• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

TheSeks said:
Lame as shit. We get them to 9 tickets after they cheese B. Armed A, taken A. B is taken. Fourth set falls after hard fought for B.

Last set, tank sniping from the bridge to B with V OPTIC.

SMH for perk system. They wouldn't be able to do that shit if there was a set of rules and balanced weapons instead of "OH YOU GET BETTER WEAPON POWER OH YOU GET BETTER DEFENSE" bullshit.

Fuck you Call of Duty and fuck your STD infesting numerous FPS that were fine without your shitty perk system. >:| >:| :mad:
if you mean Arica Harbor, bah, you don't need V-Optic to hit that stuff, it just makes it easier. final B is still super easy to hit without it.

TheSeks said:
Sure, if you want to help me with the rest of the insane achievements. :D

Oh, wait, your PS3 is dead. :(

*quietly goes to play BC1 and hope he'll ever get these. *siiigh*
i need to fix that someday...

lionelhutz said:
I just picked this up and noticed each weapon has a skill level. Is the skill level to track progress, or does it offer a bonus once you reach a certain level?
you get bonus EXP for the stars you get, but the weapon itself doesn't improve.

olimpia84

No_Style said:
Olimpia, awesome Conquest games as always. That last Arica Harbour match was a see saw battle like I've never seen before. We'd cap everything and then lose everything in the next 2 minutes and then control just one, then all three again, then none. Craziness!

Indeed it was. The radar looked like a Christmas tree with all the flags flashing and changing colors along with all the motion sensors and enemies spotted. It was a good and fun win.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The Faceless Master said:
if you mean Arica Harbor, bah, you don't need V-Optic to hit that stuff, it just makes it easier. final B is still super easy to hit without it.

It's still bullshit. The defense has to hoof it across the map to take them out or lose.

i need to fix that someday...

With "I am Bad Company!" fixed, you need to do that now so I can have a boosting person. :(

Look at how many I'm missing, man! (Also my dismal KDR since I can't give two damns about KDR in BC1. Funny how as soon as it's in my face in BC2, I worry about living instead of being insane in rounds. :|)

TheSeks

Man, Abu: You weren't kidding about the chopper controls in BC1. I can fly but effectively? Psssh, forget that. It's similar to BC2's "BC1" controls, but you can't "circle strafe" without being thrown for a loop. You have to lead your missile shots (but the missiles reload on a 'cooldown' gauge that could probably be somewhat abused like the Bradley in BC1).

Can't get any kills with it, though and I gotta get five in a round in addition to some other thing for the BC1 chopper emblem. :lol

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I miss my PS3 and BC2... I have a feeling the next time I get to play BF3 will be out. :/

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
No... University is killing me this semester. I'm buried. No end in sight.

And then this entire summer I'm away taking classes at a marine bio facility... living in barracks where you can't bring electronics unless you want them to get stolen when you're out on the boats.

:(

I'll be in your situation this fall/next winder, but not school related. Damn I'm going to miss the launch of BF3, Uncharted 3, and Resistance 3.

TheSeks

Crakatak187 said:
I'll be in your situation this fall/next winder, but not school related. Damn I'm going to miss the launch of BF3, Uncharted 3, and Resistance 3.

One of these things is not like the other two. One of these is not a good series.

(I'll let you figure out which one that one is)

No_Style

TheSeks said:
One of these things is not like the other two. One of these is not a good series.

(I'll let you figure out which one that one is)

It's obviously Uncharted 3. That's a cover based third person shooter. I'm sorry if you don't like it. :p

TheSeks

Crakatak187 said:
I just like games from Insomniac. The only games I didn't enjoy from them is Spyro. It gave me huge headaches back in the day.

Resistance 1's demo did nothing for me.
2 was terrible.
3 is looking to be between the two.

DONOTWANTdog.gif on that one.

Jtrizzy

So I'm finally getting around to finishing all of the trophies, pins, and insignias. I have 20 2.0 kills, knife 5 friends, and headshot with repair tool (can't believe I haven't tried that one yet considering how frequently I'm an engineer)

I've got all pins, but still need the insignias...90 c4 kills, 80 tank mine kills, 200 shotgun kills left to get those.

What are combat excellence pins? How do you get those? Still have to get all weapons bronze to get the all bronze star insignia then I'm done.

Any advice or help? Not sure if I want to spend the time with c4 kills and 2.0 kills, but if there were a decently quick way I'd do it. Also need advice on best shotgun and quickets way with that...

TheSeks

Jtrizzy said:
90 c4 kills, 80 tank mine kills, 200 shotgun kills left to get those.

