• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Razor210

I may actually have my console with me permanently, so I'll hopefully be joining the BC2 crew more often.

And a private match would be fun, so I can do nothing but hunt down dream and striketh

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Razor210 said:
I may actually have my console with me permanently, so I'll hopefully be joining the BC2 crew more often.

And a private match would be fun, so I can do nothing but hunt down dream and striketh

For the right price... I'll join their squad and light them up with tracers for ya.

...oh wait this was supposed to be a pm.

1stStrike

Banned
Razor210 said:

I'm far too easy of a kill. You'll want to set your sights higher :lol

Off topic.

Killzone 3 has the potential if the maps are much wider and put some recoil on the guns. Balance the mech out.

Uncharted 3 will rock for sure just do more bug testing this time out. It's been my favorite new franchise since the first one came out.

TheSeks said:
Edit: And I'm more annoyed by the shotgun buff than anything. Nothing but level 50's packing a Saiga now. Oh so skillful. *SMH*
Yeah the shotgun buff bad no sense at all. It was already powerful to begin with

If there will be a private match I got to switch my tactics. Gaf knows my tactic far too well. I wouldn't be surprised if some can read me like a book (Dream, Evolve, Strike, JM that is missing for now, Dan, and my usual squad members).

Playing with PC-BC2GAF has been good. Last week I hit this level:
bfbc2game2011-01-0818-6t4m.png

4,500+ Final Score. Last night was a great night for Medic Whoring: We probably never incurred our team a loss of tickets as an all-Medic squad staggering our revives of each other.
bfbc2game2011-01-1101-iy98.png

bfbc2game2011-01-1101-6teg.png

8,000+ final Score And AT4 Whoring: Nothing stayed in the air or on the ground within our sights for longer than a few seconds as a full squad of Engineers.
bfbc2game2011-01-1101-wyz6.png

bfbc2game2011-01-1101-6sap.png

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Daigoro said:
uh oh. you missed a name. better pull the pic and edit in the blur before someone sees it!

:lol :lol :lol

Lay off him, Photoshopping names out is hard.

Also I want to make mention in here that the X-box 360 is the biggest piece of shit I have ever bought.

Do all the GPU fixes, plug it in and... E74 and death still. SMH MS for your shitty hardware. SMH.

Miggytronz

TheSeks said:
:lol :lol :lol

Lay off him, Photoshopping names out is hard.

Also I want to make mention in here that the X-box 360 is the biggest piece of shit I have ever bought.

Do all the GPU fixes, plug it in and... E74 and death still. SMH MS for your shitty hardware. SMH.

board warped? Solder Joints borked on the processor?

Calion

TheSeks said:
You can count me out of any private games.

Only need 20000 or so more points before I hit level 50. With these see-saw player counts this week, I think it's going to take me longer than usual. *sigh*

Really? 20,000 points is atleast a sitting for me. It shouldn't take you much longer at all to hit 50.

olimpia84

TheSeks said:
You can count me out of any private games.

Only need 20000 or so more points before I hit level 50. With these see-saw player counts this week, I think it's going to take me longer than usual. *sigh*

Dude, that will take you 10-15 games tops :lol
Heck, maybe even less if you play Rush games as a medic

Double D

Just started playing this after buying it during the steam sale. It actually looks quite nice maxed out @ 1920X1200. Anyways, I'm enjoying the game, and think I may actually play this online. I typically stay away from MP, and I can't even remember the last time I played a MP PC game. Anyways, good community? I don't intend on jumping into Vietnam yet, especially considering what I just typed a sentence ago, but is it still active and is there maybe a steam gaf group I can join? Thanks in advance for catering to my noobish ways.

TheSeks

Mikasangelos said:
board warped? Solder Joints borked on the processor?

I don't think it's any of that.

Mine's the first revision (Jasper?) with the new heatsink. I took the sumbitch apart after it E74'ed for the second time (a year after I paid $150 for MS to fix the damn thing in the first place) do the X-CLAMP fix/replace thermal paste and...

