• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Nabs

BloodySinner said:
Just reinstalled the game. I forgot how much of a mess the server browser is. I can't tell if I enabled something or disabled in the the filter options. I also can't see pings other than 999. How do I fix this?
check anything you want (ranked?) cross anything you don't (full/empty server?) ignore anything you don't care about (ea server?)

the server browser is fine

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
BloodySinner said:
Just reinstalled the game. I forgot how much of a mess the server browser is. I can't tell if I enabled something or disabled in the the filter options. I also can't see pings other than 999. How do I fix this?
Check your firewall and launch as admin (although I thought you didn't need to do this anymore).

blanky

I've got a case of the 'grass is always greener on the other side', a friend in my house got BC2 on the pc. He's only running it on medium, but some aspects just look and feel so much better. Obviously KB/M > controller for this, but the clarity and higher fps. The water! Real sweet.

That said, when is BC2 going to acknowledge that I have a bronze medal for every gun? :( I checked my stats the other day and saw that the UZI, M9, MP-443 and M93R were bugged, they'd display being bronze but the Uzi only has 19 kills and the others were not bronze according to the website.

So I played a few games until I'd get a new medal for these guns, which turned out to be Silver at respectively 25 kills on each of them :| Still no patches for all weapons bronze and all vehicles bronze! :( that's 15k i'd love to have.

Oh and Oasis <3 even with just the pistol play, which is so much fun, 45 kills :D Awesome points.

oh and I HATE the m10 with a passion, piece of shit machinery.

blanky said:
That said, when is BC2 going to acknowledge that I have a bronze medal for every gun? :( I checked my stats the other day and saw that the UZI, M9, MP-443 and M93R were bugged, they'd display being bronze but the Uzi only has 19 kills and the others were not bronze according to the website.
It's not. I have a gold star or better for every weapon, gadget, and vehicle, but still don't have the 'all bronze stars' insignia.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The Faceless Master said:
man, Vanilla is full of retards and recons on both teams. that or every game i joined was full of them...

It's honestly an even split between both Viet and Vanilla on PS3.

It's why I barely bother to play unless Abu and others are on.

That said, when is BC2 going to acknowledge that I have a bronze medal for every gun?

Probably never. Some people get a glitch where you get all the starts but nothing is unlocked. Some of us had that at launch, the fixed it and we got the insignia. Some had the problem since launch, got "fixed" but didn't get it. *shrug* Sorry, duder.

DICE actually released new free maps for BC2?!

2 Free
2 Free remakes from BC1
4 pay for (Vietnam)/5 pay for (techincally, unlock contest in Vietnam right now)

All came in the last patch.

blanky

Ah well, I had already accepted it, but when I recently peeked at the stats on the website I thought I had solved it.

does anyone have tips regarding the M10 and Uzi on vietnam, I kinda want to get the achievements for that since BC2 was one of the 2 games I 100%'d but that gun is really getting on my nerves.

Daigoro

thanks seks. didnt realize 2 were remakes.

thats cool though. free real content is very welcome. i had lost hope there for a bit. looking forward to playing on the newer maps.

gonna pick up Vietnam soon too.

poppabk said:
VSS coupled with C4 and motion mines is awesome. I miss motion mines so much in vietnam.

love motions mines. once i finally started playing recon i couldnt stop.

its my most used class by far now (after maxing out all classes prior), and i have a grand total of 2 kills with sniper rifles. :lol

gotta start whoring that VSS now.

just wish i could ditch the gilly suit.

abuC

I've been pretty bad lately, not just in Vietnam, Im having trouble aiming which was never an issue.

I had a game last night where I scored 50pts for the damn game, I was trying to snipe with the SVD and that's just not my forte. Im probably the worst sniper on GAF, which is why I rarely do it.

TheSeks

abuC said:
I had a game last night where I scored 50pts for the damn game, I was trying to snipe with the SVD and that's just not my forte. Im probably the worst sniper on GAF, which is why I rarely do it.

Which is odd and weird as you're better at everything else than some of GAF. :p Also the SVD > M21 or whatever the M semi-auto is. Shitty scope and I can't aim it worth a damn so I have to spam it and die constantly. I'm better with bolt actions and the SVD due to MGS3. :lol

Also:

My Battlefield Badass Stats said:
# Time Played: 16d, 12h, 45m

Holy shit, I've played the game for FARRRRR longer than I thought I had. :lol

abuC said:
I've been pretty bad lately, not just in Vietnam, Im having trouble aiming which was never an issue.

You wanna bet on that?:lol

I've lost the finesse it takes to be an effective sniper. When the game first launched Recon was my preferred class and I was a pretty good marksman if I must say so. I rarely missed a shot from failure to estimate distance properly and I was very good at headshotting moving targets.

After switching to playing mainly other classes, it's lucky if I estimate the distance on a target that's standing still on the first try. :-|

abuC

TheSeks said:
Which is odd and weird as you're better at everything else than some of GAF. :p Also the SVD > M21 or whatever the M semi-auto is. Shitty scope and I can't aim it worth a damn so I have to spam it and die constantly. I'm better with bolt actions and the SVD due to MGS3. :lol

I think I might be way too aggressive and impatient when I snipe, just sitting around and waiting makes me paranoid too. I think someone is right around the corner and will knife me. I like the M40 though, but that SVD is a bitch.

