• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Cuban Legend said:
Level 50 in BC2 isnt worth the time and effort, especially on PC, as you get all your unlocks by 25 if you spread out each class evenly...

Now if your one of those special achievement/trophy whores, then 50 might have a tiny peice of useless treasure for you once you get to it, lol.

50 in BF3 better be worth it. HEAR ME, DICE?!
yeah DICE, i want gold, platinum and camo versions of every weapon unlocked at 50.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The Faceless Master said:
yeah DICE, i want gold, platinum and camo versions of every weapon unlocked at 50.

Gold AK-47 in BF3 wopuld be easier than Gold AK-47 in CoD4. Oh lawd.

Spl1nter

Cuban Legend said:

Hopefully its not worth anything other than a shiny badge. Retarded to reward a player with an advantage over how much they play a game.

I managed to get to level 50 like 4 months after the game came out. It didn't seem to take that long, but then again it was literally the only game I played for months, twas hooked. For a while I was in the top 50 in points, i dunno, I'm probably still in the top 500, bu I cant find my copy so I cant check :(

Spl1nter said:
Hopefully its not worth anything other than a shiny badge. Retarded to reward a player with an advantage over how much they play a game.
i'm tellin ya man, when people see my platinum Saiga, they'll know i'm 50. shiny badge!

edit: and 50 should have platinum dog tags!

should be
Rank 0 = no tags!
1-24 = bronze
25-39 = silver
40-49 = gold
50 - PLATINUM

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
The Faceless Master said:
26 is endgame

I had a feeling you'd call me on that... lol

Cuban Legend said:
Level 50 in BC2 isnt worth the time and effort, especially on PC, as you get all your unlocks by 25 if you spread out each class evenly...

Now if your one of those special achievement/trophy whores, then 50 might have a tiny peice of useless treasure for you once you get to it, lol.

Level 50 does have some meaning as far as gameplay... I mean if you open the scoreboard and see like 6-7 lvl 50's... you know how many hours of combined playtime that represents? It's significant. There's nothing those guys haven't seen/done/tried/exploited/got bored of before. haha.

recklessmind said:
I mean if you open the scoreboard and see like 6-7 lvl 50's... you know how many hours of combined playtime that represents? It's significant. There's nothing those guys haven't seen/done/tried/exploited/got bored of before. haha.
I'm level 50 and I still learn new stuff every game! I think faceless probably knew more BFBC2 stuff when he was level 10 than I do now...

TheSeks

50 isn't hard to get. It just takes a while. If you get the medals/emblems during the run up to it, it's faster to level. You can probably get 1-5 emblem/stars per level, theoretically to help level you up faster.

LEGGZZZZ

This game would probably be my favorite MP this gen so far, but god damn it I just hate their matchmaking, I really hope they improve that aspect in BF3. For someone like me who works full time and goes to school, the only time I have to play really is late at night, and it is frustrating getting into a game with only 3 to 4 players on both sides. the full 12 vs 12 craziness or even 8 vs 8 is what battlefield is all about imo, but oh well the game is still awesome.

You guys would be fine without me for a while. I'm going to absorb more of Tactics Ogre. I won't abandon gaf though. I'll definitely be back.

UFRA

Posting this again to make sure many see it:

Sunday, sunday, sunday!!!

Are you a Gaffer? Do ya have a PS3? Do you have BC2?

Well that's great!

Because UFRA would like to play BC2 on PS3* Sunday night at 8PM-ish CST/ 9PM-ish EST.

*Some restrictions apply. Must be 18 or older to purchase tickets. A valid credit or debit card from MasterCard, Visa, or American Express is required. Sorry, personal checks not accepted. Children not allowed. May contain violent content and teabagging.

TheSeks

UFRA said:
Posting this again to make sure many see it:

Sunday, sunday, sunday!!!

Are you a Gaffer? Do ya have a PS3? Do you have BC2?

Well that's great!

Because UFRA would like to play BC2 on PS3* Sunday night at 8PM-ish CST/ 9PM-ish EST.

*Some restrictions apply. Must be 18 or older to purchase tickets. A valid credit or debit card from MasterCard, Visa, or American Express is required. Sorry, personal checks not accepted. Children not allowed. May contain violent content and teabagging.

No rainchecks? :lol

You better find someone at DICE while you're at GDC and bitch bitch bitch about text-chat for PS3 BF3, for me.

