• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Keldor

Picked up the PS3 version to play with my PS3 buds in addition to my 360 version. PSN Tag: Skeletor64. Same tag on 360.

abuC

Manny is great to squad up with, he's pretty funny and rages at times but he always relays a lot of good info on where people are.

soundahfekz said:
I'd never do that man. What's your psn?

my PSN is soundahfekz, everyone who's still active post yours so I can add you. It sucks not having a consistent team to play with. Teamwork makes this game rise to heaven.

Keldor said:
Picked up the PS3 version to play with my PS3 buds in addition to my 360 version. PSN Tag: Skeletor64. Same tag on 360.

same thing every other thread:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25749522&postcount=7603

My friend list is getting full, gonna have to delete some non-regulars

abuC

PedYup said:
Lots of fun games with Gaffers yesterday. Two very close call games at Isla Inocentes and Nelson Bay winning with 4 and 6 tickets left.
Two Battlefield moments:
I joined a Laguna Presa game with Danthaman, Ejas,... as attackers. At 4th set the defenders got the Bradley near the remaining MCom. I arm the MCom with C4 and got shot running for safety. Moments later the C4 got detonated taking out the Bradley with its crew and the squad disarming the MCom, points messages start piling up, a lot of deaths, a lot of squad bonuses and finishing with the MCom bonus totaling over 900 points in a single event.
The other one was hilarious. I join Ejas and Manny squad at Arica Harboor as attackers. Manny Abrams got stuck in the bridge, Ejas suggested using an RPG to push it. I decided to give it a try with C4, I applied it to the side of the tank and blow it. It certainly worked as it tipped the tank over the bridge edge and it fell to the water channel below. I laughed so hard that my abs hurt. Sorry guys next time I promise to put the C4 on the other side of the tank.

Don´t worry pal.

I find amazing you can play so well without audio clues. Sometimes I got the audio bug losing all sound ingame and you are aware the many audio clues the game gives, C4 in the tanks, steps behind your back (followed by a quick shotgun in the face and a little teabagging for the LOLs), etc.

Manny is a friend of Ejas, I think he is a pretty competent player.

Ugh, that Atacama round, arming, got killed, arming, got killed........ we were able to win finally.

My main man rock, you should post more!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Hmmm... able to do circles around the third (well, C if US) base of Atacama now. Not great, but it's a step up from slight circles. Just gotta know when to break the yaw and move. That and gotta figure out how to not "dive bomb" it in the strafe. :/

Tried using BC1 controls, I can see the benefit, but it makes me horrible unlike default. :/

At least I'm stepping up from "beginner pilot" to "somewhat not so shitty, intermediate" pilot. Just need more practice and less fire on me to where it screws up my concentration in addition to no air-to-air battles. D:

@Abu: You need to get on later and tell me if I'm doing it right.

Mully

The best squad I've ever been in on 360 is with Faceless, REV 09, and BaronNelson. They are all great players and they always do what is best to win. I'm not a fan of freakouts either so these guys are perfect. If one of us makes a mistake, it's no big deal, no need to post in CAPs on GAF about it. These guys are great guys to squad up with.

oh man, stole the attacker's chopper on 2nd set of Oasis and we had double choppers wearing that team out for most of that set! it was so good!

and you PS3 guys be nice to Skeletor!

PedYup said:
I find amazing you can play so well without audio clues. Sometimes I got the audio bug losing all sound ingame and you are aware the many audio clues the game gives, C4 in the tanks, steps behind your back (followed by a quick shotgun in the face and a little teabagging for the LOLs), etc.

I've had that bug once and had to reset my system cause I could not adjust to playing with no sound. I even get pissed when I can't hear the mcom alarm sometimes.

Mully said:
The best squad I've ever been in on 360 is with Faceless, REV 09, and BaronNelson. They are all great players and they always do what is best to win. I'm not a fan of freakouts either so these guys are perfect. If one of us makes a mistake, it's no big deal, no need to post in CAPs on GAF about it. These guys are great guys to squad up with.
Yeah, I was surprised that Faceless was able to keep his composure on a recent game of rush at White Pass.

It was the last set, one mcom left with about 40(?) tickets remaining, so I figured now is the perfect time to run back and set up for the cameo. So me and two other people from our party are back there setting up mines and c4 while Faceless and one other person from the party were trying to take out the last mcom. So, we're waiting, 35 tickets, 30, 25. We lose like 5 tickets because we're accidentally suiciding in the out of bounds area, lol. 20, 15, 10, 5. Finally with like 4 tickets left they arm and destroy it, I of course was in the wrong place because I didn't have faith that they'd be able to do it and set up at the losing cameo.

Is there an external server browser that works with BC2? The in-game browser never gives me the correct ping, and Xfire doesn't seem to support it.

