• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

UFRA

Seks, you may get your wish.

I planned out my schedule for GDC and I will be attending one of the DICE lectures on BF3's lighting.

I'll be sure and let them know that I represent the whole community of GAF and ask that they fix the frostbite freeze for BF3. :p lol

UFRA said:

I planned out my schedule for GDC and I will be attending one of the DICE lectures on BF3's lighting.

I'll be sure and let them know that I represent the whole community of GAF and ask that they fix the frostbite freeze for BF3. :p lol
Make sure you call them out to a match on PS3 and circle strafe them into oblivion with you and Abuc on Oasis.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
UFRA said:

AND TEXT CHHHHHHHAAAAAAT. *cough*

I'm not asking for much, DICE. It's not like I'm asking for Keyboard and mouse like UT3 PS3. Just a chat function. :|

Xux

Woot woot got that Melee Efficiency Pin finally in some SDM on Vantage Point. Only need the roadkill one and the Squad Rush Winner one and I have the whole set!

TheSeks

Xux said:
Woot woot got that Melee Efficiency Pin finally in some SDM on Vantage Point. Only need the roadkill one and the Squad Rush Winner one and I have the whole set!

Roadkill: Arica Rush against idiots with the Humvee. Seriously. First set. Three kills. Doesn't need to be back-to-back-to-back. You can die. Just three.

Squad Rush, good luck with that one. You need non-randoms for it and I ain't volunteering for it.

UFRA

Ok I guess it looks like I won't be able to call out DICE at GDC. :(

Looks like I'm about 99% likely to be getting the new job, and during the week I need to go in for some final testing. Such a downer, I know!! lol

The cool thing is, Sony still let me keep the $200 cash they gave in order to help pay for taxi fare and food.

UFRA

TheSeks said:
You can't postpone the test?

Nope, they want to get going on it right away. Part of it includes medical testing, which the results will take a couple weeks to get back. The sooner they get going the sooner I get into the new position.

It's all good. Not a bad trade-off. Can't go to GDC, but I get a new job lol.

UFRA said:
Nope, they want to get going on it right away. Part of it includes medical testing, which the results will take a couple weeks to get back. The sooner they get going the sooner I get into the new position.

It's all good. Not a bad trade-off. Can't go to GDC, but I get a new job lol.

Giving up GDC so you can be an Occupational Hypnotherapist? So not worth it.

TheSeks

If it's just medical testing, it can't wait the week really?

I mean, it weird they want it so early and aren't flexible.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
JM... is that really what you do, or is dream just being funny?

UFRA

TheSeks said:
If it's just medical testing, it can't wait the week really?

I mean, it weird they want it so early and aren't flexible.

That's how law enforcement is. :p

It's not just medical testing, but that's the one that takes the longest to get results back.

With budget shortages the way they are right now for many departments, they tend to move the process along pretty fast once you are approved. They don't like to risk having a sudden cut issue and lose the position.

I've been working for the state for the past few years, and the budget issues cause a lot of problems with hiring. One time we had a supervisor position 'frozen' for almost a year just due to shortages. Someone was actually about to get hired for it and then the state froze it. So they like to get people in ASAP lol.

Another example is that the State Patrol has been on a generalized hiring freeze since about 2008. They have not had any hiring process since then. It's pretty crazy.

Edit: @ reckless - No, if you click my profile that's what it says. It's more or less a joke in reference to the movie Office Space. ;)

UFRA said:
Have a seat, have a seat. Tell me about your feelings.

So I feel like this new state job I'm getting is grossly under paying me. The commute isn't that bad, but I don't feel like I'm learning much other than the usual excel stuff. The IRS and several other accounting firms are going to start recruiting people again in a few months, and I'm tempted to just jump ship for a better pay.

However, at the same time the staff here is nice and I don't fee like you should be burning bridges 2-3 months into a job.

What should I do Dr. UFRA?

UFRA

Dreamgazer said:
So I feel like this new state job I'm getting is grossly under paying me. The commute isn't that bad, but I don't feel like I'm learning much other than the usual excel stuff. The IRS and several other accounting firms are going to start recruiting people again in a few months, and I'm tempted to just jump ship for a better pay.