EZ. Just rig tanks in enemies bases in Conquest or put AT mines near their bases. Or play engineer on Rush defense with AT mines and place them in some non-obvious and obvious places in the road. Two is more than enough to kill a tank.

Shotguns are the annoying ones as the hit detection is random.

What are combat excellence pins? How do you get those? Still have to get all weapons bronze to get the all bronze star insignia then I'm done.

8 killstreak without dying. Tank, Chopperwhore. EZ.

Mully

lionelhutz said:
I just picked this up and noticed each weapon has a skill level. Is the skill level to track progress, or does it offer a bonus once you reach a certain level?

I think it did during the Beta, but it was taken out. Please someone help me out here. I thought your weapon would have increased stats during the Beta each time you starred it.

TheSeks

Mully said:
I think it did during the Beta, but it was taken out. Please someone help me out here. I thought your weapon would have increased stats during the Beta each time you starred it.

o_O Wut? AFAIK, No. It never did.

The only thing they took out from the beta was repairing the crate/M-COMs and maybe one other thing with the repair tool. That's it, AFAIK. Weapons didn't have stars in the PS3 closed beta or the PS3/360/PC Port Valadez Demo/Open "Beta" AFAIK.

Anyway: Good game, J. That chat didn't seem to lag, but it's still awkward as fuck and I wish DICE would implement all/team/squad chat into the PS3 version. :|

Terrorized them on Nelson Bay Rush Defense (tried to get your attention to yell [no mic?] at the shitty teammate that was assault as well to run over and give me his box for faster C4/tree clearing) for that "desert of the real" to where they never get up to A or B except twice at A. C4 (carefully laid) around the trailer to where there is no place to hide.

They then proceed to cheese rocket and boat snipe B Laguna Presa rush first set after taking A. Take B second set. I wasn't having any of that shit.

23 kills
9 deaths or there about

*smooches AN-94 and it's ability to snipe across the map up the "mountain" toward any triangle I lit up on crazy spotting. A few close calls and they armed it once or twice.

J: Don't sit there like a lump if you're disarming. Hold circle, move around the crate/hump the crate with the left stick, don't be a sitting duck. Same for arming.

Also don't stay engineer all the time. If we have two others, we don't need a third, esp. if I'm throwing out motion mines as a recon sniping dick in the front front lines out-of-bound anticking. *gasps for air/ammo*d

Anyway, that Harvest Day tank near the out-of-bounds as I'm sneaking up, you spawn with an engineer teammate. He rockets, taken out. You do "dances with tanks" against it and take it out. They spawn on you, I come up, get M14/wiped out was crazy.

I kept getting out of the tank to try to get you to sit in the gunner and get your combat excellence while I worried about keeping the tank up/alive. You kept sitting in the pilot seat and I'm getting in and out like "GET IN THE OTHER SEAT DAMN IT. >:|" :lol

I didn't experience lag in the PSN chat (yet, I'm sure it'll happen like SSF4/U2/etc.), which was nice. Not sure if my crazy/fast typing and short messages to where (I hoped) it didn't cut it "I NEED AM..." helped you or confused you. :lol

DICE really needs to give me text chat, I fucking swear. :lol

Anyway, yeah: I think we only lost Harvest Day (got to second set, armed disarmed while I'm trying to get my bearings/tank to defend), but won the others. It's fucking CRAZY how we won as the rest of the team was damn near useless in protecting the crates at times, I swear. :|

So it turns out that Stallion Free was playing BC2 , joking about how he was playing with a 360 controller... It got me intrigued and I wanted to try this for the challenge.

Though I soon discovered that he was trollin', so I ran off to Google to search, lo and behold an xPadder M&K->x360-gamepad key-binding exists, complete with Heavy Firing Rumble, and Light Running/Knifing Rumble. After setting up xPadder and importing the controller and binding setup files, all worked smoothly in a test round of BFBC2-PC.

Scoreboard screenshots of me making a fool out of myself against M&K users coming soon...

Pennybags

Cuban Legend said:
So it turns out that Stallion Free was playing BC2 , joking about how he was playing with a 360 controller... It got me intrigued and I wanted to try this for the challenge.

Though I soon discovered that he was trollin', so I ran off to Google to search, lo and behold an xPadder M&K->x360-gamepad key-binding exists, complete with Heavy Firing Rumble, and Light Running/Knifing Rumble. After setting up xPadder and importing the controller and binding setup files, all worked smoothly in a test round of BFBC2-PC.

Scoreboard screenshots of me making a fool out of myself against M&K users coming soon...

Do you ever fly? I'm interested as to how that would turn out with a pad.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I am currently downloading this on steam, if anyone wants to add me my ID is liquidmetal14.

