• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Miggytronz

The Faceless Master said:
i keep telling 360 GAF to post more, dunno if that'll ever happen.

post more??? here in general?

for the last week ive been checking the 360gaf gamertag with only like 1 person playing this game between 8-11 eastern time.

1stStrike

Banned
Happy birthday Crak!

I had a couple good games today. One was with randoms on panama canal conquest. I missed out on ace by about 35 points on that one. My team wasn't that great... we had all the flags for a while, but then they slacked off and the other team nabbed them and held most of them till the end. Both teams had 8 tickets left and I was running around like a mad man, captured C, ran over to A and killed 2 people. We won with 4 tickets left... that was one of those wins where you're just like "man that was fucking lucky."

Then I joined rockscar2 on isla (he invited me to his squad on the next map and his squad invite was in spanish or something... i was like so that's why he never talks :lol ) and I was in one of the helicopters with no gunner... saw a sniper on an island and just plowed my helicopter into him and flew off. It was epic :lol

1stStrike said:
Happy birthday Crak!

I had a couple good games today. One was with randoms on panama canal conquest. I missed out on ace by about 35 points on that one. My team wasn't that great... we had all the flags for a while, but then they slacked off and the other team nabbed them and held most of them till the end. Both teams had 8 tickets left and I was running around like a mad man, captured C, ran over to A and killed 2 people. We won with 4 tickets left... that was one of those wins where you're just like "man that was fucking lucky."

Then I joined rockscar2 on isla (he invited me to his squad on the next map and his squad invite was in spanish or something... i was like so that's why he never talks :lol ) and I was in one of the helicopters with no gunner... saw a sniper on an island and just plowed my helicopter into him and flew off. It was epic :lol
Thanks it's almost cake time for me :D

1stStrike

Banned
I want cake :|

Send some to the east coast. It's guaranteed to not go bad with all the snow we've got. Every time I get a package from UPS it's like grabbing an ice cube.

Sill4

I've been trying to play with 360 Gaf all week, but either the games are always full, or I get booted to the menu :(

I will likely play later tonight when I get off work. Will attempt to join people on the Gaf list.

recklessmind said:
Recons ruin this game.
I'm pissed that the 'nam recons don't have a motion sensor. Hell, make it sonar based or some shit to keep up with the 60/70'a theme.

Also wish I could take the scope off the m40 and use iron sights.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
1stStrike said:
I've been playing recon all day :(

But, I've been using the G33 with a red dot, C4 and throwing fuck tons of motion mines (I forgot how awesome they were to have)

I don't mean those kinds of recons... I mean the bitches who never leave their base.

1stStrike

Banned
recklessmind said:
I don't mean those kinds of recons... I mean the bitches who never leave their base.

Yeah, I know ^_^

Also, I hate it when I throw down a motion mine and I see 3 red arrows on all sides of me, look up and die :lol

Sill4 said:
I've been trying to play with 360 Gaf all week, but either the games are always full, or I get booted to the menu :(

I will likely play later tonight when I get off work. Will attempt to join people on the Gaf list.

I'm pissed that the 'nam recons don't have a motion sensor. Hell, make it sonar based or some shit to keep up with the 60/70'a theme.

Also wish I could take the scope off the m40 and use iron sights.
no motion sensors make everything intense, however, it's not something to hate. i love having C4 and mortars!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Sill4 said:
Waaay too much drama with you PS3 guys.

If by "drama" you mean "strengthening the army" then, yeah.

Drama only makes teams better (or splits them up, either/or).

no motion sensors make everything intense, however, it's not something to hate. i love having C4 and mortars!

I keep getting C4 in Vietnam when I want mortar strikes. I never use C4 outside of Assaults in Vanilla. So I'm like "SMH" when I get the C4 out when I want to quick mortar. :lol

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
1stStrike said:
I've been playing recon all day :(

But, I've been using the G33 with a red dot, C4 and throwing fuck tons of motion mines (I forgot how awesome they were to have)
I am closing in on 1000 '5 motion mine assist' pins.

