• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

1stStrike

Banned
Crakatak187 said:
I was wondering about that. I even sent you a message about it hahaha.

Ah, missed that. I let the game idle for like 5 hours or some shit yesterday so wasn't actually playing it.

Also, you can hear the knife sounds - I've heard people getting stabbed before.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
OMG, did I just kill the Hin-D with a 40MM Grenade, Fersis? :lol

Cold War Tree Chopping Service, at your service!

Calion

TheSeks said:
@Cal: :lol They so very mad, man.

GAF clears another server out... AGAIN.

True dat. :lol

Anyways, great games everyone. I can't fly choppers for shit. So when Evolved1, Seks, and I decided to play musical chairs with the Blackhawk, I knew it wasn't going to end well. Sorry about that.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
meppi said:
Yeah, I think so.

I said to my buddy (Mancunian11) that I remembered your name from somewhere, but since most people use different names on PSN, I wasn't sure who Evolved1 was on here. :)

Also sorry for sometimes playing a bit reckless or perhaps irrational.
My skill level goes up and down from game to game for some reason.
But then again, I've only had the game since just before Chirstmas.

You guys were great... I mean a good squad can win a match but it takes a pretty decent team effort to annihilate them like we were. I mean Harvest Day was embarrassing for them. haha.

Everyone needs to be contributing to beat them back into their spawn like that for 75 tickets. I don't think they even got to look at our crates.

Calion82v said:
True dat. :lol

Anyways, great games everyone. I can't fly choppers for shit. So when Evolved1, Seks, and I decided to play musical chairs with the Blackhawk, I knew it wasn't going to end well. Sorry about that.

That was funny. I need just a couple more chopper kills for the platinum so I'm trying to not fly atm.

abuC

Seks killed it as my gunner in the Apache on Oasis, he joined the game late and still finished with about 2000pts.

We didn't die and had the helicopter from start to finish.

TheSeks

abuC said:
Seks killed it as my gunner in the Apache on Oasis, he joined the game late and still finished with about 2000pts.

We didn't die and had the helicopter from start to finish.

I played that game bare (EG: No perks selected) so your fast flying didn't give me too many kills, but I harassed as much as I could.

abuC

TheSeks said:
I played that game bare (EG: No perks selected) so your fast flying didn't give me too many kills, but I harassed as much as I could.

I didn't have smoke selected since I figured those guys wouldn't be able to tag me with a tracer or AT4 me.

TheSeks

*runs up to anti-air wagon with no arms*

AND THAT'S WHY YOU ALWAYS HAVE A DRIVER WHEN THE GUNNER IS EXPOSED.

*yoinks anti-air, clears trees. Enemy attackers SHALL NOT PAAAAAASSSSSSS*

White Pass:

AND THAT'S WHY YOU DON'T LET ME SLIP UPSTAIRS.

*speed cap A*

Meanwhile second set: OH BOY I WOULD LOVE IT IF SOMEONE HELPED ME TAKE A FIRST SINCE B IS <D 2.0> *whistles*

Great games today. Got a lot of kills with no death and aces for once in a while. Today was like a miracle day. The people was constantly filling the server up making it hard for me to try to bring in Abuc and Jtrizzy.

Evolved, Ejas, Trizzy - Sorry for yelling during that last game on atacama defense

I was frustrated since a good while no one was around the objectives.
At one point during second set- B 2 medics, 1 recon and an assault team came flooding in.
I had to take all 4 of them out with the VSS, pistol and knife in like 2 seconds.

Intense, but I hate those moments.

GGs, guys. Sorry if I didn't join your squad(s), initially I wasn't able to accept invites and when I did -- The spot was already taken. I eventually gave up. But still, fun night.

Evolved1

Dreamgazer said:
Evolved, Ejas, Trizzy - Sorry for yelling during that last game on atacama defense

I was frustrated since a good while no one was around the objectives.
At one point during second set- B 2 medics, 1 recon and an assault team came flooding in.
I had to take all 4 of them out with the VSS, pistol and knife in like 2 seconds.

Intense, but I hate those moments.

Server just dropped on the next game... right after I got my air vehicle platinum.

This fucking game dude... omg.

Jas

recklessmind said:
Server just dropped on the next game... right after I got my air vehicle platinum.

This fucking game dude... omg.

It actually just dropped a few people from our team which is even more weird. You and Jtrizzy got dropped, me and rock stayed in the game.

bean breath said:
Depends who's in it. Usually the most 'tactical' chatter is "Guy arming bravo" or "Two guys heading for Alpha." Basically just relaying stuff you see in the killcam after you've died.
When we played yesterday it was just a lot of swearing and complaining.

