• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

recklessmind said:
It's time just get rid of the fucking recon class... or give me a server option without the useless fucks.

No.
Cause I need my VSS.
ps3_dreamgazer.png

nurse.jpg

Huggers

recklessmind said:
Hey... I have a VIP code for you.

I'll pm it in a little bit.

merry xmas.

Edit: it'll be sometime tomorrow... can't get it tonight.

Wow dude thanks so much. May your name echo throughout eternity

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Been in and out of bed all day. So under the weather, ucky.

I'll probably be playing GT5 instead of BC2 tonight if I get online. Sorry. :(

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Dreamgazer said:
No.
Cause I need my VSS.
ps3_dreamgazer.png

nurse.jpg

Haha yeah... VSS assault recons are awesome. I guess we'll just have to make the VSS an all kit rifle.

And if DICE ever releases another spectat pack, consider me a supporter of the Sexy Medic kit!

Huggers said:
Wow dude thanks so much. May your name echo throughout eternity

Are you in the US?

edit: nvm I checked your profile and see you're in the UK. NP. I'll figure this out.

Evolved1

Ok gaf help me help huggers.

I've had an extra PSN card lying around for a while and I was going to use it to purchase a VIP pass and send it. But I guess you can't buy a pass on a PS3 that already has VIP status? That's what it looks like to me... there's no option anywhere to purchase the code in either the BC2 or PSN store. So I was just going to send him the pin for the card, but he's in the UK.

Crap.

So my question... could he make a US account to redeem the card and obtain the VIP pass and still have VIP access on his UK account? (Is access tied to your specific PSN profile, or the PS3 itself?)

And I always have major trouble with EA account management so I'm wondering if that will screw him up somehow... needing to have two profiles (in different regions) linked to separate EA accounts. Smh.

Hey Sony and EA... this should be easier you fuckers!

recklessmind said:

I've had an extra PSN card lying around for a while and I was going to use it to purchase a VIP pass and send it. But I guess you can't buy a pass on a PS3 that already has VIP status? That's what it looks like to me... there's no option anywhere to purchase the code in either the BC2 or PSN store. So I was just going to send him the pin for the card, but he's in the UK.

Crap.

So my question... could he make a US account to redeem the card and obtain the VIP pass and still have VIP access on his UK account? (Is access tied to your specific PSN profile, or the PS3 itself?)

And I always have major trouble with EA account management so I'm wondering if that will screw him up somehow... needing to have two profiles (in different regions) linked to separate EA accounts. Smh.

it should work, all of my foreign accounts can use the VIP content too.

recklessmind said:

Crap.

Hi santa. I want a job for Christmas.

Evolved1

The Faceless Master said:
it should work, all of my foreign accounts can use the VIP content too.

Are all your foreign PSN accounts linked to the same EA profile?

edit: I made a dummy profile a few mins ago (though it was US) just to see if I could access my own VIP stuff but the EA server keeps rejecting my email/password.

It's confusing.

Dreamgazer said:
Hi santa. I want a job for Christmas.

I think the eye patch might scare the little kids.
You're hired.

recklessmind said:
Are all your foreign PSN accounts linked to the same EA profile?

edit: I made a dummy profile a few mins ago (though it was US) just to see if I could access my own VIP stuff but the EA server keeps rejecting my email/password.

It's confusing.

I think the eye patch might scare the little kids.
You're hired.
no, all my foreign PSN accounts have their own EA profiles. i've played on a UK and JP acct.

dwin45

I play this on the PS3 and am sick of being on worthless teams. If you play this on the PS3, please add me.

PSN id: dwin45

Evolved1

dwin45 said:
I play this on the PS3 and am sick of being on worthless teams. If you play this on the PS3, please add me.

PSN id: dwin45

dreamgazer said:
HEY PS3-BFBC2 REGULARS:
Fill out this form so the new joiners can add you!: http://tinyurl.com/2g5wo4g

Actual spreadsheet for the ID listing is here : http://tinyurl.com/2cgv7he

Add either me or Evolved1 and we'll try to get you into rotations if we can.

I'm evolved... I think dream's list is full. So either just add me as a way to join our games and add other gaffers, or go through the list and send FR's. I recommend the former.

