• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

abuC said:
My favorite weapon -

Almost 2000 kills with it, just started using it about 3 months ago :lol

I have about 4000 kills with shotguns, but was annoyed that I couldn't always kill people at distance with it since I didn't like using slugs and preferred the ability to run fast. The light went off and I said "Hey, try the 40mm shotgun" and that's when the love affair started. If you don't use it, or haven't used it much do yourself a favor and try it out, in close range battles it is king.

Dear Sirz,

The only way is to roll with the GL.

Dubb

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yeah, I see a bunch of AbuC <40MM Shotgun> SomeDeadDude in the kill log. :lol I'm not sure how you abuse it so much, as it has a really slow repacking the 40MM shot in the launcher time. But I love it. It feels meaty/manly.

TheSeks

(If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing!)

ps3_Sekoku.png

ps3_Sekoku.png

ps3_Sekoku.png

ps3_Sekoku.png

ps3_Sekoku.png

ps3_Sekoku.png

ps3_Sekoku.png

ps3_Sekoku.png

ps3_Sekoku.png

ps3_Sekoku.png

ps3_Sekoku.png

ps3_Sekoku.png

ps3_Sekoku.png

ps3_Sekoku.png

ps3_Sekoku.png

ps3_Sekoku.png

ps3_Sekoku.png

I notice a trend toward Russian and German guns. :lol

olimpia84

I could never get used to the shotgun attachment. I pretty much roll exclusively with the USAS-12 (my favorite weapon in the game right now) because it still has a "decent" damage from afar. If I need more power I switch to my second favorite shotgun which is the Neostad 2000 but then I'm limited to short range situations only as I don't like using the shotgun perk.

abuC

Dubbedinenglish said:
Dear Sirz,

The only way is to roll with the GL.

Dubb

ps3_abuC.png

I even found when I started using it, which was in September.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=23259840&postcount=2319

Seks, it reloads slow but you can quickly switch back to the AR if you need to. In close quarters I have 3 different options, the shotgun (2 rounds), the AR (30 rounds) and then the handgun which can be 6-17 rounds. It's to the point now that the AR is the secondary weapon and the 40mm is the primary, I run around with the 40mm always set.

Been using the 40MM Shotty since I unlocked it launch week. I still remember the first kill I got with it, sent the dude back 4 feet. :D F2000 + 40MM Shotgun + M93R + Mag = CQC domination. Perfect for White Pass Rush defense and the like.

Was never a fan of shotguns. I'm a precision man. I like shooting mid to long range. I'm always packing Smoke on attack now. I really do need to get in the Smoke killing mindset. If I practice with it I'll start killing, but my subconsciousness/killing instinct blocks it out as a viable killing tool.

TheSeks

Hey, enemy team: Why don't you MEET ME SOMEWHERE AT YOUR SPAWN POINT.

What's that? I was reducing your tickets by 16 before Evolved turned on auto-pilot and you RPG sniped us? That's right.

Also they tried to MEET ME SOMEWHERE at the base on attack on Oasis, but I just WHOOSHED past them, went to their base, armed and they all had to scramble.

That team was annoying, but pretty poor.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Mr Sandman said:
Been using the 40MM Shotty since I unlocked it launch week. I still remember the first kill I got with it, sent the dude back 4 feet. :D F2000 + 40MM Shotgun + M93R + Mag = CQC domination. Perfect for White Pass Rush defense and the like.

I've been trying to get people into that combo forever... it's extremely powerful in CQB. I usually enter a room and pop the 40mm shoutgun and the spray the rifle & pistol... you can kill a group of guys before they know what hit 'em. :lol

TheSeks said:
Hey, enemy team: Why don't you MEET ME SOMEWHERE AT YOUR SPAWN POINT.

What's that? I was reducing your tickets by 16 before Evolved turned on auto-pilot and you RPG sniped us? That's right.

Also they tried to MEET ME SOMEWHERE at the base on attack on Oasis, but I just WHOOSHED past them, went to their base, armed and they all had to scramble.

That team was annoying, but pretty poor.

Sorry about that Seks... someone came to the door... I didn't know what to do. :lol I just left it hanging there mid-air. :(

No time to land or anything... I have to tell the story of that whole helicopter thing later... it's was so surreal. Eating atm.

TheSeks

If by "surreal" you mean, "fucking stupid." Yeah. They kept landing the thing (trying to get roadkills?) and die in the process. They only got B because I got killed in the disarm attempt. After that I was all pissed and ready to mow their asses down the second they let a helicopter drop and it didn't explode. As it happened. Jas got in and screwed me up a bit because I was going to switch seats constantly and rain death and doom on them.

On attack, I got A via <D 2.0> and we started to take them out until one of them sneaked under us and RPG'ed us, but that just meant we took B after. Then they got the Hin-D, started to fire it at me on the out of bounds, bloodied me up but you guys were already in their base, taking their crates.