E74 on bootup and a few seconds later the error code/message blanks out and the lights change to 1/3 flashing. Which means it's apparently overheating despite the fact I haven't put the damn thing in the case all the way yet. :|

Blizzard

Banned
Vik_Vaughn said:
Just started playing this after buying it during the steam sale. It actually looks quite nice maxed out @ 1920X1200. Anyways, I'm enjoying the game, and think I may actually play this online. I typically stay away from MP, and I can't even remember the last time I played a MP PC game. Anyways, good community? I don't intend on jumping into Vietnam yet, especially considering what I just typed a sentence ago, but is it still active and is there maybe a steam gaf group I can join? Thanks in advance for catering to my noobish ways.
The people I've seen playing/talking about it in general seem a bit on the serious side, or not happy if you make silly mistakes. It strikes me as a lot less friendly than TF2, and I see a fair bit of "*(@#$ I'M LEAVING THIS TEAM SUCKS", with occasional players named things like ASSLICK PEANUTZ (or something like that, lol). If you mostly ignore the textchat and use Mumble or vent or something to play with people you know, it is pretty fun. Javaman and some of the other old TF2 people have been playing in the evenings recently. I think someone mentioned there's some small ingame friends list limit though, like 15-20 people? Not to mention, I think for some bizarre reason you can add people as friends ingame but not confirm people adding you, so there's a bit of a dance to get everyone on the same server until everyone's friended. At least it has queues so you can sit in line to join a server (and hope PunkBuster doesn't kick you out, making you wait another 10 minutes :p).

hylje

Furious anger and rage!

Unlocked gold star for weapon and specact insignia. Got points while playing but stats didn't update to EA. This crap has been going on for a week now irregularly. Sometimes it won't register kills to scoreboard at all.

dice/ea wat.son ?

Evolved1

Annnd everyone quits after we win... annnnd my stats reset when I quit game... :lol

:/

TheSeks

9 Kills
18 deaths, 4 of which are attributed to Rockscar running around and reviving my in-the-open-ass-to-soon-be-sniped-quickly-after-again. >:| :mad:

Shatner

Neo Member
I just got the game on Xbox, and need to catch up. I'm over 30, non-retarded, and I'm a good team player. If you know the game, consider me your bitch... I'll follow you around and repair your tanks etc. My gamertag is KimJUCHE... friend me.

abuC

That last game reminds me why I prefer to play with atleast 2 GAF squads in one game, horrible, just horrible. Im not quite sure what the other 3 people on our team were doing, they were all huddled around the UAV station area for some reason.

On the subject of stats, I know that most Battlefield players are stat whores/check thier stats alot... I check them only on this site every once in a while.

Regarding Medics reviving you when you don't want to, when I roll Medic I tell my squad to let me know if they don't want to get revived, simple.

TheSeks

And small game against level 50 clantards with shitty randoms.

AbuC said:
>>Stuff<<

Duuuuude, why didn't you circle strafe? I got in the gunner seat for that reason. But your friend is kinda horrible. :/ He's sitting there in the pilot seat and I'm like "GTFO. ABU IS FLYING. AND I'M GUNNING TO MAKE SURE ROCK CAN GET IN. >:|"

But then you were flying on auto-pilot easy mode and not strafing, why?

TheSeks

Cuban Legend said:
Regarding Medics reviving you when you don't want to, when I roll Medic I tell my squad to let me know if they don't want to get revived, simple.

I don't mind Rock reviving me, but he revives me at the shittest possible times. Yes, Rock, because I'm begging you to revive me into a snipers waiting to resnipe me because you're coming across the field's bullet. >:| :mad:

I hope he learned the lesson against those 50 clantards, he dies. I revive, die, he dies, we get disarmed.

Edit: 284967 or something like that out of 300000 for 50. Too bad there is so few people playing this week to where it's going to take me forever due to shitty squadmates and not GAF to steamroll with shitty randoms to do it. :|

abuC

TheSeks said:
And small game against level 50 clantards with shitty randoms.

Duuuuude, why didn't you circle strafe? I got in the gunner seat for that reason. But your friend is kinda horrible. :/ He's sitting there in the pilot seat and I'm like "GTFO. ABU IS FLYING. AND I'M GUNNING TO MAKE SURE ROCK CAN GET IN. >:|"

But then you were flying on auto-pilot easy mode and not strafing, why?