Evolved1

What the fuck gaf... that was embarrassing.

Why no mortars!? They had two vehicles and two turrets ripping through us and no one adjusts. Assaults with GL's are not going to break through that line. You have to adapt to what they're throwing at us.

Ugh.

Anyway other than the last Oasis attack that was a lot of fun. I frigging lost the chopper twice (once I clipped a tree --omg sorry dream-- and once to the AA) but I dropped enough of their choppers and vehicles to make up for it. There was one moment that was omgwtfawesome but I'll tell that story later. Kinda annoyed atm.

abuC

recklessmind said:
Anyway other than the last Oasis attack that was a lot of fun. I frigging lost the chopper twice (once I clipped a tree --omg sorry dream-- and once to the AA)

I really hate the "push" from the AA guns, once they get a good bead on you it's pretty much game over. I don't even bother flying the hind anymore, the apache is quicker so you recover from the push better, but the MI-28 just gets stuck in the death grip of the AA's force push.

Tonight was a frustrating night.
We've won some games but we also lost some games.
Teams couldn't coordinate, and when there are other clans around we get owned badly.

So to review what we did wrong today
To new ( & old) players of bc2:

1. Cover + ducking is your friend
  2. Never drive off in a tank or chopper alone - unless you're stealing it from an enemy base.
  3. Never leave a damaged tank or chopper behind. Either die or destroy it.
  4. At certain times, it's best to just leave certain enemy vehicles alone - Don't automatically assume you have to shoot down that chopper in the air. Some people can't fly it or there's no use for the enemies to be in it. 5 people in a useless blackhawk is 5 people off the ground.
  5. At certain times, it's best to just leave certain enemy infantry alone. - If you find yourself and your squad successfully sneaking into a base - don't open fire to give away position. Leave them be and focus on the objective.
  6. You'll hear me talk about kill death...don't take it too seriously - it's important...but only when you can get the job done.
  7. The most obvious class is not always the best class - Vehicle heavy map must mean that everyone should be an engineer, right? WRONG. Adjust your class base on the team's need -even if it'll net you little to no points/kills sometimes (ex: motion sensor support recon.)
  8. Understand that there are certain conditions to doing certain things. - Are the trees all cleared? Are the AT-mines in place? Are there guys on the stationary-AT overlooking the battlefield? If yes - then you may push up to the attacker's spawn. If not, get back in base.
  9. SPOT SPOT SPOT SPOT SPOT SPOT SPOT - I'm playing on a 22 inch with blurred eyepatch vision right now. If I can see things, so can you.
  10. Learn to mortar - Mortar strike is usually not everyone's favorite, but there's no sense not to pull it out if you can't get the objective in a destructible building.
  11. Kill the enemy and drive back before you get out to repair
  12. A nice gesture that AbuC does that most of us usually don't think about - is that he would usually kindly turn his tank so that the engineer is shielded from fire.
  13. See a chopper/vehicle in base not being used? Booby trap it. Better than getting it stolen. Slam a tank mine under the vehicle. Enemies will die with the vehicle if then run in to steal it.

Vinsanity

Great tips, Dreamgazer I'll keep them in mind next time. Definitely a frustrating night, and one of my worst, but I definitely learned a lot. Win or lose, those were good times.

Evolved1

Another thing I notice people aren't doing is looking where they spawn. When the other team is putting up a really good defense, if someone is able to sneak through the line, then make sure you spawn on them! Get a whole group together before you rush the objective. If their defense is really good... one person stays hidden as a spawn point for the team. Make them use sensors. If they don't that's a lot of opportunities at the objective. How many times do you die trying to get across an enemy crossfire as our tickets are bleeding down and they have a sick defense going? We lost a ridiculous amount of tickets! If you're able to make it into their base, don't waste the opportunity...wait! Let people spawn on you! Hit the objective with #'s on your side. Make sure you spawn on a friendly if they get through.

I'm being a dick but we had that fucking crate twice on Oasis. I armed it twice and hid -- no one spawned on me! I threw a sensor, saw a group move in to defuse... I exploded my C4 killing two, took out another with the few rounds that were left in the VSS (which I'll admit was pure luck) and then killed the last guy with my pistol just as he disarmed. If there was help in that situation we had that damn crate.