However, at the same time the staff here is nice and I don't fee like you should be burning bridges 2-3 months into a job.

What should I do Dr. UFRA?

My son, you should follow your heart.

That will be $300 for the session.

TheSeks

UFRA said:
My son, you should follow your heart.

That will be $300 for the session.

More like he should look at Ms. December's "secret garden" a little too closely again and lose another eye.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
TheSeks said:
Where the fuck is everyone? Get your asses on so we aren't playing Uneven Teams 2: Electric Boogaloo.
Im having connection issues so i cant play online.
Ill try later to see if its fixed.

I recently discovered an interesting BC2 Frag movie... thought you guys in here might appreciate it too.

Contains: Sweet skill shots and some funny bits as well, nice editing and sound mixing and matching too.

Though i feel as though I might have seen it long ago as I noticed I might have remembered one particular scene from the blooper reel at the end. :)

UFRA

TheSeks said:
More like he should look at Ms. December's "secret garden" a little too closely again and lose another eye.

I need to get this out for the appropriate response:
01laugh.gif

I'm downloading Vanilla BC2 now for the first time. I know it's a bit late in the game for a noob, but please feel free to add me (profile name: "UrielSynthesis"). I've never gotten into Steam multiplayer games much until recently so I have no Steam friends :/. If it's possible to play regularly with a good pool of players I'll pick up Vietnam too.

TheSeks

Uh-huh. Join Rock's game. His team is losing to my team's defense. He kills me twice (fuck shotguns), ragequits around 5 tickets left. We win. Next game, spawn as recon. We take first set after I proceed to own people in the face with the GOL at their base. Get knifed.

DERP What's the response to someone owning with a class? DERP HERP EVERYONE LET'S BE THAT CLASS.

Cue us not taking the second set because everyone and their mother had to go recon instead of pushing while I snuck around and popped people as required. SMH Randoms.

LaserBuddha said:
I'm downloading Vanilla BC2 now for the first time. I know it's a bit late in the game for a noob, but please feel free to add me (profile name: "UrielSynthesis"). I've never gotten into Steam multiplayer games much until recently so I have no Steam friends :/. If it's possible to play regularly with a good pool of players I'll pick up Vietnam too.
I'll ad you man, steam name is "Mr Nightman", me and a buddy that is also a member here play it pretty regularly, we could show you the ropes and all :)

Evolved1

I might be playing a bunch the next couple weeks... most of my exams are over and little classwork to do before spring break.

Pretty stoked.

Mr Nightman said:
I'll ad you man, steam name is "Mr Nightman", me and a buddy that is also a member here play it pretty regularly, we could show you the ropes and all :)

Thanks. Still a while to go before the download finishes, but I'll be on tonight.

TheSeks

HOLY SHIT.

*looks at leaked Battlefield 3 screenshots*

DEM GRAPHICS. If that isn't concept art: HOLY SHIT. Sandbox just got huge.

http://www.battlefield3.nl/

Evolved1

TheSeks said:
HOLY SHIT.

*looks at leaked Battlefield 3 screenshots*

DEM GRAPHICS. If that isn't concept art: HOLY SHIT. Sandbox just got huge.

http://www.battlefield3.nl/

Most impressive thing to me is the animation. They've always been great 'down the gun' but their experience with mirror's edge is bleeding into BF3 with first person body stuff.

Really, really amazing. Gun sway in BF3 is crazy good too... they're the industry leaders as far as gunsway/handling imo and getting even better.

Mr Nightman said:
Would your name happen to be just Ares? if soo I already added you lol

Nope, it's UrielSynthesis. Haven't gotten an invite.

EDIT: Well, the account name is laserbuddha, and the "profile name" in UrielSynthesis, if that matters.

LaserBuddha said:
Nope, it's UrielSynthesis. Haven't gotten an invite.

EDIT: Well, the account name is laserbuddha, and the "profile name" in UrielSynthesis, if that matters.
there, urielsynthesis wasnt working, but laserbuddha did, request sent

Good games with JTrizzy. Randoms were actually decent though JTrizzy and I did the most work. Man they are timid. Hardly any motion mines. Smh. Heavy metal with randoms who dont know what they are doing sucks. Bailed after one round of that and played Arica Harbor instead.