The Faceless Master said:
i keep telling 360 GAF to post more, dunno if that'll ever happen.

guess i should cook then eat then play.
Post about what? "Quality" revives and only using appropriate kits given the current context of the game and WHY ISN'T ANYONE GOING FOR B!?

:lol

Come on, that's PS3 'serious business' shit.

360 GAF is all about, "What can we do so this team doesn't quit?"

1stStrike

Banned
bean breath said:
Post about what? "Quality" revives and only using appropriate kits given the current context of the game and WHY ISN'T ANYONE GOING FOR B!?

We honestly don't try to roll people. It just happens. I even make suggestions like "let's give them back their helicopter now" or "maybe we should just go all pistols" :lol

bean breath said:

Anyone who complains about my revives will only get revived 10x more by me and will like it!

Also, I think 360 gaf needs to let the opposing team take the first objective set in Rush every game. Otherwise, servers just get cleaned out. But yeah, 360 gaf doesn't say much, because we are too busy kicking ass and taking names.

Coldsnap

Mikasangelos said:
post more??? here in general?

for the last week ive been checking the 360gaf gamertag with only like 1 person playing this game between 8-11 eastern time.

I'm on the friendslist and I play around that time practically every night, join my session or invite me if you see my GT which is ColdsnapBryan.

Darkshier said:
Anyone who complains about my revives will only get revived 10x more by me and will like it!

Also, I think 360 gaf needs to let the opposing team take the first objective set in Rush every game. Otherwise, servers just get cleaned out. But yeah, 360 gaf doesn't say much, because we are too busy kicking ass and taking names.

Seriously, points are points and ain't a damn thing you can do about it.

Crap! Not one game out of all the modes or Onslaught right now on the 360.
Either the game is dead online or EA servers are having problems a year+ after the game's release?

Either way, what a broken piece of shit. Yesterday I was on a team of 3-4 against 12+ a few times.
Out of the 12 games I played yesterday, 4 of them ended with the other team spawn trapping us non-stop till the game ended.

People were recommended this game over the Call of Duty games because of balance? This game has the worst spawns ever in a FPS. It's inexcusable.

Calion

See You Next Wednesday said:
Either way, what a broken piece of shit. Yesterday I was on a team of 3-4 against 12+ a few times.
Out of the 12 games I played yesterday, 4 of them ended with the other team spawn trapping us non-stop till the game ended.

People were recommended this game over the Call of Duty games because of balance? This game has the worst spawns ever in a FPS. It's inexcusable.

You were drastically outnumbered. Once you're cornered, it's hard to recover from that. That has little to nothing due to spawns. I assume you were playing Conquest?

abuC

bean breath said:

That's because PS3 GAF pisses excellence, it sounds like yall aren't accustomed to rolling people. We're the Lakers, we bitch about small things because what else is there to complain about? We stopped worrying about what we could do to get people from quitting months ago.

1stStrike

Banned
abuC said:
That's because PS3 GAF pisses excellence, it sounds like yall aren't accustomed to rolling people. We're the Lakers, we bitch about small things because what else is there to complain about? We stopped worrying about what we could do to get people from quitting months ago.

Note that only a few people on PS3-gaf can say that. I'm usually cussing because I can't get my eyes and thumbs to work together :lol

abuC

1stStrike said:
Note that only a few people on PS3-gaf can say that. I'm usually cussing because I can't get my eyes and thumbs to work together :lol

Yeah, well you're rolling with the squad, so you're still kicking ass.

1stStrike

Banned
abuC said:
Yeah, well you're rolling with the squad, so you're still kicking ass.

lol i think i spend more time respawning and catching up to the ass kickery that's going on ;)

I learned long ago that I've got no patience and the worst timing. I can sit in a spot for 5 minutes and it's absolutely deserted, but the SECOND I move, I run face first into two guys who proceed to shoot/knife me to death :p

abuC

1stStrike said:
lol i think i spend more time respawning and catching up to the ass kickery that's going on ;)

I learned long ago that I've got no patience and the worst timing. I can sit in a spot for 5 minutes and it's absolutely deserted, but the SECOND I move, I run face first into two guys who proceed to shoot/knife me to death :p

I rarely sit still not much patience either, just think about what direction the enemies are coming from and where they're likely to be.

