• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Fersis said:
Wait what ? Come on guys get it for PS3!

Ill be playing later tonight.

Hey, sorry about immediately dropping from that conquest match. I was dead tired, I don't even know why I bothered picking up the controller. My sleep cycle is fubar'd.

Edit: GGs ejas, dan, and Fersis. Had to leave thanks to an influx of Laaaaaaaaaaag.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Calion... didn't crash the helicopter! :eek:!

He stole it, I spawned on gunner to mow two dudes down. I start to go for the bradley and I'm like "WTF, YOU'RE GOING THE WRONG" (he lands) "GODDAMN IT, YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE PRACTICING AND SO FAR YOU HAVEN'T CRASHED! YOU LANDED!" (mumble grumble, fly and harass them for third and forth set)

Also MP-443 Platinumed. Dime to the MP-412/(w)Rex to be platinumed, Shepard.

*Though, I'll still use Craig's Bond's gun forever. Sogood.gif*

@Faceless: It's too blurry. I dunno. Off-screen works better if you capture it in darkness. But then again, as the "visual" person of GAF, I get driven bonkers by having trouble seeing things/blurry cams.

Had to leave thanks to an influx of Laaaaaaaaaaag.

You weren't the only one. I played with someone non-GAF on my friends list and had massive lag (but we pulled it two-three times and only lost once). Joined Cal on White Pass. Massive lag and randoms not defending/attacking (I pretty much had to play: Call of Battlefield: TheSeks Do Everything 2), to where we lose third set after I steal the Apache there because fucking randoms don't push. Ragequit and join you guys and Cal joins and we roll and roll and roll.

You guys leave, leaving JJD, Cal and I on Port Valadez. We hold them (and I get like 4-5 two-shot MP-412 Rex kills, Faceless be proud! I'm learning it!) off on defense and roll them on attack after Cal steals the helicopter and I pilot it after he safely lands it.

Calion

Trollface.png

TheSeks

Calion82v said:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_JImUiFkzDtQ/TVQe8iewObI/AAAAAAAAAik/DPhwBtgGTWU/s400/Trollface.png[

:lol I know, I said we'd do it and you actually got the helicopter after I went to arm B and help JJD thinking they'd probably take the helicopter and got sniped.

I'm still surprised you landed it safely and all that. You really should LEARN, man. You aren't as bad as you make yourself appear to be. It's just practice and learning to balance the helicopter and learn pressure/GTFO when under fire and all that.

I say that as a pretty shitty pilot, though. Can't seem to spin as fast as the "pros" do.

Calion

TheSeks said:
Calion... didn't crash the helicopter! :eek:!

He stole it, I spawned on gunner to mow two dudes down. I start to go for the bradley and I'm like "WTF, YOU'RE GOING THE WRONG" (he lands) "GODDAMN IT, YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE PRACTICING AND SO FAR YOU HAVEN'T CRASHED! YOU LANDED!" (mumble grumble, fly and harass them for third and forth set)

Also MP-443 Platinumed. Dime to the MP-412/(w)Rex to be platinumed, Shepard.

*Though, I'll still use Craig's Bond's gun forever. Sogood.gif*

Man, The only time I practice is when I'm in a room full of randoms. It truly was a miracle I didn't crash. I thought our Helicopter getting caught in the celebration explosion at the end was funny.

Congrats on Platinuming the 443. Soon you can join the 2 pistol platinum star ranks. : D

Calion

TheSeks said:
:lol I know, I said we'd do it and you actually got the helicopter after I went to arm B and help JJD thinking they'd probably take the helicopter and got sniped.

I'm still surprised you landed it safely and all that. You really should LEARN, man. You aren't as bad as you make yourself appear to be. It's just practice and learning to balance the helicopter and learn pressure/GTFO when under fire and all that.

I say that as a pretty shitty pilot, though. Can't seem to spin as fast as the "pros" do.

I actually waited right beside the Heli for you to spawn on me, but an enemy saw me; forcing me to hop in. What I really have a hard time doing piloting is providing the gunner with excellent angles/opportunities to allow easy kills. I know exactly what a gunner wants, I just can't contribute that (yet, hopefully).

TheSeks

Calion82v said:
I actually waited right beside the Heli for you to spawn on me, but an enemy saw me; forcing me to hop in. What I really have a hard time doing piloting is providing the gunner with excellent angles/opportunities to allow easy kills. I know exactly what a gunner wants, I just can't contribute that (yet, hopefully).