TheSeks said:

You still haven't figured out that's a joke? :p
Although my eyes are still hurting from the actual cut...need to have it checked out.

I'll be on and off for the remainder of the month. Until everything with new job is sorted.

TheSeks

So, it's Bad Company 2's launch/one year anniversary. Finally sat down and platinumed it. WTF at the ending. Taking a Modern Warfare 2 approach and just leaving it hanging. Watch Bad Company 3 do nothing about the stolen gold from Bad Company 1 or
invading Russians!
of 2.

Dreamgazer said:
You still haven't figured out that's a joke? :p

I know it's a joke
, do you know it was a joke?

Calion

So, I finally finished DS2, just in time for mine and BC2's birthday. I'll certainly play a handful of games after work today. : D

PedYup

TheSeks said:
Uh-huh. Join Rock's game. His team is losing to my team's defense. He kills me twice (fuck shotguns), ragequits around 5 tickets left.

That´s no ragequitting, it´s common sense-quitting, there is no way I´m gonna endure another round in a team full of braindead snipers picking their noses at the back of our base. Thanks, but no thanks.

sk3tch

Thanks for all the C4 tips a page or two back - I've been using it extensively over the past few days and man...it really adds a new wrinkle to the game after playing it xxxx hours. :) I have started to become really really aggressive which I think trips out the randoms I play with because I'm all ghillied up but then I have a 12 round USAS-12 shotgun barrelling down on them and C4 suiciding on their vehicles. :)

I had my best round ever (I'm pretty much a 1:1 K/D guy, not super great or anything) with this setup!

(click to enlarge)

It's the closest thing to "Rambo" in this game, I think. Since you can take out anything by just flanking (i.e. tanks). Combined with the Recon's motion balls I don't think it's too "selfish" of a way to play, either...I mean I'm still defending bases/attacking. Plus when you see a full house you can C4 that shiz from an adjacent building. That is fun.

TheSeks

PedYup said:
That´s no ragequitting, it´s common sense-quitting, there is no way I´m gonna endure another round in a team full of braindead snipers picking their noses at the back of our base. Thanks, but no thanks.

Funny enough, Me and Hunting's team turned into that after you left on Harvest Day after the first set. Annoying.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
I had a somewhat amusing encounter with a pair of idiots a few days back. It was the 24/7 Heavy Metal server I typically play on, whose admins typically prohibit turbine-camping, but with no admins on, nobody paid attention to any server rules. These two guys on the other team did it once, which I would not normally pay any mind. However, just minutes after they were initially dispatched, I happen to see a Blackhawk heading to the same turbine, where it stops overhead, and the same two people bail onto the turbine. OK, maybe they think nobody noticed. I do mention it over chat, but nobody seems to care at the moment, and as with the first time, they are killed in moments. Does this deter them? I suppose the dozen or more times they again attempted this on the same turbine afterward implies that it did not. Since my team was already winning by a lot, I made a game of trying to shoot down their Blackhawk before it could reach the turbine. Alternatively, I would ping them with tracer darts when they peeked over the side and then fire a Gustav rocket at them. All the while I was berating their incredible stupidity over chat even as they continued to do the same thing over and over and over again. The sad thing is that they couldn't even pull off a >1 KDR. I stayed for one more round, and was not surprised to see a Hind slowly pulling over a turbine. Needless to say, their team lost that round too.

I played a lot of this game last night. It's so awesome I've just bought Vietnam and the SPECTAT kit.

OMG, the SOUND in this game is amazing.

TheSeks

You're buying a PC over a PS3?! :( You really don't love me anymore, Faceless! *runs out of the room crying*

TheSeks

Cuban Legend said:
GET SOME
of that 64 player action on PC bro ;)

MEET ME
and hire me so I can get the cash for said PC:(
SOMEWHERE.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Wait what ? Come on guys get it for PS3!

Ill be playing later tonight.

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
GIMME AN
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3pTK8EvES0
ADDRESS

That is pretty bad quality, man. Can barely tell what's going on in the game.

Top Bottom