• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Sill4 said:
MOTHER FUCKER!!! YOOOOOUUUUUU MOTHER FUCKER!

I refused to quit.Especially since your clan tag was [420] :lol

Why am I a "Mother fucker"? :0 And I wish the clan tag thing was 4 long. So it could match everything else and be [KUSH]. :D

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
A/B/A/B/B/A/A/A...

Oh lord, that round sucked. We'd get the flags and somehow they'd get over the out of bounds hill and backstab A for me to run my ass back over there and stay there and hope to take them out. Ugh.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
abuC said:
Is Hunting-Beast a GAFer? I see him in our games at times.

Yes... he's on my FL. He plays a lot of Vietnam (lately) from what I can tell. Very good player.

TheSeks said:
A/B/A/B/B/A/A/A...

Oh lord, that round sucked. We'd get the flags and somehow they'd get over the out of bounds hill and backstab A for me to run my ass back over there and stay there and hope to take them out. Ugh.

That White Pass match was a pain. Half of the opposing team was playing hide and seek at 'A'. Good matches though.

TheSeks

Bunch of high level clan members and can't take the anti-air down. Mmmhmm... rolled. :/

That White Pass match was a pain. Half of the opposing team was playing hide and seek at 'A'. Good matches though.

That white pass round was horrible. Olimpia wouldn't start firing on the bradley that was coming up so they'd get a free volley until I started to spot.

Missed spots, laggy shots. Just horrible horrible games for me. Mostly because Olimpia would run off and I'm sitting there like ">:|"

TheSeks

recklessmind said:
Just not my day today... sorry seks.

It ain't your fault. They had warhead on the anti-air and were full clan like GAF rolls sometimes. We couldn't do anything. I'd take the anti-air out and we'd trade two lives for one/anti-air. I was trying to take the anti-air out from above but they had it and were spread out. It didn't help that no one besides me was attempting to get close. they'd just stay in mid-range in the open to where the defense would come over and shoot them. :/

olimpia84

TheSeks said:
Bunch of high level clan members and can't take the anti-air down. Mmmhmm... rolled. :/

That white pass round was horrible. Olimpia wouldn't start firing on the bradley that was coming up so they'd get a free volley until I started to spot.

Missed spots, laggy shots. Just horrible horrible games for me. Mostly because Olimpia would run off and I'm sitting there like ">:|"
You guys are waaay overreacting :lol
Even though they had two clans and a bunch of level 50 dudes we had every single game we played under control. Ownage was so big that I got hate messages during the games. :lol

I did really well, I think I got something like 8 or 9 ace pins in a row. It was really fun mowing down those clans and show them what gaf is made of :D

wow, played so much it seemed like the team got tired of capping bases. i know i sure did. gotta eat anyway. man, i do so much better in Vanilla than Vietnam. too many people camping in Vietnam...

abuC

The Faceless Master said:
wow, played so much it seemed like the team got tired of capping bases. i know i sure did. gotta eat anyway. man, i do so much better in Vanilla than Vietnam. too many people camping in Vietnam...

Same here, Vietnam is just "eh" to me, a good change of pace sometimes but for the most part Im not that big on it.

TheSeks

abuC said:
Same here, Vietnam is just "eh" to me, a good change of pace sometimes but for the most part Im not that big on it.

I wouldn't mind it if it was spot to hit, but then Evolved would bitch about it being like 1943 or whatever.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
TheSeks said:
I wouldn't mind it if it was spot to hit, but then Evolved would bitch about it being like 1943 or whatever.

You mean hit to spot? Like BC1?

I don't think I'd complain about that... I didn't really have a problem with hit to spot.

I wouldn't mind Vietnam if the Huey wasn't made of cardboard, the tanks weren't so floaty, there were 5 more maps, and Vantage Point disappeared from the playlist. Then I might play it.

Yasae

Banned
recklessmind said:
You mean hit to spot? Like BC1?