I just built this PC last night and am putting it through its paces.

Menelaus

Banned
Sent Cuban a PM, but how are the vanilla servers doing, player count wise, on the PC? On xbox, I'm lucky to get 12 people in a server total.

I have no interest in Vietnam (have it on xbox, those servers are full).

Menelaus said:
Sent Cuban a PM, but how are the vanilla servers doing, player count wise, on the PC? On xbox, I'm lucky to get 12 people in a server total.

i was just playing full rush and conquest vanilla games on 360. like literally 5 minutes ago.

as far as PC goes, you can see how many people are in a server, so you can easily find a full one anytime.

vixlar

This last days I've been playing in full servers too.

Even, that's a problem for me, because, for some strage reason, I can't create a squad with my friend. I must enter first to the game and then invite him. And if the server is full he can't join. I cannot create a party or a private chat, so we can't syncronize. This happen since the dashboard update. And only happens when I play with him. But if he comes to my house, we can do all of that :-S

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Menelaus said:
Is the hit detection on PC as bad as everyone on Steam makes it out to be? Worse than the 360?
Nope, that's the game + Dice in general. I have never been impressed by their hit-detection in any BF game.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Im having connection issues thats why i havent played BC2 in days.
:(

feel

Menelaus said:

Bad luck on your behalf perhaps, I don't have vietnam and I play in full servers the majority of the time.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Great matches with GAF tonight.
Cheers to ochobit.

abuC

Good games!

Sorry Jtrizzy, the match was pretty much full from start to finish, only one or two spots opened up and it was on the other team.

Menelaus

Banned
Ok, PC-GAF...bought it today, this is my first game, joined 200 tickets into a 700 ticket conquest. Not bragging by any means, but this should be a good indicator that I'm a solid team player =)

(Ragnar Lodbrok), feel free to add me.

YbR7H.jpg

Menelaus said:
Ok, PC-GAF...bought it today, this is my first game, joined 200 tickets into a 700 ticket conquest. Not bragging by any means, but this should be a good indicator that I'm a solid team player =)

(Ragnar Lodbrok), feel free to add me.

http://i.imgur.com/YbR7H.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Join us on the [URL="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399065"]GAF Mumble Server[/URL]. Its what PC-GAF uses to communicate/and or chill out.

abuC

Anyone friends with the Bad Brasil guys? I remember them (vovo-bad-brasil specifically) from BC1, I've noticed they're in our games a lot. I sent Vovo a friend request, those dudes usually roll deep.

TheSeks

abuC said:
Anyone friends with the Bad Brasil guys? I remember them (vovo-bad-brasil specifically) from BC1, I've noticed they're in our games a lot. I sent Vovo a friend request, those dudes usually roll deep.

Nope. Don't think I've ran into them, either.

On Nelson Bay attack gaf needs to attack Bravo first on the last checkpoint more often. Luckily the team we pit against now a days doesn't know swarming Bravo is the best strategy.

Crakatak187 said:
On Nelson Bay attack gaf needs to attack Bravo first on the last checkpoint more often. Luckily the team we pit against now a days doesn't know swarming Bravo is the best strategy.

Same goes for White Pass last base.

Jtrizzy

abuC said:
Yeah I played with them a lot in the beta. Japabadbrasil...I deleted him from my friends list unfortunately. I think we did some farming together lol...point totals to unlock guns were outrageous in the beta so don't hate me.

Nabs

Sanjay said:
Amazingly only died once to Splinters unkillable chopper. FYI Nabs also played in this game!
I just joined to find out why you guys were raging so hard at Spl1nter.

Sanjay

Crakatak187 said:
Did you guys just finished?

Nice ratio.

Yeah that was the first game, we nearly played for 3 hours I would say, that was the only game where we were not all on the same squad because Splinter said he would switch after a death, but he never died.

Nabs said:
I just joined to find out why you guys were raging so hard at Spl1nter.

You mean guy, only Cuban was, he made it personal, he spent the whole game trying to gun Spl1nter down. I gave him my advice to just ignore the chopper as it would be futile trying to take it down and instead just have some fun killing infantry as the game was lost.

Hellcrow

Finally got 500 sniper kill insigna. Taking a huge break from sniping now, so the mortar and marksman insigna can go fuck themselves.

TheSeks

Crakatak187 said:

Same goes for White Pass last base.

Seriously, why the fuck do you think I mark them when anyone is in my squad? I'm showing you the hardest one of the set to take!!

Same for defense. I generally will squad defend A/B to show that one is the hardest to take, DEFEND IT WITH YOUR LIFE DAMN IT. >:|

Top Bottom