• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Gowans

Jumped when I saw this on Games on Demand on 360 so I wouldnt need a disc, jumped again when I saw the price £30 ?!?!?

Gowans007 said:
Jumped when I saw this on Games on Demand on 360 so I wouldnt need a disc, jumped again when I saw the price £30 ?!?!?

It's $39.99 Canadian, which is what it's retailing for.

Does this include VIP code and ultimate edition?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
betweenthewheels said:
As a noob, are there any websites out there that can get me up to speed with the multiplayer (map layouts, tips). Or is it trial by fire?

Spot spot spot (Q PC/Select and Back PS3/360 respectively)
Throw out ammo/medikits. If in doubt THROW IT OUT. Even if you don't get points right then, you'll get some eventually while waiting for cooldown so you can rethrow it.

THROW MOTION MINES IF MID-RANGE SNIPING. It's useful, it helps the team, IT'S USEFUL. Don't be a useless recon unless you're sitting in the back and spotting enemies in the scope.

REPAIR TANKS. RPG/MINE ENEMY TANKS.

Otherwise it's "trial by fire." But it's all common sense stuff.

Also have my $20 PSN card for Vietnam. Next Tuesday I'll redeem it once the store is updated and buy Vietnam.

Gowans

betweenthewheels said:
It's $39.99 Canadian, which is what it's retailing for.

Does this include VIP code and ultimate edition?
Nah it's standard edition, good point about the VIP code, don't know how that would work.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
betweenthewheels said:
As a noob, are there any websites out there that can get me up to speed with the multiplayer (map layouts, tips). Or is it trial by fire?
The map layouts are pretty easy to learn especially on rush, where you are spawning at point A and heading to point B by one of maybe 3 ways, with the odd secret way that isn't essential to know. You'll learn some particular positions that are advantageous and some of the positions that people are likely to be over time, but they aren't essential to playing the game.

betweenthewheels said:

Check the OP, huge FAQ right there. I should probably update that since the recent patches, but it's mostly accurate.

betweenthewheels said:

1)Watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p4fkH9qC4M

2)Read the war advices section HERE

(something that most people need to learn is to move their vehicle if they're getting mortar striked. A.k.a "don't just sit there if you're getting bombed")

3)If you want to be really anal, skim through the content on this site:
http://denkirson.xanga.com/722757523/bad-company-2/

There are plenty of sites showing the map overlay of the game.
However, most will be of no use to you until you actually play the game.

Spl1nter said:
lol did you put what the fuck in google translate just for me. I got two finals next Tuesday, Wednesday before Im done for the term. I dont need the distraction :/

Hahaha, actually took three years of Italian in college...way back when. I remember the important stuff.

Hurry up. In the meantime, the rest of us will enjoy the chance at getting the Ace pin for a few days.

TheSeks

Oh, sure. Get on for a minute and then get off, Faceless. :/

TheSeks

betweenthewheels said:
What does the tracking dart do, compared to just spotting?

Tracer makes the RPG-7 and Carl Gustav able to be "locked on" to whatever you tracer (any thing a "vehicle" anti-air wagons, anti-air/VADS, ATV, Humvee, Tank, even the mounted machine guns) provided an engineer "locks" the RPG-7/Carl on before firing their shot.

Useful, but it takes your pistol slot so you have to have a good primary for it and hope someone locks onto your dart.

TheSeks said:
Oh, sure. Get on for a minute and then get off, Faceless. :/
i was playing with rock and then he left. we were winning, but our team SSSSSUUUUUUCCCCKKKKEEEEDDDD... our two scores were around the same amount as the rest of the team combined. i kept playing for half a game, then my ISP started acting up again...

TheSeks said:
Tracer makes the RPG-7 and Carl Gustav able to be "locked on" to whatever you tracer (any thing a "vehicle" anti-air wagons, anti-air/VADS, ATV, Humvee, Tank, even the mounted machine guns) provided an engineer "locks" the RPG-7/Carl on before firing their shot.

Useful, but it takes your pistol slot so you have to have a good primary for it and hope someone locks onto your dart.
they lock onto people too.

Mully

TheSeks said:

The M136 AT4 also hones in on a tracer when it gets really close to one.

TheSeks

Mully said:
The M136 AT4 also hones in on a tracer when it gets really close to one.

Does it really? I never noticed.

And Cold War's radio tower is impossible to pass, you can crouch under it and it will completely block your advance. WTF, fix this shit, DICE.

Edit: OMG I JUST NOTICED YOU CAN ADD A FLAMETHROWER TO THE VIETNAM TANKS. trollface.jpg

There is a trailer for the game on the PSN store. "Hill 118" or something like that, it looks pretty good. Can't wait for next week!

I bet it's the alternate perk which means I'll be using that. Smokes are by far the best, but without tracers it loses a huge chunk of its appeal. That said, I'm doubting the game will have smoke.

Might have been the stupid wide road kill deal going on, but I launched my smoke as an enemy was drilling on it and it killed him. UAV smoke kills so I am wondering if the tank smoke can too.

AcridMeat

Banned
Just had a lengthy session last night for the first time in months to try out some of the new maps. Man I miss playing this, so many great moments. Running people over with ATVs/Trucks, blowing up enemy vehicles as they pass, driving off cliffs with my squadmates, laughing on Skype as we flip over and over. :lol

On another note, by doing away with the tracer dart arc, I can kill helicopters so easily now.
I know you can use flares to get rid of them, but it seems most pilots don't know that.