There's a guy named Hostile, I think you've played with him. He launches into rants every, and I mean EVERY, time he dies. Most people in the party hate it, some mute him. I think it's hilarious and I love playing when he's online.

So, it's mostly just B.S. but I think it's a lot more fun when you're playing in the party and there's definitely a competitive advantage. The thing that sucks is there's only 8 slots and I feel like a guest in their games since they're the majority, so I don't send invites that often. Although it seems like they go by a 'first-come, first-served' system so who knows.
Hostile is awesome!

and hey, knowing someone is about to arm saves a crucial few seconds sometimes! knowing enemy positions and movements are even better!

Evolved1

Jas said:
It actually just dropped a few people from our team which is even more weird. You and Jtrizzy got dropped, me and rock stayed in the game.

That's good news... maybe my stats didn't get wiped.

I actually couldn't even connect to EA servers after that. I assumed the worst. Fun games btw.

The Faceless Master said:
Hostile is awesome!

and hey, knowing someone is about to arm saves a crucial few seconds sometimes! knowing enemy positions and movements are even better!

Plus you can have the party cheer you up after you let them know that the guy on the UAV aborted it after killing you, just so he can tea bag in front of the control console.

meppi

recklessmind said:
You guys were great... I mean a good squad can win a match but it takes a pretty decent team effort to annihilate them like we were. I mean Harvest Day was embarrassing for them. haha.

Everyone needs to be contributing to beat them back into their spawn like that for 75 tickets. I don't think they even got to look at our crates.

Hehe, thanks. :)

That round sure was fun.
Got lots of tank kills/assists.
The last part was hectic, when a quad drove all the way up to our base across the river on the right side.
I was literally out of ammo since no one was dropping any. Took the first one out with my last 3 revolver bullets, went to pick up his gear, started shooting at the second one at which point a squad mate popped out of his ass.
I got killed, but my own squad mate took revenge. :D

I noticed that at certain points during the night, I didn't even care about arming mcom's when I knew others were nearby and were going to arm them anyway.
Just started playing a support role instead.

On the other hand, I love to create a bit of chaos in the enemy camp by driving a quad right past them so they all come running after me, which gives the others an easier time to keep pushing forward since they'll face less resistance for a little bit. :)

I really love screwing around with enemy tanks though.
Never placing mines in the same spot so that the enemy just doesn't want to advance anymore due to a couple of mishaps.
Then when they stay in the back taking potshots, I love to light them up with tracers.

What I need to experiment with though is the smoke grenades.
I watched several vids this past week of people using smoke with incredible results, especially when attacking.
But I'm wondering how effective smoke might be on say, Isla Inocentes for annoying wookies on the hills when we're on defense...

bean breath said:
Plus you can have the party cheer you up after you let them know that the guy on the UAV aborted it after killing you, just so he can tea bag in front of the control console.
i still can't believe that happened! i mean, i know i was doing well parked up there and shelling them, but damn, he must have been pretty upset at the tank to get off the UAV and teabag just because he blew me up.

Evolved1

meppi said:
Hehe, thanks. :)

That round sure was fun.
Got lots of tank kills/assists.
The last part was hectic, when a quad drove all the way up to our base across the river on the right side.
I was literally out of ammo since no one was dropping any. Took the first one out with my last 3 revolver bullets, went to pick up his gear, started shooting at the second one at which point a squad mate popped out of his ass.
I got killed, but my own squad mate took revenge. :D

I noticed that at certain points during the night, I didn't even care about arming mcom's when I knew others were nearby and were going to arm them anyway.
Just started playing a support role instead.

It's underappreciated and usually goes unnoticed... that's what wins games though. If I'm there I'll arm but if someone is about to arm I'll go into complete team mode: block the guy arming with my body, defend crate at all costs type of thing. Same for another guy disarming. Instead of trying to start disarming after someone else is already doing it, I try to protect them any way possible. Most often that means being human shield and absorbing bullets or a rocket or something.

meppi said:
On the other hand, I love to create a bit of chaos in the enemy camp by driving a quad right past them so they all come running after me, which gives the others an easier time to keep pushing forward since they'll face less resistance for a little bit. :)

Yeah... distractions can be really effective if your team is aggressive. The double arm is probably the best play in the book. Splits defenders attention, gets them on their heels right away, and usually gets you a crate or two.

I like when a defense puts up some resistance... we get down to 50 tickets or so and I go into attack mode. "I'm arming that crate and no one is stopping me". It's funny how often it works. I just charge the crate across a hectic battlefield and get the arm + defend.

gdAia.jpg

feels good man

meppi said:
I really love screwing around with enemy tanks though.
Never placing mines in the same spot so that the enemy just doesn't want to advance anymore due to a couple of mishaps.
Then when they stay in the back taking potshots, I love to light them up with tracers.

