• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Crakatak187 said:
That means I'm off the hook, I'm just a no good money grubbing mercenary for gaf.

Hurray!

Seriously that guy is too mad. We never really got that response from AOD or Mafia. I do miss Mafia when they use to roll deep. At least they stayed after an ass beating.

If Dream's talking about the last few games just a few minutes ago MDK or whatever wasn't there. It was some other public people.

He mad, though.

My goal since I've hit 50 now is to at least fly the chopper non-shitty (and help Cal get his Platinum). I think Onslaught is calling me...

TheSeks said:
If Dream's talking about the last few games just a few minutes ago MDK or whatever wasn't there. It was some other public people.

He mad, though.

My goal since I've hit 50 now is to at least fly the chopper non-shitty (and help Cal get his Platinum). I think Onslaught is calling me...

This was with ejas before you joined back in.
Not sure if it's any particular clan though (clan tag don't show for messages, and I got it after I left the game.)

adamsappel said:
Ugh, just got out of a game where the random squad I joined was cheating. On Arica Harbor Conquest, they were all down by A spawn by the river, and at first when I got in, I wasn't aware of anything wrong until I noticed the two differently-uniformed Medics. I shot one of them, then another of their buddies killed me and then I kept getting revived and killed. I managed to kill a couple of them, but I must have lost a dozen lives. I don't even understand the point. I reported & filed complaints on them (one even turned out to have a Nazi motto and bio) and joined their party to talk to them. Bunch of stupid kids, surprise, surprise.

Once I got out, it was nice to turn it around and win the game.
that sounds hilarious!

meppi

Dreamgazer said:
Beware, some moron out there has warned me that he is going to hunt down everyone with a GAF tag.

Hide your children!

Hmm, this actually makes me want to put the tag back up.
He'll probably rape me though if I continue to play like yesterday. :-/

Well Gaf did wanted notoriety, you guys got threats now. I'm proud of you guys, I'm looking forward to that guy hunting down every PS3 BFBC2 gaf player down.

Crakatak187 said:
Well Gaf did wanted notoriety, you guys got threats now. I'm proud of you guys, I'm looking forward to that guy hunting down every PS3 BFBC2 gaf player down.

Hey, if it means that he won't rage quit on us.......all the merrier.

No_Style

Dreamgazer said:
Beware, some moron out there has warned me that he is going to hunt down everyone with a GAF tag.

Hide your children!

The unofficial leader of the so called GAF clan gets threats! How perfect is that?

burnfout said:
Do you guys use a 360 friend of friends account?
GAF BFBC2

TheSeks said:
So, business as usual, then?
nah, people actually fight back sometimes.

i think the only game we lost last night was one we joined mid-game. the very next game? quitting resumes!

the funniest moment of the night was on Nelson Bay. (cue to mid-game) there was one dude left attacking (he was a real trooper), the forest was clear and these other clan dudes we didn't know were on defense with us... so we switched teams to the attackers and won... then the poor dude who was the lone attacker gets autobalanced onto the attacking team again because he wasn't in a squad!

they actually ended up getting more people and even pushing us back to the final set (lol @ 2nd set "THEY ARMED ALPHA, WHO'S AT ALPHA?") before we held the line and slowly worked all the way up in their spawn, pillaging them until they quit again :(

gnat_

Are the servers down? I login for the first time in months to get the PS3 Onslaught trophies, and whenever I try to join a game (any mode, any level), it says:

No games available at this moment. We couldn't find any games, Please try again.

Anyone else getting this? It's 10:40am EST on 2/5.

olimpia84

No_Style said:
Great Conquest matches Olimpia, Seks and MassaBR. So happy that the opponent never quit.

Yeah, good games. They never had a chance against us so I'm surprised they lasted for that long.

Dreamgazer said:
Successfully defended base 1 for awhile, until most of their team ragequit and left with 3 people (1 idiot and 2 MKs guy). Eventually more people joined in, we lose first base - sekoku and olimpia rage quit, bunch of randoms join in - lose game.

lol I didn't rage quit, I had to go because dinner was ready and it was getting cold. Those are the matches that I love playing, I wish I could play those idiots again. And I honestly thought you guys would beat them; the only reason they got the first set is because we were all bored out of our minds trying to snipe them and all of the sudden the rest of their clan joined and took us by surprise. At that point I was like fuck it I need to go and eat something (plus I was on the game for about 4 hours straight...time for a rest too!)

meppi

Aarg damn crashes. :(
And just as we were about to win the game too...

Guess I can just as well make some dinner now. ;)
Great games guys. Was on a bit of a heli/tankbuster trip today. Not to mention pumping enough bullets into ATVs so they would create some nice fireworks. :D

Calion

Good games Rock, Olympia, and meppi. We pretty much rolled every round.