TheSeks

IT WOULD BE NICE IF SOMEONE (*cough*ROCK*cough*) WOULD LEARN TO FLY SO I COULD DOOM AND GLOOM THE ANTI-AIRS MYSELF. >:| :mad:

I'll definitely be on later tonight, I'm done with KZ3 MP after barely a week (Consistent Framerate? ..Lol). I'm now sure that Guerrilla Games is trolling anyone who decides to buy this game.

Looks like MvC3 and BC2 for the long haul.

Evolved1

BrLvgThrChmstry said:
I'll definitely be on later tonight, I'm done with KZ3 MP after barely a week (Consistent Framerate? ..Lol). I'm now sure that Guerrilla Games is trolling anyone who decides to buy this game.

Looks like MvC3 and BC2 for the long haul.

I really liked the SP... few mins I played of MP was kinda meh.

None of the KZGAF would squad up with me even though I was in their game... I was like fuck you guys. BC2GAF crew would eat you motherfuckers. Then I went and played Battlefield with ejas and JJD for a while and it was a lot more fun.

TheSeks

Well, that was special.

SomeDumbass <AN-94> Rock
TheSeks <AN-94> RocksKiller
TheSeks <AN-94> SomeDumbass2

*get out of cover, runs past A. Rock spawns on me and arms it, meanwhile in Sweden*

DICE: Should we let TheSeks have a worry-free time in Bad Company 2 today?
Me: YESSSSS
DICE: Sure, let's let him knife with no issues.

TheSeks <Knife> Dumbass3
TheSeks <Knife> Dumbass4
TheSeks <Knife> Dumbass5

Back to back to back. All in a row and a distance from eachother. You figured they'd hear me compared to me not hearing them. But I did a full circle around the last set of Ilsa Innocentes AN-94'ing and knifing people in the back because they decided to focus on A before I speedcappped B with Xux drawing some of the fire away from it.

Also got 5-6 Ace pins against Rock. Who said it was impossible to do against Rock? Evolved? Because I just proved you wrong (and proved this wrong a year ago) as well. :lol

Good games, Xux and Rock. I got up WAAAAAY earlier than I should've (like 5AM?) but I couldn't sleep and decided to get on the PS3. Saw you two playing and just went for it. Xux's team of Conquest rolled and then they all quit and I left after someone filled up the other team and Xux couldn't help me defend B. :| Joined Rock and I think we only lost one game or so but rolled the whole way through the others.

Also knifed about 7 fools (one dumbass twice) on White Pass. Learned a few "fuck you, attacker" knife moves when it comes to the out-of bounds, but you either die or barely make it back to safety. Still, worth it at times if I need to sneak around and hit someone in the face to get them to cower in fear. :lol

None of the KZGAF would squad up with me even though I was in their game...

If you're not praising that shit series, they don't want you. "ZOMG BEST GRAPHICS EVER (lies out of the ass)" etc.

I really don't get why you guys bought KZ3. KZ2's MP issues weren't fixed (see: SHIT SPAWNS, balance), and they took out server browsers for shitty matchmaking. That was more than enough to kill the game to me.

(Not to mention the SP story of 2 was forgettable)

Evolved1

I play with rock a lot... he's very good and generally gets ace and I end up second quite regularly. Though sometimes I'll ace.

Maybe you were just in the zone today. Maybe rock was eating breakfast and only playing with one hand... "[in spanish] Oh seks just knifed some guys haha.... hmm.... maybe I can take a break for a round or two and let someone else do some work for once... mmm... man this OJ is tasty!"

TheSeks said:
I really don't get why you guys bought KZ3. KZ2's MP issues weren't fixed (see: SHIT SPAWNS, balance), and they took out server browsers for shitty matchmaking. That was more than enough to kill the game to me.

(Not to mention the SP story of 2 was forgettable)

I've always liked Killzone... just not the MP since KZ1.

Yeah, I've actually enjoyed playing halfway through the campaign in co-op. I probably finish it at some point. As far as MP was concerned, I gave GG the benefit of the doubt... figured maybe they implemented most of the feedback to only be revealed in the final product. I don't know what flavor of kool-aid I was drinking when I thought that would be the case.