Sometimes you just gotta hit an objective aggressively, with numbers... brute force it. But our odds are much better if we don't waste a million tickets running across an open field with two tanks, an MG and grenade turret and a bunch of guys cutting us down like we're on the wrong side in a Rambo movie.

Fuck.

Edit: Also... seriously guys we need people who are more about winning than padding k/d's or getting points or whatever. A good example of this is disarming crates... I keep seeing a bunch of people trying to disarm the crate at the same time. Why!? If another teammate got there first, even if it's only a split second, let him disarm it! Defend him! Block him from enemy fire with your body. If an enemy comes in and you're both trying to disarm, he;s going to kill both of you. But if you're watching his back, you might kill that enemy. 50 points + MCOM defense + savior kill. That's more points than the disarm, but more importantly it's how you friggin win.

abuC

I think Im hanging up my wings, I don't fly the helicopter that much, but when I do I can't help but get annoyed by the AA gun's death push. Played a few games with Evolved, and one game on Harvest day was funny, this clown on the UAV tried for about 5 mins to take out our tank, it was like that was his only goal in the game.

Also I keep on getting disconnected from games, is anyone else having that issue?

2i7s4l5.jpg

That's becoming a common sight for me now.

Evolved1

abuC said:
I think Im hanging up my wings, I don't fly the helicopter that much, but when I do I can't help but get annoyed by the AA gun's death push. Played a few games with Evolved, and one game on Harvest day was funny, this clown on the UAV tried for about 5 mins to take out our tank, it was like that was his only goal in the game.

Also I keep on getting disconnected from games, is anyone else having that issue?

I've had a bunch of disconnects lately.

And btw that chopper death on oasis was my fault. The guy must have jumped in the AA just after I checked it. I should have destroyed it. Instead I fired on the two tanks that were over there, but you probably could have kept the chopper intact while I took out the AA. So that was my bad.

And that UAV guy got the better of me a couple times. I was in the tank myself, w/o a gunner or repair helper and I just couldn't stay ahead of him. UAV shots are hard to recover from even with help... He clipped me twice and then the last time (right when you jumped in :lol ) he finally got me.

:/

Was pretty fun though... we --the two of us-- basically won that harvest day defense.

eznark said:
Since I bought Bad Company in a box, I probably can't buy Vietnam through Steam, right?
It's just a key so they should work together. However Steam won't let you download any DLC without the base game on Steam so you can't buy it. Would gifting work?

I'd recommend waiting until it's 100% confirmed they will or wont work to try anything though.

Should be getting my key any minute now, I hope.

AcridMeat

Banned
Guys GUYS! GUYYYYSSSS

The game is live, the game is live!!!

Right click on BC2 in steam => view keys => boom ya got yo key fo vietnam yo!

Too bad it's so late and no one knows.

When is it up for Consoles again? I'm almost done with my GT5 Grinding and I will be back with you guys when Vietnam comes out.

I'll grind until then and see you guys on release day.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
abuC said:

2i7s4l5.jpg

Dunno buddy but i think theyre doing some server work today.

Evolved1

Game freezing is getting more frequent for me.

We just had a couple matches... aside from 1 or 2 smufs gaf was doing everything again. Won some, lost some.

It's like our teammates not only don't help, but they go out of their way to sabotage the gaf squad. Getting rolled on Isla defense, gaf hunkers down to defend our last crate. We (basically the four of us) take position on the left side behind the cliff and bleed the shit out of their tickets and hold off two separate bradely advances. We're getting close to the win.. wait what's that I hear? The hind? But why isn't it on the minimap? Oh because they just stole it from us! What in the fuck. We cannot cover the entire goddamned map! The only thing they had to do was protect the fucking chopper and they couldn't. The same people who will race toward the thing when it spawns (and blow it up with a rocket if they think you're going to beat them there) but then when it actually matters they're nowhere. Of course the chopper thief was a pretty good circle strafer and of course their bradely spawned at the same time... just... you don't even know man I wanted to break someone.

So next map White Pass defense. Some of our team quits and we're outnumber, but manage to hold them off until they've only a couple dozen tickets left. Payback right? Nope. Rest of the team quits and it's one squad of gaffers and I think one random vs their team which has begun to rocketsnipe pretty hardcore... just couldn't hold them off. Really discouraging.

