• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

betweenthewheels said:
How do you unlock SPECTACT weapons? Is it purely DLC now? Is there any benefit to the camo?
yep, it's purely DLC. some people have had success by contacting EA Support with sob stories about bottle caps though. the russian medic green beret probably comes in handy and so does the recon green ghillie on jungle maps.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Crakatak187 said:
Automatic shotgun needs a serious fucking nerf.

Inorite?

But we're both SRS BSNS so who cares what we think, AMIRITE?

It's not about realism it's about balance. Everybody and their momma runs around with automatic shotguns spamming it because they know it's overpowered. Hell I been getting killed fast from mid range in less then 1 second from one.

It's practically a mid range assault rifle and upclose pump shotgun in one. Yes I have been killed by 1 shot upclose and it was not a headshot.

It's the new M60 in terms of popularity and how overpowered it is (except long range).

automatic shotguns are weak, i can kill a squad of 4 with 3-4 shots of a pump shotgun, that would never happen with auto.

and yeah crak, you can get 1 shotted to the body with an auto if they have magnum ammo, if all 6 particles hit at close range.

Pete Rock said:
ggs last night, rolled in a server with a squad of buddies who are kinda new, ten minutes later I see faceless & eightquid tearing it up and I think we steamrolled for about 3 hours before I had to hang it up.

Cheerful?
Yeah, good games.

There's definitely an adjustment period coming back from Vietnam into Vanilla (Vehicles, mounted heavy MG/rockets, UAVs, scopes, sensors). Took me awhile to get back into the swing of things, still can't fly for shit though, so I didn't even bother.

I think I prefer Vanilla over Vietnam but more than anything I like playing with that regular group and they're still crazy for Viet (To the point where someone was playing Vietnamese sound bytes over the party chat, lol). I can count on one hand the amount of times I've played Cold War, I'd like to play it more but it seems like anytime our team faces any adversity it's always:
"Can we fucking play Vietnam now!?"
Ironic, that we complain about the same thing, people quitting when we dominate. But oh well, you gotta find fun in other ways too, like boneheaded revives!

My new favorite was on Phu Bai rush second set. These usually work best when the crate is armed so the enemy has it's hands full. It was on bravo towards the back on that sloping hill, my squadmate died at the bottom, I was at the top by the crate. I rushed over as soon as he died and saw three dudes between me and the body, heading up the hill. Conventional wisdom from The Sek's Battlefield Playbook™ would have me open up on them with my MG and die in a glorious, honorable hail of bullets, defending the crate. But I said "Fuck that noise!" and leaped over all three of them. Pulled out the needle in mid-air, crouched, and stuck it in that ass!
I get shot in the back and die, and by the time I see the kill cam my squadmate's taken them all out and and is up the hill where I see the mcom blow up.

Beautiful!

betweenthewheels said:
How do you unlock SPECTACT weapons? Is it purely DLC now? Is there any benefit to the camo?
you can still unlock it through dr. pepper, but you need codes off the bottle caps, i use all the camo's but the sniper, it makes you more visible because its brighter then the environment that you are in

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
automatic shotguns are weak, i can kill a squad of 4 with 3-4 shots of a pump shotgun, that would never happen with auto.

and yeah crak, you can get 1 shotted to the body with an auto if they have magnum ammo, if all 6 particles hit at close range.

The shotgun buff is questionable in the first place as anyone carrying 12 gauge slugs can snipe you across the map with it + Magnum Ammo. Why the hell did the shotguns need a buff in the first place?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Awesome games with Crakatak,Danthaman,Olimpia and some others.

I even had a couple of 'battlefield moments' ^__^

TheSeks said:
The shotgun buff is questionable in the first place as anyone carrying 12 gauge slugs can snipe you across the map with it + Magnum Ammo. Why the hell did the shotguns need a buff in the first place?
Definitely this. I questioned that myself.

TheSeks

Oh yeah, DICE. Because I want to play a 5-6 versus 5 game that suddenly balloons to 6 versus 12.

SMH for Matchmaking, SMH.

TheSeks

Crakatak187 said:
You left at the right time it turned into a spawn camp fest.