Faceless talked me into using mines... you can be real creative with them. I generally have a set strategy on "mine" maps that I rarely deviate from though.

meppi said:
What I need to experiment with though is the smoke grenades.
I watched several vids this past week of people using smoke with incredible results, especially when attacking.
But I'm wondering how effective smoke might be on say, Isla Inocentes for annoying wookies on the hills when we're on defense...

If you run smoke I highly recommend the extra grenade specialization. Means less time sitting on your ammo box and more shots of the 40mm. I tried getting into smoke for infantry classes... but results were mixed. Sometimes the smoke refuses to linger more than 2 or three seconds, making it pointless... and it's hard not to roll with 40mm shotgun since it's so powerful.

Smoke on vehicles though... always. If I'm piloting it's always smoke perk, but I go warhead when gunning.

meppi

Ah, good to know.
I always put on the smoke perk for vehicles, but I'm not a great driver except for with a quad or a jetski. But if both of us have it on, it's rather pointless.
So which would be the second best vehicle perk that you'd recommend?
I'd be picking that one then.

The thing I love most about this game is that it's centered around actual teamplay and is objective based.
That's also what attracted me to KZ2 so much. But since that community completely went to shit in the past 6 months or so and the new one doesn't do anything to fix the problems, it actually makes them worse, I wanted to get into a new tactical, team based shooter.
Had no idea that it would be so easy to slip right into the play style of BC2.

Still have a lot to learn and probably a lot of nuances yet to discover, but I certainly don't mind putting in the time to learn them.
One thing I love is how the good/bad game ratio is on the high side, even on a bad day.
Most of the time you only have to join 2 or 3 games to find a good group.
And with more gaffers on my friedlist it's even easier to get a fun game going. :)

What draws me to a game like this is how you can strategize and create counter strategies to outsmart the other players and not just have to rely on twitch reflexes alone.

Some of my most loved moments is when you get this feeling that something not quite right, and you suspect that the enemy is going to do certain things or come via a certain route even though there's nothing that points in that direction.
Yet when you follow in on that hunch, there they are and they certainly weren't suspecting you to anticipate them suddenly doing what they are doing.

Also been starting to jump through windows a lot more instead of using doors, especially when it's obvious someone is in that house.
It usually startles the shit out of them. :D

Evolved1

meppi said:
Ah, good to know.
I always put on the smoke perk for vehicles, but I'm not a great driver except for with a quad or a jetski. But if both of us have it on, it's rather pointless.
So which would be the second best vehicle perk that you'd recommend?
I'd be picking that one then.

Warhead makes you very effective gunner... reload too... armor and v-elect aren't bad but I don't use them.

For me it's either smoke or warhead. Smoke is useless if you aren't piloting (tank/heli), so I'd avoid it.

TheSeks

recklessmind said:
Warhead makes you very effective gunner... reload too... armor and v-elect aren't bad but I don't use them.

For me it's either smoke or warhead. Smoke is useless if you aren't piloting (tank/heli), so I'd avoid it.

warhead's the most useful.
reload second, esp. in the bradley and the pilot has warhead. Tank destroying tanks in seconds.

Armor stacks, as does warhead (IIRC) and reload. So having it on two people will generally make the vehicle hard to kill. I haven't tested it enough to know if the perk stacks, but it does with other perks AFAIK.

V ALT is useful for the new weapons, and it's good in the attack chopper gunner position as it gives tracers to the gunner if they hit the "box" that shows the vehicles. Good for engineers on the map.

I haven't found a use for ELECT as it just makes the radar sort-of wider but doesn't show anyone around me for miles until they knife me in the back. *mumble grumble*

So last night me (Game2Death) and my friend (CORNCOBCRONIC) were playing and got put into a game only against you guys. Everyone quit though except for "Silla" or something similar. Was going to quit after awhile but finally more people started to join. :)

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I never thought that player count could be so crucial for the game. 32 players are in and it plays like an average chaotic shooter. 24 players are in and it plays like Battlefield game (in vanilla and Vietnam both). I have no nostalgia for BFBC1 anymore.

But if the game is balanced for consoles it's balanced for consoles.

abuC

subversus said:
I never thought that player count could be so crucial for the game. 32 players are in and it plays like an average chaotic shooter. .

I was wondering about that for PC, the maps really seem a little too small to have 32 players on them. Heavy Metal is the only map where I think 32 players is needed, outside of that none of them are really built for that, White Pass on PC must be a bitch. I could only imagine how difficult it would be for the opposing team to arm if there were 16 GAFers on one side as opposed to 10-12.