Dreamgazer said:
You wanna bet on that?:lol

Im by far the worst, only time I do well is when I put an ACOG on the M95 and treat it like a assault rifle. This is the background music that plays when I snipe, it just starts playing out of thin air.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ

Huggers

I just had some savagely effective games on Vietnam. I've got dramatically better in a very short time on this game. Also, the boats if positioned and repositioned during the fight can be devastating

TheSeks

Stats still aren't being saved. Hate playing with no unlocks. But rock, Abu, and I steamrolled a team with nothing but default weapons. Spiderman3SoGood.gif

abuC

Sorry to all those I crashed the helicopter with today, refer to my previous post, I'm playing really poorly lately!

abuC said:

M40 man It's all about the M40. Far away pop some heads off. Upclose go for quickscope center mass. I doubt you are the worst sniper on GAF.

I also move around and a lot of times I snipe upclose.

It's all just a matter of time before my "tnt around the mcom" defense strategy takes off. Pretty soon, no one will be able to arm an mcom without blowing up.

Crakatak187 said:
M40 man It's all about the M40. Far away pop some heads off. Upclose go for quickscope center mass. I doubt you are the worst sniper on GAF.

I also move around and a lot of times I snipe upclose.
i was having problems with the other recon rifles too... i dunno why, they just seem to suck! i do ok with the vanilla rifles that have the same stats!

alredy got a gold star with the bolt action and working on the others...

bean breath said:
It's all just a matter of time before my "tnt around the mcom" defense strategy takes off. Pretty soon, no one will be able to arm an mcom without blowing up.
:lol :lol :lol

Mully

i was having problems with the other recon rifles too... i dunno why, they just seem to suck! i do ok with the vanilla rifles that have the same stats!

alredy got a gold star with the bolt action and working on the others...

:lol :lol :lol

Not a fan of the M21. Any advice?

What I noticed the other sniper rifles doesn't zoom as far as the M40. There were times I accidently picked the wrong rifle and reacted "WTF is this shit!?".

Crakatak187 said:
What I noticed the other sniper rifles doesn't zoom as far as the M40. There were times I accidently picked the wrong rifle and reacted "WTF is this shit!?".
Yeah it's definitely more of a mobile Recon weapon for medium-ranged engagements. I love it like crazy and the M40 for different reasons. I really dig the M21's ACOG/scope hybrid!

Just about 13 mil left for Hastings! :D

manomanx2

Neo Member
Anybody know why I keep getting the error message: "Failed to connect to EA Online" when I click log-in/play now/servers/vietnam/friendlist or anything like that? I can't even get to the log-in menu. I just bought the game through Steam sale and it's really frustrating the hell out of me. I just did a fresh install of Windows 7, opened all the ports, did the ECN disabling thing, turned off my firewall, restarted my computer, etc, etc. Do I need to register my CD Key somewhere or create an account (which I did at the EA website) or something? Someone help me out!

tips? uhh... get used to the kick so you can hit consecutive shots in the same spot. i dunno, i just don't like 'em and i liked the T88 /SVU in Vanilla.
Yeah, just wait for the kick to return its spot. You can't really spam the trigger, go a little easy and it's great.

Miggytronz

I dont know why me and my friends never sniped this game upon first release. My friends and I are having a fucking blast playing this.

Question: The Update #3 pretty much installed the VIP maps on my xbox, so when I got the VIP download it just unlocked those maps?

sk3tch

Mikasangelos said:
I dont know why me and my friends never sniped this game upon first release. My friends and I are having a fucking blast playing this.

Question: The Update #3 pretty much installed the VIP maps on my xbox, so when I got the VIP download it just unlocked those maps?

yeah the recent 1.2+GB update includes the whole shooting match (new "free" VIP maps and Vietnam)...the earlier "free" VIP maps were just unlocks from disc. When you get VIP it just downloads a small file that unlocks everything. Same for Vietnam.

Miggytronz

sk3tch said:
yeah the recent 1.2+GB update includes the whole shooting match (new "free" VIP maps and Vietnam)...the earlier "free" VIP maps were just unlocks from disc. When you get VIP it just downloads a small file that unlocks everything. Same for Vietnam.

ok so with the purchase of the VIP i get VIETNAM free? because when i went back to market it wasnt listed as free, it was asking me to add points.

moojito

No, vietnam isn't free. If you buy it, you already have the content installed, but it'll sit there unused unless you have it unlocked.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Mikasangelos said:
You guys using Turtle Beaches, what audio setting are you using? War Tapes the best?
No wartapes is overrated shit. Do you want to hear ever sound over-blown/exaggerated to ridiculous levels? Then by all means go for it.

Miggytronz

Stallion Free said:
No wartapes is overrated shit. Do you want to hear ever sound over-blown/exaggerated to ridiculous levels? Then by all means go for it.

whoa whoa whoa calm down. :lol

what would you recommend, cinema?

Stallion Free said:
Surprisingly this is one of the few things I disagree with Stallion Free. Your Audio Mix "Cinema, WarTapes, Speakers, Headphones" are all independent from how many speakers you have.

You can confirm this for yourself if you check in BC2's .ini files. I've been running War Tapes with 5.1 for a while now and it's heavenly.

War Tapes is boss. It simulates the effect you'd get from the old-school war-tapes from history where a mic is on a soldier out in the battlefield. It defines the sounds nearer to you, while giving you a deeper low-end deafening on sounds that have such effect, like explosions. Oh and the environment alone sounds a bit more like your actually there.

The best way to hear the difference is switching it from war-tapes to your usual setting while your in a game, switch it on and off while your just sitting around alone and you'll hear the differences. Then go into battle or shoot off some rounds and see what I mean.

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
I've had a difficult time finding PC GAF Squad the last few nights; is it just that everyone's still busy with holiday family gatherings? Need my dose of Vietnam GAF! :lol

Top Bottom