• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

olimpia84

TheSeks said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol "Stacked teams" :lol :lol :lol :lol

Dude, GAF generally rolls deep and hard on 12 vs 12. We roll them five times with little to no sweat because they decide to NOT FUCKING ATTACK AND SIT IN THEIR SPAWN.

That's what I hate the most when playing defense. Especially on Arica and Laguna where for some reason they just sit back and snipe.

Then they rage quit because we decide to attack and basically roll them down like bowling pins.

And this is my favorite part. Getting to the MCOMs as fast as possible to arm them. My suicidal approach of getting to the MCOMs as fast as possible only works when I'm playing with gaffers because I get cover while running for the objective. With randoms it's basically impossible because they don't know what they're doing most of the time (which is why I dislike Rush because in Conquest it's easier to put the team on your shoulders and win)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
betweenthewheels said:
Is there a way on console to create an empty server?

I need it to practice flying the heli

Onslaught mode.

Meanwhile: They see me trolling, they ragequitting, letting me join AbuC and the others fucking finally.

Yeah when there are gaffers near the M-COMs I tell them to stay back and protect the M-com from a distance when I do a suicidal arm. The servers we joined yesterday the oppossing team was winning by a landslide until they met Dan, me, Seks, and forgot the 4th guy :lol

TheSeks

I dunno who lurtb1 is (friend of yours Cal?) but he's kinda shitty and won't ever change classes. :|

Calion

TheSeks said:
I dunno who lurtb1 is (friend of yours Cal?) but he's kinda shitty and won't ever change classes. :|

Yeah, he's a friend of mine. I'll do my best to politely convey that to him. :lol

dralla

I killed 5 dudes on a flank with the SAIGA w/ extended shotty rounds. let me tell you, it felt good, man. I think i may do a couple more shotty vids, this time with the auto shotties.

amd fuck all those idiots who wait near helo spawns, half my team was there waiting while I was getting murdered by the other team trying to cap bases by myself.

The M9 has become my go to pistol because of it's lack of recoil. You can fire all 12 shots rapidly without it moving, it lacks the power of others but it's not really important to me. I wish the burst pistol was better, it's incredibly weak given its major recoil

TheSeks

Calion82v said:
Yeah, he's a friend of mine. I'll do my best to politely convey that to him. :lol

I'm like "Yeah, because we oh so need a sniper on DEFENSE in Arica. Right. :|" So I started to troll him a little. If he's trying to get the unlocks, at least do it in Conquest. Rush snipers need a little more than sitting in the back of the base up in a tower, man.

That rush attack game was annoying as hell. Everyone dying all over and someone nemesising me because the bastard kept getting/staying in our base on "MOVE UP." :| At least we won.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I think i saw TheSeks 'teabagging' an enemy.

Fersis said:
Hah, today some bitch popped out of a bush to day and killed me. A random medic blew him away, revived me and started teabagging the enemy that killed me. I was like "wtf!" One of the first teabags I've seen in the game. :lol

bean breath said:
Haven't been able to get up there in rush, I try and get stuck, think i'm taking the wrong path. Not sure if it's better suited to attacking or defending because of the out of bounds.

Are we taking about the same spot? The cliff face over looking the walled temple at the last set?
no, i'm talking about between A and B on CQ, the area i'm talking about is OOB in Rush. nowi'm wondering what are YOU are talking about!

there's also a way to get up on the far right side of the last base in Vantage Point, but it's all out of bounds up there and i haven't figured out anything useful for it yet...

and on Hill 137, you can get really high above the alley leading to C (Conquest) aka 1st B (Rush) and pick off people coming in either direction. you can even go all the way around and hop on the top of a tree.

TheSeks said:
I'm like "Yeah, because we oh so need a sniper on DEFENSE in Arica. Right. :|" So I started to troll him a little. If he's trying to get the unlocks, at least do it in Conquest. Rush snipers need a little more than sitting in the back of the base up in a tower, man.

That rush attack game was annoying as hell. Everyone dying all over and someone nemesising me because the bastard kept getting/staying in our base on "MOVE UP." :| At least we won.
on 1st set that works out pretty well if your team is already good. you can drop mortars on tanks trying to snipe A/B and spot approaching people and vehicles. and snipe their snipers. after 1st set, sniper rifles on D aren't so useful, but sensors are, tell him to roll with a shotgun and throw sensor balls!

