.

edit: clarification, im still shitty but now im getting slightly better

TheSeks

JESUS CHRIST. I amrm A last set Oassis FIVE FUCKING TIMES AND NO ONE NOT EVEN EVOVLED-BRADLEY-1 WILL FIRE OVER THERE.

*bangs head into keyboard repeatedly*

I swear, I expect "NO FUCKING REPAIRING THE TANK GOD" from Kill as he's new, but I expect better tank skills from you Evolved. >:|

Fersis

Huggers said:
Says I need a VIP code, bad times Fersis :-(
Youre game is used? If so... you have to buy a VIP code for 15 bucks.
Vietnam releases next week for the same amount of money.

Evolved1

TheSeks said:
JESUS CHRIST. I amrm A last set Oassis FIVE FUCKING TIMES AND NO ONE NOT EVEN EVOVLED-BRADLEY-1 WILL FIRE OVER THERE.

*bangs head into keyboard repeatedly*

I swear, I expect "NO FUCKING REPAIRING THE TANK GOD" from Kill as he's new, but I expect better tank skills from you Evolved. >:|

I had no damn gunner... I was getting rocket raped from my blind side when trying to aim at A. I can't turn the turret that fast to cover such a wide angle and I was not forfitting the bradely to try, considering the hurting I was putting on them... I was holding down the whole right side near B but no one would spawn and arm!

And then you send me hate mail! :lol :lol

edit: we still won and it was pretty exciting game. cut that one kinda close though.

edit: Btw seks... as far as tank skills... i was snapping in the tank when we fought them off on the first base oasis defense. Shot down two helicopters, killed two tanks, killed a couple light movers and a bunch of infantry defending the shit out of our last crate. My balls felt four sized bigger after that round. The whole round was a battlefield moment. I'd like to thank all the teammates (including smurfs) doing repairs to keep me up and running. Rounds like that are why I love this game.

Huggers

Fersis said:
Youre game is used? If so... you have to buy a VIP code for 15 bucks.
Vietnam releases next week for the same amount of money.

Yeah the game is used. I only bought it for the Vietnam pack so I'll just wait

TheSeks

recklessmind said:
I had no damn gunner... I was getting rocket raped from my blind side when trying to aim at A. I can't turn the turret that fast to cover such a wide angle and I was not forfitting the bradely to try, considering the hurting I was putting on them... I was holding down the whole right side near B but no one would spawn and arm!

And then you send me hate mail! :lol :lol

You had Rockscar man, that's why I bailed and went to A the first time. I arm it... and no one is shooting that direction. I'm like "WTF ARE YOU DOING!? D:"

Top Bottom