• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Spl1nter said:
Why you posting bad rounds bro?
The round itself was much better, it was a Heavy Metal game of Conquest...

I had taken screenshots of me taking down these relentless chopper pilots on the other team (which were GAF members on the Mumbler server at the time) and we were holding the A flag, which was opposite our spawn. But i realized that my Fraps was closed the whole time so i just used the Steam Screenshot function to take end of round scoreboard shots.

Nabs, Sanjay and I were holding A down on our own, we didn't do the best scorewise... but the round was mostly easygoing for us with some hiding GAF-sniper who kept trying to mortar us the whole time, until the end when all hell broke loose and we ended up downing 2 T-90 Tanks, 2 Hind-D' Support Choppers, 1 Blackhawk Transport Chopper, and ended up stealing their Hind D and Attack Chopper before the end of the round.

Spl1nter

BFBC2Game2010-05-1713-36-10-52.jpg

Well this round my team absolutely sucked and I got almost more kills then my entire team combined. I was by myself holding A, B, C and D. We won by 1 ticket. Did I mention I got ace pin and top squad.

Thats cool but did you take out 3 choppers while stealing the enemy choppers and jihading them onto other flags, WHILE BLINDFOLDED!?

AHA GOTCHA

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Got all pins !!

Arica Harbor + Humvee + Third Person Camera == Road Kill pin

Spl1nter

Cuban Legend said:
Thats cool but did you take out 3 choppers while stealing the enemy choppers and jihading them onto other flags, WHILE BLINDFOLDED!?

AHA GOTCHA

na man that was the previous round. And it was 7 choppers not 3. Took down 2 of them with a single sniper rifle shot and all with one hand tied behind my back.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
30 Kills
30 Deaths

Of which, 7-8 of those deaths were due to shitty medics (Meppi, random) reviving me into the middle of fucking gunfire in a firefight I lost. FIVE TIMES. THANKS RANDOM!

meppi

TheSeks said:
30 Kills
30 Deaths

Of which, 7-8 of those deaths were due to shitty medics (Meppi, random) reviving me into the middle of fucking gunfire in a firefight I lost. FIVE TIMES. THANKS RANDOM!

Who gives a shit about K/D in conquest where tickets and flags are everything. Seriously. :-/
Thanks to my shitty medic work we were able to return from a -40 to a -3.
I specifically changed to medic from engineer to keep our numbers up and counter the bunch of worthless snipers that never even captured any flags.
Feels like you only seem to join our games to bitch about it later, sheesh.
Or perhaps you were just pissed because you ended up with only half the points of me or Mancunian11 (who didn't play as a medic, so he didn't magically boost his points.) yet again.

Nothing is ever good enough unless it's a complete base rape of the enemy, which is just boring as shit no matter which side you're on.
You might refute that by saying I joined a game previously this evening, and that was indeed the case.
I joined memorycure and noticed it was just us with a bunch of randoms against 8 or more regulars from here.
Didn't even try to switch teams as I thought others might switch sides to get a fun little competition going and have a good night playing against each other.
But no, padding a K/D ratio seems to be all that matters so I left after finishing the round.

If that's the case, count me out. I'd prefer to play for fun and challenge instead of making other peoples game night a miserable experience while padding a number that doesn't mean shit. pfff

Here i am trolling one of those "LVL 30 and up = BAN" (Noob Servers), with an alt. The map this round was Port Valdes Rush, I was Defending, and got on the Apache in the 3nd set of crates, RAPE ensued.

Bonus: See if you can spot the 1 other GAF member besides me(Hint: He's not wearing tags)
bfbc2game2011-02-2518-3mip.png

And I did it with the M1A1
bfbc2game2011-02-2518-ymgl.png

Theseks like to use this board to rant. It's common procedure Meppi. No offense, but he has a temper which is quite similar to my older brother when he plays games. Even though I can't hear him I can tell by the rants. It's just how he is and sometimes dying over and over and over can be very annoying.

TheSeks

Haha. The M1A1 is pretty badass at times. I haven't honestly used it in months.

Anyway, rolling games. Quickly clear the server out, J joined, cue more people coming in. Sniper fest. Snipe snipe snipe snipe snipe snipe snipe snipe snipe (and I haven't even cleared the trees out on Cold War yet).

Next round: Ilsa Innocentes: Snipe snipe snipe snipe snipe snipe snipe. Smoking helicopter, but we held them off at the last set. Which was crazy as I figured they'd cheese their way to last set, but I guess they figured they'd get rolled by an Hin-D.

I seriously don't know why a bunch of level 50's on the other team suddenly go into sniper mode on attack rounds. It's so boring and stupid. Eventually, they're just gonna lose so why not actually try to arm the crates instead of <D 2.0> a building and then have me focus on one crate and making sure you don't come in.

White Pass was even more funny as they didn't take any of the crates. They'd swarm, clear a few people out. I'd revive after the gunfight or no gunfire going on. Kill people coming in. Heal. Die. Die. Revive, heal.