Evolved1

Just a quick apology to those who had to listen to my little mic meltdown...

I just could not believe what I was witnessing. Seemed like every time I made a move my teammates (not gaf) sabotaged it... or did something incredibly retarded. Then I got so frustrated I started to do things that were retarded. haha...

Then the game froze. Then it wiped my stats. oh man... insult to injury.

olimpia84

Played a bunch of conquest rounds with random people and they were playing surprisingly well as a team (like gaf!). The best part is that even though we dominated every game there were very few rage quits on the other team so it was 12 vs 12 throughout!

abuC said:
I was wondering about that for PC, the maps really seem a little too small to have 32 players on them. Heavy Metal is the only map where I think 32 players is needed, outside of that none of them are really built for that, White Pass on PC must be a bitch. I could only imagine how difficult it would be for the opposing team to arm if there were 16 GAFers on one side as opposed to 10-12.
i can't imagine Vietnam... at least in Vanilla, you have smoke launchers!

Nabs

abuC said:

I haven't had a problem with 32 on each side, but if you like:

bfbc2game2011-01-2215-olx6.jpg

you can just pick a server with 20-24 slots. i might have to try that sometime. hmmm.

i can't imagine Vietnam... at least in Vanilla, you have smoke launchers!

that one level with the early choke point is where i rage. so bad. vietnam might benefit from a lesser player count.

Sill4

Game2Death said:
So last night me (Game2Death) and my friend (CORNCOBCRONIC) were playing and got put into a game only against you guys. Everyone quit though except for "Silla" or something similar. Was going to quit after awhile but finally more people started to join. :)
MOTHER FUCKER!!! YOOOOOUUUUUU MOTHER FUCKER!

I refused to quit.Especially since your clan tag was [420] :lol

Back when I pc gamed I played nothing but huge servers. Must really explain my obsession with survival. 32-40 player count rooms and I love being the last one alive in cs. It gives me an adrenaline rush.

meppi

I just don't understand randoms at times.

Playing rush on Atacama Desert, we are on defend as I notice an enemy sitting behind a crate in a house with the wall blown away.
I think he's arming it and start to shoot at him as I'm to slow with my spot reaction.
He gets me first so it switches to the kill cam.
I see that there's 2 squad mates in the tiny room behind him who are crouched in the corner.

Not one of them even tried to arm the m-com for whatever reason, instead they are just sitting there, waiting for anyone to pass by so they can get some kills. :-/
Shot an RPG into them killing one and blowing another wall out which got the attention of the rest of the team which goes in for the kill.

Then we had Isla Inocentes where there ware 5 or 6 wookies that never even crossed the river.
Oh well. Was able to shoot down 4 choppers and trace a couple more. :D

Isla is wookie capital of BFBC2. Nelson Bay is number 2 when Gaf does the tree tactic.
Competent team to a degree get raped by the tree tactic and start sniping in an open field hahahaha

TheSeks

That's why you don't play with randoms, and roll over them with GAF man.

Isla is wookie capital of BFBC2. Nelson Bay is number 2 when Gaf does the tree tactic.

Nelson's that only if they make it past the first set. And even then they have to get past the desert of the real (deaths) to the first set if you and I start clearing trees quickly.

You need to lay some ammo packs for me at times, man. I sit there near your ass waiting for ammo to refill my C4 and you're just gunning away. :(

i hate when i sneak into an enemy base, hide and wait for my squad to squad spawn, and they spawn and i wait... and nobody arms the crate. so i go to arm the crate, and instead of one person staying back and covering us from the safe spot, they all follow me making us one big target.

TheSeks

i hate when i sneak into an enemy base, hide and wait for my squad to squad spawn, and they spawn and i wait... and nobody arms the crate. so i go to arm the crate, and instead of one person staying back and covering us from the safe spot, they all follow me making us one big target.

What's worse is they spawn at base and you go to arm and they never come to defend the crate. So infuriating.

Evolved1

So thanks to that sever drop yesterday I lost my air vehicle platinum (25 kills I need to redo)... M95 gold star (23 kills)... and about 4-5 ace pins.

And all day today I'm playing with no weapons/unlocks. :/

It's infuriating.

TheSeks

recklessmind said:
It's infuriating.

No, what's infuriating is that Olimpia won't land so I can gun and then him and Stroganov won't help me take the middle flag... you know... THE IMPORTANT ONE?

:| >:| :mad:

TheSeks

It would be so nice if someone near my tank would explore the buildings I'm attempting to <D 2.0> so people don't flipping hide in them and take said tank out. *mumble grumble*

Top Bottom