• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

abuC

Calion82v said:
Damn. Very nice. o_o

Thanks, it's funny cause I used to prefer the M1A2 in BC1 more than the T90, yet in BC2 I love the T90 more.

TheSeks said:
I can't lead or tank snipe worth a damn. :/

OMG JTAG'ed SERVER.

...Wait, wut?

Just practice, aim at some stationary object in the distance and keep correcting till you can hit it. Once you do, move and try to do it again.

Yasae

Banned
Sill4 said:
I've been using the shotguns recently, and they are super inconsistent. But on the off chance that the pellets form a blob of death and hit your target right in the chest from 30 yards.....it's so worth it. I love sniping with the boomstick.
I've been killed at full health by a SPAS in one shot from 30 yards. Haven't seen it since, though...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yasae said:
I've been killed at full health by a SPAS in one shot from 30 yards. Haven't seen it since, though...

12 gauge slugs can do that easily with Magnum Ammo. But sometimes it takes two pumps with the SPAS at distance with 12 gauge.

I'm more pissed about getting hit markets at mid-close range with the SPAS and getting killed by the person noticing as I'm pumping/readying another round. Stupid. :/

Man I hate that Arica Harbor game today. Half our team was useless in both games. None of them at all pushed up. It was just me, Evolve, Dan, Ejas, and Fersis facing against the whole entire team. 5 vs 10/12 pretty much.

At one point there were 4 wookies on the mountain at the 2nd checkpoint doing nothing and we were attacking. It really was a SMH moment and I haven't had that in a while.

epic win on Vantage point today! we got A right away, but we couldn't get B and were down to exactly 6 tickets when we pushed and armed. then we held it down and dropped all the way to 2 tickets before the crate finally blew up! then we plowed our way thru the next 2 sets easily. the rest of the games were a lot easier... so many rage quits tonight!

abuC

Anyone else listen to music when they play? I actually have a mic, but most of the time I either have headphones on, or Im listening to music.

abuC said:
Anyone else listen to music when they play? I actually have a mic, but most of the time I either have headphones on, or Im listening to music.
on 360 i use custom soundtrack support sometimes, but i still have the game audio on. so much important stuff to hear like enemy response to grenades, enemy motion sensor pings, c4 being planted, footsteps, etc.

abuC

The Faceless Master said:
on 360 i use custom soundtrack support sometimes, but i still have the game audio on. so much important stuff to hear like enemy response to grenades, enemy motion sensor pings, c4 being planted, footsteps, etc.

I really wish PS3 had custom soundtrack in more than just the menu, even better I wish I could play my own music in vehicles. Sound is important in the game, but if Im in a tank or helicopter I don't need to hear much.

olimpia84

I decided to go against the GAF machine with some randoms yesterday for a bit, I promise I wont' do this again guys xD

After that I went into Conquest and had some good games with randoms as well.

epic win on Vantage point today! we got A right away, but we couldn't get B and were down to exactly 6 tickets when we pushed and armed. then we held it down and dropped all the way to 2 tickets before the crate finally blew up! then we plowed our way thru the next 2 sets easily. the rest of the games were a lot easier... so many rage quits tonight!
That was an insane match. The first time our group of regulars got pinned down in the spawn of vantage point. The worst part is I just got a new wireless headset yesterday so I was outside the party chat screaming into this headset at you guys, who couldn't hear me anyways. Then, right when I thought all was lost, I was in that last push of attackers and got killed, we managed to blow that crate. After that the momentum swung right back to us and we couldn't be stopped. That was a even teams match until after that first set of crates, then the other team started dropping like flies.

olimpia84 said:
I decided to go against the GAF machine with some randoms yesterday for a bit, I promise I wont' do this again guys xD

I did this once or twice, but only for the et tu brute? trophy. I think it was you (though I dont think you're on my friends list so it didnt count), abuC, Bankoiia, meppi and somebody else twice all right after each other, it was awesome.