TheSeks

God I love the MP-413. Assault Recon with nothing but it. I only used my GOL to make a few shots and missed (BULLSHIT LAG) while owning people in the face with the Craig's Bond pistol, VADS, and HIN-D.

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
on 1st set that works out pretty well if your team is already good. you can drop mortars on tanks trying to snipe A/B and spot approaching people and vehicles. and snipe their snipers. after 1st set, sniper rifles on D aren't so useful, but sensors are, tell him to roll with a shotgun and throw sensor balls!

Sure, but they were already in our base, he wasn't throwing out mines. He was basically a sitting lump. Then he set up shop on the construction site second set and basically was a sitting lump again.

He never changed classes except to assault once, then went back to recon.

He was a pretty worthless player. :|

Also gotta love anti-tank mines making people think twice about a route.

TheSeks said:
I'm like "Yeah, because we oh so need a sniper on DEFENSE in Arica. Right. :|" So I started to troll him a little.
If they were already in your base at the first set then the horse has already bolted, but if your team is actually mounting a good defence then a good sniper is very valuable at the first set. If they're counter-sniping the enemy recons it means you can both man the front Stationary AT for longer and also repair your tanks from the side in a pinch. It'll also mean fewer mortar strikes on your tanks (meaning you can safely use the defillades, which give you a HUGE advantage in tank combat there) and mortar strikes on enemy tanks, which will make life hell for their engineers who are trying to keep their tanks up.

At the second set a sniping recon can still be useful as a defender. There's such a bottleneck at the top of the hill that a recon positioned to the left of the road on a rooftop (while facing the attackers spawn) can spot every attacker coming down the hill for your defenders (and due to the obstruction of the buildings that spotting function is very useful here), countersnipe their snipers who always set up in the bushes at the top of the hill, and drop mortars on their tank if they try to destruction 2.0 B from the top of the hill. Also a body shot into most of the attackers running down the hill on the left will make the cleanup for defenders positioned there very easy. From that rooftop you can also throw motion sensors that will cover A, B, and the first cluster of houses on the left where the enemy will often attack through.

TheSeks said:
God I love the MP-413.
0XuA7.png

MP-412 Rex, or

G8M94.jpg

MP-443 Grach?

They sit at opposite ends of the spectrum and are useful in different situations. At the moment I tend to prefer something in between (M9 or M1911) but I'm using the Grach to get a second gold star for it.

olimpia84

Man, the other team(s) we faced sucked so bad. It was so easy kicking their asses that I got bored....I'll be watching the BCS game for a bit and might come back later on

TheSeks

endlessflood said:
If they were already in your base at the first set then the horse has already bolted, but if your team is actually mounting a good defence then a good sniper is very valuable at the first set. If they're counter-sniping the enemy recons it means you can both man the front Stationary AT for longer and also repair your tanks from the side in a pinch. It'll also mean fewer mortar strikes on your tanks (meaning you can safely use the defillades, which give you a HUGE advantage in tank combat there) and mortar strikes on enemy tanks, which will make life hell for their engineers who are trying to keep their tanks up.

At the second set a sniping recon can still be useful as a defender. There's such a bottleneck at the top of the hill that a recon positioned to the left of the road on a rooftop (while facing the attackers spawn) can spot every attacker coming down the hill for your defenders (and due to the obstruction of the buildings that spotting function is very useful here), countersnipe their snipers who always set up in the bushes at the top of the hill, and drop mortars on their tank if they try to destruction 2.0 B from the top of the hill. Also a body shot into most of the attackers running down the hill on the left will make the cleanup for defenders positioned there very easy. From that rooftop you can also throw motion sensors that will cover A, B, and the first cluster of houses on the left where the enemy will often attack through.

Oh, I know a sniper is useful. But generally on defense they aren't needed and if they're just sitting there camping and getting nothing done, they're useless and SHOULD CHANGE CLASSES TO HELP US OUT. :|

MP-443 Grach

That one. Soawesome.jpg

Also: Dan stealing the tank, I get it proceed to roll enemies after stealing a person that was trying to AT mine cheese B on Port Valadez and set their own mines against them. AWESOME.

abuC

Defending on Harvest day is comical if the other team isn't organized, I just park my tank right at the edge of their spawn and fire into their base. And I usually have 2-3 engineers near my tank firing rockets as well, tanks blow up in a hurry.

