• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Fersis said:
Im rank 42 !!! WOOOOO !!!

After a year? YOU'RE TOO SLOW.

Man, playing with a shitty gunner is annoying. Get in the chopper as randoms fucking suck with it, 30% left on it after I take the anti-air out and repair repair repair. Get back, take out three tanks (no kills, SMH) dude just shitty guns for second set. Start strafing third anti-air base and... he doesn't fire on it, while I'm throwing rockets it's way.

:|

I'll dismiss the Master-Race stuff but, how could you forget...

Bridge Too Far is a fucking terrible map in Modern Combat. Maybe with 64 players it's fine, but the console player count (esp 4+ years after MC released to where it's like 8-16 players) makes it TOO BIG for proper play.

Edit: Yes, because I oh so asked for you to take me on a date when I'm arming the crate only to get shot in the face because you're facing toward me and attempting to arm as well despite the fact I got there 2-3 seconds before you so it would be my arm and you don't protect me.

*HiI'mDaisyPersona3Minato:|.jpg*

Wonderful.

BPK

The Faceless Master said:
i bet some people see it as regression!

i know somewhere out there, someone is going "more vehicles? jets? fuck this!"

I don't mind admitting that I'd rather not see too many more vehicles.

It's not about the number of vehicles in the game that I'm wary about. It's how balanced it is. Since BFBC2 is the first one I played I can only judge based on this game. Each vehicle/weapon needs a pro and con. Attack chopper has none.

How maneuverable is the Harrier in BF2 while hovering?

Crakatak187 said:
It's not about the number of vehicles in the game that I'm wary about. It's how balanced it is. Since BFBC2 is the first one I played I can only judge based on this game. Each vehicle/weapon needs a pro and con. Attack chopper has none.

but there are cons!

1) can't arm crates
2) vulnerable when capping flags

Rorschach

Crakatak187 said:
Your pilot can be sniped easily, you can get taken down by an AT rocket, Assault grenade launchers can take them out with a couple of hits, and there are usually AA around flags. Also a clip of a PKM can take down a chopper, so you can probably scare them off with that. :D

Oh, and then there's tanks that can actually aim at you (1 shot kill with main gun) and Jets that eat you for breakfast. Pilots usually have a bunch of balls in the air at any given moment. The only time things get dicey is when there's only one flag left and all the infantry is spawning at one point. Then, things can get hairy, but usually everyone just looks up and concentrates fire on the chopper. You can't just sit there... or even just strafe strafe strafe around the objective.

TheSeks

abuC said:
That was embarrassing, no excuse for losing that game.

Yeah, like I said: Armed B, Manny runs over to arm as well (SMH) get taken out, Manny gets taken out. B is held. I'm "SMH" mode: on.

Also my flying is still shitty in comparison to your stolen Havoc and Olimpia gunning. Me and 8bit didn't get much kills (I only got 1) but I did take out tanks and the anti-air in addition to hassling them to where I had to repair a couple of times.

Oh well, learning experience and all. Need more flight hours.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
TheSeks said:
You must be new to PCGAF. They are smug elitist assholes that dick stroke themselves because they pay $800+ for their new rig that can play "LOL 1080P CONSOLE GAMES AT 60FPS. SUCK IT CONSOLERS" while having their head up their asses to smell their own farts while no one really gives a shit.

Meanwhile, people like Brain Stew and ghfs or whatever the fuck his name is are sanctioned trolls because Evilore is a PC fanboy.

(In before a mod comes for above to stab/ban me)

BECAUSE OMG KEYBOARD AND MOUSE IS SOOOOOOOOOOOO SUPERIORITY TO DUMB DUMB CONSOLE CONTROLLERS. LOLOLOLOLOL.

No. With 24 players, BF3 for consoles is BF3 for consoles.

I'm okay with this.jpg, provided the maps are decent. BF2 Modern Combats mostly weren't.
when the captain goes down with their ship, they usually do it with a little class.

Those few matches I played vs. The GAF machine were headache-inducing. I literally have a headache. It wasn't a steamrolling... It was a massacre!

After many failed attempts to Solid snake my way to 'A' on Arica desert, I ended up sitting in our spawn, fetal position with a sniper rifle. Fun games though... Who am I kidding!? It was depressing. By the time a slot opened up on the gaf side, I was wore out. My battlefield spirit took a massive beating.

Seriously. You wrecked my team. I almost felt bad for those who were dropped into our match mid game...

abuC

TheSeks said:
Yeah, like I said: Armed B, Manny runs over to arm as well (SMH) get taken out, Manny gets taken out. B is held. I'm "SMH" mode: on.

Also my flying is still shitty in comparison to your stolen Havoc and Olimpia gunning. Me and 8bit didn't get much kills (I only got 1) but I did take out tanks and the anti-air in addition to hassling them to where I had to repair a couple of times.

Oh well, learning experience and all. Need more flight hours.