I haven't strayed since then though =x

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
abuC said:
I really wish PS3 had custom soundtrack in more than just the menu, even better I wish I could play my own music in vehicles. Sound is important in the game, but if Im in a tank or helicopter I don't need to hear much.
Other than the plink plink of C4.

Mikasangelos said:
Finally i got the hang of flying helicopters in this game. Thanks to switching to BC1 controls. SO MUCH FUN.
I still get in one and fly it straight into the ground. :p

Yasae said:
*eeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrooooooommmmmmmmmmmmm* BOOM
Pretty much. When I first played 1943 I thought the controls where inverted in the plane. So naturally I pushed down, but I blew up before I even made it off the aircraft carrier. :)

olimpia84 said:

Even with you with us we would have lost. That team was pure shit.

recklessmind said:
Oasis conquest is boring...
Oasis Conquest is AWESOME! it's usually action packed with so much close combat and some occasional Tank Rape! plus sprinkles of AT Mines for the vehicles that some people like to speed around in...

TheSeks

Hey, enemy team. Why don't you meet my knife somewhere? Oh, what's that? I got five you assholes in the back? Yeah, that's how it goes when I finally get your asses spawn trapped.

Fuck you and fuck your shitty building crawling asses in Oasis. Arica Harbor Conquest is MY TOWN. *hits chest*

5 knives

28 kills
6 deaths
4.67 KDR

They were so scared they couldn't get down the hill once I got a bead on them, sniped someone with the AN-94 from all the way across the map on A when they were trying to cap C. Ruthless.

Oasis Conquest is AWESOME! it's usually action packed with so much close combat and some occasional Tank Rape! plus sprinkles of AT Mines for the vehicles that some people like to speed around in...

No. Oasis Conquest is too dark with the buildings. Rush isn't much better with the shitty anti-air. I like it in BC1, even if the shitty anti-air there is still shitty, but BC2's versions are pretty bad, man.

I agree, I much prefer it in Conquest as opposed to Rush: lot's of nice CQB stuff :)

Changing topic slightly, has anyone had any stats issues pop-up since the stat server maintenance?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Servers down?
Cant find games. PS3 here.

Operation Hastings Conquest > Everything.

abuC

Just played against the absolute worst clan I have ever seen, I joined JJD_ITBA and Rockscar on Isla and the other team had about 30 tickets left. It took about 20 minutes for the game to end because they were sniping. The entire attacking team was sniping, I mean literally everyone on their team was a sniper except for one guy who kept trying to fly the helicopter in and C4 the crate.

Then, we played a game on Oasis and steamrolled them when we attacked, tickets never dropped below 45 and guess what these guys were doing? They were trying to hang out in our spawn after we destroyed the crate. So, they attack and the first set takes about 35 minutes because they're tank sniping the crate, they never moved too far away from their spawn. They destroyed both crates and ejas joined our game, it took about another 15-20 minutes to win, they never could make it down the hill on the second set because there were no good spots to sit and snipe from.

I just looked at their best players stats, and he has a 0.65 W/L ratio, I can see why. The name of the clan was "Gdc", I actually sent the guy a message asking him if all of their games when attacking take 45 minutes just to lose.

TheSeks

Fersis said:
Servers down?
Cant find games. PS3 here.

No? I was just playing.

Sounds like it's time for DICE to cry for you, Argentina.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
TheSeks said:
No? I was just playing.

Sounds like it's time for DICE to cry for you, Argentina.

Are you still mad for the chopper crash? I already said sorry dood!
;)

ill try later then.

Edit: I promise i wont touch a heli again.

abuC

Fersis said:
Are you still mad for the chopper crash? I already said sorry dood!
;)

ill try later then.

Edit: I promise i wont touch a heli again.

