• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Calion

TheSeks said:
Jtrizzy's a bit of an idiot. "HOLD B! HOLD B! HOLD B!" Finally it clicks in his mind as I'm getting killer score holding B last set Hill 113 with two randoms on defense.

How awesome am I and the XM22?

26 kills
16 deaths
1.63 KDR

6160 Medic Score
2600 Awards Score

Total 8760 points

PeterMooreSoAwesome.jpg

And... AND... ANNNNNNNNND...

Click me to find out more.

Again, congrats on 50. :D

TheSeks said:
Jtrizzy's a bit of an idiot. "HOLD B! HOLD B! HOLD B!" Finally it clicks in his mind as I'm getting killer score holding B last set Hill 113 with two randoms on defense.

26 kills
16 deaths
1.63 KDR

6160 Medic Score
2600 Awards Score

Total 8760 points

PeterMooreSoAwesome.jpg

4q7Yv.jpg

abuC

TheSeks said:

26 kills
16 deaths
1.63 KDR

6160 Medic Score
2600 Awards Score

Total 8760 points

PeterMooreSoAwesome.jpg

Welcome-To-The-Club-Cd-Cover-13548.jpg

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
DarthWoo said:
I'm not sure if it's my imagination, but the assault's initial weapon is rather poor, and in general they just have a lot more recoil than SMGs with not significantly higher stopping power. I suppose I could probably just play an assault with my Thompson.

AEK's only fault is it's shitty ironsights.

\|/ (okay, that loooks really naughty like an ASCII vagina, but...) imagine the \/ is curved. The | in the center is where you want your bullets to hit. Fire between the top of the \/ and the | along with feathering the trigger and you'll kill people.

AEK along with all the default guns don't suck, it's just once you unlock the other guns it's hard to go back to some of them (the AEK, being the most notable).

Faceless said:
>>Stuff<<

:lol :lol I know, right?

Blizzard

Banned
Scores seem to vary a good bit. Sometimes I'll get 300-4000 depending on how badly I'm doing, but one time I got this:

scorexhi1.png

Is getting one or more of the 5k/10k point pins key to high scores? I may have been first place that map, so maybe that was it. I don't know that I ever broke 10k besides that time.

TheSeks

Awards like the Ensignia's are only awards once. They give 10K points on getting them, useful at lower (or hell, high but more useful at low) levels to level up quickly. You want to shoot for them.

Pins you get more than once, sometimes five or more in a round. Highest they award is 200, mostly 50-150.

Key to really high scores is to be in a squad, set a point as attack/defend and kill/heal,ammo,spot,mines,repair blah blah blah be a team player.

The only reason I was 5000+ points opposed to the enemy team (and everyone on my team) was because I healed. My SPM that round was probably in the 100's for my medikit (range = more points, heal faster = slight increase in points in return for faster heal time, IIRC?) usage in addition to setting a crate as defend and killing people going toward the crate (+50 kill +100 squad defend objective +10 squad defend order).

Seriously, squad orders start to add up.

TheSeks said:
Awards like the Ensignia's are only awards once. They give 10K points on getting them, useful at lower (or hell, high but more useful at low) levels to level up quickly. You want to shoot for them.

Pins you get more than once, sometimes five or more in a round. Highest they award is 200, mostly 50-150.

Key to really high scores is to be in a squad, set a point as attack/defend and kill/heal,ammo,spot,mines,repair blah blah blah be a team player.

The only reason I was 5000+ points opposed to the enemy team (and everyone on my team) was because I healed. My SPM that round was probably in the 100's for my medikit (range = more points, heal faster = slight increase in points in return for faster heal time, IIRC?) usage in addition to setting a crate as defend and killing people going toward the crate (+50 kill +100 squad defend objective +10 squad defend order).

Seriously, squad orders start to add up
Seks you need to get a Gaming PC and join PC-BC2GAF guys on the mumble server... you just described the play-style we use.

you sound like you'd fit along well with the rest of us "PC-BC2GAF team-players". :D

TheSeks

Cuban Legend said:
Seks you need to get a Gaming PC and join PC-BC2GAF guys on the mumble server... you sound like you'd fit along well with the rest of us "PC-BC2GAF team-players". :D

Buy me a Gaming PC and maybe. If you don't mind a cripple. :lol

TheSeks said:
Buy me a Gaming PC and maybe. If you don't mind a cripple. :lol
With the newly released "Sandy Balls Bridge" CPU's/Motherboards from Intel being top of the line performance for budget price, you could probably build a very good Gaming PC for about $900-$1000 USD.

If you can play BC2 as well as you describe (on consoles), no matter what kind of cripple you are, you can do well on PC. :D

Miggytronz

TheSeks said:
I don't think it's any of that.