Then my game froze when I tried to join dan.

Edit: Bring on Vietnam and CQB. I'm tired of getting killed by people I never see. I swear to god if recons weren't in the game my k/d would be like 6-7 or some shit. :lol

I wish the tracer dart would unlock quicker. I'm a mere level 3, but on defence we were getting absolutely destroyed by double circle strafing choppers. So frustrating...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Sounds like PS3-GAF is having growing pains with the newbies right now. Maybe I should just stick with Abu and Faceless when I come back to Vietnam on Tuesday.

There's one thing Evolved and Dream forgot to mention.

Squad status screen-It's to the right of the mini-map. Provided you have the second to glance and before you enter a tank/get out of a tank, CHECK WHO IS WHAT.

If it's:

(Engineer) You
(Assault) Someone#1
(Recon) Someone#2
(Engineer) Someone#3

Then it turns out to be:

(Tank) You
(Assault) Someone#1
(Recon) Someone#2
(Engineer) Someone#3

If Someone#1/2 gets in your tank, YOU (the engineer) have the goal to keep that tank alive.

If you're playing it safe and you get hit: BACK THE FUCK UP. Get into some cover, "ENEMY TRACER LOCKED ON!BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP" also means GET THE FUCK OUT. Back up, get behind some buildings. Make it to where their rocket HAS to hit cover instead of you. Or carry the tracer anti-measure. One of the two.

If you back up and it's safe: GET OUT AND REPAIR. If you're in base and no one is hitting the tank: GET OUT TO REPAIR. KilltheMx never attempted to do it until I pissily sniped him a message to "REPAIR THE GODDAMN TANK" until AFTER we got taken out. WTF, guy?

While I'm at it: Here's something no one does and JM seems to have found out recently: YOU CAN REPAIR THE UAV! Amazing, I know.

If you get hit once or twice, you can bring the UAV back and get it repaired. I would love to repair your UAV provided I see the wrench icon and your UAV lowering/near me. WOULD LOVE IT. But no one seems to do it.

While I'm at it, if you're hurt and I'm chasing after you, I would love it if you stopped instead of hauling ass toward the enemy. 100% health is better than 50% health. I understand it's hard to know when you're being repaired as BC2 doesn't have the BC1 "green wrench icon" pop up, it only shows the tank HP going up. But if I'm mashing select to "STOP STOP STOP! LET ME IN! LET ME REPAIR! LET ME IN!" STOP. I'm trying to help!

Unless you're ballsy pushing toward the enemy to distract them and make sure they focus on the big tank instead of the people coming in/sneaking in: IT'S STUPID TO GO IN WITHOUT FULL HEALTH.

Also: You have kit items. USE THEM. If a tank is spotted and you're not in a gun battle and on defense (or hell, offense) ATTACK THE TANK. Your RPG is mid-long range capable. It's even capable of more if it has a tracer lock-on. KilltheMx never used his RPG when there was a tank in the base, on defense. WTF.

If assault: Throw out the ammo pack as much as possible once unlocked. Put it near a recon. They may need the motion mines (if Dreamgazer smart) or ammo for sniping (if "stupid recon dick" like I generally play). Hell, put it near teammates anyway. Even if you don't get points right then, you will get points later.

Same for medic. Throw out the medikit near anyone hurt. IT HELPS. It's right on the D-pad. RIGHT ON THE D-pad. That said, if the dumbasses LEAVE position instead of waiting for the big + icon rushing toward them and you throw a pack and they leave: FORGET THEM. It's not your problem.

Reviving: DO NOT REVIVE unless it's clear. It's annoying to be revived five times only to die within 10 seconds. Fersis is prone to doing this at times with me. Sometimes I want to change class to counter the thing that killed me/bigger threat on the map. The only time "revive EVERYTHING" comes into play is Ilsa Innocentes' small first set island defense where EVERY BODY COUNTS.

If Recon: THROW MOTION MINES at midrange. They give a heads up. If you're hiding and in a building, THROW IT AT YOUR FEET. It shows your squad/spawners anyone that is coming into the building.

Top Bottom