Mully

The Faceless Master said:
i'd have to see a mythbusters to believe that.
At the last second you'll see the missile veer off of your course and go directly towards whereever the tracer is.

TheSeks

betweenthewheels said:
Is there a noticeable difference between PS3/360, graphics or performance-wise?

No. What is with the questions. Didn't you already buy the game? Play the damn thing and stop worrying about the platforms. :/

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Seks... vinz was a gaffer so I didn't want to leave him by himself with randoms.

Was sending you the message via psn when my system froze. :/

Vinsanity

recklessmind said:
Seks... vinz was a gaffer so I didn't want to leave him by himself with randoms.

Was sending you the message via psn when my system froze. :/
Thanks for not abandoning me there. :lol
Good games tonight. The game is definitely that much better with people to play with. I still gotta get used to how fast you guys go from station to station when attacking.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Had to leave that NB defense... they only had two guys... it would have taken all night.

Everyone seems to still be quitting the old maps; especially NB and WP. :/

Can't keep a full room.

liposome said:
Thanks for not abandoning me there. :lol
Good games tonight. The game is definitely that much better with people to play with. I still gotta get used to how fast you guys go from station to station when attacking.

No problem. You did good... I was sucking pretty bad though.

UFRA

OMG I have to share this right now.

Playing conquest with abuC and Seks right now on Port Valdez.

Just started the match, all vehicles gone, running from the spawn to point A. (our spawn is the one on top of the big hill, as if we were attackers in Rush).

Enemy chopper battling with our chopper way up in the sky over an area between B and C.

I launch my AT4 at it, takes about 8 seconds to travel the distance, BOOM - FIRST SHOT.. Fucking nailed it, mid flight, while it was in heavy combat with another chopper. :lol :lol :lol

UFRA said:

Just started the match, all vehicles gone, running from the spawn to point A. (our spawn is the one on top of the big hill, as if we were attackers in Rush).

Enemy chopper battling with our chopper way up in the sky over an area between B and C.

I launch my AT4 at it, takes about 8 seconds to travel the distance, BOOM - FIRST SHOT.. Fucking nailed it, mid flight, while it was in heavy combat with another chopper. :lol :lol :lol

Damn, GT5 has conquest mode with AT4s?

TheSeks

LMAO. Faceless should've saw that. JM UAV killcam humping someone on Arica after we were steamrolled on join, we proceeded to steamlol them in return.

Cue rage quit and JM and Abu playing "how low into the chilly waters of Port Valadez Conquest can you go?" (SMH at JM catching on an oil pipe going under it, nearly killing us)

Edit: And the servers don't fill up all night. Everyone must be playing Oasis/Harvest Day conquest and then leaving to redo those maps. SMH.

Anyway, PS3 froze. Sorry Abu. But those were free wins, only one person stuck around and let us bleed ticket win and I got volunteering to do tomorrow and it's 1:30AM. So, I should really be getting to bed.

UFRA

TheSeks said:
LMAO. Faceless should've saw that. JM UAV killcam humping someone on Arica after we were steamrolled on join, we proceeded to steamlol them in return.

Cue rage quit and JM and Abu playing "how low into the chilly waters of Port Valadez Conquest can you go?" (SMH at JM catching on an oil pipe going under it, nearly killing us)

Edit: And the servers don't fill up all night. Everyone must be playing Oasis/Harvest Day conquest and then leaving to redo those maps. SMH.

Anyway, PS3 froze. Sorry Abu. But those were free wins, only one person stuck around and let us bleed ticket win and I got volunteering to do tomorrow and it's 1:30AM. So, I should really be getting to bed.

:lol :lol That was crazy. Talk about realism! My tail rotor was stuck in the oil pipe and I thought we were gonna go down for sure. But I managed to wiggle out of it.

abuC

TheSeks said:

That was helicopter limbo, Evolved spawned on my chopper as I started going under the pipeline a second time. He must have been wondering what the hell was going on :lol

UFRA said:

That was a great shot, I saw the missile come flying out of nowhere and hit the chopper. He was almost directly over B when you hit him.

Black Oops' terrible patch might be right in time to drive people back when Vietnam comes out - on PS3 at least. I'm hoping there will be a lot of people playing on 360 as well.

sw33tclyde said:
Black Oops' terrible patch might be right in time to drive people back when Vietnam comes out - on PS3 at least. I'm hoping there will be a lot of people playing on 360 as well.

I don't know any of our PS3 regulars who got sucked away by Black Ops.
(except Azrim maybe, but he's rarely even online anymore.)
I'm tempted to pick it up for 39.99 at Target's post Christmas Sale through.....*runs away from TheSeks*
(edit: just checked out the BlackOps thread and once again reminded myself why I shouldn't bother)

If anything, GT5 has been the one sucking PS3 players away, and it's bound to get worst with the major new patches coming.

Huggers

After much procrastinating, I finally bought this today, went to jump into a game only to find a 1752mb update! Fuck a duck. On my connection I should be playing in time for Christmas. I need some Bad Company friends who are up for guiding a noob a little in their squad. PSN name; Huggers

Top Bottom