Because they had more numbers. I wondered how they were able to suddenly get their bases back. Someone snuck by the randoms/small number of us and started to take A/B. Once B was taken, I saw the score board and it was 6 more of them than us and I was like "SMH, yeah, I'm going to rush. Fuck this small game shit."

Just won 13-11 (K-D) against a team that was rolling with the UAV on the third set. Took out all the cover around A with VADS, took down (and got taken out a few times by) the UAV and then we started to bleed them.

Joined late and I was top of the leaderboard out team and 400 points behind the top of theirs. SMH Randoms. :/

Edit: And now the muppets won't fucking attack. "DERP DERP LET'S SNIPE FROM THE BASE WITH KILLER BLOOM IN OUR SCOPES LOLOLOLOL (SMH DICE)" Join someone as assault recon with the SPAS-12. Take B. Muppets on our team won't push (LITERALLY SITTING NEAR A AND NOT ARMING) while I try my damndest to throw mines and get heads up. Enemy defense was sitting on A like cockroaches to where I and I only can't take the crate. :|

TheSeks

And... mysteriously suicide because JJD can't get the fuck out of the way of my gunner position. WTF.

:|

Death death death death death death death trying to take the Bradley(s) down by myself. Fucking annoying cheese tactic. God.

TheSeks said:
only buckshot was buffed.

Not a good day for me. I keep on getting into horrible games.

Oasis is definitely the worst map out there. Nothing but circle strafing throughout the whole game.

TheSeks

only buckshot was buffed.

Really? I guess for hit-detection reasons, but everyone's running 12 Gauge Slugs in addition to Magnum Ammo with the SAIGA now. It's like :|

I keep on getting into horrible games.

Conquest wouldn't have been bad, provided the game was balanced. It wasn't.

That round I joined, you guys were being overwhelmed and I couldn't get anything together to stop their pushing/getting to the back of the base. Negative KDR there.

Joined a person on my list in Vietnam. Helped them win the game stopping non-ghosted PBR's with the M40. Where's your boat kills now, bitches.

TheSeks said:
Really? I guess for hit-detection reasons, but everyone's running 12 Gauge Slugs in addition to Magnum Ammo with the SAIGA now. It's like :|

Conquest wouldn't have been bad, provided the game was balanced. It wasn't.

That round I joined, you guys were being overwhelmed and I couldn't get anything together to stop their pushing/getting to the back of the base. Negative KDR there.

Joined a person on my list in Vietnam. Helped them win the game stopping non-ghosted PBR's with the M40. Where's your boat kills now, bitches.

We can't roll against large clans unless our teams are balanced + at least a full squad of GAF vets are on -_-.

After you left I joined Ogre's Rush game and then invited crack, xuxly and everyone else in.

We then pretty much resumed our pattern of regular steamrolling. Then abu joined followed by Wes and Trizzy...and pretty much we just kept on steam rolling form there.

The super cheese team on Atacama Rush was amazing. They were c4ing from the sidewall, from the roof, from the bottom, jihading, anything you can think of....

TheSeks

Seks i was playing with your friend and showed him a few things, he's a cool cat, we had some fun times!

Yeah, he told me over IRC that you showed him all the out of bound antics. :lol

olimpia84

I really doubt the auto shotguns have been buffed. I've been a longtime USAS-12 user and I know that gun 'inside and out' and haven't noticed a single change in its power/accuracy/speed.

Oh and sorry to everybody for bailing out in that Arica rush game but my friend came over and I figured we had that game under control anyways.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
TheSeks said:
I noticed this last night. Ran into a team with 3 medics, 2 of which were running with the kit you describe and they were sniping me from distance. Pissed me off to a point I have not felt before in BC2.

vixlar

I don't know if I could call a "Battlefield Moment", but there it goes...

When I turned my xbox on, all of my logged in friends (3) were playing BC2, so I chose randomly one of them. Oh, gosh. It was conquest hardcore. I don't enjoy conquest very much and I don't like Hardcore. But this friend was a natural leader... He was giving us orders, calming that annoying guy that cried anytime he got killed. He was mainly using a tank and I was his gunner as an engineer. He knew when to attack, when to go back. How to protect me when I was repairing. And even as I'm not an English speaker, we could comunicate well. It was a really enjoyable experience.