Then we rolled all the way to last set. Mostly because they figured "DERP WE'LL SPAWN CAMP" at the second set (WTF) with where B was blown. Half of GAF was already to the last set as soon as "BASE TAKEN MOVE UP" happened. :lol We speed cap B. Then take A after a little work.

Not bad but the whole "game devolves into snipers at the start because we're wusses and can't bother to attack" gets old after a bit.

Crack said:
It's just how he is and sometimes dying over and over and over can be very annoying.

Esp. when you're attempting to defend a flag (OH HI, I KNOW THE POINT OF CONQUEST) and lose a firefight because a medic is hiding behind you. FIVE TIMES. Against two people ready for you to pop back up because they know you're out of ammo in the clip (thereby having to auto-reload on revive) only to eat their bullets because you can't fire. Five times.

I absolutely get driven insane by pretty crap medic revives. And sitting there reviving a person (AKA: me) five times and seeing them die two seconds later doesn't help my temper.

Meppi only pulled it ONCE but it was like "Gee, thanks. :|" But the random absolutely drove me bonkers. I'm like "I WANT TO CHANGE CLASSES OR GET A FRESH CLIP. STOOOOOOOOOOP." :|

One of those cases where I wish TEXT CHAT WAS IN THE FLIPPING CONSOLE VERSIONS.

(Oh, hey speaking of which: J and I dragged a few people into the PSN cross-game chat function. Everybody agrees that DICE really should implement text chat in BF3 PS3. What do you know!?)

Damn it i wish i could play on the consoles with you guys, those players sound like and look like (by the looks of the many console game-plays I've seen) a herd of chickens running around with their heads cut off.

But alas, I'm all about a challenge with M&K controls over easy pickings with a controller.

TheSeks

Cuban Legend said:
But alas, I'm all about a challenge with M&K controls over easy pickings with a controller.

U MAD because you can't handle the awesome that is controllers. ;) ;)

And BTW, Seks, you can play on the PC with a Dualshock, all you have to do it install xpadder, it can detect the Dualshock just fine from what I know. And just remap the controls to whatever you like, add a rumble feature for jumping, knifing or shooting if you like, vary the strength of the rumble as well... I use it to troll noobs with my wired XBOX360 gamepad.

Just get a PC that's ready fir BF3 and you should be all set.

TheSeks

LOL you're just baiting me so the PC hitsquad can kill me over and over and over.

I do plan to get the PC version of BF3 provided I get hired sometime within the next nine months somewhere (*mumble grumble* at attempts to get money), but as it is I'm still picking up the PS3 version.

I'll just wait a long while. BF3 looks like you would need a beefy computer to play it. I'll wait for mid tier parts that can run it at a constant 60 fps or higher at 1080p before I swap. I'll think it'll be the next generation of GPU and CPUs, a year or two wait tops. PS3 version until then because there is not way I'm paying 500+ just for one game.

Spl1nter

Cuban Legend said:
Here i am trolling one of those "LVL 30 and up = BAN" (Noob Servers), with an alt. The map this round was Port Valdes Rush, I was Defending, and got on the Apache in the 3nd set of crates, RAPE ensued.

Here I am playing my only round of the game on a perfectly normal server. I would say I raped the opposition but this is just pretty standard. Dont need to go on a noobs only server to get 1st.

Note the higher k/d and score

BFBC2Game2011-02-2519-10-45-18.jpg

Spl1nter said:
Here I am playing my only round of the game on a perfectly normal server. I would say I raped the opposition but this is just pretty standard. Dont need to go on a noobs only server to get 1st.

Note the higher k/d and score

http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx228/Spl1nter3/BFBC2Game2011-02-2519-10-45-18.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
I went into a noob server since I wanted to play with a GAFer who was in the server, but my main is LVL33... which is why I clarified that I was on a noob server, with an perkless M1A1... instead of a Sniper Rifle with Magnum ammo.

Spl1nter

Cuban Legend said:
I went into a noob server since I wanted to play with a GAFer who was in the server, but my main is LVL33... which is why I clarified that I was on a noob server, with an perkless M1A1... instead of a Sniper Rifle with Magnum ammo.

I didnt use a sniper rifle with magnum ammo. I used an xm8 lmg. Plus I dont need magnum ammo with my sniper rifle because I always head shot the opposition. However the horrible netcode and lag in vanilla bc2 makes that pretty difficult.

TheSeks

Now now, boys. There's only one way to settle this...

I'm better than both of you. Suck it. :p

Cuban Legend said:
The 870 is my new friend.[/IMG]
my 870 is offically retired on 360 as of an hour ago.

Platinum!

Saiga is next!

i remember one Squad DM game on Laguna Presa, all i did was sit in the bushes about 20ft from the tank and C4 it repeatedly. as soon as a team got in and started driving... BOOM!

TheSeks

2.00 KDR isn't often for me. BAWWW DISABLED. :( (I get 8.-15.00 to 0.50-1.00)

I dunno who "Nighthawk830" is but *thumbs up* on the gunning while I just slowly pushed us forward until we got C4'ed at third set.

