• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

See You Next Wednesday said:
Crap! Not one game out of all the modes or Onslaught right now on the 360.
Either the game is dead online or EA servers are having problems a year+ after the game's release?

Either way, what a broken piece of shit. Yesterday I was on a team of 3-4 against 12+ a few times.
Out of the 12 games I played yesterday, 4 of them ended with the other team spawn trapping us non-stop till the game ended.

People were recommended this game over the Call of Duty games because of balance? This game has the worst spawns ever in a FPS. It's inexcusable.
yeah, this week, several of us have had problems with connecting on 360. it's been weird since tuesday.

abuC

The Faceless Master said:
yeah, this week, several of us have had problems with connecting on 360. it's been weird since tuesday.

The game put me into an empty server on Harvest day.

bean breath said:
Sooooo mad. You have no idea.

Why not? It's fun.

Aww.
Now i'm going to have to keep settling for just imagining your sultry voice in my ear, lambasting people for using magnum ammo. :(
How considerate of you.
01laugh.gif

Now That's asking waaaaay too much. Good thing you have no say in the matter :)

Good games tonight 360 GAF!

Hey Faceless, when I ask for an ammo box I mean like sometime this century, thanks.

Sill4, You want to gold star that m40? Do it on your own time. I needed you to go medic and basically just shadow me all game, hide in a bush somewhere and spring out only when I die and the coast is clear and revive me please.

Serpico? I got killed by PBR's like 5 times. That's on you, bro

Also, great job getting the last crate on Vantage Point. I was posing, getting ready for my cameo that never happened.

Am i doing it, right?
we even have our own Sekoku on 360, looks like i don't need PS3 anymore!

UFRA

Crakatak187 said:
Thanks. The cake was great. Hazelnut and whipped cream MMMMM. Felt like it was more of a birthday for my Nephew. Afterwards he begged to play Gears so I played him with and he shit his pants on Berserker.

I knew you would remember. We're still BFBC2 partners. Hows MW2 with your old friends going? You should tell us about it.

Glad to hear you had a good day. :)

MW2 had been going pretty well the past month or so. Definitely felt good to play some of those maps again.

However, this past week has been ridiculous. It's like someone mass-released the admin hacks for the game. Last night we encountered 6 hackers, and today I only played 3 games and encountered 1 hacker.

Needless to say, we are dropping MW2 (except for occasional play) and moving to Black Ops even though the guns/maps aren't quite as fun. Fair play is more desirable.

I'm kinda COD'd out right now anyways, anyone gonna be on BC2 tomorrow? :)

Yeah I don't mind it. It's pretty much the last year we could spent time together. I'll be gone next year and My little sister will be in college 1.5 years from now. She's the one I worry about most about leaving since she doesn't get along with my older brother and she adores me. I'm trying to get her to bond with my older brother before I go to the military. She can't continue to be intimidated by him.

When I go I'll be back on gaf within a few months I hope for BF3!

I won't be gone until Fall/Winter. Plenty of Crack for some time BFBC2 it up.

My only regret is that I won't be able to play Uncharted 3 and Resistance 3 on launch hahaha (I miss the laughing face)

olimpia84

last night I relived old times and had an all-conquest evening in the vanilla game. We did good, we only lost that one round in Harvest Day because we were outnumbered but after that we rolled and won several games until the other team rage quit

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Kyouji said:
I keep trying to call out enemy directions, then I realise there's no compass in base BC2.

I don't know if this will work for you (or if my teammates even understand when I do it haha) but to substitute for lack of compass you can call out "# at x o'clock" or something. The idea is that 12 o'clock is looking out over the objective when you first spawn. See two guys moving in to arm on the left you can say "two assaults 9 o'clock" and that gives pretty good description of the situation. Can be confusing though, I guess.

No one else that I play with does that though... so I imagine whenever I say that they're like "wtf you're 9 or my nine... what are you talking about!??. Heh.

Evolved1

abuC said:
I've been playing like crap lately, not cool.

On the plus side, only a few more kills to 40,000.

There have been major hit detection issues recently... I don't know if it's servers or what... but I had to put the game down twice yesterday.

I was losing every 1v1 and too many times the kill cam would show the guy w/ 100% health or just a sliver gone. Over and over. And honestly I really don't give two shits about stats or K/D so I will play through that mess, but it was screwing up important moments like getting the drop on a guy trying to disarm... I empty my clip at close range and then he turns and kills me. 100% health. Just absurd.

I spent most of yesterday on netflix.

abuC

recklessmind said:
There have been major hit detection issues recently... I don't know if it's servers or what... but I had to put the game down twice yesterday.

I was losing every 1v1 and too many times the kill cam would show the guy w/ 100% health or just a sliver gone. Over and over. And honestly I really don't give two shits about stats or K/D so I will play through that mess, but it was screwing up important moments like getting the drop on a guy trying to disarm... I empty my clip at close range and then he turns and kills me. 100% health. Just absurd.

I spent most of yesterday on netflix.

Nah, my decline started before last night, the last few days I've been awful. I don't really have an explanation, but I can even see the decline in my stats history.

Daigoro

Sill4 said:
I've been trying to play with 360 Gaf all week, but either the games are always full, or I get booted to the menu :(

I will likely play later tonight when I get off work. Will attempt to join people on the Gaf list.

I'm pissed that the 'nam recons don't have a motion sensor. Hell, make it sonar based or some shit to keep up with the 60/70'a theme.

Also wish I could take the scope off the m40 and use iron sights.

i was trying to join you guys last night. when i finally got into a game everyone left. server was about empty anyways.

had to play with randoms all fucking night. some of them were ok though. so it wasnt a nightmare.

at one point on Vietnam rush we were playing against a team of seven lvl 50 players. Seven. it was brutal. one of the guys had "we clear rush lobbies" in his gamer tag. im sure it fun playing in empty lobbies half the time because youve got a whole team of lvl 50's there pal. enjoy!