Theme apart. I was thinking that maybe an allicient to capture bases in conquest is that anytime you bleed tickets from the opposing team by having more that 50% bases captured, all the team gets 10 points.

Sill4

Sorry I sucked hard at the game last night, gaf. I guess two straight nights of Saints Row coop had me running and gunning more than I should have.

Also, fuck that Huey.

TheSeks

vixlar said:
Theme apart. I was thinking that maybe an allicient to capture bases in conquest is that anytime you bleed tickets from the opposing team by having more that 50% bases captured, all the team gets 10 points.

Oh boy. I just can't wait to get 1000+ in points spawn raping the other team. :D

vixlar

TheSeks said:
Oh boy. I just can't wait to get 1000+ in points spawn raping the other team. :D

Do you get more than 100 tickets just from bleeding? Not for killing.

And, well, I don't have much experience on conquest... so I don't know how many tickets go on bleeding normally.

vixlar said:

And, well, I don't have much experience on conquest... so I don't know how many tickets go on bleeding normally.
it's like 4 seconds per ticket, so 150ppm. under 7 minutes of having more than 50% of the bases is more than possible.

TheSeks

vixlar said:

Fuck it, I had this huge math explanation but it doesn't make sense.

Conquest's POINT is to capture and hold the flags. Ticket bleed happens during this when one team holds majority of the flags. More flags holded, the more/faster bleed happens.

Free points for giving dumbasses the clue to cap flags in addition to killing isn't the answer. Them being base raped over and over and over is the answer to that.

"Oh, hey, we're not capping flags because we're being dumbass snipers and sitting around our spawn and picking off anyone that caps our home flag. What's that? We lose? Five times? Well, maybe we should pick assault and take the fight to them."

"Yeah, nah. Fuck it. *RAGEQUIT*"

Free points for doing objectives isn't the answer, see: Rush and "OBJECTIVE HARM +50" abusing.

Sill4 said:
Sorry I sucked hard at the game last night, gaf. I guess two straight nights of Saints Row coop had me running and gunning more than I should have.

Also, fuck that Huey.
Wasn't only you, it was all of us. I had to take a break because I was sucking so bad.

The only thing I can think of is that we fell for the double plant every-single-time, while not being able to execute it ourselves on attacking. Among my own squad I wanted to have us split up and cover the two bases but time and time again the whole team would make a mad dash for the mcom as soon as the alarm goes off. It's funny if your dead or in the pause menu and you have the large map up when an mcom is armed and almost simultaneously, every blue dot will turn around and head for it, leaving the other one wide open. A lot of times I would just camp by the lone mcom and I stopped a few arms when it was just some lone wolf, but if it was more than one it was over.

Hopefully tonight goes a little better, we'll probably have more people online, and I'll have less responsibility and can just mess around.

Yeah random will usually do that. Sometimes I arm so the opposing team can all flood there and gaf will handle the other set.

Unrelated, but I like to post this. Yesterday on Laguna presa on the 3rd checkpoint our team was heavily spawn camped at the start of that checkpoint (Gaf can attest to that since majority was still in the spawn). Wes and I stunk to the back of the base using the quad and double armed the M-COMs and turned the tide of that match. I told Wes look gaf is finally starting to move up hahaha

Sill4

bean breath said:
Wasn't only you, it was all of us. I had to take a break because I was sucking so bad.

The only thing I can think of is that we fell for the double plant every-single-time, while not being able to execute it ourselves on attacking. Among my own squad I wanted to have us split up and cover the two bases but time and time again the whole team would make a mad dash for the mcom as soon as the alarm goes off. It's funny if your dead or in the pause menu and you have the large map up when an mcom is armed and almost simultaneously, every blue dot will turn around and head for it, leaving the other one wide open. A lot of times I would just camp by the lone mcom and I stopped a few arms when it was just some lone wolf, but if it was more than one it was over.