Dr Prob

Banned
This is old news, but I'd like to thank Faceless for posting about that thing where you use the Valparaiso Defenders' stationary rocket shooting joint on their own crates.

You know, like ages ago. So cheap. So awesome.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I felt like taking some shots of this with my new PC so here are a few, just because. It's a looker on PC, that's for sure.....Never knew how good this game could look coming from the PS3 version.

bfbc2game2011-02-2600-pmvl.png

bfbc2game2011-02-2600-amzu.png

bfbc2game2011-02-2600-smb6.png

bfbc2game2011-02-2600-tmny.png

More can be found at this post in the 2011 PC screenshot thread.

TheSeks

Dr Prob said:
This is old news, but I'd like to thank Faceless for posting about that thing where you use the Valparaiso Defenders' stationary rocket shooting joint on their own crates.

You know, like ages ago. So cheap. So awesome.

You mean the second set stationary AT on third and fourth set? Can't ever snipe fourth with it.

Also 1.29 KDR now. Yay, went up .01 No where near my 2.00/1.50 I had at launch. BOO.

No_Style

Xux said:
AT mines are so hilarious.

Yes they are. Especially when they're placed beside a vehicle and detonated. You just know the driver was like "I DIDN'T EVEN MOVE".

Also, great games with Conquest buddy, Olimpia. That first match I joined was nail bittingly close! And that last match was fun for the score difference between us vs the rest of the team. They didn't even break 1K.

TheSeks

Xux said:
AT mines are so hilarious.

Sadly, everyone on GAF uses them at the outset to where I never get kills anymore unless it's luck. ;___;

Speaking of which...

MemoryCure: U MAD about my triple kill on you and two randoms this afternoon in Laguna Presa with said AT mines creating the "great wall of boats?" *trollface.jpg*

Cels

TheSeks said:
2.00 KDR isn't often for me. BAWWW DISABLED. :( (I get 8.-15.00 to 0.50-1.00)

I dunno who "Nighthawk830" is but *thumbs up* on the gunning while I just slowly pushed us forward until we got C4'ed at third set.

that was me.

olimpia84

No_Style said:
Also, great games with Conquest buddy, Olimpia. That first match I joined was nail bittingly close! And that last match was fun for the score difference between us vs the rest of the team. They didn't even break 1K.

Yeah, great games as usual. I was playing Rush with the rest of PS3 gaf but had to quit because it was too boring (the other team literally didn't do anything and to top that they started quitting after a few matches) so I went on to play Conquest by myself. I'm glad you joined because there's no way we would have won that Panama canal game without you. As you said our team was bad for the most part and we doubled or triple them in score at the end of the round.

TheSeks

Didn't do anything? That's funny, they attempted to at least push, instead of ragequitting like normal.

Was futile as they never really made it past the first set, but hey, nice to see the old college try instead of just sitting in the starting spawn and sniping for an hour.

TheSeks said:
Sadly, everyone on GAF uses them at the outset to where I never get kills anymore unless it's luck. ;___;

Speaking of which...

MemoryCure: U MAD about my triple kill on you and two randoms this afternoon in Laguna Presa with said AT mines creating the "great wall of boats?" *trollface.jpg*
yeah, on Laguna Presa 1st base, everyone on my team is out laying AT Mines in the water! i call them lotto tickets now. because... you never know...

TheSeks said:

I saw a small group of them as I was approaching, "Hah, whoever placed these should have spre- *boom* ...goddammit". I didn't see the notice the nice 'wall' of mines till it was too late. Overall, frustrating team to play with. Lol, but GGs!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Crakatak187 said:
Weren't you suppose to be gone for a few months? :eek:

I'll be gone all summer... but until then my gaming will be sporadic.

It was really cool though that a lot of gaffers were on yesterday when I did have a chance to play for a bit. I'll try and make the Sunday night game w/ JM too... you better be there!

edit: there were lots of cool things from last night but highlight for me was stealing the tank on Port Valdez defense and then just destroying them with it. JJD was my gunner and he did great... They had a full team and we still had them in complete lock down. At one point some guy makes a desperation move (twice) and jumps in the AA vehicle.... did not end well for him either time lol.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So I just started playing this game this week. (Shut up, my Steam backlog is huge.)

Guys.

This game is good.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I'm still not level 50... despite how much I post in this thread. lol

It's scary... you reach endgame faster in most MMO's than BC2. haha.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
That's one of the things that surprised me about BC2, having had (brief) experience with the Call of Duty games. It takes a while to level up here.

In CoD you shoot like four dudes and congrats! you got another level!

Level 50 in BC2 isnt worth the time and effort, especially on PC, as you get all your unlocks by 25 if you spread out each class evenly...

Now if your one of those special achievement/trophy whores, then 50 might have a tiny peice of useless treasure for you once you get to it, lol.

50 in BF3 better be worth it. HEAR ME, DICE?!

Top Bottom