Jas

Just came along for the ride :) I was an engineer and figured I'd just help repair. You didn't miss out on much only had a chance at a couple of guys.

Evolved1

TheSeks said:
On attack, I got A via <D 2.0>

If you were wondering about my flying there... I wanted you to get the easy 250 for dropping A... but there were two guys on the little island that flanks first set B that were shooting at me. I was trying to get you to turn your attention toward them by moving the chopper sideways and down, right beside them, but one of their sniper rounds hit a little too close for comfort and I saw you had just destroyed A, so I was like fuck it forget these two. Then I got us killed a bit later.

I really cannot fly very well when my gunner is in the left seat. It's harder for me to see where I'm going, rockets coming in... if you're ever in the BH w/ me and you're the only gunner please stay on the right gun and I'll have a better chance of giving you a good shot(s).

As for the "surreal" story of the first chopper... when it landed I saw other people jump in so I ran toward it thinking I'd be an engineer passenger. But when I jumped in for some reason I was pilot... in moments like that you can get killed real easy... so I just took off, figuring the guy who originally jumped in must not have want to fly. But as soon as I take off some dude starts having a meltdown about "where are you going with the chopper, where are you going, come back where are you going". Maybe he's a gaffer, I don't know... he spoke really good English but had a crazy think Indian accent. He was flipping out the whole time about "OMG what are you doing. What are you doing in the chopper, what are you doing".

Meanwhile you are tearing up people in their spawn... so I say to the guy, "Look bro I didn't intend to take it but right now my gunner is ripping them up, I have two people already". This guy is just cursing up a storm it was hilarious. I almost went over to pick him up just because it was so funny. He's yelling at me while I'm dodging rockets... the heavy accent made it pretty hilarious. I don't know, maybe that's bad to say, but it was really funny. He was so mad about the chopper. Then someone knocks at my door and I have to leave the game for a sec and we get rocketed.

abuC

recklessmind said:
I've been trying to get people into that combo forever... it's extremely powerful in CQB. I usually enter a room and pop the 40mm shoutgun and the spray the rifle & pistol... you can kill a group of guys before they know what hit 'em.

And it's great when you arm crates because you can sit on an ammo box and basically fire off 40mm rounds in an endless stream.

TheSeks

"We couldn't find any games. Please try again."

WTF. Ghost games.

recklessmind said:
I really cannot fly very well when my gunner is in the left seat. It's harder for me to see where I'm going, rockets coming in... if you're ever in the BH w/ me and you're the only gunner please stay on the right gun and I'll have a better chance of giving you a good shot(s).

Left seat is best seat!

Seriously, though gunner in the left seat is better for all involved, it shields you from bullets and being killed out the pilot seat. With the BH I keep the circle I want to follow by keeping the target area in the blind spot. Also roll into the turn which will give the gunner the best view and will also compensate for you not being able to see the direst target. Allso when the gunner is on the left you have the best view on how to escape should you need to.

TheSeks

Hey, Fersis. How do you like my AK-47 steamrolling? :lol

Evolved1

Dubbedinenglish said:
Left seat is best seat!

Seriously, though gunner in the left seat is better for all involved, it shields you from bullets and being killed out the pilot seat. With the BH I keep the circle I want to follow by keeping the target area in the blind spot. Also roll into the turn which will give the gunner the best view and will also compensate for you not being able to see the direst target. Allso when the gunner is on the left you have the best view on how to escape should you need to.

Sounds good, I just can't do it. Only works on a couple maps (not heavy metal) but I honestly don't even fly really... I just hover. If I'm oriented toward the right side, then I can dodge rockets. I can't see as well to do that from the left side.

In some instances it nets big kill numbers for the gunner, in other instances not so much.

I played heavy metal today and realized I'm crappy again with the attack choppers... :lol

damn, held the Blackhawk from the start of Valparaiso to the end, eight qid even took one for the team by eating an RPG while in the gunner seat... only A left and then... SERVER CRASH!!!

WTF DICE?

1stStrike

Banned
Atacama Desert is the most dull rush map ever. Every time we play they just stay in their spawn. Right now some guy on my team is flying the helicopter around (we're on defense) because some idiot ditched it and these guys have barely left their spawn the whole game. Might as well just go listen to some music and then go to bed.

Sill4

The Faceless Master said:
damn, held the Blackhawk from the start of Valparaiso to the end, eight qid even took one for the team by eating an RPG while in the gunner seat... only A left and then... SERVER CRASH!!!

WTF DICE?
Thanks for picking me up. My squadmate was on the UAV and I got stuck two spawns back.

Tried to make an epic jump out of the heli,but landed in the middle of a group of enemies...damn.