Haha, you really don't like Manny do you?

Your flying looked pretty good, getting kills when you have smoke or armor equipped is difficult at first but you get used to it, one full volley is usually enough to kill people. Also, keep your circle high, you might not get as many kills but the higher you are the harder it is for people to tag you with tracers or hit you with AT4s. I was flying with Vasilisk, then my PS3 froze like it always seems to do when I get in a helicopter.

Razor210 said:
You guys are too good.

Except at the end when I was SNIPING ALL YOU NOOBS

Waste of everyone's time and SPM lol.

Come out and face death like a man.

Overall average night tonight, not too much steamrolling.

No_Style

Good to see folks may double dip. I'd love to see some of the PS3 GAF playing PC version as well.

As I stated before, my plan is to pick up the PS3 version first*, then the PC version once it hits a ridiculous Steam sale price of $8. (That's what happened with BFBC2 PC, but I didn't pick it up.)

* - Barring horrible port issues.

There was one game that we shouldn't have lost. It was Port Valdez on attacking. Hardly anybody at all tried to arm on the 3rd checkpoint. I got in Bravo with 2 other guys thinking they'll back me up, but they were hiding...

Not me I'm done for the night.

Try messaging Dreamgazer on PSN if he's still on the PS3 or just add me PSN: Crakatak187
I play on the weekdays 3-8 pm Pacific.

Keldor

Good game PS3 GAF. I haven't played Conquest since last summer since I'm pretty much an exclusive rush guy but I still enjoyed myself. Looking forward to playing more with you guys.

Keldor said:
Good game PS3 GAF. I haven't played Conquest since last summer since I'm pretty much an exclusive rush guy but I still enjoyed myself. Looking forward to playing more with you guys.

Most of us here play Rush, but most of the crowd have left by the time you came around...so the only people around were the regular conquest players (Olimpia)

olimpia84

Dreamgazer said:
Most of us here play Rush, but most of the crowd have left by the time you came around...so the only people around were the regular conquest players (Olimpia)

NoStyle is also a conquest regular. Sorry to bail out last night but my internet was having issues. I figured you guys would win that Panama Canal round anyways since everything seemed to be under control.

Is anyone having problems finding games on PSN? I keep getting the "Can't find any games" error. Last night at around 10:30 PM EST i was getting that error. It's been that way since last Friday..

olimpia84

surefire1982 said:
Is anyone having problems finding games on PSN? I keep getting the "Can't find any games" error. Last night at around 10:30 PM EST i was getting that error. It's been that way since last Friday..

I had that error last night and it was really annoying. I got tired of playing so many rounds of Rush so I tried to get in some Conquest matches by myself and I couldn't do it until later on when No_Style joined.

abuC

I had to turn off the game on that harvest day match, seriously after they took both crates with just two guys I couldn't play anymore.

TheSeks

abuC said:
I had to turn off the game on that harvest day match, seriously after they took both crates with just two guys I couldn't play anymore.

The turn off point for me is the shitty shotguns.

SPAS-12 at close range? LOL MISS NO MARKER AND EAT 8 DEATHS IN THE PROCESS.

SMH. :|

abuC

TheSeks said:
The turn off point for me is the shitty shotguns.

SPAS-12 at close range? LOL MISS NO MARKER AND EAT 8 DEATHS IN THE PROCESS.

SMH. :|

BF3 can't come soon enough.

I think Im going to start playing more conquest, rush is just getting a bit old now.

TheSeks

abuC said:
I think Im going to start playing more conquest, rush is just getting a bit old now.

I left and played Conquest on Arica. Close games. Died a bunch of times but killed a bunch of times. It's a bit bullshit that the SAIGA is able to over-rule hipfire from assault rifles, though. :|

Haha, you really don't like Manny do you?

I plead the fifth, really. I have no hate toward him, just annoyances.

Edit: I mean people were near B, no one was arming. I'm like "fuck it, I'll arm it then. Everyone stand ba--" (Manny runs over, facing me) "WTF, NO I'M AR--" (death death)

TheSeks said:
I left and played Conquest on Arica. Close games. Died a bunch of times but killed a bunch of times. It's a bit bullshit that the SAIGA is able to over-rule hipfire from assault rifles, though. :|

I plead the fifth, really. I have no hate toward him, just annoyances.

Edit: I mean people were near B, no one was arming. I'm like "fuck it, I'll arm it then. Everyone stand ba--" (Manny runs over, facing me) "WTF, NO I'M AR--" (death death)
No mics?

Not much luck with randoms on our team today. There was one game I had a field day and another for Dream.

A ton of my shots wasn't registering because of the lag. I know I wasn't the only one because it happened to Wes as well.

One case I shot about 20 bullets within 20 feet of the guy. I see his player reacting to the shot, but no X at all.

Another I shot about 8 shots into this guy's chest point blank and he still had 94% health.