1stStrike

Banned
abuC said:
I rarely sit still not much patience either, just think about what direction the enemies are coming from and where they're likely to be.

lol oh I always know where they're going to be. That's why I constantly run into them. I'm like "I'll find guys over here" *turns a corner and runs into 8 people*

"Oh fuck my li-" *dies*

lol

I definitely seem to excel when I'm not with gaffers though and have a decent team. I was playing a conquest match today on laguna presa (one of my favorites since it's so small) and I was fucking up everyone at B. There was 3 medics reviving each other and I kept killing them over and over again until I finally ran out of bullets and died. This one medic came up to my body and unloaded a clip on the ground lol

No_Style

Decent games. That round of Oasis was the worst for me. My squadmates consisted of two recons having a picnic on one of the islands overlooking the mainland. To their credit, they were helping each other out, but at the end the of game one was dead last and the other was three or four from the bottom.

Calion82v said:
You were drastically outnumbered. Once you're cornered, it's hard to recover from that. That has little to nothing due to spawns. I assume you were playing Conquest?

This happened in Rush & in Conquest & what do you mean this has nothing to do with spawns.
I actually was on a team that spawn trapped another team. I basically was on a tank turret aiming at one spot as the same player kept spawning over & over at that exact same spot. I didn't even have to move the aiming reticule an inch.

I felt sorry for them because they were dying before they could literally even shot one bullet.

I also found a site that tracks BC2 online players.
Seems there are 16,763 on the Xbox360, 13,241 on the PS3. & 13,195 on the PC

So I guess this game is definitely not dead online.

abuC

1stStrike said:
lol oh I always know where they're going to be. That's why I constantly run into them. I'm like "I'll find guys over here" *turns a corner and runs into 8 people*

"Oh fuck my li-" *dies*

lol

I definitely seem to excel when I'm not with gaffers though and have a decent team. I was playing a conquest match today on laguna presa (one of my favorites since it's so small) and I was fucking up everyone at B. There was 3 medics reviving each other and I kept killing them over and over again until I finally ran out of bullets and died. This one medic came up to my body and unloaded a clip on the ground lol

If you run into 8 people, take out 3, that's my motto.

I actually prefer conquest to rush, but not many GAFers seem to play it.

I also found a site that tracks BC2 online players.
Seems there are 16,763 on the Xbox360, 13,241 on the PS3. & 13,195 on the PC

So I guess this game is definitely not dead online.

Which site?

1stStrike

Banned
I always go to bfbcs.com. xbox definitely has more players then everyone else right now. I won't be on tonight, but should be playing tomorrow.

Oh and I try to take out as many as I can abuc, but I usually freak out and start spraying. I'll even jump in surprise IRL and actually press the jump button in game sometimes which does nothing lol

UFRA

Crakatak187 said:
Thanks it's almost cake time for me :D

Happy birthday buddy!!!

I sent you a PSN message BEFORE I checked the forums (proof is in the time sent lol).

I remembered back in Dec when it was my b-day you told me yours. I made sure to mark it on my phone's calendar. I was driving home today and my phone randomly started making noises. I look at it and its like "Crak's birthday!!" :p

Thanks. The cake was great. Hazelnut and whipped cream MMMMM. Felt like it was more of a birthday for my Nephew. Afterwards he begged to play Gears so I played him with and he shit his pants on Berserker.

I knew you would remember. We're still BFBC2 partners. Hows MW2 with your old friends going? You should tell us about it.

TheSeks

bean breath said:
Post about what?

You crying more.

UMAD.jpg and all that rot. Because you're definitely mad, dude.

bean breath said:
Seriously, points are points and ain't a damn thing you can do about it.

So losing two tickets on attack (medic + whatever he revived) due to being revived by medics that want points instead of attempting to refund the ticket safely is a-okay with you? Thanks for letting me know to not play with you.

I'm fine with people reviving, provided it's safe and I'm not going to be revived facing a wall/certain death. If you're just going to revive me for the points, protip: DON'T.

