• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Rush with GAF still needs a little bit more work compared to Conquest.
Everyone can kind of do their own thing in conquest and we really don't communicate as much.

In rush, the regulars all kind of have a role that they stick with, and communication is much more important in that game mode.

Hence why Rush is sometimes the preferred game mode here - it still feels like some degree of challange when we're steamrolling:lol

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
dope4goldrope said:
Sek really spazzed out on me because I missed a boat kill in the Temples. I've had the game since launch and that was the first time someone has sent me a message calling me an idiot. :lol

I'd like to think I more than made up for that by finishing in the top 3 the rest of the games. :)

Me said:
Also Ilimatic or however it's spell. I'm just pissed at you for missing the "ENEMY BOAT SPOTTED" I lined the boat up for boat-to-boat destroying purposes and I'm sitting there like "THERE'S A BOAT! FIRE!"

*get out, spot it*

"He's still not firing. WTF!"

But you redeemed yourself on C in Vantage Point conquest. I ran out of rockets hitting cover trying to take the tank they stole out, and you and the rest of the squad spawned and backed me up and we took it back. Major props.

Certainly worth your weight in gold when you're noticing things. :p I took that boat to make sure they didn't haul ass toward C again. I pick you up, thinking you'd get out and swim after I get you near B. I line up to make sure the gun seat is ready for their boat, and you don't take them out. I'm sitting there like ">:|"

betweenthewheels said:
I may have to try that. I usually play with randoms in Rush which is usually frustrating, sometimes decent.

How close do you need to be to the flag btw?
depends on the flag. acually, i should point out that the flag isn't in the middle of the capture area, nor are the areas circular. some flags are pretty far away from the center.

ZZMitch

Bought in the steam sale, and game is amazing, coming from playing mostly CoD in terms of online fps the last few years this is great.

All the building destruction and vehicles make everything so crazy. Something has to be said for running from building to building taking pot shots at dudes while a tank and helicopter blow holes in the buildings your in, really exhilarating experience.

My brother is gifting me Vietnam for Christmas, can't wait to get into that!

I have to ask through, shouldn't you be able to shoot down trees and things in this? I thought you could, but I have shot at trees for ever and they won't fall! :lol

1stStrike

Banned
ZZMitch said:
Bought in the steam sale, and game is amazing, coming from playing mostly CoD in terms of online fps the last few years this is great.

All the building destruction and vehicles make everything so crazy. Something has to be said for running from building to building taking pot shots at dudes while a tank and helicopter blow holes in the buildings your in, really exhilarating experience.

My brother is gifting me Vietnam for Christmas, can't wait to get into that!

I have to ask through, shouldn't you be able to shoot down trees and things in this? I thought you could, but I have shot at trees for ever and they won't fall! :lol

Welcome to the club. And, yes, you can shoot down trees - just need some high caliber weapons like tank guns, turrets, explosives, etc. Some can't be shot down (like some of the really big trees) but most everything else can.

ZZMitch

1stStrike said:
Welcome to the club. And, yes, you can shoot down trees - just need some high caliber weapons like tank guns, turrets, explosives, etc. Some can't be shot down (like some of the really big trees) but most everything else can.

Gotcha, thanks.

The game really clicked for me when I entered a server that wasn't a hardcore server (didn't actually know, I just entered a server today and realized I had a recticle now! :lol ). Spotting and using the minimap really opens the game up imo.

1stStrike

Banned
Just wait till you try vietnam - no motion mines, only scopes on a couple of the sniper rifles, and iron sights on the rest, with flamethrowers (on the tanks too!) and a nearly impossible to win map on the attacking side on rush :lol

Oh, and some bad ass 60's music to kill people to :D

ZZMitch

1stStrike said:
Just wait till you try vietnam - no motion mines, only scopes on a couple of the sniper rifles, and iron sights on the rest, with flamethrowers (on the tanks too!) and a nearly impossible to win map on the attacking side on rush :lol

Oh, and some bad ass 60's music to kill people to :D

Yeah, I opened the Vietnam tab on the Bad Company 2 menu and was greated by some of those tunes :D

Mully

GG's over on the 360. Baron and Rev really know how to keep a game entertaining just by barking orders and playing like a squad. GG's all around boys.

Kibbles

1stStrike said:
This was freaking me out on Oasis. in BC1 you could knock down the trees in like 2 knife stabs. I was just screwing around trying to knock a tree down. 1 knife. 2 knife. 3 knife. Then I start lighting it up with my gun and still nothing. >.>

ZZMitch

Kibbles said:
This was freaking me out on Oasis. in BC1 you could knock down the trees in like 2 knife stabs. I was just screwing around trying to knock a tree down. 1 knife. 2 knife. 3 knife. Then I start lighting it up with my gun and still nothing. >.>

Yeah, I had played a bit of BC1, that is why I was confused!

edit- add me too!