I played a few matches with the KZGAF clan, wasn't fun. Takes steamrolling to a whole new level. Doesn't even matter if your team is insanely good. It's easy to dominate in KZ3 MP when you're part of a larger machine. The lack of squad spawning, terrible spawn control point locations, very poor map designs, etc. really don't help (the list is a helluva lot longer, but you get the idea)...

Xux

TheSeks said:
I speedcappped B with Xux drawing some of the fire away from it.

That sniper that killed me had 2% health after eating my entire M1 clip and half my Rex rounds. :(

TheSeks said:
I left after someone filled up the other team and Xux couldn't help me defend B. :| Joined Rock and I think we only lost one game or so but rolled the whole way through the others.

It was, like, 2 on 1; I was just screwin' around at that point.

But yeah, GG; it's hard to get Defender wins playin' by myself.

sk3tch

Man...Recon + USAS-12 + EX UPGR + SG UPGR = just merkin' fools. I stole this idea off a dude runnin' Assault but it works great with Recon (love my motion balls).

Any tips on learning the C-4? For whatever reason (at level 29 now) I have never really played with it for more than a couple minutes. I just use Mortar Strike but it is limited in it's effectiveness especially since I'm more of an "Assault" Recon.

TheSeks

sk3tch said:
Any tips on learning the C-4? For whatever reason (at level 29 now) I have never really played with it for more than a couple minutes. I just use Mortar Strike but it is limited in it's effectiveness especially since I'm more of an "Assault" Recon.

Learn Jihad. Learn to destroy cover/trees on defense (if in Rush), learn to throw C4 while getting bloodied/hit and detonate to kill motherfuckers like I did Thursday in Val Paris.

@Evolved: There's no way I was in the zone today as like 2-3 of the games I had negative KDR while going on the attack. You just need to a) destroy cover b) MOVE MOVE MOVE c) Arm more crates than Rock does. ;)

Evolved1

sk3tch said:
Man...Recon + USAS-12 + EX UPGR + SG UPGR = just merkin' fools. I stole this idea off a dude runnin' Assault but it works great with Recon (love my motion balls).

C-4 is something you just have to be creative with... but the absolute #1 most importantly critical and vital piece of world-shattering information: you can throw it.

It's an almost exponential increase in effectiveness when you learn to toss it at tanks or over obstructions or into roads or just use it like extra grenades... throwing C-4 is the true way of the explosives insignia.

If you already know this... then there's nothing left to tell.

TheSeks

I honestly can't throw C4 at all. Jump/throw just lets it splat. So I become a rushing motherfucker and just go up the hill, throw, move back and explode kill the person hitting me while near death.

So if you have the explosive up perk, it can "bleed" through certain flooring and walls. You can use that to your advantage (much to my dismay and cheese) to kill people on a floor above you from safety.

Evolved1

I'd say 1/5 of my C-4 throws land at my feet. Kind of annoying but I'm used to it...

TheSeks

It's like 5/5 of the time for me. But honestly, you wouldn't believe how many people probably won't notice you rushing with C4 if you're careful and go around their backs. You can do this on tanks that don't notice the mini-map/plinking of C4 (like me) instead of bumrushing them from the front. If you bumrush from the front you better be damn sure they don't have a gunner noticing you or they're busy on "bigger" targets to take them out.

I've seen people use C4 to lay "traps" like AT mines. But unlike AT Mines you have to camp to do that and wait for a vehicle dumb enough to step by and C4 at the right time. It isn't a sure thing. Honestly, the way to go is rush with C4 and just explode things. You may "suicide" and not get kills a lot of the time, but you do annoy and harass the enemy into being terrorized for the rest of the team.

Of course, I'm like... gold star.... 4-6 (forget) in C4 while I'm like 7-8 Gold Star in Grenades and Mortars, so I'm not the best authority. :lol

Edit: If you're REALLY good at sneaking and getting behind enemies pushing. You can C4 camping snipers as generally they'll be looking through their scope to where they don't notice you. Instead of knifing them. Throw a C4 and GTFO/backpedal quickly. Detonate. You get a C4 kill (or possible 2-3 if someone spawns on them at the same time) plus you get a "FUCK YOU" cover blown/alert your teammates to that direction aspect of the kill.

Evolved1

There should be special camera shots and animations when you kill recons from behind.

Make the recon watch his embarrassing death from a special angle... some Tenchu shit.

Because I hate them.

recklessmind said:
I really liked the SP... few mins I played of MP was kinda meh.