I felt sorry for them because they were dying before they could literally even shot one bullet.

In rush: If you don't start to attack from outset, you're going to lose. If you're not going to be in a squad, you're going to lose. It's why 90% of people opposing GAF generally lose, because they all spawn sniper thinking "oh, someone else will go ahead" and camp in their spawn. Or they lose and then get camped and then don't spawn or spawn recon and hide in their base to attempt to pad their KDR. Sorry, boys, but we don't play that (steals their tanks and proceeds to nuke their base).

In Conquest: If you don't cap and defend your home/closest flag, your team deserves to lose. Pushing is to happen, but if you have 2/3 of the 3/4 flags, you should focus on defending those. But randoms seem to think "OMG ALL THREE FLAGS MEANS FASTER BLEED" and forget to defend the two flags they have, and promptly get fucked in the ass when two seperate squads go to their flags and the randoms don't bother to go back to the flags and attempt to defend. Then, when they get one flag, they get a smarter enemy team to cap that one flag and proceed to base rape them.

Shitty teams isn't the games fault for "balance." The weapons and vehicles are all balanced. The spawn system is built purposely around having a squadmate stay alive/sneak/stay out of danger so you can fuck the enemy team in the ass.

If you can't understand why it's built like that, then why don't you go back to "AIRSPACE IS TOO CROWDED, PLEASE WAIT A MOMENT BEFORE YOU CAN USE YOUR KILLSTREAK" Ops?

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
Good rounds, PC GAF squad. I had to leave because my game was chugging and skipping between 1 and 40fps.

I keep trying to call out enemy directions, then I realise there's no compass in base BC2.

TheSeks said:
So losing two tickets on attack (medic + whatever he revived) due to being revived by medics that want points instead of attempting to refund the ticket safely is a-okay with you? Thanks for letting me know to not play with you.

I'm fine with people reviving, provided it's safe and I'm not going to be revived facing a wall/certain death. If you're just going to revive me for the points, protip: DON'T.
That's what I call the medic bait. I kill a guy and a few seconds later I see a medic try to revive him so I gun his ass down as well. Two tickets down and hopefully a lesson learned for the medic.

TheSeks

Crakatak187 said:
That's what I call the medic bait. I kill a guy and a few seconds later I see a medic try to revive him so I gun his ass down as well. Two tickets down and hopefully a lesson learned for the medic.

B-B-BUT LOL OMG BEAN BREATH DOESN'T PLAY TO WIN/SRS BUSINESS SO THOSE TWO TICKETS SHOULDN'T MATTER AFTER ALL LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Kyouji said:
Good rounds, PC GAF squad. I had to leave because my game was chugging and skipping between 1 and 40fps.

I keep trying to call out enemy directions, then I realise there's no compass in base BC2.
Yeah it's hard at times. We had to make up names of locations on the PS3 side here. Sniper hill (Arica harbor 1st checkpoint), Sniper hill (Port Valdez 1st checkpoint), Camper house (Port Valdez first checkpoint next to the construction building), and etc.

For direction I usually say Alpha side or Bravo side.

For the medic bait every time I get revived in a firefight I die even if I make it out. The opposing player would just spot me and the team would gang me up, especially in rush on their base. I hate being revived in enemy territory. I would do the same if I saw a medic revive a person and was too late to gun both down. I spot their asses and let them get chased by our team.

Sai-kun

Banned
Totally threw a bunch of C4 on one of the explosive sites.

And then I armed it, blew the C4, at I'm sure it was so close to exploding and our team moving to the next points, but we lost :( Gr

TheSeks

Sai-kun said:
Totally threw a bunch of C4 on one of the explosive sites.

And then I armed it, blew the C4, at I'm sure it was so close to exploding and our team moving to the next points, but we lost :( Gr

You should've threw the C4 on, armed. Got out if possible and waited until someone was close to disarming. Detonate the C4 and killed the disarmers to prevent the charge from going for a bit longer.

Unless that's what you mean you did, in which case their defense ran your tickets out.