I don't think I'd complain about that... I didn't really have a problem with hit to spot.

I wouldn't mind Vietnam if the Huey wasn't made of cardboard, the tanks weren't so floaty, there were 5 more maps, and Vantage Point disappeared from the playlist. Then I might play it.
Considering the vanilla game is only $5 more these days... Yep.

Massa

Tried to play just now and the game had me at rank 1 with all my gear gone again. Are they ever going to fix this problem? It's been a month and it's incredibly annoying.

TheSeks

Massa said:
Tried to play just now and the game had me at rank 1 with all my gear gone again. Are they ever going to fix this problem? It's been a month and it's incredibly annoying.

It comes and goes. Apparently their Oracle servers suck and they should just move to postgres.

abuC

betweenthewheels said:
Do majority of you use red dot/4x Scope instead of iron sights? I THINK the red dot helps my aim, but do you think it's worth the trade-off for another spec?

Only time I use red-dot/ACOG is with the M95, outside of that I think it's a waste.

TheSeks

betweenthewheels said:
Do majority of you use red dot/4x Scope instead of iron sights?

*:lol smiley x 20 here*

No, because I'm a big boy and don't need training wheels for my marksmenship.

Only time I use a "scope" is the 12x scope on sniper rifles, but DICE fucked that up with bloom/HDR blinding you in the scope (SMH) to where it's damn useless now.

So I finished the singleplayer today. Actually a lot of fun. I enjoyed it much more than the call of duty campaigns and liked the characters. Love the humor as well. But could always use a little more imo.

Massa said:
The two biggest things that I took from the Michael Kalms post on the BFBC2 stats servers:

1. If your level is shown as being Level 1, then none of your stats from that game are ever going to be recorded.
  2. Stats aren't saved after every round now, but after every 2nd or 3rd round. So if a server crashes, you're going to lose your stats from the last 2 or 3 games.

TheSeks

And also they're running on 2001 server database software in 2011.

TheSeks

Calion82v said:

Well, from an IT friend of mine: Oracle 10 wants like $1million+ in license fees. It's probably why EA doesn't do it.

Calion

TheSeks said:
Well, from an IT friend of mine: Oracle 10 wants like $1million+ in license fees. It's probably why EA doesn't do it.

Your friend is correct. Licensing is a huge financial factor in IT, especially for a large DB name such as Oracle. It's understandable, but somewhat disappointing.

TheSeks

Rorschach said:
How long has the veteran site not worked? I'll never be able to unlock the M1 Garand?

Uh... you sure it isn't working?

badcompany.com/veteran or whatever?

As they moved the old veteran site to the official site.

Rorschach

TheSeks said:
Uh... you sure it isn't working?

badcompany.com/veteran or whatever?

As they moved the old veteran site to the official site.
Yeah, tried the official site's veteran section, but it doesn't work. All my accounts are linked too. I have 6 games and 6 expansions, but the only icon that I have is the one for BC2. I figured it wasn't working because my stats say I'm a private and I've tried the "force refresh button" a million times since I got the game. :p Oh well...

TheSeks

Rorschach said:
Yeah, tried the official site's veteran section, but it doesn't work. All my accounts are linked too. I have 6 games and 6 expansions, but the only icon that I have is the one for BC2. I figured it wasn't working because my stats say I'm a private and I've tried the "force refresh button" a million times since I got the game. :p Oh well...

Make a Battlefield Heroes account (you don't have to play the game) with the EA.com account associated with your BC2 account? That's what I did for the F2000 in BC1.

Edit: Idiots. Idiots everywhere. And not a single lick of help from JTrizzy on defense. :/

Same with randoms on attack and defense in Vietnam. Did people suddenly forget the crates are the OBJECTIVE and you're supposed to ATTACK/DEFEND THEM?

And... Abu leads me to a small game.