Nah man, keep practicing, the more GAF pilots the better.

meppi

TheSeks said:
Hey, enemy team. Why don't you meet my knife somewhere? Oh, what's that? I got five you assholes in the back? Yeah, that's how it goes when I finally get your asses spawn trapped.

Fuck you and fuck your shitty building crawling asses in Oasis. Arica Harbor Conquest is MY TOWN. *hits chest*

5 knives

28 kills
6 deaths
4.67 KDR

They were so scared they couldn't get down the hill once I got a bead on them, sniped someone with the AN-94 from all the way across the map on A when they were trying to cap C. Ruthless.

No. Oasis Conquest is too dark with the buildings. Rush isn't much better with the shitty anti-air. I like it in BC1, even if the shitty anti-air there is still shitty, but BC2's versions are pretty bad, man.

Haha, I decided to catch up on some sniping 101 since they didn't want to go past their first building.
Noticed dozens of them inside in groups of 3-4 and started spotting like mad, requesting airstrikes to scatter them and before I knew it, they stayed up in their base and behind the rocks on top of the ridge.

Kept spotting everything I could and noticed one guy popping his head from behind a rock, take a potshot and hide, rinse and repeat.
Spotted him and was about to send a mortar strike up his ass when I suddenly see you sprinting like mad up the hill, run behind the rock and cut him a new one as his spot mark disappeared. :)

Oh, and if I don't respond to PMs very quickly, that's because I have notifications turned off since it drives me mad to see the same person go on and offline 6 times in 30 seconds. >_>

abuC

The randoms on our team were beyond horrible, I can't even stress how bad they were. We armed the crate about 7 times on Laguna, and every single time our teammates were spread out over the map, and one time instead of arming the crate one of these morons decides to try and C4 the crate...he suicides.

On defense, I threw a sensor out and watched as two teammates ran away from the guy who was on the radar to take up sniping spots.

Ok, I am lost. Can someone explain to me how my team loses if we are defending and the bases are not blown up and they ran out of lives..?

Game2Death said:
Ok, I am lost. Can someone explain to me how my team loses if we are defending and the bases are not blown up and they ran out of lives..?
The "Your Team Won" and "Your Team Lost" messages are completely random and have no correlation with whether you actually won or lost. Often people on the same team will get different messages :)

The only way to know for sure is to check whether you got a "Conquest Round Winner" or "Rush Round Winner" pin at the stats screen after the match. It's a ridiculous bug but it's too funny to get mad about :)

endlessflood said:
The "Your Team Won" and "Your Team Lost" messages are completely random and have no correlation with whether you actually won or lost. Often people on the same team will get different messages :)

The only way to know for sure is to check whether you got a "Conquest Round Winner" or "Rush Round Winner" pin at the stats screen after the match. It's a ridiculous bug but it's too funny to get mad about :)
Ok, because me and my friend the other day had 2 xbox's set up right next to each other. We were both playing the same game, different teams. We both lost. I was so confused. :lol

abuC said:
The randoms on our team were beyond horrible, I can't even stress how bad they were. We armed the crate about 7 times on Laguna, and every single time our teammates were spread out over the map, and one time instead of arming the crate one of these morons decides to try and C4 the crate...he suicides.

On defense, I threw a sensor out and watched as two teammates ran away from the guy who was on the radar to take up sniping spots.
Yup most of them were hiding when it was armed instead of trying to help.

I had almost the same exact team yesterday with Dan.

TheSeks

Crakatak187 said:
Yup most of them were hiding when it was armed instead of trying to help.

I had almost the same exact team yesterday with Dan.

Sounds like most of GAF needs to get back in a round and roll people.

Too bad I'm playing with a 14 16 year old in LBP2 to get the prize bubbles in the levels before I start to ace the story levels for 100%. >_<

This kid is the one that helped me with 100% in LBP1. So yeah... he's useful for the prize bubbles (reminds me: I still got story acing to do along with 100% prize bubbles in LBP1 again. *siiigh*).