It's really frustrating not being able to connect to games in the past few days. I can individually join random games fairly easily, but if my party wants to play together, one or more of us "can't find games." I joined a couple of GAF matches last night, but then had to drop back out because some party members were just sitting at the menu screen.

Daigoro said:
at one point on Vietnam rush we were playing with a team of seven lvl 50 players. Seven. it was brutal. one of the guys had "we clear rush lobbies" in his gamer tag. im sure it fun playing in empty lobbies half the time because youve got a whole team of lvl 50's there pal. enjoy!

It seemed like every game I went into last night was against teams of 50's. I try and send a "good game" message to whomever destroys me most, so someone knows I'm not really rage quiting, but it's disheartening to get crushed time and again. I play with a regular party, and we sometimes feel like we're the only ones trying to win the game. "Why are there so many recons? Wait, don't just run by the flag, help me cap it! Why are they driving vehicles way over there? Repair me! Stop driving away, I'm trying to repair you! You're a medic, don't just run past my dead body!"

Mikasangelos said:
What is this! Is there a similar app for iPhone?

Evolved1

Are they fixing the thing where the huey (on consoles) dies in like four seconds...

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Had some great matches with Rockscar2 and some other gaffers.

Evolved1

Fersis said:
Had some great matches with Rockscar2 and some other gaffers.

Tried to get in on those but the game is freezing a lot...

Sill4

bean breath said:
Sill4, You want to gold star that m40? Do it on your own time. I needed you to go medic and basically just shadow me all game, hide in a bush somewhere and spring out only when I die and the coast is clear and revive me please.
lol but I wasn't recon!

If anything, you have to scream at me for throwing ammo boxes onto hills, where they just slide off into the water below!

Kyouji said:
Good rounds, PC GAF squad. I had to leave because my game was chugging and skipping between 1 and 40fps.

I keep trying to call out enemy directions, then I realise there's no compass in base BC2.
Yes, good games, I had to go early that night but it was still fun. I rolled the AH-64 on Arica Rush as Attacker, on the first set: Killed like 3 GAFers with the main rockets. My gunner was on a roll as well, until we were shot out of the sky.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yeah, I'm done with this game until they fix the servers. Not having 12 vs 12 to clear servers out is no fun.

Oh well, more time for LittleBigPlanet 2 then.

Sill4 said:
lol but I wasn't recon!

If anything, you have to scream at me for throwing ammo boxes onto hills, where they just slide off into the water below!

Yeah I know, I was only joking.

I saw you joined my late night game, I was only messing around as a medic. Reviving campers and seeing how far I could sneak into the back of the enemies spawn and let my squad spawn on me.

abuC

TheSeks said:
Yeah, I'm done with this game until they fix the servers. Not having 12 vs 12 to clear servers out is no fun.

Oh well, more time for LittleBigPlanet 2 then.

Ah, you shouldn't have left, we ended up winning that game. One of my old squadmates joined us on the last set.

1stStrike

Banned
That game I joined where it as me, evolved1 and jtrizzy vs everyone else sucked, I came in at the end of the game with no equipment (stats at 0), and we were just crazy fucked. I said fuck it and went to conquest where I got the ace pin every match and had some retard named "buddy" who sounded like he was drunk off his ass keep telling me to "shut up".

I was at like 1,000 points and he had 125 points half way into a match, and I was just like "dude, when you do something worth while let me know"

Sill4

bean breath said:
Yeah I know, I was only joking.

I saw you joined my late night game, I was only messing around as a medic. Reviving campers and seeing how far I could sneak into the back of the enemies spawn and let my squad spawn on me.
I'm going to be honest.

When I join gaffers, I have no idea who anybody is except for faceless and 8 quid.

Was checking the global stats and man I noticed a huge change from half a year ago. Before the AN94 wasn't even in the top 10 for 360 and PS3, now it's right up there in the top 5 for PS3 and 11th for 360. I'm glad the 91-A1 is in the top 15 it's a great gun.

PC AN94 is king.

360 seems to still have too much wookies because 3 sniper rifles are in the top 10 weapons (#1 M24, #7 GOL #8 M95).

The top 3 for PS3 haven't changed much. The first is still XM8P, M60, and M24.

PatzCU

Anyone having trouble getting into PC servers? Every server I try I get a "Server Connection Lost Please Try Again" or something like that.

UFRA

Crak I'm gonna quick do the Bonus Race #4 seasonal event in GT5, (probably 1hr max I'd assume) and then I'll be ready for BC2.

1stStrike

Banned
I'll hop on in a bit as well. Just update this thread when you're gonna play as I'll be whoring on gaf/listening to music for a while.

Total body count

Total time
98,768,678 hours

Dogtags

PS3

Total body count

Total time
93,609,911 hours

Dogtags

PC

Total body count

Total time
61,253,985 hours

Dogtags

PS3 knifes way more then 360.

Even though 360 have more Wookies they only had 72,949,906 motion sensor spots.
While PS3 had 89,487,528 total Motion sensor spots.

abuC

Crakatak187 said:

Total body count

Total time
98,768,678 hours

Dogtags

PS3

Total body count

Total time
93,609,911 hours

Dogtags

PC

Total body count

Total time
61,253,985 hours

Dogtags

PS3 knifes way more then 360.

Even though 360 have more Wookies they only had 72,949,906 motion sensor spots.
While PS3 had 89,487,528 total Motion sensor spots.

Took a screenshot of Xbox 360 players at work:

Scouts%20Camping.jpg

Top Bottom