• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Crakatak187 said:
I probably won't be playing for 2-3 days. Chinese New Years.

You're Chinese?

JJD is my negative KDR charm, I swear. I join him and GAF on Vanilla die over and over and over to bullshit lag and shotguns.

Join Calion in Vietnam. Positive KDR and barely any lag. :|

TheSeks

Cal and rest of you lovelies: IF THE BUILDING IS <D 2.0> AND ARMED, FUCK IT. DEFEND THE FUCKING ONE IN THE OPEN. ARGHAKJDLJFKADLKFJADLKJFAS*bangs head into keyboard as A is armed, disarmed, armed, disarmed, armed and Cal goes for B instead of A*

Calion

TheSeks said:
Cal and rest of you lovelies: IF THE BUILDING IS <D 2.0> AND ARMED, FUCK IT. DEFEND THE FUCKING ONE IN THE OPEN. ARGHAKJDLJFKADLKFJADLKJFAS*bangs head into keyboard as A is armed, disarmed, armed, disarmed, armed and Cal goes for B instead of A*

I was actually on the other side of the map (Away from the M-COMs) when both were armed. It was frustrating as hell, and the closet crate was the 2.0 one. I did kill 2 enemies there and diffused the M-COM, but still. I had little choice. I understand your frustration though. >_<

TheSeks said:
You're Chinese?

JJD is my negative KDR charm, I swear. I join him and GAF on Vanilla die over and over and over to bullshit lag and shotguns.

Join Calion in Vietnam. Positive KDR and barely any lag. :|
Nope I'm Vietnamese, but we also celebrate Chinese New Years and I use to live in Hong Kong when I was younger.

Happy Chinese New Year Dreamgazer and the rest of GAF.

TheSeks

Mully said:
I'm looking to get this for PC, but more for BF3. Any suggestions relating to a new tower?

Wait for BF3 before upgrading your rig. Just to be on the safe side unless DICE has produced recommended F2.0 sys requires.

Nope I'm Vietnamese,

Ah, so you can tell me what the Viet's are saying in Vietnam. :p

Also since my birth year is the year of the Rabbit and this year is the year of the Rabbit I'm gonna have a good year in rolling people probably. :lol

For anyone suffering from lag, I posted earlier in the thread the IP address ranges for BFBC2's servers in the various regions. By blocking regions outside of what you consider an acceptable ping (just ping the IP ranges to test) you can almost completely eliminate lag. Note that sometimes you will get lag even on local servers; usually that's a precursor to getting kicked from the server and indicates a problem with the server itself.

QN about Magnum Ammo: it's commonly listed as being a damage multiplier (and I know that's what it was at release), but I'm sure Demize99 said that with one of the early balance tweaks that they'd changed it so that Magnum ammo simply moved the range vs damage graph a little further out. If that's truly the way it works then close range damage should be the same for a weapon irrespective of whether you're running with or without Magnum ammo. For example, let's say a weapon normally does it's max damage up to a range of 10m; with magnum ammo that gun might do that max damage up to a range of 15m (i.e. for the first 10m the damage regardless of whether you were running MA would be the same).

Can anyone clear that up? Maybe Fersis could twitter Demize99 on that if not? I'm curious about that because it indicates some situations where armour and magnum ammo don't actually cancel each other out (i.e. armour is the better option at close range).

endlessflood said:
For anyone suffering from lag, I posted earlier in the thread the IP address ranges for BFBC2's servers in the various regions. By blocking regions outside of what you consider an acceptable ping (just ping the IP ranges to test) you can almost completely eliminate lag. Note that sometimes you will get lag even on local servers; usually that's a precursor to getting kicked from the server and indicates a problem with the server itself.

QN about Magnum Ammo: it's commonly listed as being a damage multiplier (and I know that's what it was at release), but I'm sure Demize99 said that with one of the early balance tweaks that they'd changed it so that Magnum ammo simply moved the range vs damage graph a little further out. If that's truly the way it works then close range damage should be the same for a weapon irrespective of whether you're running with or without Magnum ammo. For example, let's say a weapon normally does it's max damage up to a range of 10m; with magnum ammo that gun might do that max damage up to a range of 15m (i.e. for the first 10m the damage regardless of whether you were running MA would be the same).

Can anyone clear that up? Maybe Fersis could twitter Demize99 on that if not? I'm curious about that because it indicates some situations where armour and magnum ammo don't actually cancel each other out (i.e. armour is the better option at close range).
it's a damage multiplier.

it's really easy to see with a weapon like the M14/M1 Garand when you do CQB.

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:

Hasn't it always been a damage multi?

I think they did add a better range to it for long range battles, but I can't say for sure. Honestly, though, I'm so sick of MA but I have to abuse and use it since everyone else does it. *sigh*

TheSeks said:
Hasn't it always been a damage multi?

I think they did add a better range to it for long range battles, but I can't say for sure. Honestly, though, I'm so sick of MA but I have to abuse and use it since everyone else does it. *sigh*
in one of the updates, they changed the base range on some of the weapons so they did they default damage for a longer range.