Mine's the first revision (Jasper?) with the new heatsink. I took the sumbitch apart after it E74'ed for the second time (a year after I paid $150 for MS to fix the damn thing in the first place) do the X-CLAMP fix/replace thermal paste and...

E74 on bootup and a few seconds later the error code/message blanks out and the lights change to 1/3 flashing. Which means it's apparently overheating despite the fact I haven't put the damn thing in the case all the way yet. :|
redo it. make sure that processor is clean clean clean and re-paste it with Arctic Silver.

TheSeks

Cuban Legend said:
With the newly released "Sandy Balls Bridge" CPU's/Motherboards from Intel being top of the line performance for budget price, you could probably build a very good Gaming PC for about 900-$1000 USD.

If you can play BC2 as well as you describe (on consoles), no matter what kind of cripple you are, you can do well on PC. :D

Shit son, I don't have that type of money. Hence, buy me one. :lol
I really need a job. No one calls me back. SMH.

I honestly haven't played a FPS on the PC in about... 8-10 years. Since Q3A on a 56K (yes, long long time ago), so I'd probably be bad and "WTF is this shit control method, I want my controller." for a month or two in addition to having to regrind unlocks. Oh lord. :(

Crakatak187 said:
I'll stick up for Jtrizzy. He doesn't normally play conquest.

This was Rush. Hill 113 or whatever the number is. Cal left because he froze. I was doing work defending and JTrizzy just runs off like a lunatic and I'm like "NOOOO COME BACKKKK I NEED THE AMMOOOOOOO ;____;" :lol

Mikasangelos said:
redo it. make sure that processor is clean clean clean and re-paste it with Arctic Silver.

I guess I'll redo it this weekend (having to retake the DVD and stuff out. Pain in the ass, even to get back in), but honestly I can't care if the 360 is finally dead. I just would have to sell my 15-30 games and the controller (slightly used, abused by 6-16 year old cousins) though, and the only thing on the 360 horizon I really want is Radiant Silvergun XBLA. :/

Olimpia is acting mighty strange today...(then again his headset was sounding weird too..)

that last conquest round sucked

I don't know why so many people were running for choppers even though they usually get shut down in 2 seconds in Vietnam.

Was there also a reason why everyone was going for A instead of B?
Leaving B in their hands means they can flank from both sides + A was right outside of their base...made no sense.

JJD also need to stop being in the "I'm an engineer, I must repair all the time" mode. Especially when an enemy is right near by. (striketh does this also, coming out to repair even though an enemy engineer might be a few feet away.)

I got the ace pin in the end, but that game felt horrible...

1stStrike

Banned
I really don't even play engineer or drive vehicles much anymore. I actually avoid them as much as possible these days unless there's just absolutely no one going for them.

I generally avoid your squad for the most part as well since no matter what I do it's apparently wrong to you since you bitch up a storm. You're like the vocal version of Seks.

TheSeks

Dreamgazer said:

Choppers are at A/D in Hastings.

Also fucked up J's Huey kills trying to get to C to retake it/kill tanks, sorry about that. But you at least got 2-5 kills for the trophy off me. :lol

You're like the vocal version of Seks.

Hey! I'm sniper dick, I'm not assault sniper dick.

1stStrike said:
I generally avoid your squad for the most part as well since no matter what I do it's apparently wrong to you since you bitch up a storm. You're like the vocal version of Seks.

lol. I actually just specifically pick on you since I'm bitter about that long hiatus that you took.

When JM comes back (whenever that is) I'll start picking on him :lol

1stStrike

Banned
Dreamgazer said:
lol. I actually just specifically pick on you since I'm bitter about that long hiatus that you took.

Bastard. I'm going to sabotage you tank :(

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
dream never yells at me... i think i call mysef stupid and retarded too much for anyone else to get a chance to...

Sorry for bailing on Hastings earlier, but I just wasn't in the mood for that map.

Razor210

Dreamgazer said:
i do the same to Razor to. Although I tried holding back a bit since it wasn't his fault that he went on hiatus:lol
Why do you think I play engineer so much - its just sticking with teammates, pressing left, and holding down R1 :lol

1stStrike said:
Bastard. I'm going to sabotage you tank :(
Scratch that, I like this idea better

Dreamgazer said:

*Shakes fist*

Nobody picks on JM! :lol

I won't be on tomorrow. My birthday tomorrow.

Jas

Cuban Legend said:
With the newly released "Sandy Balls Bridge" CPU's/Motherboards from Intel being top of the line performance for budget price, you could probably build a very good Gaming PC for about $900-$1000 USD.

I actually put my current PC together back in July for around $950 USD.

i7-920
12g ram
1 tb hard drive

That's not including windows since I had it already or a monitor since I have it hooked up to my tv.

Now if you aren't into building Dell Outlet usually has solid deals but you won't be able to over clock.

