• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Abuc got around 680 Ace. The man is selfless. He's the best PS3 gaffer we got. He's a great chopper pilot, tank driver, vehicle destoryer, and infantry. From looking at Abuc stats the only thing that abuc doesn't beast much is sniping. Leave that to Dreamgazer and sometimes me.

I find myself playing more of a support/sneak/m-com tactician role on gaf nowadays I hardly get any Ace pins anymore :lol

I'm pretty sure gaffers appreciate me smoking the M-com and a trail to it. If an M-com is armed and I'm nearby you can count on me to defend/murder the defusers.

TheSeks said:
Conquest must be dead on 360. It's jumping on hardcore and softcore in PS3. Vietnam or non.
Conquest is busy on 360, though it's easier to find a full game in Rush. the main thing is some people bail on certain maps, like Nelson Bay and Vantage Point.

Jas

Does anyone know why the console versions are missing the Squad Management Tab?

4317135393_4e1ef3a8c0_o.jpg

I miss this feature when I'm playing on PS3 :(

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Because DICE thinks we're derp derp stupid and can't form squads on our own.

Oh, wait we can with the squad menu and setting them to private anyway.

Faceless said:
Conquest is busy on 360, though it's easier to find a full game in Rush. the main thing is some people bail on certain maps, like Nelson Bay and Vantage Point.

Then Watchman dude is just having problems finding games/unlucky. I haven't ran into too many empty servers unless it's the weekday on vanilla. I'm sure given a month or two people will be back.

abuC said:
I found a nice little spot on Oasis when defending, you can hit the chopper with a tracer before it takes off. It's the hill on the right where the snipers usually go, you can see the chopper and have a perfect line to it.

You can also hit the chopper from the far (defending side) left, but you're practically exposed and a sitting duck if a tank is heading that direction.

Crack said:
>>Stuff<<

I do appreaciate that. I'm not sure what I'm good at (dying?) but having you and Abu around in the squad makes it a lot easier on me. :lol

Also I can't adjust to the AUG .45 for the life of me. I like it's iron sights, but it doesn't seem to kill or it has massive recoil I can't tame. Dying more often with it than I was the XM8 Proto and AN-94. But once I hit level 50, I'm going back to the AN-94. Screw platinuming all the other guns, I'm going back to my comfort weapons. :lol

Calion

TheSeks said:
Also I can't adjust to the AUG .45 for the life of me. I like it's iron sights, but it doesn't seem to kill or it has massive recoil I can't tame. Dying more often with it than I was the XM8 Proto and AN-94. But once I hit level 50, I'm going back to the AN-94. Screw platinuming all the other guns, I'm going back to my comfort weapons. :lol

The STG.77 AUG is pathetic without MA. It just doesn't hold up compared to the AN-94, M416, etc. I don't think I've seen a single person platinum that gun.

PedYup

Calion82v said:
The STG.77 AUG is pathetic without MA. It just doesn't hold up compared to the AN-94, M416, etc. I don't think I've seen a single person platinum that gun.
My only assault gun left to platinum is the F2000. The AUG is not a bad weapon when used at short/medium range.

1stStrike said:
There hasn't been any stats whoring in a while. Time to show off my meagre stats!
Over 5400 kills with the AN94!. And I was worried I used the scoped M14 too much. :lol

TheSeks

Calion82v said:

As much as I hate it, I run Magnum Ammo on Assault and Recon, there is no decent team-support skills for them. (Well, there is the spot scope, but it has cooldown a certain range that I perma-use the 12x sight that makes it useless. SMH DICE) So it's not like the AUG's killspeed is the problem, well it slightly is. But I'm really terrible using it's iron sight/ADS with it. The recoil screws with me.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
1stStrike said:
Yeah, you almost ran me over at the first set of mcom's. I was just like "fucking yeti" :lol

Also, I wonder how many ace pins abuc has. I almost never see that guy anywhere but in first place :lol

When abuC and rockscar are playing... I love playing with those guys. But you really have to get used to second place on the scoreboard. It takes an act of fucking god to nudge them out of the spot.

Always second place. But... always winning. And I can live with that.

TheSeks

Meh. I beat rock occasionally. It's Abu that's the act of god.

Evolved1

TheSeks said:
Meh. I beat rock occasionally. It's Abu that's the act of god.

I'm biased... I play with rock more than anyone else. I know how consistent he is... with any class, any situation. Imo he's the most flexible player (crak is on the short list as well) and will adjust to your style or the needs of the particular squad. And still be great at it.

I think abuC kind of has his way -- a very effective way -- of doing things, and as a player I have to adjust more to him.

This is just my impression of it... and I'll admit straightaway I've only just started playing with abuC. So maybe I'm reading it wrong.

abuC

Crakatak187 said:
Abuc got around 680 Ace. The man is selfless. He's the best PS3 gaffer we got. He's a great chopper pilot, tank driver, vehicle destoryer, and infantry. From looking at Abuc stats the only thing that abuc doesn't beast much is sniping. Leave that to Dreamgazer and sometimes me.