That along with a SuperGT Practice session today or Friday before I have a 1 hour race on Saturday with Mush and the others means I'm kinda busy and will probably only play BC2 an hour or so for a few rounds if that for the next few days.

Meppi said:
Kept spotting everything I could and noticed one guy popping his head from behind a rock, take a potshot and hide, rinse and repeat.
Spotted him and was about to send a mortar strike up his ass when I suddenly see you sprinting like mad up the hill, run behind the rock and cut him a new one as his spot mark disappeared. :)

Did you get the spot assist?

I attempted to knife like mad, had one person, WHOOSH *air* lag missed and got shot by their teammate suddenly noticing me. Pissed me off as I could've had three of them in a row. :| At least I'm finally Knife Gold Star 9, which means only another 100 or so before I can platinum the knife and forget the damn thing exists. :/

And yeah, I went up the hill because they started to come up and over that route (it's another way and can also be done in Rush by requires a finesse). I was like "OH NO YOU DON'T. *gun gun, knife knife, gun gun* to where they were too scared to attempt that lest they eat some lead from my BFF AN-94.

They kept attempting to take A before that point and hid at the back/near our spawn and I'm like "Yeah, that's sooo effective. *AN-94 two of them, retake flag, rush back to C*"

You and the other GAF dude need to do some defending the flags. It's a problem with you two (and Kennylove69 96 or whatever) rushing to the enemies home flag after we take two, along with the rest of the team and I'm like "NO! THEY CAN TAKE THE MIDDLE/OUR FLAG IF THEY SNEAK BY ME!" It's good to push for the three flags to spawn trap them, but at the same time we need to wait a second or two and make sure they aren't going to attempt to push because we have the majority (2-3 flags) on the map. If we're majority, we just need to hold the middle/two-important (if 4 flag) flags in Conquest and just wait for the bleed. They have to push, which means they have to come to our bases, not the other way around. It's only if they're not pushing or complete morons that it's suddenly okay for everyone and their mom to go to the enemy base, cap it, and spawn trap them.

(Or: Be quick with the caps, but that requires knowing that you guys split up, make sure there is no opposition/enemies near their own bases and speed cap the flags in three seconds. But that might be too advanced/steamrolling for your taste)

Never thought I'd see the day that Faceless would have to resort to glitching but lo and behold, he whips out a 24-shot pump shotgun on Laguna Presa defense. I didn't sign up for this shit, man. I only play with honorable, skilled players that are all about creative tactics and quality revives.

You should be ashamed of yourself, Faceless. You're not fit to wear the [GAF] clan badge.

bean breath said:
Never thought I'd see the day that Faceless would have to resort to glitching but lo and behold, he whips out a 24-shot pump shotgun on Laguna Presa defense.
That's one of those glitches I'd have no qualms about using, if only I knew how to induce it :)
I vaguely remember it has something to do with kit swapping...

Same goes for switching weapons to cancel reload animations once the bullets have been added to the counter, I use that one all the time.

endlessflood said:
That's one of those glitches I'd have no qualms about using, if only I knew how to induce it :)
I vaguely remember it has something to do with kit swapping...

I realize that this is sometimes the case, however in the event of accidentally stumbling onto this glitch, the proper etiquette within our group (which takes this game extremely serious) is to immediately toss out a grenade and crouch over it.

We shouldn't of even had to ask him to do this, we even provided him with ammo crates but he still refused.

bean breath said:
Never thought I'd see the day that Faceless would have to resort to glitching but lo and behold, he whips out a 24-shot pump shotgun on Laguna Presa defense. I didn't sign up for this shit, man. I only play with honorable, skilled players that are all about creative tactics and quality revives.

You should be ashamed of yourself, Faceless. You're not fit to wear the [GAF] clan badge.
i wish i knew exactly how to do it! that bug amazes me every time it's ever happened to me... blame DICE!

seriously, if i knew how, i'd do it all the time. in fact, this reminds me about a thread on the EAUK forums where people said reload cancelling was unfair.