Hopefully tonight goes a little better, we'll probably have more people online, and I'll have less responsibility and can just mess around.
Thanks to Have At You's gunning, I got the Huey (AKA Moldy Iguana Turd with Propellers) to last the first two sections on Hastings.

Then we get shot down by a fucking m40. Got damn.

Also, do you guys coordinate in party chat? I get spammed with invites by all my friends as soon as i log on, so I usually just play while talking to them about random shit.

Sill4 said:
Thanks to Have At You's gunning, I got the Huey (AKA Moldy Iguana Turd with Propellers) to last the first two sections on Hastings.

Then we get shot down by a fucking m40. Got damn.

Also, do you guys coordinate in party chat? I get spammed with invites by all my friends as soon as i log on, so I usually just play while talking to them about random shit.

Depends who's in it. Usually the most 'tactical' chatter is "Guy arming bravo" or "Two guys heading for Alpha." Basically just relaying stuff you see in the killcam after you've died.
When we played yesterday it was just a lot of swearing and complaining.

There's a guy named Hostile, I think you've played with him. He launches into rants every, and I mean EVERY, time he dies. Most people in the party hate it, some mute him. I think it's hilarious and I love playing when he's online.

So, it's mostly just B.S. but I think it's a lot more fun when you're playing in the party and there's definitely a competitive advantage. The thing that sucks is there's only 8 slots and I feel like a guest in their games since they're the majority, so I don't send invites that often. Although it seems like they go by a 'first-come, first-served' system so who knows.

meppi

Haha, well that was a fun night.

Started out playing with rockscar2 and spent the whole 6 hours dominating every single game thanks to other gaffers that kept joining in.
I don't think we lost a single game this evening. :)

Too bad that that last map ended up being like it was.
But I can understand that the opposing team was demoralized enough that they barely even bothered attacking anymore.
Turned into an all sniper match across the sea. lol
Funny at first, but got boring fast.

Would have loved to keep on playing, but I started getting a really bad headache since I never took a break.

TheSeks

@Cal: :lol They so very mad, man.

GAF clears another server out... AGAIN.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
meppi said:
Haha, well that was a fun night.

Started out playing with rockscar2 and spent the whole 6 hours dominating every single game thanks to other gaffers that kept joining in.
I don't think we lost a single game this evening. :)

Too bad that that last map ended up being like it was.
But I can understand that the opposing team was demoralized enough that they barely even bothered attacking anymore.
Turned into an all sniper match across the sea. lol
Funny at first, but got boring fast.

Would have loved to keep on playing, but I started getting a really bad headache since I never took a break.

Think that was the first time I've played with you... a couple other new gaffers on as well that I didn't recognize. Was fun.

TheSeks said:
@Cal: :lol They so very mad, man.

GAF clears another server out... AGAIN.
PS3, 360, PC, it doesn't matter. GAF will clear out your servers just the same. I imagine the only way we wouldn't, is if we all played against each other. At least then we could call the quitters out on the board lol.

Battlefield GAF will need to come together and get on the same system for Battlefield 3. It's the only way.

Amen to that. In the future I will double dip PS3 and PC. That's when I have the money for an awesome custom built PC of course. There is no way I'm abandoning PS3 gaf. It's been almost a year since I started to play with some of them.

1stStrike

Banned
I'm taking a small break from BC2 to finish FF13. Yes, I know. I hate the game too, but I'm going to get my god damn money's worth for it. I'm like 28 hours into it so forcing myself to finish.

Are the knifing sound effects audible to any other players aside from the two involved in the action?

I know I've been able to knife two snipers perched close to each other but they were scoped into their own little world. Is it possible to individually knife, say, two players, one at a time, who have their back to you without the other knowing?

meppi

recklessmind said:
Think that was the first time I've played with you... a couple other new gaffers on as well that I didn't recognize. Was fun.

Yeah, I think so.

I said to my buddy (Mancunian11) that I remembered your name from somewhere, but since most people use different names on PSN, I wasn't sure who Evolved1 was on here. :)

Also sorry for sometimes playing a bit reckless or perhaps irrational.
My skill level goes up and down from game to game for some reason.
But then again, I've only had the game since just before Chirstmas.

Top Bottom