Another it took about 20 shots upclose to kill this guy because the first couple of shots didn't register at all.

Crakatak187 said:
Not much luck with randoms on our team today. There was one game I had a field day and another for Dream.

When I joined you guys with that horrible random team, guess what is the first thing I see with my random squad mates:
2 snipers on a tree touching one another
1 assault camping in who knows where.

I spawn and drop a motion sensor at A, and wa-la 3 enemies instantly showed up on the map. Everyone else was no where near A. There I go yelling like a buffoon taking out 3 enemies at once, alone,again.

No one appreciates a good motion sensor recon *bitter*

Then the following attack round was just horrid...
We were at base 4 and this one moron decided to camp at 1 waiting for them to get into the abandoned-c4 tank at 2.

Good job randoms.

Funny how we went from almost winning on Valparaiso defense to complete hopeless lost. Our squad got wiped out when Alpha was armed because we actually try to stop it and those randoms, all of them were at Bravo picking their noses.

olimpia84

abuC said:

The randoms in our team were horrible and the other team was good and very aggressive. Surprisingly we almost won at the end when they were trying to arm the very last mcom.

After that match I left and went for some Conquest action...played in Arica and when I joined all three flags were capped by the enemy and my team was losing by ~120 tickets. Slowly we started to take the flags and eventually won the game. These huge comeback games are my favorite and the reason I love Conquest.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
No_Style said:
I should get in on that Saiga. Lots of deaths by it as of late.
Its an awesome gun, one of the few where you can sneak up on a squad of 4 guys bunched together and wipe em out with one clip before one of them turns around and kills you.

TheSeks

I just love knifing a person five times and being killed by them facing the wrong way, DICE. JUST LOVE IT!

(SMH)

Yeah there has been numerous times when I got killed when I was right behind the enemy while they were shooting in front of them hahaha

TheSeks

Lame as shit. We get them to 9 tickets after they cheese B. Armed A, taken A. B is taken. Fourth set falls after hard fought for B.

Last set, tank sniping from the bridge to B with V OPTIC.

SMH for perk system. They wouldn't be able to do that shit if there was a set of rules and balanced weapons instead of "OH YOU GET BETTER WEAPON POWER OH YOU GET BETTER DEFENSE" bullshit.

Fuck you Call of Duty and fuck your STD infesting numerous FPS that were fine without your shitty perk system. >:| >:| :mad:

Drewsky

So I decided to get back into this after taking a few months off. It's making me download a 1.64 GB patch before playing, what the hell did they add? It's called the Vietnam update but it was free.

TheSeks

Drewsky said:
So I decided to get back into this after taking a few months off. It's making me download a 1.64 GB patch before playing, what the hell did they add? It's called the Vietnam update but it was free.

Vietnam expansion (guns + 5 maps)
Cold War (BC2 singleplayer)
Heavy Metal (BC2 singleplayer)
Oasis (BC1 remake)
Harvest Day (BC1 remake)

Last four maps are free to play in Vanilla.

Drewsky

TheSeks said:
Vietnam expansion (guns + 5 maps)
Cold War (BC2 singleplayer)
Heavy Metal (BC2 singleplayer)
Oasis (BC1 remake)
Harvest Day (BC1 remake)

Last four maps are free to play in Vanilla.
Awesome, thanks.

TheSeks

"IraqionCraqi."

LOL

Edit: And I have to give props to Manny today. He doesn't seem that bad today. :|

No_Style

poppabk said:
Its an awesome gun, one of the few where you can sneak up on a squad of 4 guys bunched together and wipe em out with one clip before one of them turns around and kills you.

Tried it for the first time off somebody's kit. It's really something!

Olimpia, awesome Conquest games as always. That last Arica Harbour match was a see saw battle like I've never seen before. We'd cap everything and then lose everything in the next 2 minutes and then control just one, then all three again, then none. Craziness!

For you BC1 people: http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/...-bad-company-glitch-fixed-details-inside.html

The "I am Bad Company" glitch is fixed on PS3 and 360.

If you are glitched, your counter will correct itself by one per round played, but only after you obtain all the criteria. If you do not have all the criteria, your counter will remain offset until you meet all criteria.

Explanation from Djonsson:
The server will not start to autocorrect your stats until you actually have earned all 120 awards, so no need to worry if the counter is showing 116 when you actually have 117 awards. When all 120 awards have been unlocked, the server will check if the counter is 120. If not, it will add +1 to your counter for each full round you complete until you hit 120 and the final achievment/trophy is unlocked.

Better late than never...

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
holy shit!

anyone wanna boost boat roadkills?

Sure, if you want to help me with the rest of the insane achievements. :D

Oh, wait, your PS3 is dead. :(

*quietly goes to play BC1 and hope he'll ever get these. *siiigh*

lionelhutz

I just picked this up and noticed each weapon has a skill level. Is the skill level to track progress, or does it offer a bonus once you reach a certain level?

Top Bottom