:lol

He's going to be horrible for awhile, his ranking is an 18 I think. I wasn't circling because our squad were the only ones trying to arm the crate, and once rock armed they usually killed him so I tried to stay close to where the crate was.

TheSeks

Duuude, all you had to do was strafe around A after I took the VADS out and rock armed. I would've made sure no one got in that sucker. A random started flying, I took out the VADS and went to town... until they tracered us because he wasn't moving. I was like "SMH randoms. :|"

abuC

TheSeks said:
Duuude, all you had to do was strafe around A after I took the VADS out and rock armed. I would've made sure no one got in that sucker. A random started flying, I took out the VADS and went to town... until they tracered us because he wasn't moving. I was like "SMH randoms. :|"

I didn't have smoke, and while 6 of them rushed to disarm the crate the other 3 were firing rockets and tracers at us, we weren't going to last. The way that game was going, honestly there was no winning it even if we got by that crate.

TheSeks

I seriously don't know what's up with the drop in players, considering any game I've joined generally has a few players, why can't DICE just put them in one map or something if it's a popular map? I don't think most people are going to bitch that their White Pass selection is turned into Arica or something.

Xux

Finally dug this game out after moving back in November. :lol

Still pretty cool. Only have the UMP left and then I've unlocked everything. Vietnam's pretty cool, too.

Add Xuxly if you want someone late at night on PS3.

Evolved1

TheSeks said:
I don't mind Rock reviving me, but he revives me at the shittest possible times. Yes, Rock, because I'm begging you to revive me into a snipers waiting to resnipe me because you're coming across the field's bullet. >:| :mad:

I hope he learned the lesson against those 50 clantards, he dies. I revive, die, he dies, we get disarmed.

Getting revived after being sniped shouldn't be an issue... you have a second or two of invulnerability, the ability to juke the recon who killed you, and generally knowledge of where the kill-shot came from. Doesn't even matter if your mag was spent either, since it's not a CQB situation.

Only time I think medics need to be careful is in front of a vehicle or generally in hectic CQB situations. Sometimes in a fight over a crate, the revive can be a good thing, but generally in heated situations medics should exercise caution. Because getting revived in CQB with a spent mag is the worst! You have to switch to pistol and if you die, they bring you back and all you have is your knife! :lol

Rock has never done anything like that to me, but plenty of smurfs have...

If I'm playing medic (which is pretty rare) and see a guy get sniped I bring him back. If he doesn't move and gets sniped again I consider that his fault, if he does move and gets sniped again I say "holy shit that's a good recon" and then I revive him again. :lol Just out of morbid curiosity.

Cuban Legend said:
On the subject of stats, I know that most Battlefield players are stat whores/check thier stats alot... I check them only on this site every once in a while.

yeah, i check my stats all the time, i literally have 2 tabs for BFBCS and 2 tabs for Statsverse open as a regular part of my 'always open tabs' when i'm browsing the internet.

TheSeks

recklessmind said:
Getting revived after being sniped shouldn't be an issue... you have a second or two of invulnerability, the ability to juke the recon who killed you, and generally knowledge of where the kill-shot came from. Doesn't even matter if your mag was spent either, since it's not a CQB situation.

So you're telling me you haven't had:

*DEATH*
YOU HAVE BEEN REVIVED BY ROCK.
*Staring at a wall*
"Goddamn it, Roc--"
*sniped because if I turn instantly trying to get my barings the inv. is broken. Don't move for two seconds, inv. is gone, sniped*?

Because I have had it with Rock's revives 9/10 of the time. It's so incredibly annoying, as I am a visual person. Being revived in a gunfight and facing a wall screws me 10/10 of the time.

Evolved1

The Faceless Master said:
yeah, i check my stats all the time, i literally have 2 tabs for BFBCS and 2 tabs for Statsverse open as a regular part of my 'always open tabs' when i'm browsing the internet.

Amazing thing I noticed about your stats last time you posted (other than that they are quite impressive) is that you have almost a perfect split between time on PS3 and 360. Even your stats on each system are eerily similar.

TheSeks said:
So you're telling me you haven't had:

*DEATH*
YOU HAVE BEEN REVIVED BY ROCK.
*Staring at a wall*
"Goddamn it, Roc--"
*sniped because if I turn instantly trying to get my barings the inv. is broken. Don't move for two seconds, inv. is gone, sniped*?