I wish LBP2 was working as I'd spend time there instead of here since DICE can't give me full games anymore, it seems. Or they give me total idiots for public people. *sigh*

Rorschach

TheSeks said:
Make a Battlefield Heroes account (you don't have to play the game) with the EA.com account associated with your BC2 account? That's what I did for the F2000 in BC1.
Yeah, I had that already, but I made a new one just to link it and it didn't work either. It's cool. I'll just do without. The community has been pissing me off so much that it's not worth too much effort. Don't know why I keep playing. lol

Thanks for the advice, though!

TheSeks

:lol AND THAT'S WHY YOU DON'T GET IN THE BRADLEY TO FIRE ON YOUR STOLEN BLACKHAWK.

*he gets out, I bail. Hit him in the face. Yoink.*

Cue ragequit.

Rorschach said:
i dunno what's up with the veteran site, i did the same thing for 2 friends (played BC1 on their accounts) and with one it took like a day to show, and other it took weeks.

TheSeks

i dunno what's up with the veteran site, i did the same thing for 2 friends (played BC1 on their accounts) and with one it took like a day to show, and other it took weeks.

That's how it was for BC1 as well. It takes a while.

And that round Abu is like 5 versus 7. Imbalanced. Given they went all engineer to take Razor and myself out after we spedcap a bunch of crates with a tank. *sigh* I do wish Razor would choose to stay or go, a little high and a little low. CRATE ARMING~ *dun dun dun dun* Because we kept getting out and I'm like "OH GOD SOMEONE NEEDS TO STAY THERE SO SOME ENEMY DOESN'T GET IT. :|"

Sill4

I've been using the shotguns recently, and they are super inconsistent. But on the off chance that the pellets form a blob of death and hit your target right in the chest from 30 yards.....it's so worth it. I love sniping with the boomstick.

Game2Death said:
Why am I a "Mother fucker"? :0 And I wish the clan tag thing was 4 long. So it could match everything else and be [KUSH]. :D
I was just joking, bro-heim, since we were having heated battles.....in my spawn.

abuC

bc1 was great, double knife swing for the win!

Ha, it took like 30 swings and jumping around like an idiot to kill someone if they engaged in the knife battle.

abuC

Sill4 said:
I've been using the shotguns recently, and they are super inconsistent. But on the off chance that the pellets form a blob of death and hit your target right in the chest from 30 yards.....it's so worth it. I love sniping with the boomstick.

Shotties are my favorite weapons, the 40mm shotgun attachment is the best of the bunch too, it's usually 1 shot kill where others might need 2:

ps3_abuC.png

ps3_abuC.png

ps3_abuC.png

ps3_abuC.png

"Get down or lay down!"

Close range nothing is a match for them, silly engineers and their SMGs, one slug/buckshot round and they're taking a respawn break.

TheSeks

TEAM I AM PROUD.jpg

*watches everyone stemaroll while throwing missiles thataway and thisaway on the UAV*

"SawkmyEckroll" That's a new one. Never heard "penis" refered to as an eggroll.

And probably why they're moving to MySQL for BF3.

MySQL isn't too much better, I thought?

Seems that friend of mine toots the postgrep horn a lot, not sure how that is. Not an IT person.

meppi

Well, that certainly was...something. :D

Some crazy stuff going on right here.
Sometimes a bit too much for me in fact. Had a couple of rounds where I barely shot anything or anyone because from the moment I laid eyes on someone he'd drop dead. ;)

That rush defense on Cold War was just too funny.
Seeing all those dead bodies sliding down the snowy hill. Dropping every single sniper that dared pop his head over the ridge for a fraction of a second.

Really starting to get the hang of using the tracer gun, even on choppers that are going full speed and are quite a distance away :)

Too bad the first group of opponents rage-quit after the first few games as they were the only ones to put up a fight.
Perhaps it's just me, but after playing for a couple of hours with attack rounds that last 5-6 minutes and defend rounds where the enemy is too traumatized to leave their base, the game starts to drag a bit.
Not much fun when you know before the game even starts how things are going to turn out.

Top Bottom