ZZMitch

Hey PC GAF, I'm new to your ranks, switched over from PS3 BC2 and only have a handful of people on my BC2 list. Feel free to add me if you're up for a game: bkaREV.

TheSeks

Everybodies playing Vietnam. No one is playing Vanilla. :(

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
:lol played vanilla for the first time in months and the Gustav is still amazing

pc_Ikuu.png

I should stop using it, but it's just so good.

TheSeks

olimpia84 said:
gee I wonder why!

4 maps get boring after a bit, man. Steamroll the newbies with me in vanilla. :(

I went 8 kills before dying on Conquest, FFS.

TheSeks

Abu, JM, Calion82: LOOOOOOOOOOOL.

"aadams84"
PSN message: LAME
"Get some skill, dude."

Him crying because I mowed his entire team down until they took me out AFTER the crate was destroyed. I was 22HP on that blackhawk until I landed it and mowed his team down. It's a legit tactic, and considering his team abused tank sniping in Arica Harbor, I don't want to hear it.

ZZMitch

I am completely in love with the vanilla version... I should be getting Vietnam for Christmas... if you are tell me it is even better?

Mother of God.

Calion

TheSeks said:
Abu, JM, C: LOOOOOOOOOOOL.

"aadams84"
PSN message: LAME
"Get some skill, dude."

Him crying because I mowed his entire team down until they took me out AFTER the crate was destroyed. I was 22HP on that blackhawk until I landed it and mowed his team down. It's a legit tactic, and considering his team abused tank sniping in Arica Harbor, I don't want to hear it.
:lol Congrats on your mail.

And sorry once again about ditching you in the tank on Arica... : (

TheSeks

Calion82v said:
:lol Congrats on your mail.

And sorry once again about ditching you in the tank on Arica... : (

Hilarious thing is, he ragequitted that Cold War round. Too much owning him and his team with a stationary they could've/should've took out after by passing me FIVE TIMES AND KILLING ME? And I'm the one that needs skill?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

UFRA

I got a hilarious kill on Cold War today with that huge transport truck. I took it all the way up to the top of the hill in our spawn (attackers) and then turned around.

The truck only had 7% health left. I drove down the hill as fast as I could, and oh what a lucky treat for me...

...a guy standing right in the middle of the road, looking the opposite way (unfortunately killed either abuC or 8bitgeorge, can't remember who).

*SPLAT!!* [Roadkill]

"YESSS - That was awes- "

*BOOM*

Crashed into a building and exploded instantly. This all happened within like 2 seconds. :lol

BC2-GAF, PC version here. any advice on how to play in public servers? I feel so weak because within 20 seconds of spawning I die to A tank or two that are parking in a choke point. For some reason everyone is hiding behind rocks rather than actually trying to take any heavy vehicles out and it ultimately gets the team nowhere.

It makes me hate the game and cuss at tanks because all I want to do is kill people. Why does nobody use the tracer dart? Blarg! Then if it isn't tanks it's level 43 dudes in Helicopters! It makes me hate this game and hate life :(

1stStrike

Banned
UFRA said:
I got a hilarious kill on Cold War today with that huge transport truck. I took it all the way up to the top of the hill in our spawn (attackers) and then turned around.

The truck only had 7% health left. I drove down the hill as fast as I could, and oh what a lucky treat for me...

...a guy standing right in the middle of the road, looking the opposite way (unfortunately killed either abuC or 8bitgeorge, can't remember who).

*SPLAT!!* [Roadkill]

"YESSS - That was awes- "

*BOOM*

Crashed into a building and exploded instantly. This all happened within like 2 seconds. :lol

:lol

I got a road kill in that tiny ass white vehicle about the size of a golf cart in vietnam the other day. I was driving down the road, and some guy was just standing in the middle and started shooting at me - so I kept driving and SPLAT he was dead. Funniest road kill ever imo :lol :lol

TheSeks

CrazedProfessional said:
It makes me hate the game and cuss at tanks because all I want to do is kill people.

Then play Call of Duty. :|

Or optionally, go to Squad Deathmatch if you aren't doing that already.

Why does nobody use the tracer dart?

Because it takes up your pistol slot and no one wants to give up their backup to play support roles.

Then if it isn't tanks it's level 43 dudes in Helicopters!