None of the KZGAF would squad up with me even though I was in their game... I was like fuck you guys. BC2GAF crew would eat you motherfuckers. Then I went and played Battlefield with ejas and JJD for a while and it was a lot more fun.

I'm sick and tired of it. All I want is to get my plat and leave the game, and I can't find a single person who is willing to accept my squad invite.

All I need is that squad trophy, jetpack, cloak kill and 1 sp trophy and I'm done.

Evolved1

Dreamgazer said:
I'm sick and tired of it. All I want is to get my plat and leave the game, and I can't find a single person who is willing to accept my squad invite.

All I need is that squad trophy, jetpack, cloak kill and 1 sp trophy and I'm done.

PM me sometime this week on Wed or after... we'll get it sorted out. I need the squad trophy too.

Decided I will try and platinum KZ3 since I loved the SP (getting ready to do my elite run) and there are only a couple MP trophies, so I won't have to play it too much.

I think it's fucking retarded you have to unlock the basic abilities... but it seems that's the ugly trend these days.

-Silver-

TheSeks said:
I honestly can't throw C4 at all. Jump/throw just lets it splat

TheSeks said:
It's like 5/5 of the time for me.

Try pressing the throwing button followed by the jump button. The throwing animation is too long so if you jump then throw, you simply end up throwing it by the time you land which makes the C4 fall short of where you want it to go.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Having connection issues no BFBC2 for Fersis. :(

-Silver- said:
Try pressing the throwing button followed by the jump button. The throwing animation is too long so if you jump then throw, you simply end up throwing it by the time you land which makes the C4 fall short of where you want it to go.
this.

works with health/ammo and at mines as well.

UFRA

Crakatak187 said:
JM coming back for the night. It's kind of like the Rock coming back to host wrestlemania. I'm going to eat first.

lmao Don't hype me up too much! :p

I'll be on shortly.

TheSeks

15 mins JM. You better be there otherwise I'm going back to Marvel, baby.

TheSeks

Where the fuck is everyone? Get your asses on so we aren't playing Uneven Teams 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Evolved1

Still writing a paper that's due in the morning... :(

I'm trying to finish!

TheSeks

Oh boy, I sure do love people leaving squads and forming their own cliques. Might as well just go back to Marvel. :|

TheSeks

Well, if JM's done. Then I'm done. Getting hot in here So take off all my clothes? so, I'm going to go cool down.

Today sucked. What started off good ended with people leaving (SMH) squads that were formed, no squad for about two rounds. People/randoms leaving left and right and small games.

*sigh* When will we find a full team that actually will attempt to push other than a rarity like last week?

Maybe it's time to go home and be a Marvel-Baby-man. :|

UFRA

I got the frostbite freeze.

Crak and I left the original squad to balance out a bit since wes joined in.

Still <3 your gunning in my choppers Seks.

olimpia84

You know your team sucks when you score 5800 points (before awards) and you still lose. It was pretty much NoStyle and me against 12 people on Arica Conquest...really annoying.

TheSeks

UFRA said:
Still <3 your gunning in my choppers Seks.

TBH, that's the first time in months I've gunned. Was relaxing to do compared to flying half of other GAF people around since they won't attempt to learn like I do. :/ Only problem I had was trying to hit the anti-air and stuff at the next base while you were focusing on the current/taken base. I'm like "NO I NEED THE ANTI-AIR OUT. D:"

olimpia84 said:
You know your team sucks when you score 5800 points (before awards) and you still lose. It was pretty much NoStyle and me against 12 people on Arica Conquest...really annoying.

Should've joined our rush. It was about 9-10 people each at a time, and then it became lopsided on their end to like 6 of us then 9 of them. Then 4 of us with 9 of them. :|

TheSeks said:
Oh boy, I sure do love people leaving squads and forming their own cliques. Might as well just go back to Marvel. :|

Sorry, but I figured my vocal outcries would be more beneficial in another squad.
I tried to invite other people into the squad with just the two of us, but that didn't work.

I admit I'm biased towards JM and Wes. You will always notice I will form up a squad with them if they just hopped in. Wes owned that circle strafer on Oasis rush on defense with a tank main gun 3 times that was awesome. Those chopper whores left the next game.

gotta love when the other team has two choppers up, but we have 2 bases and their ticket count just keeps falling... and of course, they quit when a non-chopper map appears!

Top Bottom