Keldor

The Faceless Master said:
oh man, stole the attacker's chopper on 2nd set of Oasis and we had double choppers wearing that team out for most of that set! it was so good!

and you PS3 guys be nice to Skeletor!
Thanks Faceless. I'll still be on 360 also. Everytime I play with you guys, we just steam roll the other team. Haha!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
New PS3 players who are adding me as a way to get into GAF games... I'm swamped atm with studies and sick as hell, so I won't be on for at least a few days. Probably not till the weekend at the earliest. Might need to get other gaffers' PSN names if you want to join their steamroll... at least for now while I'm AWOL.

:(

BPK

Will there be a Bad Company 3 in the next year, or are console gamers simply supposed to hop on the Battlefield 3 bandwagon?

BPK said:
Will there be a Bad Company 3 in the next year, or are console gamers simply supposed to hop on the Battlefield 3 bandwagon?
Your still hoping for BC3 in the face of BF3?

and it's not as much a 'bandwagoning' as it is a 'natural progression' for you all to more to BF3.

- Besides if DICE pull of game-pad support for 360/PS3 then you guys are in luck and can join in on the fun with PC-BC2 GAF in some 64-player mayhem on the Battlefield.

feel

Cuban Legend said:

and it's not as much a 'bandwagoning' as it is a 'natural progression' for you all to more to BF3.

- Besides if DICE pull of game-pad support for 360/PS3 then you guys are in luck and can join in on the fun with PC-BC2 GAF in some 64-player mayhem on the Battlefield.
Will capable gaming PCs be getting handed out with each copy of the game? :)

TheSeks

Letters said:

Well, that's certainly one way of making me buy the PC version.

DO EET EA. I need a new Windows Desktop.

Letters said:
i wish i could buy you all cool rigs like mine
cuban-computera74z.jpg

but this ones got me broke for a while

Cuban Legend said:

and it's not as much a 'bandwagoning' as it is a 'natural progression'.
i bet some people see it as regression!

i know somewhere out there, someone is going "more vehicles? jets? fuck this!"

Rorschach

Crakatak187 said:
I don't really care as long as it's good and balanced. I know it will be great, but I don't know how well balanced it will be.
BF2 was far more balanced than BC2. The maps had way better choke points too.

I was a counterstrike player at the time. I can't judge what I never played. As long as it's a PC game at the core it'll be great. Even I hate console compromises or dumbing down for the ADHD crowd which so many games are doing in the fps genre.

That's not an issue on consoles at least. We all know 95% of console sniper can't shoot for shit and having them stuck and limited in prone will be better off for us.

If their aiming angle is limited in prone about 0 to 35 degrees and can't fully turn left or right, it'll be the sweet spot.

Rorschach

Dreamgazer said:
Somewhere out there, someone is going "Prone? Yes! finally the camping snipers will rule!"

:D
Hopefully, they bring commanders and UAVs back. Snipers can't be effective just camping forever.

To me, prone was most useful for the support class and their machine guns and for squad leaders ducking out of the line of fire to stay alive. Right now, those small cement blocks are useless because your head is still peaking out if you just kneel. ;b

Prone will be very useful for real life tactics. Coverfire is what I'm thinking of, but in video games people aren't scared of dying hahaha.

I've read of Dolphin diving and I hope they put some sort of delay or make it slow to prone at least.

Rorschach

Crakatak187 said:
Prone will be very useful for real life tactics. Coverfire is what I'm thinking of, but in video games people aren't scared of dying hahaha.

I've read of Dolphin diving and I hope they put some sort of delay or make it slow to prone at least.
It was patched out of BF2. And the devs have already said it won't be in BF3.

Rorschach said:
It was patched out of BF2. And the devs have already said it won't be in BF3.

That's good news... maybe even great. I can't wait to see some footage, I feel like BF/BC are the only games where the action is just as intense and over-the-top as what is represented/shown in a trailer.

I'll probably be on both sides for BF3 in the future. PS3 first until I get the funds for a sweet custom built computer. I won't be abandoning PS3 gaf of course.

I just miss KB/M aiming.

I'll probably wait until I can get up to a consistent 120+ FPS to get as low input lag as possible.

Crakatak187 said:
I'll probably be on both sides for BF3 in the future. PS3 first until I get the funds for a sweet custom built computer. I won't be abandoning PS3 gaf of course.

I just miss KB/M aiming.

This.

or more correctly...PS3 first until I...

Step 1: Get a job.
Step 2: Pass CPA exam.
Step 3: Pile up cash
Step 4: Wait for/confirm sandy bridge to be perfect
Step 5: Buy parts
Step 6: Build PC
Step 7: Install PC BF3

Crakatak187 said:

I just miss KB/M aiming.