Because I have had it with Rock's revives 9/10 of the time. It's so incredibly annoying, as I am a visual person. Being revived in a gunfight and facing a wall screws me 10/10 of the time.

I guess I've been lucky enough not to... but again I'm not always considering your situation. I have to say you get mad props from me playing visually, without audio cues. The other day I was thinking about it, and how some very vital information is constantly conveyed to players only through audio. I once had a bugged game -- and in no way am I trying to draw a false equivalence -- but I had to play without sound and found it very disorientating. I thought, damn Seks has to deal with this all the time. I try to think about that when were on the same team, or in a chopper or something. Rock doesn't use a mic but he can hear me when I say stuff, so maybe that's why it doesn't happen as much -- I'll tell him I'm out of ammo or whatever.

And it's true too sometimes you get revived facing weird directions...

Seks is not the only one. I too am a victim of Rock's revivals. He revives me in an area surrounded by enemies. By the time I revive I'm gunned down soon after because I'm surrounded.

There is always a reason I'm dead and it's always an enemy nearby.

As I called it months ago "medic bait".

abuC

The Faceless Master said:

I liked the stats from BC1 much more, they showed your KD/R with vehicles as well.

Oh yeah Seks your landmine saved me from a roadkill on Atacama desert. Some poor guy was about to run me over from behind then boom the cars flies away next to me. I didn't notice I was standing next to a landmine.

TheSeks

Crakatak187 said:
Oh yeah Seks your landmine saved me from a roadkill on Atacama desert. Some poor guy was about to run me over from behind then boom the cars flies away next to me. I didn't notice I was standing next to a landmine.

I learned those spots from Faceless, mostly. Thank him for that. And thank the dumbasses for running into them blindly. :lol

but again I'm not always considering your situation. I have to say you get mad props from me playing visually, without audio cues. The other day I was thinking about it, and how some very vital information is constantly conveyed to players only through audio. I once had a bugged game -- and in no way am I trying to draw a false equivalence -- but I had to play without sound and found it very disorientating.

It's not very disorientating if I have proper heads up. The spot ability is nice, but with the cool down and randoms not really using it (hell, most of GAF doesn't really use it often. I'm probably the only person in the world that attempts to spot before firing anymore) it really dropped my awareness.

Provided they aren't behind me, anyone in front of me or to the sides is generally going to go down (unless they're Magnum Ammoed. SMH perk).

A year or two of Q3A kinda raises your aiming skills a bit.

And it's true too sometimes you get revived facing weird directions...

IIRC, Faceless said it's by "medic's back" so if the medic is rushing over and revives in the direction of the wall, you "spawn" behind him and in the direction facing the wall. Stupid, really.

This Rock guy sounds like a Medic who needs to practice a bit more, no offense to him.

Medic Rule #1: Don't revive someone if there are enemies nearby. Kill first, then revive when the coast is clear.

It's always better to wait, think and try to kill nearby enemies before reviving (and possibly fail, losing your team only 1 more ticket) than to lose 2 tickets for your team for reviving before the coast is clear (or as clear as you can make it).

Medic Tips:
-If your teammate refuses your revival offer, respect it.
-Drop a med pack down and then go try to kill the enemy before reviving the fallen teammate.
-In situations dealing with distant/hidden enemies: advise them to run for cover upon revival, throw down a med pack to help them in their escape path, and then run out quickly for the revive.

TheSeks

Rock isn't a bad player, he just needs to learn to not revive if someone is way out on the map. Oh, and in firefights. Because of said disorientation when revived and suddenly facing a wall. It's not good to be facing a wall with a two second revive protection because if you turn during those two seconds, it's broken and you're dead/sitting duck.

Seriously, Crack and I bitch about this because it's really annoying. I don't complain because he's trying to refund tickets on attack, but dying twice with no kills to show for it is :|

Yo Cuban, I don't think I have you on my friend's list. I play every night or so and it would be nice to play with some more teamwork oriented people. What's your Steam ID/EA ID? I have retail but added the game to my steam list so it pops up when I'm playing.