Sai-kun

Banned
TheSeks said:
You should've threw the C4 on, armed. Got out if possible and waited until someone was close to disarming. Detonate the C4 and killed the disarmers to prevent the charge from going for a bit longer.

Unless that's what you mean you did, in which case their defense ran your tickets out.

Yeah, our tickets ran out, just a couple seconds after I armed the last thing.

TheSeks

Sai-kun said:
Yeah, our tickets ran out, just a couple seconds after I armed the last thing.

Yeah, that's a tough loss, nothing you can really do except go balls out on defense and try not to die (or kill the enemy with fire in a tank while playing Ride of the Valkyries. Sup AbuC and my driving the tank while everyone was "DON'T FUCKING DIE" mode.)

abuC said:
Which site?

http://bfbcs.com/

TheSeks said:
In rush: If you don't start to attack from outset, you're going to lose. If you're not going to be in a squad, you're going to lose. It's why 90% of people opposing GAF generally lose, because they all spawn sniper thinking "oh, someone else will go ahead" and camp in their spawn. Or they lose and then get camped and then don't spawn or spawn recon and hide in their base to attempt to pad their KDR. Sorry, boys, but we don't play that (steals their tanks and proceeds to nuke their base).

It had nothing to do with attacking from the outset, are team were outnumbered & all of us died eventually & the other team kept pushing closer & closer to are spawn base until there was nothing anyone could do.

TheSeks

It had nothing to do with attacking from the outset, are team were outnumbered & all of us died eventually & the other team kept pushing closer & closer to are spawn base until there was nothing anyone could do.

Oh, yeah. That. It sucks, and it's common right now due the matchmaking servers being shitty. Generally you can run into 12 vs 12 on both Vanilla and Vietnam (Well, until PS3GAF wins 3-5 games in a row causing the enemy team to rage quit because they don't try). But the PS3 and 360 versions of the game are having issues putting people into games, so the games right now are small.

Edit: And I don't mean to jump down your throat. Yeah, spawn rape sucks. But the spawn system isn't built for random spawns except at points. It's recommended to play in squads as the squad system is built for the spawns/spawning into enemy territory to help your team instead of hoofing it from a random predetermined location. Plus the squad system (provided your smart/squad is smart and gets out of the default spawn and has one person play mobile spawn point) is supposed to solve that problem. Unfortunately, most people don't seem to understand that and don't play in squads. I've had/joined games where I litereally will "LOOKING FOR SQUAD" the whole round because the team isn't in a squad. Stupid.

Blizzard

Banned
Well, on PC I think tonight was the first time I've seen aimbotters. It's usually a pretty decent server, but unfortunately no admins were on tonight apparently. The top guy, probably the top two (at least) were hacking. The top guy was XM8 P prototype-sniping people across fields, killing multiple people at once, etc., as far as I could tell. He was like "PB protects us" in chat.

haxihbb.png

TheSeks said:
You crying more.

UMAD.jpg and all that rot. Because you're definitely mad, dude.
Sooooo mad. You have no idea.
So losing two tickets on attack (medic + whatever he revived) due to being revived by medics that want points instead of attempting to refund the ticket safely is a-okay with you?
Why not? It's fun.
Thanks for letting me know to not play with you.
Aww.
Now i'm going to have to keep settling for just imagining your sultry voice in my ear, lambasting people for using magnum ammo. :(
I'm fine with people reviving
How considerate of you.
01laugh.gif

provided it's safe and I'm not going to be revived facing a wall/certain death. If you're just going to revive me for the points, protip: DON'T.
Now That's asking waaaaay too much. Good thing you have no say in the matter :)

Good games tonight 360 GAF!

Hey Faceless, when I ask for an ammo box I mean like sometime this century, thanks.

Sill4, You want to gold star that m40? Do it on your own time. I needed you to go medic and basically just shadow me all game, hide in a bush somewhere and spring out only when I die and the coast is clear and revive me please.

Serpico? I got killed by PBR's like 5 times. That's on you, bro

Also, great job getting the last crate on Vantage Point. I was posing, getting ready for my cameo that never happened.

Am i doing it, right?

Top Bottom