TheSeks said:

I think I have about ~40 more kills until my Air vehicles platinum. You'll probably be piloting when I get it. : D

TheSeks

Calion82v said:
I think I have about ~40 more kills until my Air vehicles platinum. You'll probably be piloting when I get it. : D

Just need a blackhawk and apache and idiot defenders. ;) I sometimes worry I screw you up when I throw the helicopter out of balance/trying to adjust and recorrect to make another pass.

Calion

TheSeks said:
Just need a blackhawk and apache and idiot defenders. ;) I sometimes worry I screw you up when I throw the helicopter out of balance/trying to adjust and recorrect to make another pass.

That should be relatively easy. 80% of the teams we face are clueless defenders. From my experience so far, you seem to be doing fine. So no worries on your end sir.

Rorschach

Anyone need an onslaught mode code for 360? I never used mine and I hate the community of this game so fucking much I tossed the game.

TheSeks

Calion82v said:
That should be relatively easy. 80% of the teams we face are clueless defenders. From my experience so far, you seem to be doing fine. So no worries on your end sir.

I can keep it up. It's just being deadly/moving and strafing that's the problem. :lol

I got shitted on and kicked out of the gaf warhawk clan as a gaf lurker without even having the opportunity to play a single game on the team, nor communicate with anyone. I then went on a rampage, played for the most dominate clan, etc.

2 options bfbc2 gaf. Tell me where the games are and who actively plays and has mics, or feel the wrath of the Barrett descend upon you.

:)

TheSeks

Cal: Hence, I can fly. But not well.

Take the anti-air down, forget the timing of the respawn. Get shot in the ass trying to get back to it. Fuuuuck.

2 kills
11 deaths that round. Fffffuck.

Tell me where the games are and who actively plays and has mics,

1) Anyone that is playing, join them.
2) No one uses mics because I'm a cripple and as such it's useless on me. For the others, they probably curse and call each other names (or insult me and my disability) during games.

Calion

TheSeks said:

Take the anti-air down, forget the timing of the respawn. Get shot in the ass trying to get back to it. Fuuuuck.

2 kills

Fuck that round. Manny flew like he was trying to get the get the "Air kill" trophy (swooping down, trying to run people over with the chopper ((WTF))). I was already considering bailing out, but after you told me to it was enough incentive. I need to start trying to take the VADS before I get in the chopper, so that's my fault.

TheSeks said:
2) No one uses mics because I'm a cripple and as such it's useless on me. For the others, they probably curse and call each other names (or insult me and my disability) during games.

Dude, we wouldn't do that. : (

TheSeks

I dunno who MannyRameriez2006 is, but I've run across him in GAF games lately and he's... shitty. I'm not sure if he's a friend of Rock or Ejas or what, but he uses the tanks and helicopters pretty badly (and I say that as a shitty helicopter pilot). Anytime he gets in one, I back the fuck away.

It doesn't help that I was getting shot all over the place for my KDR was up and down either. Annoying. I'd see a tank, fire at it. Damage it, get taken out because they notice me only for someone else to get them or wait until I die AGAIN to notice. *siiigh*

olimpia84

TheSeks said:
I dunno who MannyRameriez2006 is, but I've run across him in GAF games lately and he's... shitty. I'm not sure if he's a friend of Rock or Ejas or what, but he uses the tanks and helicopters pretty badly (and I say that as a shitty helicopter pilot). Anytime he gets in one, I back the fuck away.

No offense but you and Cal (I think) performed the same on that Atacama Rush round today. I'm still trying to figure out why you guys were waiting for the chopper to spawn.....we were short by two people so the last thing we needed is to have a chopper in the air, besides the MCOM we needed to arm was inside the wrecked ship so it's not like you can shoot at enemies when they were trying to disarm.

That match was so fucking frustrating because the other team was so bad and we could have easily won with more support. Rock and I did 90% of the work, we managed to arm B like 6 times but didn't have any help because the rest of the team was useless and because you guys were too damn busy flying the chopper.

Raide

I am so rubbish as flying helicopters. :D I much prefer being on the ground getting shot at while I revive people.

Raide said:
I am so rubbish as flying helicopters. :D I much prefer being on the ground getting shot at while I revive people.

Ditto. Though my Blackhawk piloting abilities are improving! -- I'm staying away from attack choppers, even as a gunner I suck.

Raide

BrLvgThrChmstry said:
Ditto. Though my Blackhawk piloting abilities are improving! -- I'm staying away from attack choppers, even as a gunner I suck.

I always get the pilot who gives the gunners utterly awful angles to shoot from. I spend more time rotating the camera than actually shooting people. Then we get shot down. Or the pilot bails out...