:lol

Thanks. Normally I wouldn't mention it at all, but you're all my battlefield buddies.

Damn straight it better be based with 13,000+ kills with it :lol

Sai-kun said:
Is there a fairly active PCGAF server? :D
I'll quote one of my posts from the last page:
Cuban Legend said:
you're welcome to join up on the GAF mumble server, we don't use the in-game VOIP. Mic use isn't required though highly recommended, even so - it's beneficial if you can hear us.

And using the in-game text chat is tiresome, besides we only use it to rile up the enemy team with blatant trolling. :D
No there isnt a server GAF owns and plays on for BC2, we server hop. We usually have about half a dozen very good servers that we play on because of their desirable map rotations/player base.

Dani is on Steam, and he's even played BC2 with us on mumble in the past week, along with DiabolicalBagel and friends, it was fun, we've had a recent influx of "Christmas Noobs" (not that they are lacking in skill, but they acquired the game through the recent holiday sale) and they have been actively supporting PC-BC2GAF when the vets of our group take breaks from the game.

Basically, we've been seeing action in PC-BC2GAF usually every night since the Christmas Sale in some form or another. :D

Xux

Woot. 2 days total played. I still pretty much completely suck. :lol Guess I'll learn to watch every flank root at once and perfect getting headshots while hipfiring eventually. Oh and match up with people that spot and not against people that know how.

TheSeks

abuC said:
Seems like the game is losing steam, there are less and less full servers lately.

It's apparently the servers matchmaking that's failing (on 360), DICE said. If that's true another reason why matchmaking fails and server browsers rule.

Cuban Legend said:
>>Stuff<<

Good to see you guys have as many players as PS3GAF now. Enjoy servers being cleared/ragequitting due to it now? :lol

TheSeks

Mikasangelos said:

Did that. E74 shown, fan is kicked on, screen blanks out a few seconds after and the fans turn off about 15-30 seconds after and stay off while the console powers on. I think it's totally dead. :/

Miggytronz

TheSeks said:
Did that. E74 shown, fan is kicked on, screen blanks out a few seconds after and the fans turn off about 15-30 seconds after and stay off while the console powers on. I think it's totally dead. :/

damn, a Jasper board too. that sucks.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
TheSeks said:
It's apparently the servers matchmaking that's failing (on 360), DICE said. If that's true another reason why matchmaking fails and server browsers rule.

Yeah, last night, alot of games were only half full and then the numbers end up lopsided towards the other team, and I was on the losing end the majority of the time.

Get your fucking act together, DICE.

TheSeks

Mikasangelos said:
damn, a Jasper board too. that sucks.

Yeah, I'm really pissed. The OG X-box (1.1) died only after a Florida Hurricane knocked it out/PPU failure. Got one of the last revisions (1.6) and never had a problem after. Seems this outing MS couldn't fix that shit and I don't want to buy a Slim just for one $15 XBLA game. :/

Guess it's time to take my games and controller to GameFail and see if that 50% trade in value stuff is worth it. :/

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Cuban Legend said:

No there isnt a server GAF owns and plays on for BC2, we server hop. We usually have about half a dozen very good servers that we play on because of their desirable map rotations/player base.

Dani is on Steam, and he's even played BC2 with us on mumble in the past week, along with DiabolicalBagel and friends, it was fun, we've had a recent influx of "Christmas Noobs" (not that they are lacking in skill, but they acquired the game through the recent holiday sale) and they have been actively supporting PC-BC2GAF when the vets of our group take breaks from the game.

Basically, we've been seeing action in PC-BC2GAF usually every night since the Christmas Sale in some form or another. :D
I was playing against you last night, and had probably my best game ever :D . You held us on A on the final set on Arica, but I went on a 24 kill streak with the tank on the final two sets. You got my tags in a later game, when I was back to my usual 0.5 K/D.

yeah, 360 BC2 matchmaking has been screwy the past few days. some of us have only been able to join games by joining a friend already playing.

it ends up with some lopsided games when one side has a bunch of peeps who join their friends and the other side ... doesn't...

olimpia84

Dreamgazer said:
Olimpia is acting mighty strange today...(then again his headset was sounding weird too..)

that last conquest round sucked

I don't know why so many people were running for choppers even though they usually get shut down in 2 seconds in Vietnam.

Leaving B in their hands means they can flank from both sides + A was right outside of their base...made no sense.

JJD also need to stop being in the "I'm an engineer, I must repair all the time" mode. Especially when an enemy is right near by. (striketh does this also, coming out to repair even though an enemy engineer might be a few feet away.)

I got the ace pin in the end, but that game felt horrible...

I think the reason for going for A is that they were holding B for dear life. I tried capping B at least 5 or 6 times just to get killed in the process. JJD helped me a few times but it was either 2 or 3 of us trying to cap it against at least 6 people in the other team defending it. At that point I was like screw B and go for A/C/D but it was getting impossible because as soon as they lost a flag they went right away to get it back (in big numbers). Our team just wasn't smart enough in capturing/defending flags.