Then leave servers that don't have helicopters. Atacama, Port Valadez, and maybe one other map are the only maps that have helicopters that spawn in Rush and Conquest. Tanks are in more of the maps and Arica Conquest is totally infantry with the exception of ATV's.

But if you're playing just to "get kills" you're playing the game wrong.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
abuC said:
Memorycure why do you oppose the Gaf machine! I see you against us more often than with us.

I know he always ignores my squad invites... but I thought it was just me!

Glad to know he dislikes all of us equally. :lol

1stStrike said:

I got a road kill in that tiny ass white vehicle about the size of a golf cart in vietnam the other day. I was driving down the road, and some guy was just standing in the middle and started shooting at me - so I kept driving and SPLAT he was dead. Funniest road kill ever imo :lol :lol

I watched that on the spawn cam it was hilarious... I was ike, "Is he gonna... did that guy just.. hahaomghaha!"

1stStrike

Banned
Erasus said:
Vietnam is damn cheap right now on the EA Store!

http://eastore.ea.com/store/eaemea/...etailsPage/ThemeID.850300/productID.219316800

Just got it and played for about an hour. I like it, feels a bit simpler than BFBC2 though.

Got any general Vietnam tips?

Learn how to use iron sights, don't be a douche and drive the boat right up next to the shore so they can get easy shots on it, and blend in with the environment as much as possible since that's to your advantage with no motion mines. Also, don't just charge in blindly to the fight - take a look at where the action is and try to get a good vantage point so you can pick people off or just destroy them from behind.

moojito

Good advice above, there.

I have to say I'm finding it very tough to take down choppers in vietnam. Is peppering them with assault rifles viable? Or is super lucky rocket launcher hits the only option?

Evolved1

moojito said:

I have to say I'm finding it very tough to take down choppers in vietnam. Is peppering them with assault rifles viable? Or is super lucky rocket launcher hits the only option?

I killed a chopper with an AK + pistol. :lol

Just shoot them dude, everything works.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
moojito said:

I wouldn't bother shooting them with an assault rifle, use the LMG or grab a tank and shoot them down.

TheSeks

Ikuu said:
I wouldn't bother shooting them with an assault rifle, use the LMG or grab a tank and shoot them down.

Pfft. Assaults have infinite ammo. That plus Magnum Ammo = spray spray spray.

TheSeks said:
Then play Call of Duty. :|

Or optionally, go to Squad Deathmatch if you aren't doing that already.
but Squad DM is all about equipping V-ELECT and V-ARMOR and having a couple of engineers cruise around in the tank racking up kills.

recklessmind said:
I killed a chopper with an AK + pistol. :lol

Just shoot them dude, everything works.
i've killed like 5 choppers now with the TT33!

moojito

On the excellent advice of this thread's esteemed members I ran out on some big map with a sniper rifle, aimed carefully at a distant chopper and one-shotted that bad boy out of the sky. I was like:

feelsgoodmandogtext.jpg

Anony

i dont know why, but bc2 runs like ass for me
i'm hovering around the 30fps mark, dips and goes over
i'm checking my cpu and gpu usage, and cpu is around 90s% load, but gpu is only ~40% load

that's 60% of gpu power not used, which is total bs

my vid card is 5670, i know it's low end, but 60% is ridiculous
running at 1440x900, everything on medium except on texture quality which is on high
i've played with various settings, and found that scaling resolution does not really affect the fps, i can go 1680x1050 and maybe lose a few fps
also, i'm running in DX9 mode because DX11 runs really bad

abuC said:
Memorycure why do you oppose the Gaf machine! I see you against us more often than with us.

Lol, sorry! ...I know this sounds stupid but, I hate to leave an already crippled team mid-game, especially when their team is low on numbers. Though I do love the joy steamrolling with fellow gaffers brings -- I sometimes enjoy a good, almost impenetrable, organized challenging opposition... Which usually ends in a agonizing defeat.

Evolved1

BrLvgThrChmstry said:
Lol, sorry! ...I know this sounds stupid but, I hate to leave an already crippled team mid-game, especially when their team is low on numbers. Though I do love the joy steamrolling with fellow gaffers brings -- I sometimes enjoy a good, almost impenetrable, organized challenging opposition... Which usually ends in a agonizing defeat.

Well I've noticed you usually account for most any resistance an opposing team can muster... I send you squad invites so you'll stop sabotaging my kill streaks. :lol

When you eventually do come over I notice the game becomes less of a challenge to win, and more about trying to scrounge up and distribute steamrolling points. Not enough kills to go around!

It does get kind of boring... the most memorable game I've had in vietnam was when a couple of us eked out a win against a more or less full strength gaf team. It was pretty epic.

Top Bottom