• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
BrLvgThrChmstry said:
Lol, sorry! ...I know this sounds stupid but, I hate to leave an already crippled team mid-game, especially when their team is low on numbers. Though I do love the joy steamrolling with fellow gaffers brings -- I sometimes enjoy a good, almost impenetrable, organized challenging opposition... Which usually ends in a agonizing defeat.

Man, I left my squad yesterday and spammed you invites so you wouldn't lose. WTF man. :lol

TheSeks said:
Man, I left my squad yesterday and spammed you invites so you wouldn't lose. WTF man. :lol

Hah, sorry. I honestly thought they had a chance at winning. Boy was I wrong...

Hey, Meppi64. How do you like my ATV skills!? Lol, I'm surprised we won the Oasis attack. Our team was mostly garbage :\

Chojin said:
Hey guys, I got the Vietnam expansion as well. Anyone on 360 GAF please add me

JPbishi on Live

added :)

Fake edit: I usually don't like to brag, but I went 25-8 on defense, 52-25 on attacking @Hill 137. Best games I've ever had, M60 medic is made of bits of rape and win.

Man, it's been a few days since I played. I'm feeling the itch! I need to play tonight. If ya'll are getting on tonight on PS3, just be sure to look out for me. :D

moojito said:
Good advice above, there.

I have to say I'm finding it very tough to take down choppers in vietnam. Is peppering them with assault rifles viable? Or is super lucky rocket launcher hits the only option?

Best way to take out the Huey is to grab one of those 4 seat jeeps with the mounted turret. Those things are killer. Especially the ones the Vietnamese get. Whenever I play on Phu Bai Valley while everyone is scrambling for a tank or seat in the Huey, I make sure I hunt down that fucking jeep. :lol

1stStrike

Banned
I'm too tired to play tonight... I think I'm just gonna watch a movie and go to bed. Sorry guys :|

I'm working 11 am - 11 pm tomorrow, so probably won't be on again till monday.

TheSeks

CrazedProfessional said:
YOu have the wrong idea, I'm saying I feel useless, not because I just want to kill.

You could have a 0.00 KDR and still be more useful than 99% of the randoms in BC2 provided you have your kit items unlocked and are using them.

I have had negative KDR's in rounds but being the ace/top player of the round doing nothing but going around reviving and healing people while supporting them as needed. That's the beauty of Battlefield. You don't need to kill to win games. (Well, you do, but you get my point)

Honestly, don't worry about dying. Everyone has to do it the first time they start out and get the unlocks and skills as time goes on.

GGs on Arica Desert. My team of underdogs made it to the third set on miracles alone, Lol. My team was quite saddened when that third miracle didn't come through.

1stStrike said:
I'm too tired to play tonight... I think I'm just gonna watch a movie and go to bed. Sorry guys :|

I'm working 11 am - 11 pm tomorrow, so probably won't be on again till monday.
I won't be playing today as well. It's Christmas, time for the movies while my B-spec driver doesn't get the day off and work his ass off with endurance races

kai3345

Banned
just got the PC version from the steams ale the other day. loving it except for fucking punkbuster keeps randomly kicking me from games for no reason

Daigoro

i re-bought because of the steam version the other day too, havent bought Vietnam yet.

just got kicked because of punkbuster as well. never had this issue when i played before. im only at lv 10 on PC (played the hell put of the 360 version though). punkbuster is so fucking annoying.

so i played valinna for the first time in a long ass time on PC. i played on two maps i didnt recognize at all, and hitched a ride on a jeep where you hang off the back. the hell? had it really been that long or was i playing on somebodies server with added shit?

i dont remember this shit at all.

i was having fun until PB kicked me. fucking bullshit.

esit: oh awesome. updated PB and now game crashes at the load screen. how fun!

Played some vanilla tonight. Fuck, so many new players! Feels like launch week, no shit. 80% were under level 15 in one game, and the rest were 20ish! AT mine kills like crazy. Steam sale + Xmas?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I need to play some vanilla to finally get my C4 and Mine insignias... Port Valdez defense, here I come!

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I know this isn't the BST thread but this is the BFBC2 thread so... I have two Battlefield: Bad Company 2 VIP codes for the 360. PM if interested with an offer.

TheSeks

recklessmind said:
I need to play some vanilla to finally get my C4 and Mine insignias... Port Valdez defense, here I come!

:lol Vanilla is still the best for the AT Mines as it seems the mines in Vietnam are pretty useless.

Evolved1

Omfg... my relatives are staying at my house because of the snowstorm!!!! AHHHAHAHAAAA!!!!

Daigoro

Nabs said:
make sure you don't have d3d running or something like that
Is there some sort of conflict with d3d and PB?