I'll probably wait until I can get up to a consistent 120+ FPS to get as low input lag as possible.

Eh, I do most of my work on a computer so for I can't get into PC gaming all that much. Just the muscle memory of using the mouse and keyboard reminds me too much of 'work' to rekax and play rather that with my PS3. No offense to the PC crowd, even with a pad on PC I can't do it.

PS3 BF3 for me.

True when I first playing counterstrike it took me a while to get the muscle memory for aiming and recoil control, but it was so worth it. I felt so awesome getting headshots and headshots in a row at lightning reaction speeds. Getting called a hacker in a server were I was a regular really boost my ego. To know that you are improving is satisfying. With KB/M you have tons of potential as long as you keep playing.

Another reason I like Console gaming as well. You don't really have to learn much to play and it's more convenient. Skill wise I've hit a plateau, but I don't care. I'm having a great time with PS3 Gaf.

I like both which is why I'm not abandoning PS3.

I wouldn't say I'll be defecting. I'll just do what Faceless use to do. PS3/PC and I won't be getting a gaming PC for at least 2 years from now. I'm waiting for CPU and GPU that will laugh at the Frostbite engine 2 and get 120 fps on 1920x1080 consistently at an affordable price.

I've played with you guys way too long to just leave. That would be a dick move. Hope Dice gives us a server browser this time.

abuC

I'll probably double dip and get the PC & PS3 version, judging by that Battlefield 3 thread most of those PC guys aren't people I want to play with.

abuC said:
I'll probably double dip and get the PC & PS3 version, judging by that Battlefield 3 thread most of those PC guys aren't people I want to play with.
I play on pc mostly, and 360 occasionally, if you want someone to game with on the pc version of bc2 you can add me. Names: Mr Nightman

olimpia84

BPK said:

With the 24 player cap, BF3 for consoles is essentially BC3.

TheSeks

abuC said:

You must be new to PCGAF. They are smug elitist assholes that dick stroke themselves because they pay $800+ for their new rig that can play "LOL 1080P CONSOLE GAMES AT 60FPS. SUCK IT CONSOLERS" while having their head up their asses to smell their own farts while no one really gives a shit.

Meanwhile, people like Brain Stew and ghfs or whatever the fuck his name is are sanctioned trolls because Evilore is a PC fanboy.

(In before a mod comes for above to stab/ban me)

Faceless said:
why would i give up?

BECAUSE OMG KEYBOARD AND MOUSE IS SOOOOOOOOOOOO SUPERIORITY TO DUMB DUMB CONSOLE CONTROLLERS. LOLOLOLOLOL.

Olimpia said:
With the 24 player cap, BF3 for consoles is essentially BC3.

No. With 24 players, BF3 for consoles is BF3 for consoles.

I'm okay with this.jpg, provided the maps are decent. BF2 Modern Combats mostly weren't.

why would i give up?
So you wouldn't ruin your k/d ratio.

TheSeks said:
You must be new to PCGAF. They are smug elitist assholes that dick stroke themselves because they pay $800+ for their new rig that can play "LOL 1080P CONSOLE GAMES AT 60FPS. SUCK IT CONSOLERS" while having their head up their asses to smell their own farts while no one really gives a shit.

Meanwhile, people like Brain Stew and ghfs or whatever the fuck his name is are sanctioned trolls because Evilore is a PC fanboy.
Spot on. Except, I payed less then 500€.
Oh, and can only go as far as 1600x1280

You sure seem to be very vocal for someone that doesn't give a shit :p

Metalmurphy said:
So you wouldn't ruin your k/d ratio.
i guess you haven't been reading the thread much over the past year, huh?

besides, say it did happen, even 6 straight blowout losses wouldn't really affect a K/D ratio by more than 0.01 in the grand scheme of things.

meppi said:
Wait. I thought only COD idiots cared about that crap.... :-/
oh no, lots of people care.

meppi

oh no, lots of people care.

That's one of the things I just don't get, well in objective based games anyway.

It was the exact same for me in KZ2. Well maybe not exactly because there you didn't get penalized for losing tickets, but you know what I mean.
I'll do anything and everything I can to get the objective taken care off.

If that means sacrificing myself by creating a diversion, or using myself as a shield for someone who's arming an m-com, so be it. I won't think twice about it, it's just instinct and what drives me I guess.

Sure it doesn't always work out for the best, but I'm pretty sure I'm a lot more valuable in such a capacity than any random sniper dude that's hidden away behind some cover with only a 3 pixel space to aim at people coming out of a door.

On the other hand I won't go as far as to train to become a circle-straffing pilot so I can block the opposition from doing basically anything due to my use of lameass tactics that ruin a lot of peoples enjoyment of the game. (RAID clan, I'm looking your way >_> )

Top Bottom