And the reason I kept going for the choppers is because I was using them for transportation purposes. At one point we only had D and we were surrounded by them so I took the chopper, went to C and jumped down to capture it. I got a message from some dude telling me to "stop wasting the helos" so he obviously didn't have a clue of what I was trying to do.

Also, in the end when the ticket count got REALLY close, by rule of thumb we needed to become medics to save tickets =/

olimpia84 said:
I think the reason for going for A is that they were holding B for dear life. I tried capping B at least 5 or 6 times just to get killed in the process. JJD helped me a few times but it was either 2 or 3 of us trying to cap it against at least 6 people in the other team defending it. At that point I was like screw B and go for A/C/D but it was getting impossible because as soon as they lost a flag they went right away to get it back (in big numbers). Our team just wasn't smart enough in capturing/defending flags.

And the reason I kept going for the choppers is because I was using them for transportation purposes. At one point we only had D and we were surrounded by them so I took the chopper, went to C and jumped down to capture it. I got a message from some dude telling me to "stop wasting the helos" so he obviously didn't have a clue of what I was trying to do.

Also, in the end when the ticket count got REALLY close, by rule of thumb we needed to become medics to save tickets =/

Yeah but they were holding A for dear life also, so I found that to be extremely pointless.. I almost captured b 1-2 times, but no one was there to back me up T_T.

I know you were using the choppers for transportation reason, but there were alot of people in the game just using it for useless combat reason >.>

When we had the 30 ticket lead (6x vs. 3x), I don't know why everyone was sitting in D watching C and A get captured - by the time you noticed it was too late T_T

Miggytronz

The Faceless Master said:
yeah, 360 BC2 matchmaking has been screwy the past few days. some of us have only been able to join games by joining a friend already playing.

it ends up with some lopsided games when one side has a bunch of peeps who join their friends and the other side ... doesn't...

ive noticed the same shinanigans. just the other night Me and 3 other friends get in a match thats 5 vs 3. We were defending, soon enough it was 4 vs 1. We stuck it out for over 1hr with this 1 guy. Till the room flooded to 8 vs 8. then gameplay picked up.

Sai-kun

Banned
Cuban Legend said:

Cool! I'll definitely have to hop on tonight or something if you guys are playing. Are we Steam friends, Cuban?

Yes, I have you on Steam, Sai. I have a =GAF= in front of "Cuban Legend".
poppabk said:
I was playing against you last night, and had probably my best game ever :D . You held us on A on the final set on Arica, but I went on a 24 kill streak with the tank on the final two sets. You got my tags in a later game, when I was back to my usual 0.5 K/D.
So you were that motherfucker in the tank everyone kept raging about. It's all good though, you guys were steam rolling us and I couldn't figure out why we were doing so bad with our sense of awareness that game :lol

I was rolling as Engie for some reason until the final two sets when I realized it was useless since no one else was tagging you with AT rounds but me, then I rolled a Medic with Range+/Heal+ on my medkits and focused on keeping everyone alive... I must have gotten 75% of my points from those last two objectives.

I had serious amount of deaths though, so i didn't even screenshot the scoreboard, we were all cheering at the end of that round and we looked at our scores in dismay...

xKilltheMx said:
Decided to boot this up again after a short hiatus. So good.

edit: so good when theres not 3 people in a room, did Vietnam die?
Matchmaking just blows. That's the only reasonable answer to all PS3 gaf problems.

Cuban Legend said:
Yes, I have you on Steam, Sai. I have a =GAF= in front of "Cuban Legend".

So you were that motherfucker in the tank everyone kept raging about. It's all good though, you guys were steam rolling us and I couldn't figure out why we were doing so bad with our sense of awareness that game :lol

I was rolling as Engie for some reason until the final two sets when I realized it was useless since no one else was tagging you with AT rounds but me, then I rolled a Medic with Range+/Heal+ on my medkits and focused on keeping everyone alive... I must have gotten 75% of my points from those last two objectives.

I had serious amount of deaths though, so i didn't even screenshot the scoreboard, we were all cheering at the end of that round and we looked at our scores in dismay...
Haha was I in that game? Yeah that tank was owning us. But we pulled through and defused the last mcom multiple times for the win.:D

Just had my absolute best game ever.

I guess the weapon (SAIGA) may make it seem less impressive but this was my first time trying it and it was only because I hate all of the other Medic Guns.

27 kills
12 deaths
2.25 KDR

2685 Medic Score
940 Vehicle Score
8100 Awards Score

Total 11725 points

Plus Headshot with Engineers Repair Gun for maximum lulz

NiceGorillaSharkHighFive.png

Top Bottom