I was pretty sure I had d3d running before the manual update. Ill try that later though. Thanks Nabs.

olimpia84

good rush games last night. As usual Memorycure was in the other team, but they did put up a good fight this time around :lol

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Daigoro said:
Is there some sort of conflict with d3d and PB?
There's a conflict between PB and pretty much everything. It especially hates overlays. They never even bothered to fix PB kicking you for allowing the Steam overlay in COD4. Took me a good 3 months to figure it out.

ZZMitch

Daigoro said:
yeah, that fixed it. gotta use vsync now? boo. punkbuster is so lame.

thanks guys.

I fixed an issue with PB and D3D (in Cod4, but I haven't had any issues with PB and BFBC2 yet either) by disabling RivaTuner Event Logging since I don't use that ever anyway.

Give that a try maybe.

Deadly

So I'm using the settings configuration program posted on the last page and I'm having huge problems setting my sensitivity. I removed the negative acceleration thing and I'm trying to set things but ingame it becomes 0 everywhere. Help please :lol

Lumine

I just started with the multiplayer on this game. So.. first things first: Whats the default button to spot enemies? It doesn't seem to be listed in the options menu? :(

ZZMitch

Lumine said:
I just started with the multiplayer on this game. So.. first things first: Whats the default button to spot enemies? It doesn't seem to be listed in the options menu? :(

Q for me atleast

Vantage Point as attackers is impossible if your team is not working together...

edit: i mean in all other maps you can pretty much solo or bomb targets just with a couple of guys. In Vantage Point, getting B really requires a big push from the whole team.

Calion

Noisepurge said:
Vantage Point as attackers is impossible if your team is not working together...

edit: i mean in all other maps you can pretty much solo or bomb targets just with a couple of guys. In Vantage Point, getting B really requires a big push from the whole team.

Yeah, it's a bloody, spawn camping mess if the attackers are the least bit disorganized. Seks can back me up on this, As defenders on the first set, it got ugly.

Evolved1

So I decide to take a break from Vietnam and my visiting family for a bit... kill some noobs. Hopefully get C4/mine kills.

I end up on a useless random team, but actually have two decent people in my squad (some girl and a guy who was very new, but good) we are able to eke out a defense on Port Valdez and then get defeated on attack/defense of Arica Harbor. These people I'm playing with are really cool and even though losing because our team was frustrating, it was still fun.

And anyway... I killed 8 tanks with C4 in that span of time. Few of those there were two people in the tank and once I even got a triple kill because an engineer was repairing.

So I log off and go to see how many more C4 kills I need for the insignia. *bam* Stats gone, level 1 again.

I swear to fucking god if those games got wiped I will drown one of my relatives in the fruit punch.

Evolved1

1stStrike said:
Where's my punch bish? Don't hog it all :p

Probably not a good idea to drink my family's fruit punch and work at the same time... we're irish... it's like 100 proof. :lol

kind of joking

1stStrike

Banned
recklessmind said:
Probably not a good idea to drink my family's fruit punch and work at the same time... we're irish... it's like 100 proof. :lol

kind of joking

I'm irish and german. Alcohol runs through my veins.

Today is actually really slow work-wise. The hardest issue I had to fix was a couple of errors in an apache configuration file and installing a wildcard SSL certificate... it's otherwise just been easy shit which I could easily do while intoxicated :lol

Evolved1

1stStrike said:
I'm irish and german. Alcohol runs through my veins.

Today is actually really slow work-wise. The hardest issue I had to fix was a couple of errors in an apache configuration file and installing a wildcard SSL certificate... it's otherwise just been easy shit which I could easily do while intoxicated :lol

Did you finally fix circle strafing?

recklessmind said:

kind of joking
:lol :lol :lol

my family's from the caribbean, so we make the fruit punch virgin and put all the liquor next to it.

TheSeks

God, I hate Oasis. Why can't we have VADS so if there is a shitty gunner at the start of hte round (SMH randoms) we can at least recover from helicopter rape by someone competent (IE: ME).

Evolved1

I'm taking a break from this until the servers get sorted out... I keep getting freezes and losing stats I'm working pretty hard for.

abuC

I'll probably be on again later.

Im actually having a little trouble adjusting back to BC2 too, still getting kills but my aim with the tank is way off.

The Faceless Master said:
yeah, the one thing that Vietnam changed that helped make Vanilla BC2 worse is Assaults having C4 *and* the Ammo Pack.
Definitely. Hopefully for BF3 the assault C4 will be replaced by an HK69 - it's a pretty easy weapon to model and would go well with the all-class weapons if you're an assault.

Top Bottom