Good games. Wish I didn't have to work so early.

-fake edit- didn't join you guys because a friend of mine joined my squad. Couldn't ditch him, even though I would have rather joined you guys lol.

TheSeks

WE DON'T NEED SO MANY FUCKING SNIPERS ON COLD WAR. CHRIST.

No_Style

It was just fun and games until they started getting numbers. Then we lost numbers. Then we were overrun.

An okay night. I'm tired of overwhelming the opponents.

1stStrike

Banned
No_Style said:
It was just fun and games until they started getting numbers. Then we lost numbers. Then we were overrun.

An okay night. I'm tired of overwhelming the opponents.

Yeah, it just sucks all the fun out of the game. That's why I left and just went to listen to music and shit on my PC down stairs.

OT: Apparently, they've made a Wolverine anime now. Wtf...

TheSeks

Dreamgazer said:
You talking to me?

I'm talking to everyone. There was at least five and one little assault me. Snipers aren't going to be too much good on a close-combat map, you know? It's annoying, I'm sitting there and you and no style and two others are on the front lines all in sniper outfits and I'm like "We don't need so many. Just please, for the love of god one of you switch to medic or something. D:"

And... servers still find unbalanced games for me. Lovely. It's either 12 vs 4 or 8 vs 3. :|

Edit: And I'm more annoyed by the shotgun buff than anything. Nothing but level 50's packing a Saiga now. Oh so skillful. *SMH*

No_Style

1stStrike said:
Yeah, it just sucks all the fun out of the game. That's why I left and just went to listen to music and shit on my PC down stairs.

I read those separately at first. :lol

No_Style

TheSeks said:
I'm talking to everyone. There was at least five and one little assault me. Snipers aren't going to be too much good on a close-combat map, you know? It's annoying, I'm sitting there and you and no style and two others are on the front lines all in sniper outfits and I'm like "We don't need so many. Just please, for the love of god one of you switch to medic or something. D:"

Like I said, it was fun and games. They were sniping us. I got tired of running around doing nothing, so I picked Recon and took some shots back at them. Then the next thing you know we were overrun. Whatever though, that was the most entertaining match of the night for me which is pretty damn sad. :/

TheSeks said:

I was throwing motion sensors all over the place + guarding over A the whole time on the first base until they sneaked through and started killing us on the left and right.

Don't remember ever running up to the front lines +vss is fine for close quarter.

1stStrike said:

old news, Madhouse is also contracted to make X-men and Blade anime afterward.

TheSeks

And no games with 12 vs 12 anymore. 4 vs 3 that suddenly becomes 1 vs 2 (me being the 1), in addition to other small games.

Guess everyone is going to shitty ops or something.

The Faceless Master said:

WTF DICE?

Huey gun > Blackhawk gun

TheSeks

1stStrike said:
And Uncharted 3. Two games that are guaranteed to have some great MP.

Only if they remove a wallhack (situational awareness) and decide to finally get off their asses and fix/stomp out glitches once and for all.

U2 was fun but then it became total ass due to it's community and ND not doing shit. (Oh yeah, and the 1.04-1.05 patch health change to where the game became shitty due to netcode issues)

KZ2's multiplayer was pure dogass and while I enjoyed the beta for 3, it has spawn and other issues.

TheSeks

olimpia84 said:
I left right before Cold War defense...you guys lost that match?

I started to mow the trees down. Dream was sniper, enemies become snipers in retaliation. Everyone becomes snipers except me. They flank on the right, I try to take them out but get taken out as they had 2-3 for every one of me.

Suffice it to say, they start to steamroll and get more people on their side while I try my damndest to hold crates with two sniper GAF and two-three sniper randoms.

"Fun," as NoStyle would say wasn't very fun for me.

olimpia84

TheSeks said:
I started to mow the trees down. Dream was sniper, enemies become snipers in retaliation. Everyone becomes snipers except me. They flank on the right, I try to take them out but get taken out as they had 2-3 for every one of me.

Suffice it to say, they start to steamroll and get more people on their side while I try my damndest to hold crates with two sniper GAF and two-three sniper randoms.

"Fun," as NoStyle would say wasn't very fun for me.

Damn it, I should have stayed for that match then. I always like good challenges :D
I was on NoStyle and renderman's squad but decided to call it a night because we were steamrolling everybody and was getting boring.

olimpia84

abuC said:
12 vs 12

Private GAF game.

PS3 gaf has the numbers but it's going to be tough to have 24 people at the same time.
I remember one time we had a 8 vs 8 (or close to that) private match on White Pass Conquest. It was a lot of fun :D

TheSeks

You can count me out of any private games.

Only need 20000 or so more points before I hit level 50. With these see-saw player counts this week, I think it's going to take me longer than usual. *sigh*

Top Bottom