The Apache takes a bit to get used to. First person (I fly/drive/etc. in first person) is very limiting, so I generally have to make sure I keep flying around and doing circles and keeping tabs on everything. But that small + in the middle of your screen is where your rockets will hit. If you lead/spin your shots, you can generally connect all your rockets into a tank easy. Just takes practice, man. And with that small server you could've done it just doing circles while I rained death down. :p

TheSeks said:
@Faceless: It's too blurry. I dunno. Off-screen works better if you capture it in darkness. But then again, as the "visual" person of GAF, I get driven bonkers by having trouble seeing things/blurry cams.
it was dark, that map is really bright!

Tunavi said:
Hey BFGAF, do you guys ever play private matches?
the only times i've ever played in private matches were

1) this one time near launch with some GAF people

2) some time a few months after launch with endlessflood and his peeps when we played knife/defib/repair tool only matches.

TheSeks

maxxpower said:
Anybody here play mainly squad deathmatch?(PS3)

The gaiety derived from your post exceeded my self-control tolerances, good sir! You are to be applauded for your efforts!

AKA: :lol No. Maybe... Fersis and one other person, but no one cares about a mode that isn't Battlefield.

Here's a thread where you can find PS3 players that want mindless deathmatch over objective modes.

2) some time a few months after launch with endlessflood and his peeps when we played knife/defib/repair tool only matches.

AKA: PS3GAF? I left that match, I play with. Not against.

maxxpower said:

It's all I've been playing lately.
I'm on PC, but I've discovered SQDM to be fun and have been able to woo back some of the PC-GAF players from COD:Blops back into BC2 with it recently...

So much fun when you wanna play battlefield and relax, allowing for a bit more intimate infantry combat experience when desired without having to worry about APC/tank shells and chopper rockets. It's even the relaxer I play between huge 500+ ticket conquest rounds to unwind!

All you SQDM haters can meet me somewhere, I'll take my 870 and enjoy the sights while you enjoy the respawn screen.

TheSeks

Cuban Legend said:
All you SQDM haters can meet me somewhere, I'll take my 870 and enjoy the sights while you enjoy the respawn screen.

You're gonna pump me... full of bullets?

Seriously: Squad Deathmatch has to be some of the most boring deathmatch I have played. It doesn't fit the Battlefield sandbox and it boils down to: "two assaults for 50 kills, two medics to revive/refund kills to 'steal' kills from the 50 from other squads."

It's not fun. Objective modes is where Battlefield shines. CoD's deathmatch is where that FPS shines (as opposed to the objective modes which are pure shit there). Really, if you want pure DM, go to CoD. :/

... I'm just about the only active BC2 player in PC-GAF that didn't become a COD:Blops bandwagoner. So, no i wont move to CoD when i want to focus on having fun FPS mechanics to frag with. CoD may be more technically precise, but it's not fun as BF's FPS model to me.

Im partial to Battlefield as a series with regards to both scale of the encounters thanks to vehicles and the FPS model of the infantry weapons. Yet BF2 had an amazing infantry-only experience that I fell in love with, SQDM replicates that for me in BC2.

Edit: Just don't knock it until you've played it with us PCBC2-GAF and had more fun than you thought you would. ;)

TheSeks said:

Seriously: Squad Deathmatch has to be some of the most boring deathmatch I have played. It doesn't fit the Battlefield sandbox and it boils down to: "two assaults for 50 kills, two medics to revive/refund kills to 'steal' kills from the 50 from other squads."

It's not fun. Objective modes is where Battlefield shines. CoD's deathmatch is where that FPS shines (as opposed to the objective modes which are pure shit there). Really, if you want pure DM, go to CoD. :/

I'm inclined to disagree, while SDM isn't where BF 'shines', I do feel it is superior to BLOPS DM and provides a much more intimate experience than the flagship mode(s). Also, not only just a difference in opinion but my SDM experiences have been pretty solid, fun, and occasionally challenging.

I play Recon + VSS + V-Elect, it's a lot of fun because I don't focus on kills -- I literally play recon, tossing sensor balls like a madman and hopping in the bradley as soon as possible to work as some proxy detection unit. I find it fun. I've been able to turn the tide of a quite a few matches. SDM is a fun (and relaxing alternative) mode when you take for what it is: Deathmatch. So it isn't doing anything new, special, or different but it works!

U2NUMB

Not sure why Vietnam did not pull me in back when it was released but a friend and I have spent most of the last 2 days playing it and wow.. I forgot just how much fun BF is. I am pulled back in!

How active is the BC2 Gaf 360 gamertag still?

Cuban Legend said:
Edit: Just don't knock it until you've played it with us PCBC2-GAF and had more fun than you thought you would. ;)

I have been playing squad deathmatch for the last few hours, and oh man it is fun. Love holding out in a building, fighting wave after wave of attacks, and going to a new building when the previous gets blown apart lol

maxxpower

TheSeks said:
The gaiety derived from your post exceeded my self-control tolerances, good sir! You are to be applauded for your efforts!