Cheers for that faceless.

I was sure that Demize specifically said that Magnum Ammo gave you no benefit at close range but maybe he was mistaken, he's posted some stuff that has turned out to be wrong before (e.g. following release he and the other DICE guys claimed that PC and consoles had the same damage before later figuring out that the last minute console damage boost hadn't been applied to the PC).

From what I remember he took out the 25% extra damage modifier so close range damage will be more balanced with the damage drop off increase. I think that's what he meant for upclose balancing.

You should have seen the AN-94 doing 4 bullet kills upclose and 4 long range hahahaha

Crakatak187 said:
From what I remember he took out the 25% extra damage modifier so close range damage will be more balanced with the damage drop off increase. I think that's what he meant for upclose balancing.

You should have seen the AN-94 doing 4 bullet kills upclose and 4 long range hahahaha
yeah, even with the latest nerf, the AN-94 is so accurate that it's still good! M60 kinda sucks though.

That's the strength of the AN-94 alright. It's insane accuracy, the damage in the past was just a huge plus hahaha. The accuracy is so good I didn't give a crap when they nerfed it. I knew the nerf wouldn't deter me from using it.

Now my anti AN-94 would be the XM8. after shooting 2-3 rounds it starts going off course like crazy unlike the M416. Good upclose, but long range it sucked in my opinion.

TheSeks

Nah, iron sighted the XM8 is pretty good. Just needs burst fire.

Calion

Crakatak187 said:
Now my anti AN-94 would be the XM8. after shooting 2-3 rounds it starts going off course like crazy unlike the M416. Good upclose, but long range it sucked in my opinion.

The M416 is very accurate long range if you do 1 shot bursts quickly.

Had some ugly lag last night. Sometimes had trouble running through doors or getting shot around corners. Faceless jumped into our squad on Oasis and even he couldn't help us turn the tide. Had my worst k/d in weeks.

That means tonight is going to be awesome, though, right?

TheSeks

Raide said:
Anyone still playing on 360? Seems everyone is either PS3 or PC currently.

Faceless plays on 360.

Casual Beanbreath plays on 360.

Um... uh... *brain farts for the 3-5 others that play on 360*

TheSeks said:
Faceless plays on 360.

Casual Beanbreath plays on 360.

Um... uh... *brain farts for the 3-5 others that play on 360*
Lol, I accidentally cursed out one of our regular players last night thinking he was one of the randoms in my squad. I suddenly hear "sorry" followed by everyone else in the party laughing, I turn and see who it actually was and shiiiiiiiiiiiii-et. So embarrassing.

bean breath said:
Lol, I accidentally cursed out one of our regular players last night thinking he was one of the randoms in my squad. I suddenly hear "sorry" followed by everyone else in the party laughing, I turn and see who it actually was and shiiiiiiiiiiiii-et. So embarrassing.
It happens hahaha

I cursed at one of GAF before and heard the same reply. It wasn't by accident though, pure frustration.

UFRA

Crakatak187 said:
Nope I'm Vietnamese, but we also celebrate Chinese New Years and I use to live in Hong Kong when I was younger.

Happy Chinese New Year Dreamgazer and the rest of GAF.

Happy Chinese New Year man. Had no idea you were Vietnamese!

Yeah I don't like my social culture so I don't talk about it. It's so backwards. People get shunned by a whole community for a stupid reason.

adamsappel said:
Had some ugly lag last night. Sometimes had trouble running through doors or getting shot around corners. Faceless jumped into our squad on Oasis and even he couldn't help us turn the tide. Had my worst k/d in weeks.

That means tonight is going to be awesome, though, right?
man, the tide was turned... then our team decided to play TDM instead of CQ!

bean breath said:
oh wow, i missed this huh!?

TheSeks

Lag deaths Lag deaths.

SMH when I fire on a dude, get locked and then drop in a fire fight and he has 1% HP left. SMH.

Even further hate when I fire directly/circle dead on a dude, get no hit marker and then die to him firing on me with the shotguns. Utter bullshit.

man, the tide was turned... then our team decided to play TDM instead of CQ!

oh wow, i missed this huh!?
Yes, not my proudest moment.

I started off the night by letting everyone know right off the bat that I was going to be useless (instead of letting them find out throughout the course of the night, lol). I told them I was going to go recon, camp within line-of-sight of an mcom, and snipe armers on defense and disarmers on attacking.

Worked out pretty good on Laguna and Phu Bai. The incident in question happened on Hastings Attack second set. I was up on the wooden bridge, crouched behind the railing overlooking Bravo. After destroying the building with a mortar so I could see the mcom, a random engineer in my squad spawns on me and right away opens up his smg shooting at I don't know what. In my mind I'm already cursing this guy. A moment later, Acktung, who I thought was the engineer earlier, spawns on me and shoots an rpg. I don't even remember which specific expletives I said, it was like a stream of consciousness rant, but thinking he was the random I say something along the lines of, "Man, stop fucking giving away my position, asshole."