PedYup

Lots of fun games with Gaffers yesterday. Two very close call games at Isla Inocentes and Nelson Bay winning with 4 and 6 tickets left.
Two Battlefield moments:
I joined a Laguna Presa game with Danthaman, Ejas,... as attackers. At 4th set the defenders got the Bradley near the remaining MCom. I arm the MCom with C4 and got shot running for safety. Moments later the C4 got detonated taking out the Bradley with its crew and the squad disarming the MCom, points messages start piling up, a lot of deaths, a lot of squad bonuses and finishing with the MCom bonus totaling over 900 points in a single event.
The other one was hilarious. I join Ejas and Manny squad at Arica Harboor as attackers. Manny Abrams got stuck in the bridge, Ejas suggested using an RPG to push it. I decided to give it a try with C4, I applied it to the side of the tank and blow it. It certainly worked as it tipped the tank over the bridge edge and it fell to the water channel below. I laughed so hard that my abs hurt. Sorry guys next time I promise to put the C4 on the other side of the tank.

BrLvgThrChmstry said:
sorry to Whoever was in the Blackhawk with me on Isla. I dropped the controller :|
GGs though!
Don´t worry pal.

TheSeks said:
I find amazing you can play so well without audio clues. Sometimes I got the audio bug losing all sound ingame and you are aware the many audio clues the game gives, C4 in the tanks, steps behind your back (followed by a quick shotgun in the face and a little teabagging for the LOLs), etc.

TheSeks said:

Manny is a friend of Ejas, I think he is a pretty competent player.

olimpia84 said:
No offense but you and Cal (I think) performed the same on that Atacama Rush round today. I'm still trying to figure out why you guys were waiting for the chopper to spawn.....we were short by two people so the last thing we needed is to have a chopper in the air, besides the MCOM we needed to arm was inside the wrecked ship so it's not like you can shoot at enemies when they were trying to disarm.

That match was so fucking frustrating because the other team was so bad and we could have easily won with more support. Rock and I did 90% of the work, we managed to arm B like 6 times but didn't have any help because the rest of the team was useless and because you guys were too damn busy flying the chopper.
Ugh, that Atacama round, arming, got killed, arming, got killed........ we were able to win finally.

olimpia84

PedYup said:
Ugh, that Atacama round, arming, got killed, arming, got killed........ we were able to win finally.

You're probably referring to a different round because we ended up losing that one (second set, B)

olimpia84

BrLvgThrChmstry said:

I usuallly try to stay away from choppers because I feel like I'm not contributing anything (and besides I'm not that great of a pilot anyways). I'm very aggressive towards objectives so if I'm playing Rush I'll try to be the first one to sneak by the base and set the mcom as soon as I can (to avoid the enemy setting up) and if I'm playing Conquest I'll run to the closest uncapped flag (LW pack FTW).

But still, it's always useful to have a good pilot (hi abuC) that can clean up and make way for you.

TheSeks said:

2 kills

I'd never do that man. What's your psn?

my PSN is soundahfekz, everyone who's still active post yours so I can add you. It sucks not having a consistent team to play with. Teamwork makes this game rise to heaven.

TheSeks

Damn. Still can't strafe worth a damn. Get speed, but can't keep it balanced. Hey, Dubbed PM me your control settings.

At least I'm starting to level up a bit. Maybe now I won't look so dismal and be able to catch the VADS like I was attempting to do yesterday before getting caught in the ass on it respawning. FFFFF.

Olimpia said:
m still trying to figure out why you guys were waiting for the chopper to spawn

Cal needs air kills. I'm trying to learn the attack chopper (even though I'm not really great, I'm better than most public people out there). Didn't expect them to stay on VADS 24/7, as generally in Atacama I can generally keep the chopper up with Cal while attempting to learn.

Besides, didn't we win like the previous 4-5 rounds? I figured we were gonna be okay. *shrug* Not a huge deal, but Manny steals it while I take the first VADS out I'm like "Nice going, douche." Get up in the air, start trying to learn/doing circles and they got a lucky tracer on me (no smoke FFFFFF) to where it took me out instead of me staying in the air and making sure Cal/myself took the anti-airs out.

I had V ARMOR on instead of V Smoke which screwed me up. :/

Jas

TheSeks said:

He's a friend of mine and I'd take him as my pilot/driver over anyone, meh.

Olimpia84 said:

I"ll say this as part of the useless portion of that team, you're absolutely right.

PedYup said:
The other one was hilarious. I join Ejas and Manny squad at Arica Harboor as attackers. Manny Abrams got stuck in the bridge, Ejas suggested using an RPG to push it. I decided to give it a try with C4, I applied it to the side of the tank and blow it. It certainly worked as it tipped the tank over the bridge edge and it fell to the water channel below. I laughed so hard that my abs hurt. Sorry guys next time I promise to put the C4 on the other side of the tank.

Highlight of the day for me.

TheSeks

soundahfekz said:
I'd never do that man. What's your psn?

Add Evolved1 or Dreamgazer, they're the PSN BC2 GAF friendslist.

Edit: Geez, no wonder Atacama Onslaught is bad for practice, it's reverse from Rush. :| Keep hitting the boat as I'm circling counter clockwise on that map.

Wow, the Havoc is more loose than the Hin-D and Apache combined. WTF. :/

Need to step my game up for air-to-air, no where near ready for that.

Top Bottom