Lol, a couple of weeks ago when I was playing Bad Company 2 and MAG religiously I was playing nothing but Conquest. Nothing like a good objective based mode to compliment MAG. I decided to retire from online shooters since they were taking my time and focus away from my beloved RPGs. I sold MAG but kept Bad Company 2 since I had bought the Vietnam expansion, started playing squad deathmatch whenever I was in the mood for a shooter and to be honest I found it extremely laid back and relaxing. The only objective is killing so it makes for a nice hour or so of relaxing fun while I take a break from my other games.

TheSeks

The servers really need to stop ragequitting.

You know you're doing something right when you're getting 5-6 rockets hitting you at a time, and two-four engineers are under your tank repairing it as you anti-tank snipe (and fail :().

Xux

maxxpower said:

It's all I've been playing lately.

I tend to migrate to it eventually since I usually get on later than the other GAF players; I like infantry-based gunfights in FPS games so it just sorta clicks with me.

TheSeks said:
The servers really need to stop ragequitting.

You know you're doing something right when you're getting 5-6 rockets hitting you at a time, and two-four engineers are under your tank repairing it as you anti-tank snipe (and fail :().

Yeah, there always seems to be 20+ engineers per lobby whenever I try to do anything with a vehicle. :(

Shadybiz

Hey all, I just started playing this on the PC recently. I played my first MP game last night. I had a couple of questions; if anyone could answer them, I'd greatly appreciate it.

1. I don't know much about this "Punkbuster." I googled it today, and found out what it is. But I downloaded BC2 from Steam, and a couple of forums show people having trouble with punkbuster and Steam working together. Is this still an issue?

2. I'm a flat out noob at multiplayer PC gaming, so I was wondering about security. I hear random stories about people going onto random servers and having accounts hacked, being attacked, etc. Is this really just a rare thing, and what are some good methods to avoid crap like this, other than obviously having firewall, antivirus, etc turned on?

sorry for the long post, but thanks in advance for any advice.

PS: I LOVE what I've played so far!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Shadybiz said:
I'm a flat out noob at multiplayer PC gaming, so I was wondering about security. I hear random stories about people going onto random servers and having accounts hacked, being attacked, etc. Is this really just a rare thing, and what are some good methods to avoid crap like this, other than obviously having firewall, antivirus, etc turned on?
This doesn't happen. Idiots share their passwords/go log into fake sites that were they accepted anonymous messages about.

Mr Nightman said:
[/B]
I have been playing squad deathmatch for the last few hours, and oh man it is fun. Love holding out in a building, fighting wave after wave of attacks, and going to a new building when the previous gets blown apart lol
My favorite Conquest map is Arica Harbor. I love when my squad is holed up in a garage or house and the enemy team's focus becomes killing us rather than capturing the flag. Of course, sometimes the rest of our team swarms our location because they want in on the killing, instead of capturing the other flags!

TheSeks said:

reviving doesn't take points away in SDM. and SDM is great! dominating in the vehicle. booby trapping the vehicle. taking the high ground and killing wave after wave!

U2NUMB said:
Not sure why Vietnam did not pull me in back when it was released but a friend and I have spent most of the last 2 days playing it and wow.. I forgot just how much fun BF is. I am pulled back in!

How active is the BC2 Gaf 360 gamertag still?
it's about as busy as it usually is, the active people keep rotating in and out.

Stallion Free said:
This doesn't happen. Idiots share their passwords/go log into fake sites that were they accepted anonymous messages about.
that happens on console too! people getting some XBL/PSN message to get free points (hell, even some people on GAF managed to fall for it!)

adamsappel said:
My favorite Conquest map is Arica Harbor. I love when my squad is holed up in a garage or house and the enemy team's focus becomes killing us rather than capturing the flag. Of course, sometimes the rest of our team swarms our location because they want in on the killing, instead of capturing the other flags!
my favorite is either Panama Canal or Laguna Presa

Shadybiz

Stallion Free said:

Excellent; thanks for letting me know this. I am the paranoid type when it comes to my PC's security, so I like to check my bases.

Anyone else playing the PS3 version having trouble with laaaaaag? ...past couple of days have been unplayable. I think it may be my connection, but I wanted to check just to be sure...

Spl1nter

Cuban Legend said:
... I'm just about the only active BC2 player in PC-GAF that didn't become a COD:Blops bandwagoner. So, no i wont move to CoD when i want to focus on having fun FPS mechanics to frag with. CoD may be more technically precise, but it's not fun as BF's FPS model to me.

No you aint.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
BrLvgThrChmstry said:
Anyone else playing the PS3 version having trouble with laaaaaag? ...past couple of days have been unplayable. I think it may be my connection, but I wanted to check just to be sure...