TheSeks

:(

i thought you meant my Platinum Status 412

412 is awesome, but six shots = not too useful. Spamming the 443 at enemies is hilarious and awesome. I take down generally two or more with it. Insane. Feel like Craig's James Bond using it.

TheSeks

And... server ragequit. But that's okay because I started to get annoyed having to take the crates by myself. :lol Oasis Dan spawns, dies and I'm like "GODDAMN IT THROW YOUR MINE ONCE YOU SPAWN ON ME SO I KNOW WHO IS THERE. ARGH." :lol :lol

I got multiple crazy ratios today. One was 42-2 and the others I don't know. I went from 2.81 all the way to 2.83.

Oasis at the last checkpoint all 4 of us was being sneaky as hell it was awesome :lol

Daigoro

:(

i thought you meant my Platinum Status 412

i tried that gun today because i saw you had platinum on it. it was hard to get used to. went back to the .45 pretty quick.

Mikasangelos said:
168884_1702317710444_1012983956_1991664_6749884_n.jpg

feels good man.

who was flying and why cant i get in a chopper like that?

TheSeks

1stStrike said:
You got a lot of kills on valparaiso on the first set when I rolled in with the bradley :p

That's true. But I could've used you rolling it in earlier when I armed and no one defended. I'm like "PLEASE GOD PLEASE JUST HOLD THEM--DISARM. FUCK."

Forkball

So I got this game during the Steam Sale. It's interesting, but I can tell it takes a lot of patience to be really skilled at it. Is there a GAF server? Also, how can I manually search for servers?

TheSeks

Calion82v said:
Ehh, I prefer the M9. M9 appreciation club assemble!

http://files2.bfbcs.com/img/bfbcs/weapons_normal/m9beretta.png
566 Kills and counting. :D

M9 is awesome as well. Did I tell you I defended Oasis Attack First set with it and the XM8 before? I did. Pretty nice gun. But I like the MP-443. Fast firing, no recoil and 17 rounds in the breech.

It's funny, as someone that's not Russian, they make some seriously good guns (AK-47, MP-443, AN-94 etc.) if Battlefield is anything to go by. :lol I really love the Russian guns in Bad Company. :lol

Calion

TheSeks said:
M9 is awesome as well. Did I tell you I defended Oasis Attack First set with it and the XM8 before? I did. Pretty nice gun. But I like the MP-443. Fast firing, no recoil and 17 rounds in the breech.

It's funny, as someone that's not Russian, they make some seriously good guns (AK-47, MP-443, AN-94 etc.) if Battlefield is anything to go by. :lol I really love the Russian guns in Bad Company. :lol

That's one thing that's very impressive about the MP-443 Grach: The recoil. It's extremely stable.

Isn't the 9A-91 a Russian made weapon as well?

TheSeks

Calion82v said:
That's one thing that's very impressive about the MP-443 Grach: The recoil. It's extremely stable.

Isn't the 9A-91 a Russian made weapon as well?

It is. And it's a pretty bad-ass default starting gun for engineers with the exception of the small magazine size. I really like it, but I prefer my AKS-74U. I like the AKS's sights, but I platinumed that ages ago to where I haven't touched it in nearly a year.

The AEK is as well, and as much as I don't like the iron sights: With DICE's stat fuckery/having me play with the default guns I really like the AEK now. I've kinda adjusted to the shitty sights, but I still hate them. :lol

I think the only non-Russian guns I use now is the M249 (Belgium), XM8 (any variant of it: Prototype/LMG/Compact US), and the GOL (German gun)

Fersis said:

You must be new here.jpg

I do it to taunt enemies being steamrolled or annoying bastards that I finally clipped/people in our base that are killing me over and over. :lol

Calion

TheSeks said:
It is. And it's a pretty bad-ass default starting gun for engineers with the exception of the small magazine size. I really like it, but I prefer my AKS-74U. I like the AKS's sights, but I platinumed that ages ago to where I haven't touched it in nearly a year.

The AEK is as well, and as much as I don't like the iron sights: With DICE's stat fuckery/having me play with the default guns I really like the AEK now. I've kinda adjusted to the shitty sights, but I still hate them. :lol

That's exactly the reason why I've grown to like the AEK. It's a pretty decent weapon. I tend to use it when I'm taking a break from trying to platinum the AN-94. (I need a fully automatic weapon sometimes : /)

I saw you were using the STG.77 AUG again today. Were you giving it another shot? :lol

TheSeks

Calion82v said:
I saw you were using the STG.77 AUG again today. Were you giving it another shot? :lol

I have a love and hate relationship with the AUG. Using assault's recoil lessened perk, it is pretty good. But it's low damage rate is hard to adjust to. With Magnum Ammo, it's got decent killing speed, but poor recoil. It can't win for lose in either category.