I find myself playing more of a support/sneak/m-com tactician role on gaf nowadays I hardly get any Ace pins anymore :lol

I'm pretty sure gaffers appreciate me smoking the M-com and a trail to it. If an M-com is armed and I'm nearby you can count on me to defend/murder the defusers.

Haha, thanks man, but Im only as good as my teammates, that's why I play with GAFers now instead of my old squadmates. I miss the old JM/Crak/abuC/Faceless wrecking ball that would dominate, I think that squad was pretty much undefeated.

Evolved1

abuC said:
Haha, thanks man, but Im only as good as my teammates, that's why I play with GAFers now instead of my old squadmates. I miss the old JM/Crak/abuC/Faceless wrecking ball that would dominate, I think that squad was pretty much undefeated.

You get a lot of shout outs for vehicle piloting... but one thing about being in your squad when rolling infantry is that you're always on top of the objective. I've noticed how often we can span in right on top of the crates when you're playing infantry.

abuC

recklessmind said:
I'm biased... I play with rock more than anyone else. I know how consistent he is... with any class, any situation. Imo he's the most flexible player (crak is on the short list as well) and will adjust to your style or the needs of the particular squad. And still be great at it.

I think abuC kind of has his way -- a very effective way -- of doing things, and as a player I have to adjust more to him.

This is just my impression of it... and I'll admit straightaway I've only just started playing with abuC. So maybe I'm reading it wrong.

Yeah, Im pretty much assault when there's no vehicles around, once in awhile I'll be medic but I try not to do it often because I don't want to revive someone in a bad spot and get hate mail.

I play with rock a lot too, since faceless has moved that's who I play with the most on Gaf, then I'll join Crak when he's not on GT5, or Seks to get angry posts written about me later :lol

abuC

recklessmind said:
You get a lot of shout outs for vehicle piloting... but one thing about being in your squad when rolling infantry is that you're always on top of the objective. I've noticed how often we can span in right on top of the crates when you're playing infantry.

It's all about the Ws, that's why I play with GAF now, before I played with a lot of those top 100 people. I found they were always more concerned with their stats and even though we'd win a lot there'd be games where they wouldn't do things because it would mess up their stats. I find the people on here want wins, which is what I play for too, so its about the objectives only.

My win ratio since playing with GAF has almost doubled, went from a 3 something to almost 6 now.

abuC said:
It's all about the Ws, that's why I play with GAF now, before I played with a lot of those top 100 people. I found they were always more concerned with their stats and even though we'd win a lot there'd be games where they wouldn't do things because it would mess up their stats. I find the people on here want wins, which is what I play for too, so its about the objectives only.

I want wins and I want an even challenge too.:D
I'm glad we're not a "atacama chopper 24/7 team"

Calion

PedYup said:
My only assault gun left to platinum is the F2000. The AUG is not a bad weapon when used at short/medium range.

I stand corrected. May I ask if you used MA while you platinum'd the AUG?

TheSeks said:
As much as I hate it, I run Magnum Ammo on Assault and Recon, there is no decent team-support skills for them. (Well, there is the spot scope, but it has cooldown a certain range that I perma-use the 12x sight that makes it useless. SMH DICE) So it's not like the AUG's killspeed is the problem, well it slightly is. But I'm really terrible using it's iron sight/ADS with it. The recoil screws with me.

I thought you of all people wouldn't be using MA. :lol What I hate, is the fact that you have to use MA on the AUG to make it a decent weapon. That eliminates the damage issue, but still leaves it with wonky recoil. I'm surprised it hasn't gained a buff from any patches thus far.

It's been said numerous times now and before, but abuC is the best pilot here. Seriously, I get all giddy when he's piloting.

ooooh, stats time!

360_faceless360.png

ps3_faceless360.png

abuC said:

My win ratio since playing with GAF has almost doubled, went from a 3 something to almost 6 now.
yeah, i care about one stat more that others. thats why i modified an existing K/D banner to be a W/L banner for my sig on the EA forums!

360_faceless360.png

ps3_faceless360.png

TheSeks

Calion82v said:
I thought you of all people wouldn't be using MA. :lol What I hate, is the fact that you have to use MA on the AUG to make it a decent weapon. That eliminates the damage issue, but still leaves it with wonky recoil. I'm surprised it hasn't gained a buff from any patches thus far.

Oh, I can kill with or without it. But why torture myself when there is no support perk-2 for the assault/recon classes when 99% of players are going to be Magnum Ammo'ed? I'm wondering if I should slap Assault recoil less Perk 2 on it to counter act the recoil. "I_shoot_to_kill"/Starfish_Oxide is able to use it really well, and I remember it being deadly when Faceless/Starfish/Myself were in the house near A Arica Conquest and had about 6-7 of the enemy team storming all fronts for us.

faceless said:
>>6/7 WLR<<

Holy fuck, man. I go between 3-4 WLR and it tumbles with randoms. :lol

abuC

The Faceless Master said:
yeah, i care about one stat more that others. thats why i modified an existing K/D banner to be a W/L banner for my sig on the EA forums!