(I'll try adding your GAF name next time I'm on btw)

Mr Sandman said:
Yo Cuban, I don't think I have you on my friend's list. I play every night or so and it would be nice to play with some more teamwork oriented people. What's your Steam ID/EA ID? I have retail but added the game to my steam list so it pops up when I'm playing.

(I'll try adding your GAF name next time I'm on btw)
my steam is cuban_legend, try a space if the underscore doesnt work. :)

And since you're on PC, you're welcome to join up on the GAF mumble server, we don't use the in-game VOIP. Mic use isn't required though highly recommended, even so - it's beneficial if you can hear us.

And using the in-game text chat is tiresome, besides we only use it to rile up the enemy team with blatant trolling. :D

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
I completely forgot about this thread until now, mainly because I never really played when it started out. Are there any charts that can give me an idea of range adjustments on the various sniper rifles scopes? I don't usually play recon, but when I do, I prefer to be able to not have to take 5 shots trying to range my target.

I've put about 50 hours into multiplayer, and I'm pretty crap so far, only being a First Sergeant I with about a .82 KDR right now. It probably doesn't help much that I only play Heavy Metal for the most part. I have played a couple other random maps, but I just prefer the large vehicle oriented maps. I suppose it's natural for that map, but I usually am at my best as an engineer, AT4 sniping tanks and the occasional helo. I do like to recon it up occasionally as I mentioned, and have even managed to snipe pilots out of their cockpits from over a base away, though sadly nobody is ever around on my team to quickly hop into the thing before it explodes.

What are some good maps to play as an assault or medic? I have recon, engineer and vehicle all maxed out, but the other two seem relatively useless on Heavy Metal.

TheSeks

Calion82v said:
Sigh. Froze at the loading screen. >_<

Jtrizzy's a bit of an idiot. "HOLD B! HOLD B! HOLD B!" Finally it clicks in his mind as I'm getting killer score holding B last set Hill 113 with two randoms on defense.

How awesome am I and the XM22?

26 kills
16 deaths
1.63 KDR

6160 Medic Score
2600 Awards Score

Total 8760 points

PeterMooreSoAwesome.jpg

And... AND... ANNNNNNNNND...

Click me to find out more.

TheSeks

DarthWoo said:
What are some good maps to play as an assault or medic?

ALL.

I have recon, engineer and vehicle all maxed out, but the other two seem relatively useless on Heavy Metal.

Except this one, but even then Assault and Medic to heal infantry is a bit needed on the base, but that's a vehicle eccentric map with sniping dicks. So they aren't as important.

Play Rush if you really want to get score for unlocks. Assault and Medic are needed there.

Wow, surprised to see this thread still active so much.

I rented the game yesterday & online was a ghost town. Couldn't even find one game of Conquest half the night or squad deathmatch. Seemed like there were only 3 or 4 matches going on at one time throughout all the game modes by the way I kept getting tossed in with the same groups over & over through the day.

See You Next Wednesday said:
Wow, surprised to see this thread still active so much.

I rented the game yesterday & online was a ghost town. Couldn't even find one game of Conquest half the night or squad deathmatch. Seemed like there were only 3 or 4 matches going on at one time throughout all the game modes by the way I kept getting tossed in with the same groups over & over through the day.

Xbox was having issues last night, (if thats what you're playing on) had a few games of 2v2. Also, possibly deathmatch isnt popular?

TheSeks said:
I seriously don't know what's up with the drop in players, considering any game I've joined generally has a few players, why can't DICE just put them in one map or something if it's a popular map? I don't think most people are going to bitch that their White Pass selection is turned into Arica or something.
if it was anything like yesterday, they might be having server issues. i remember quite a few people having issues connecting at around this same time yesterday.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
TheSeks said:
ALL.

Except this one, but even then Assault and Medic to heal infantry is a bit needed on the base, but that's a vehicle eccentric map with sniping dicks. So they aren't as important.

Play Rush if you really want to get score for unlocks. Assault and Medic are needed there.

I'm not sure if it's my imagination, but the assault's initial weapon is rather poor, and in general they just have a lot more recoil than SMGs with not significantly higher stopping power. I suppose I could probably just play an assault with my Thompson.

Top Bottom