I am. East Coast US. And I don't hang around if the room is laggy... I'll just go do something else.

I've dropped the majority of the games I've joined lately because of lag.

Cuban Legend said:

Im partial to Battlefield as a series with regards to both scale of the encounters thanks to vehicles and the FPS model of the infantry weapons. Yet BF2 had an amazing infantry-only experience that I fell in love with, SQDM replicates that for me in BC2.

I've just started playing this week so please add me! None of my Steam friends thus far are playing BC2.

The account name is "laserbuddha" and the profile name is "UrielSynthesis". Not sure which you need, I figured it would be the profile name but Mr Nightman apparently only found me when searching "laserbuddha".

Once again I cannot connect to BC2 online on 360. Anyone else having difficulties with 360 online? I can't connect to the store or anything.

The Faceless Master said:
my favorite is either Panama Canal or Laguna Presa
In one Laguna Presa match, I spawned on you and you had a tank on the top of the mountain, C-side. I had no idea you could drive up there! I've caught a few tanks on the A-side of the map, though. Once you get up there, you don't have as much room to avoid mortars, heh.

Mizzou Gaming said:
Once again I cannot connect to BC2 online on 360. Anyone else having difficulties with 360 online? I can't connect to the store or anything.
Might be coincidence, but whenever I've had this trouble, clearing my cache sorted it out.

Calion

Good news Seks. I had a handful of Atacama games last night where I just practiced flying. I'm slowly getting the hang of it..... Be warned though, I still suck. x_x

Hellcrow

Stalemate at the third sets of MCOMs at arica harbor. The defending team has only B left, and pushed back on the bridge. However, they are spamming bullets at everyone daring to go for the arm. I decide to go assault, and quickly smoke both sides of the train, and my squadmates arms and defends it excellently. We push on, and easily take A, but B is heavily defended. I start flanking on the right, open side, but one guy spots me. Luckily he gets spotted and sniped quickly, and I lay a solid smoke screen as I advance for cover. Just as I approach cover and the game black screens and I see the menu. FUCK! Always when I feel all tactical and shit.

I hate knife crazy people.
They'll always spawn camp, and never near objectives.
Then when it's their turn to attack, they'll always just hide in base and snipe.

Info regarding that clan we played today:

QUOTE TO SEE

Olimpia: If you are typing about tonight's game please use the "" tag so that the clan's name can only be seen by members.

I don't think public humiliation is a good thing.

No_Style

I'd like to nominate myself as the "difference maker" being the late comer and turning the tide for that epic comeback victory. :p

What an exhilarating win though. I was like: "OH SHIT THIS IS HAPPENING!" non-stop for the last minute or so.

No_Style said:
I'd like to nominate myself as the "difference maker" being the late comer and turning the tide for that epic comeback victory. :p

Right. Except I came out on top of the late comers :p
Assault Reconz

No_Style

At first glance, I thought it was going to be utter helicopter abuse after seeing the ridiculous score difference upon joining. And all the 50's.

olimpia84

I guess tonight GAF discovered the worst BF clan in the world.

Dan, JJD and I were playing Conquest and when we got to a Laguna Alta round I saw that two or three dudes with the [***] tag joined. By that time the game was already pretty lopsided so we pushed them back to their spawn and proceeded to base rape them. To our surprise, everybody but those [***] dudes left. They just kept spawning and getting murdered left and right. By the time the round was about to end more of them joined so they were like 8 or 9 of them total so I thought that the next round was going to be really hard (they were all level 50 and from the same clan and we had the same number of people as them, and to top that the rest of our team were just random level 30 dudes)
To my surprise, we managed to get them bad in the second laguna alta again and we base raped them again for most of the round.
After that Harvest Day came around and by that time they had a full [***] clan of level 50s so I thought now we are in REAL trouble.....to my surprise (again) we won both rounds by over 100 tickets.

The next level was Atacama and the first round we won easily again by like 100 tickets. By the second round both Dan and JJD left so I was the only gaffer and they had like a 4 man advatange for the entire round so it looked like my team was going to lose but thank God NoStyle, dreamgazer and JJD joined again and we managed to perform a comeback of epic proportions. We won by "0" tickets, it was a true nail biting round.

After that the next level was Nelson Bay and with a full GAF squad we proceeded to rape them once again (they still had a FULL clan team).......finally on the second round of Nelson Bay they all left but damn that was the most embarrassing display of a clan that I've seen :lol :lol

edit: added the tags per dreamgazer's request =p

olimpia84

mmm tried to use the email tags but that didn't work so I just took out their name completely. It's for the best because I don't want the rest of the forum to make fun of them

edit: thanks for all the info dream, very interesting =P

Top Bottom