But I'm Gold Star 2 with it now, so that's something.

First half of the day eventful. The second round for me wasn't. Got the idiots on Arica harbor. Ended the game with 7800 combat points in a loss.

1stStrike

Banned
I played a few more games on my own an holy shit people are fucking stupid. I went to 4 different games and every team I was on sucked ass. Eventually, I went to an arica harbor conquest game and I was getting pissed off so I whipped out the trust AN-94 and started going to town. The shotgun is fun, but I think I'm going to go back to my weapon of choice for a bit.

Funnily enough, once I joined the match and switched to the AN-94 we nearly won. The second round we smoked them and had the bastards trapped in their spawn with 248 tickets left over when it ended (out of 350).

Some fucking douche knifed me 3 times though. He just kept hiding in places and running out of nowhere to swipe at me. He was knifing other people too, so seems like the crazies come out at night.

All in all, not an enjoyable experience at all. I love the game, and want to play it even when gaffers aren't on, but fuuuuck man, it's just not enjoyable at all without at least a 4 - 6 gaffers on a team.

1stStrike

Banned
MiniBossBattle said:
is there a PSN gaf clan I can join?

There's a shit ton of us on PSN. We just use the GAF tag and hook up with each other. A lot of the guys in this thread have the same PSN as their neogaf nicks (except me, because I'm special).

Feel free to add me - my PSN is Striketh

If you don't have a mic I highly recommend you get one. It makes things easier for all of us.

Crakatak187 said:
I think 4 is the sweet spot. Any more and the odds of the opposing team rage quitting increases.

Yeah, probably. I really just wanted to win a game and call it a night, but found nothing but retards that couldn't defend shit. I was popping off 2 - 3 peole at a time when I went AN-94 again and my team was just like "ahh, ahh, what do we do, what do we do, i'm so confused"

We're not a clan we just all play together. Of course you can join our games. The more the merrier.

You can add me. PSN Crakatak187

Just put BFBC2 gaf on the friend request.

Last week, I tried to join in on PC-BC2GAF on our usual meetup East Coast Server...

And I'm dropped into the server line/queue with 5 other people... on a 32 player server mind you!
bfbc2game2011-01-0321-ig81.png

Then once I get in, I figure out why the server was so full:
bfbc2game2011-01-0323-dcuu.png

Daigoro

oh stop blurring out the names. who cares?

Mikasangelos said:
random was flying and he was doing a damn good job.

apparently.

i need to get on some Onslaught and learn to fly properly. im going to work on that this week a bit.

i was flying a huey in Vietnam yesterday and doing a pretty decent job actually. too bad its so easy to get shot down. i was actually keepng it in the air and getting shots off for a few minutes. felt good.

HEY! isnt there supposed to be some way to engie the huey in the air in Vietnam? i tried it as a passenger and couldnt find the sweet spot the other day.

anyone know?

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
It's based on how the Huey is flying, if it's angled then it's harder to repair so if you keep it level it's easier to repair.

Daigoro

the hell? so its a glitch i assume. all i see is a blank repair icon when i whip out the tool.

guess ill just worry about gunning and flying instead of trying to glitch repair the bird.

Neodyn

Is there literally no one else playing today or are the 360 servers boned? Tried Vietnam a few times and vanilla a few times and every time I ended up in a game alone. Waited around and eventually one other person would join the game but we played an entire round of just the two of us and no one else ever popped in.

abuC

My favorite weapon -

post-106793-1268955996.jpg

Almost 2000 kills with it, just started using it about 3 months ago :lol

I have about 4000 kills with shotguns, but was annoyed that I couldn't always kill people at distance with it since I didn't like using slugs and preferred the ability to run fast. The light went off and I said "Hey, try the 40mm shotgun" and that's when the love affair started. If you don't use it, or haven't used it much do yourself a favor and try it out, in close range battles it is king.

Ikuu said:
It's based on how the Huey is flying, if it's angled then it's harder to repair so if you keep it level it's easier to repair.
It's based on your speed, not on your angle. However, flying at the most extreme angles requires high speed and you can't repair then. Slow it down and you can repair it, flat or not.

Top Bottom