360_faceless360.png

ps3_faceless360.png

That's why you need to return to your true comrades in BC2.

TheSeks

And stats are fucking up again. NO MY AUG GOLD STAR 2. >_<

PedYup

Calion82v said:
I stand corrected. May I ask if you used MA while you platinum'd the AUG?.

Unless I am playing anti vehicle engi I always equip MA on all classes. It´s curious as the net effect of everyone using MA is like nobody using MA.

I refuse to not play with Gaffers. I do SO BAD when I don't have a good team, and it makes it super frustrating to play. However, I do apologize if my skills are sub-par. I don't wanna be known as the guy that holds the team back. :lol

Also, if I show my stats, you will spit out your drinks.

TheSeks

-Yeti said:
I refuse to not play with Gaffers. I do SO BAD when I don't have a good team, and it makes it super frustrating to play. However, I do apologize if my skills are sub-par. I don't wanna be known as the guy that holds the team back. :lol

Dude, I'm a cripple. You honestly think your holding the team back? :lol

abuC said:
Yeah we're the only ones of the 4 left. JM plays a lot of MW2 with his old friends now a days. I don't really play GT5 anymore I leave it on B spec and watch tv :lol

An-94 strength is it's accuracy. The damage nerf did nothing to it in my opinion.

PedYup said:
Over 5400 kills with the AN94!. And I was worried I used the scoped M14 too much. :lol
I introduced Strike to the AN94 in the past. I got over 13000 :lol

The one gaffer that doesn't meld with me is Rock. He revives me in firefights too much. I like to be in control of my lives. I got a plan everytime I die.

TheSeks

Crakatak187 said:
The one gaffer that doesn't meld with me is Rock. He revives me in firefights too much. I like to be in control of my lives. I got a plan everytime I die.

Yeah, rock's reviving is really annoying.

"Oh, I got sniped. I'll pick recon and sni--"
(YOU HAVE BEEN REVIVED BY ROCK)
"--GODDAMN IT RO--(sniped)" :lol

I generally try to revive everyone I see like him, but I try to do it safely. :lol

Edit: AN-94 is my BFF on Assault. XM8 being close second, but AN-94 is good for all situations. But since I platinumed it months and months ago, I haven't touched it. I need the points jump to level up.

-Yeti said:

My opinion is one guy can't hold a team back. It takes at least 4-6 people to hold a team back in a full game.

1stStrike

Banned
I'm fairly average in the gaf squadron. I have my moments, but I'm usually in the middle to bottom of the scoreboard these days with an all gaf team :lol

Any steam members wanna add me to play BC2/Vietnam? I'm fairly new, but don't have to much people that I can play with and hate being paired with randoms.

Steam ID: Labombadog

TheSeks

And... server rage quit.

How about fixing your servers and the PBR glitch and stats, DICE? So tired of getting near winning and then the server ragequits for the other team.

Evolved1

Calion82v said:

I was in a tight race with you for ace pin... each kill I got I looked and you had one to match! :lol

Then they started mortaring me for sniping the shit out of them... I couldn't aim! I was like "No cal will beat me".

Then the server said fuck all of you.

Javaman

Cuban Legend said:
Battlefield is the best game ever.

yet it can also make you want to rip your own dick off and feed it to yourself...

Last night was just not your night. Up for some tonight? Oreo, Bliz and Kaktheinfected are going to get a game going.

Evolved1

scoobs said:
i have more than 600 ace pins now... god I'm good.

That is very good. My most common teammate is better than me. I don't get too many ace pins.

ps3_Evolved1.png

Calion

recklessmind said:
I was in a tight race with you for ace pin... each kill I got I looked and you had one to match! :lol

Then they started mortaring me for sniping the shit out of them... I couldn't aim! I was like "No cal will beat me".

Then the server said fuck all of you.

The last 3 minutes or so of that match, I was getting destroyed by snipers and mortars. If that match had actually finished, you would have probably stole ace.

SMH Dice.

TheSeks

THAT WAS INTENSE.

OMG, Crack and I holding a tank together and taking both bases in Arica Rush. Dude on the enemy tank BAILS, I steal it at 14% Dan repairs it, we harass while taking third set. Fourth steal the tank that respawned at base with 16% health, take A, hold B. Last set was intense while Dream joined and C4'ed me (bastard).

Meanwhile, I'm switching classes like the fist of the north star. :lol Assault tank->engineer->medic heals->engineer->assault gun not mine :lol

TheSeks

xKilltheMx said:
wait, wha? Cripple? Hpw?

*points to ears* No hearie. EG: Cripple.

I went 39-1 on that Arica harbor game. Sorry Sek I'm taking a mini break my PS3 was roaring.

That's fine, man. I joined Evolved and the others squad so it's cool.

Top Bottom