Felt like crap, tried joking around afterwards when we were in a tank,
"Hey Ack, can you turn the radio off, you're giving away our postion."
Everyone else got the joke except him and he said,
"How do I do that?"
JEEEEZ, stop making me feel like shit!

Joined in on ejas' game today, started out on Nelson Bay last base B.
We successfully defended it, go onto Laguna Presa.

Successfully defended base 1 for awhile, until most of their team ragequit and left with 3 people (1 idiot and 2 MKs guy). Eventually more people joined in, we lose first base - sekoku and olimpia rage quit, bunch of randoms join in - lose game.

Then the messages started coming in, and I was quite surprised (since I didn't play against these guys last time):
"Where's your f***ing pussy clan now is really reasy vs 3 tell all those motherfuckers to get in bunch of cowards".

I message: " I have no control on people ragequiting on either teams"

repeat "get them in" "I can't order people" x3.

then we lost the attack round, and I'm leaving during valdez cause ambiguously-intimate-girlfriend calls >.>.

Told them they can organize something if they want to play with full GAF, although that still isn't within my realm of control.

I would normally be mad, but the events today are sort of amusing to me. Sorry.

TheSeks

Dreamgazer said:
Successfully defended base 1 for awhile, until most of their team ragequit and left with 3 people (1 idiot and 2 MKs guy). Eventually more people joined in, we lose first base - sekoku and olimpia rage quit, bunch of randoms join in - lose game.

Those more people are MKs people. They waited until we were 10 tickets left before getting their asses in and then flooding us. Fuck that, that round was ours.

Also "pussy clan" is hilarious as IIRC they basically sat in their base during Arica Harbor Rush when I joined their side.

YOU MAD guys?

TheSeks

Calion82v said:
My game froze as soon as the 2nd set was lost. >_<

We lost anyway because randoms can't fucking defend. :| I tried to get out there to start mowing trees down, enemy team floods first set. Can't do anything. Flood second set. Can't do anything. Destroy house. Flood A, then flood toward B.

I'm done for tonight. Tonight's been nothing but losses (with some wins to balance it) and lag deaths and shots. Stupid. :/

Jas

Was having connection issues all night. I think I spent just as much time at the squad screen screen as I did in games. "We can not find any games" all night long even when rebooting the game. It gets incredibly frustrating when you're trying to get a few people into the same game.

Sorry Calion not sure what was going on. I even rebooted my game before I sent that last invite.

Dreamgazer said:
Joined in on ejas' game today, started out on Nelson Bay last base B.

This game was fun. It was 4 vs 7 until the calvary (dreamgazer, Olympia, and Seks) showed up. Ended up being 8 vs 8 and we hold them.

Calion

TheSeks said:
We lost anyway because randoms can't fucking defend. :| I tried to get out there to start mowing trees down, enemy team floods first set. Can't do anything. Flood second set. Can't do anything. Destroy house. Flood A, then flood toward B.

I'm done for tonight. Tonight's been nothing but losses (with some wins to balance it) and lag deaths and shots. Stupid. :/

Same. I did my best to do some gardening, but it was useless against the flood. Oh well. Atleast that previous Laguna game was decent Seks. : /

TheSeks

Calion82v said:
Same. I did my best to do some gardening, but it was useless against the flood. Oh well. Atleast that previous Laguna game was decent Seks. : /

That Laguna Presa game was pretty much won by me throwing the Bradley toward B and hoping to catch the disarms. They were flooding everywhere. Crazy.

Calion

TheSeks said:
That Laguna Presa game was pretty much won by me throwing the Bradley toward B and hoping to catch the disarms. They were flooding everywhere. Crazy.

Yeah, I noticed you wrecking havoc with the Bradley. It helped out a great deal.

Ugh, just got out of a game where the random squad I joined was cheating. On Arica Harbor Conquest, they were all down by A spawn by the river, and at first when I got in, I wasn't aware of anything wrong until I noticed the two differently-uniformed Medics. I shot one of them, then another of their buddies killed me and then I kept getting revived and killed. I managed to kill a couple of them, but I must have lost a dozen lives. I don't even understand the point. I reported & filed complaints on them (one even turned out to have a Nazi motto and bio) and joined their party to talk to them. Bunch of stupid kids, surprise, surprise.

Once I got out, it was nice to turn it around and win the game.

TheSeks

Dear BDMoNk,

Nice driving. Dumbass.

No love,
Me.

Dreamgazer said:
Beware, some moron out there has warned me that he is going to hunt down everyone with a GAF tag.

Was this one of those butthurt MDS or whatever clan people?

I find it hilarious how we're a "legit clan" when the tag is just to identify people. *shrug*

Hide your children!

Pfft. Just means Abu needs to steal the chopper and I need to step my chopper game up.

Dreamgazer said:
Beware, some moron out there has warned me that he is going to hunt down everyone with a GAF tag.

Hide your children!
That means I'm off the hook, I'm just a no good money grubbing mercenary for gaf.

Hurray!

Seriously that guy is too mad. We never really got that response from AOD or Mafia. I do miss Mafia when they use to roll deep. At least they stayed after an ass beating.

Top Bottom