Bean you don't know Faceless well do you. Faceless was our black ops guy when he played with us. Faceless will do exploits, find map shortcuts and exploit them, and more.

He even taught PS3 gaf to steal the chopper on Atacama first checkpoint when defending. I have not seen anybody of PS3 gaf as ingenious as Faceless, Abuc comes close though.

i wish i knew exactly how to do it! that bug amazes me every time it's ever happened to me... blame DICE!

seriously, if i knew how, i'd do it all the time. in fact, this reminds me about a thread on the EAUK forums where people said reload cancelling was unfair.

HAHAHAHAHA!

Yeah, that coupled with an automatic shotgun would be awesome!

The closest i've gotten is once, as an assault, somehow changing to an assault rifle but still having c4 equiped.

Crakatak187 said:
Bean you don't know Faceless well do you. Faceless was our black ops guy when he played with us. Faceless will do exploits, find map shortcuts and exploit them, and more.

He even taught PS3 gaf to steal the chopper on Atacama first checkpoint when defending. I have not seen anybody of PS3 gaf as ingenious as Faceless, Abuc comes close though.

Yeah, that was a joke post on my part. He was excited when it happened in-game, so I knew he was going to post about it and I thought I'd beat him to the punch.

Come on, guys.
"quality revives"?
'We take this game seriously'?
'fall on your grenade'?
I thought this would have tipped everyone off.

I've recently witnessed Faceless' Atacama chopper jacking first-hand and put my own spin on it.

"The Mario Kart double-dash technique"
Step 1: Equip landmines and sit in the back of Faceless' ATV or Cobra.
Step 2: When you cross the out-of-bounds line, toss out your mines.
Step 3: Watch the points rack up as the enemy runs over mines in the last place they'd ever think to find them.

Last game of the day sucked after Abu left.
JJD- I wish you could stop being so knife/assault obsessed. Yeah - triple knife in 10 seconds is cool and all, but I really rather have someone to keep my company

Honestly, one of the things that I dread most these days is getting the highest score/ace in rush defense games. People know my playstyle is to stay in base, throw at-mines and motion sensors most of the time. In any proper defending game, where the enemies wouldn't even be close, I SHOULD NOT BE GETTING THE ACE PIN

If I'm getting the highest score that usually means:
1)The enemy is in base and I'm in this chaotic, "where the fuck is everyone- why am I killing 5 people all by myself" mode.
2)Something is seriously wrong with the team.
So get back in base.

Also same old tips:If no one is using the chopper, place a C4 on it or at-mine on it.

bean breath said:
"The Mario Kart double-dash technique"
Step 1: Equip landmines and sit in the back of Faceless' ATV or Cobra.
Step 2: When you cross the out-of-bounds line, toss out your mines.
Step 3: Watch the points rack up as the enemy runs over mines in the last place they'd ever think to find them.
Nice idea hahaha

yep, suicide works. just gotta pick the SG UPGR Spec 2, suicide, pick a different Spec 2 (MAGNUM! HAHA!), then pick up your old Shotgun off the ground when you respawn and start reloading.

works with all the pump-action shotguns. you can also create a beastly 28 shot slug shotgun if you pick slugs for your first loadout and extended ammo the second time.

no, it doesn't work for the Saiga/USAS, sorry!

yep, suicide works. just gotta pick the SG UPGR Spec 2, suicide, pick a different Spec 2 (MAGNUM! HAHA!), then pick up your old Shotgun off the ground when you respawn and start reloading.

works with all the pump-action shotguns. you can also create a beastly 28 shot slug shotgun if you pick slugs for your first loadout and extended ammo the second time.

May the lord have mercy on our soul.

TheSeks

WHY.jpg

Why are you posting this in a public forum. Now I'm going to have to contend with even more shotguns, aren't I?

Top Bottom